Official UFC Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll always have a soft spot for Lawler since my first live MMA fight was seeing him knock out Steve Berger on Fox Sports back in the day. I'm rooting for him to win, but I think Hendricks takes it. Should be a great fight.

I'll always have a soft spot for Lawler since my first live MMA fight was seeing him knock out Steve Berger on Fox Sports back in the day. I'm rooting for him to win, but I think Hendricks takes it. Should be a great fight.
That's awesome E-Man.

Personally I'm pulling for Lawler just because it would be such a great moment and story for him to win. He's also a really nice, chill, laid back guy. He's had some tough breaks in his career but sometimes he didn't really seem motivated.

Plus he's the underdog today.

Werdum was awesome, and so was the Cerrone/ Barboza fight. I hated that it ended so early because I wanted more. Barboza was really tagging Cerrone, but he walked through that like it was nothing. That jab was a thing of beauty, and Barboza was done.

I'm also glad to see Alves back in a good fight.

I hear that Ronda Rousey vs. Alexis Davis will come on July 5th. Rousey wins this one.

Browne made the same mistake Overeem made to an extent when they fought, despite Werdum losing, tagged Overeem several times if I recall in the later rounds. Neither of them respected Werdum's striking enough. It's his weak area no doubt about it, however he's a solid enough attacking to give people problems due to the fact that he mixes things up well.

Browne paid for it by taking a pretty comfortable beating, he appeared to gas quite early as well.

Browne should fight Dos Santos or, if he gets another fight, Mir next & Nelson should be matched up against Overeem, then obviously Werdum/Velasquez.

What an awesome sports night. I was at BWW, and we caught the Mavs win on a Vince Carter 3 point buzzer beater. Then the UFC delivered like a muther****er. So many great subs and knock outs, and the worst fight at least had a nicely shaped booty in Correia. MMA just keeps delivering these days, and it's a good time to be a fan.

Just nuts!
lMlZ4WF.gif

Pat Barry, I thought wrestling and grappling was the problem?!

Jackson Vs. Mo tonight. Let's go, Rampage! :woot:

No offence to Tito.. but this win doesn't mean you are back.

You beat a guy that is that much of a MW he couldn't even make 205.. it's not like he was fighting a big MW, this guy is pretty much as much of a MW as you can get.

You could just tell at the weigh ins that Shlemenko shouldn't be fighting at LHW just by looking at his physique nevermind actually weighing 201.

Tito probably had a solid 20lbs on him tonight. Quite a freakshow & daft fight I personally think.

I'm gonna go for Rampage tonight, I think the only way Mo wins is if he tries to grind him out & I think Rampage's TDD, which has declined a little in recent years, is still solid enough to keep him on his feet for the majority of the fight.. long enough to either land something on King Mo or to do enough to sway the judges.

After so much bad blood these 2 have had, fair enough the bulk of which was more when both fighters were more relevant, such a disappointing fight.

1st round Mo, 2nd round Rampage & 3rd round for whichever you personal scoring preference leans towards, either Mo's takedown/grappling with next to no strikes or Rampage's few stiff jabs landed..

Don't like either of them and thought it was a boring fight and thought mo won but I could see it going towards rampage.overall average debut for bellator mma. Wonder how good it sold

Me thinks they're going to try to re-book Jackson Vs. Ortiz if he doesn't p*ssy out...I mean get injured again this time.

Waste of time booking Ortiz, he'll either lose & make some excuse or just not show up completely.. then again, his ego might have been boosted enough from beating a 185lb fighter that he thinks he could beat either Rampage or Mo..

In hindsight, I'm glad Mo lost. I read all the pro's reactions on Twitter some were saying right decision, some were saying wrong decision.. but I'm mostly glad Rampage won simply because I feel too much emphasis is placed on wrestling. A couple of the pro's reactions on Twitter were like:

"It's MMA! Not boxing/kickboxing!"

My reply would simply be: Exactly, in mixed martial arts no 1 offensive technique should be valued above another, which is always the case with wrestling. I mean Mo was acting like he destroyed Rampage, when in reality if you watch the fight, once he took Rampage down he didn't do any legitimate damage on any of the 2 or 3 times he got him down. His primary goal when he got him down was to hold him down it seemed & I'm sorry, regardless of whether people think "that's MMA", the reality is it's a fight, not a wrestling match or a hugging competition.

Wrestling should be used to position yourself to smash someones face in or work for a submission, when you don't do that & simply take someone down, why should that takedown be valued any more than a simple jab.. because to me a takedown is a setup maneuver, which is exactly the same case with the jab I feel.

Rampage won the fight & I'm glad he won it, hopefully wrestling based fighters will realise this isn't a pin your opponent to the mat competition, it's a fight, so even if it allows your opponent the chance to get up, seperate yourself from them on the ground & try to cause some damage or setup a sub.. otherwise risk losing the fight, if a takedown scores a point, defending a takedown should score as well.. as should peppering strikes like the jab.

So get this. Wanderlei Silva refused to take a random drug test for UFC 175. So he's out of the fight now. He's not licensed.

Who is his replacement now...duh duh duh, Vitor Belfort. Yup. Apparently Vitor Belfort has been submitting tests to the NSAC. He's applying for a license on June 17. If granted, he will face Sonnen on July 5.

Oy vey is me.

989031211335462bc4b20041b2dafee1.jpg

You done messed up Wander Lee!

Meh. I somehow knew Wand would fall outta this fight. Dude just needs to keep his mouth closed about Sonnen, if he doesn't wanna fight him. What is this? The fifth time Wand has dropped out against Sonnen?

This is just kind of why I don't believe any athlete who says he's clean.

People are so sanctimonious about drug testing, yet in Pride FC all those dudes were juiced to the gills and out of their minds and no one says anything about that. All just because they weren't testing and no one got "caught," besides the guys who failed tests at Pride 32.

And listen, I won't condemn fighters for it. Because I really don't care about who is juicing or not. But it's against the rules, and if you get caught you deserve to be punished. My understanding is, refusing to take a drug test is the same as failing one .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"