1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Voting is now over! Stay tuned for the awards ceremony!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Official UFC Thread - Part 8

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Thread Manager, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Doc Samson Superhero Psychiatrist

The better Usman's hands get, the more exciting and dangerous he becomes. I used to think wrestling with him was suicide but at this point, it might be the better option as opposed to getting knocked out...

2. Lobo Liz is Life

Did anyone watch Izzy vs Jan? I have not yet.

3. B [insert witty comment]

No not yet, I've hardly watched or been following any combat sports these last 6 months or so. The last MMA fight I can remember watching was Khabib/Gaethje & the only boxing bout I saw was a replay of the Warrington/Lara fight that happened last month.

Having no crowds at MMA/Boxing events annoys me a lot more than it does any other sport.

4. Lobo Liz is Life

Anyone going to watch Masvidal vs Usman 2 tonight? Expect anything different from either one?

5. Doc Samson Superhero Psychiatrist

I think Jorge wanted to take heed to that advice, but clearly Usman is on another level. Hanging around with Francis and Justin probably doesn't hurt either.

Big respect not only to him but Valentina and Rose as well. Rose is cute as a button, but a fighter through and through, hopefully she can handle holding the strap this time. And Valentina just keeps dominating. It's sad because she'll always be at a disadvantage physically against Amanda, but no other woman I think comes even close to beating her, she's simply too strong for them...

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  6. TheVileOne Registered

Crazy to think that the only other contenders out there for Usman right now are guys he's already beaten with Colby Covington and Leon Edwards.

7. Rabuf Registered

Anyone in on tonight's event? I always like Derrick Lewis fight, especially when he wins and gets to say some hilariously ridiculous stuff on the mic afterwards.

8. Calvin Ellis Retired

William "The Knightmare" Knight keeps rolling. This guy is scary.

9. B [insert witty comment]

Nick Diaz hasn't fought in 6 years in a fight in which he mostly got slapped about by Anderson Silva for 5 rounds & hasn't won a fight in 10 years, yet he apparently thinks he is basically too good to fight Robbie Lawler & should have walked into a WW title shot against Usman on his return..

[​IMG]

10. B [insert witty comment]

Sad to see Nick Diaz like that, didn't look like he was in the sort of condition he normally is, didn't look like he wanted any part of Robbie Lawler once he started getting hit & literally quit in the cage when Lawler offered him the chance to get back to his feet.

Makes me wonder what his motivations for fighting again were/are, does he need the money? or is he hungry to get back in there for a few scraps.

Never been the biggest Nick (or Nate) Diaz fan, but I definitely don't like seeing fighters in the cage/ring that just give off the body language that they don't want to be in there.

11. Lobo Liz is Life

12. TheVileOne Registered

Sad to hear about Stephan Bonnar.

Considering what was happening with him before, I fear he might've been suffering from CTE. I don't know that he was. I'm not a doctor, but it seemed like things were off with him beforehand.

I have similar concerns about Diego Sanchez as well.

13. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

45 damn, way too young. RIP :csad:

14. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

15. DarthSkywalker Regular As Clockwork (he/him)

The handling of the HW division has been a joke for years. Why change now?