Official UFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Most of Jones' fanatics can't see past the flashy and unconventional strikes (which at this point only includes a spinning elbow, a jumping knee, and a spinning back kick) and takedowns.

In my opinion, Jones is more than likely to fall flat on his face sooner than later. If a fighter like Rampage (who's nearing the end of his career) took it to Jon tonight then just imagine what a fighter with great TDD and solid stand up, such as Hendo and Machida, can do to him.

not to mention machida took ramapge down much easier and actually rocked ramapge badly when they fought

Exactly. Most of Jones' fanatics can't see past the flashy and unconventional strikes (which at this point only includes a spinning elbow, a jumping knee, and a spinning back kick) and takedowns.

In my opinion, Jones is more than likely to fall flat on his face sooner than later. If a fighter like Rampage (who's nearing the end of his career) took it to Jon tonight then just imagine what a fighter with great TDD and solid stand up, such as Hendo and Machida, can do to him.
Wow. Rampage "took it to Jon tonight"? What fight were you watching? Take the hater goggles off please.

Page got tooled badly, I like the fact Jones has toned down the recklessness and is now breaking people down methodically.

He still has much to improve on but at 24 he has time on his side.

Keep making em Bones, lol

Steven Segal(I know) actually chimed and and said bones looked really bad tonight whereas Page looked really good.

I tend to agree in this case.
Would have been great to see Page really open up(he did once but jones kinda ran)

Steven Segal(I know) actually chimed and and said bones looked really bad tonight whereas Page looked really good.

I tend to agree in this case.
Would have been great to see Page really open up(he did once but jones kinda ran)

Page was weary of doing that too much, due to the speed and reach of Jones

It's not that Jones looked bad, it's that Jones appeared incredibly human when he was unable to takedown Rampage.

People will try to argue that Jon went technical on us but he didn't. He relied on legkicks mostly to get him out of trouble. Jones went on defense several times during the fight.

Don't know what people watched tonight but Rampage wasn't tooled or dominated. Excluding Jones' legkicks, Jon really couldn't land much.

Rampage's legs finally started giving out by the third and his cardio appeared to deteriorate rather quickly (along with his chances to win the fight),

I don't like Jones' chances against Machida at all.

Last edited:
It's not that Jones looked bad, it's that Jones appeared incredibly human when he was unable to takedown Rampage.

Rampage does have underrated wrestling & very good takedown defense. I mean Rashad spent the best part of 3 rounds trying to get him down & I think he managed to get him down 2 or 3 times but he couldn't keep him there.

Rampage should try some variation. He should try throwing more leg kicks and/or taking people down. With the power he has, if he got someone down & started attacking he could do Lesnar - Mir like damage to guys.

People will try to argue that Jon went technical on us but he didn't. He relied on legkicks mostly to get him out of trouble. Jones went on defense several times during the fight.

Those front knee kicks & leg kicks were designed to keep Rampage at bay & to make him hesitant about coming in.. and it worked. I've seen a few post-fight interviews in which he stated he was hesitant about closing the distance quickly because of those knee kicks which would & his words not mine "**** you up if you we're moving in".

Jones was practically in defense mode the entier fight it was largly Rampage who took the centre & was the one closing Jones down.. not that this is a bad thing because even Chuck was on defense when he fought Rampage because he just walks through punches & kicks.

Don't know what people watched tonight but Rampage wasn't tooled or dominated. Excluding Jones' legkicks, Jon really couldn't land much.

Well it depends on your definition of domination, Jones didn't have everything his own way, but at the same time Rampage didn't really land anything significant in the fight.

Rampage's legs finally started giving out by the third and his cardio appeared to deteriorate rather quickly shortly after (along with his chances to win the fight),

I actually thought it was more those repeated knee & leg kicks that had started to take effect. He didn't seem as immobile as he was against Forest, but he definatly didn't look like he was moving freely.

I don't like Jones' chances against Machida at all.

It will be a while before we see that, hes got Evans, then the winner of Shogun/Henderson.

I'm convinced Page has some of the best TDD in the sport and definitely in his weight class. Which is what is so interesting about this
slam074.gif

doing it after bell to me read like frustration.

After sleeping on it
I think Page lost the match due to his gameplan, no leg kicks or take downs against a guy with nearly a foot reach adv. He couldn't shoot in for fear of his knee being inverted or face stuff and effectively let jones pick him apart from the outside. When he did get close he didn't dirty box again jones seem to have a answer by leaning in while keeping his head out of striking distance.

very difficult man to fight, but not unbeatable.

Please wipe off that white stain plastered on your lips.
lol Says the guy who's ******** cuz Jones won. Grow up, dude. Answers>lame insults. When was Rampage taking it to him? Was it the 1st round that he lost? The 2nd? The 3rd? Or was it when Jones choked him out? Lol. Post something useful this time.

Wow. Jones haters are hilarious. The guy smashes Shogun, then he is the first man to finish Rampage in years and people are still acting like it's hype? This is like hating Deion Sanders in his prime.

Oh yeah, Rampage has some of the best TDD and strength in MMA, and has for a while. Just because Jones had to weaken his legs to take him down doesn't mean he's weak. Just mean's he's smart.

Rampage says hes staying in Denver helping a few friends train for fights + work on his wrestling & also plans to go to the UK to work further on the training he did for the Jones fight.

Some of the positives he recieved from the fight were that his head movement was even better than usual & his takedown defense/wrestling & he believes that if he keeps working on both further & in between fights he can become a better Rampage.

He also says that because Shogun is taking on Hendo, he'd like to fight in Japan & wouldn't mind fighting Forest Griffin seeing as they're both coming off loses.. as an off the collar comment he also says he'd fight that chump King Ho as suggested by Ariel Helwani if the situation presented itself. He definatly seems set about fighting in Japan.

i think machida will beat him

machida did this to rampage when they fought
SLOMOMachidastunsRampage.gif

his TDD is really good and a very good striker

Absolutely nothing is stopping jones from doing to machida what shogun did to him.

It would be good to see jones face another style though. chida loves to stay out of peoples range and jones is all range.

i think machida will beat him

machida did this to rampage when they fought
SLOMOMachidastunsRampage.gif

his TDD is really good and a very good striker

What are people not seeing?

Shogun killed Machida
rkzhgz.jpg

256wcw7.gif

And Jones killed Shogun
128shogunfinished.gif

Next in line is Evans, so what chance is he gonna have if he can't even get passed Machida?
2w7g4nc.gif

Evans had his hands full with Rampage, and we know what Jones did to Page last night.
RearNakedChokesQuintonRampageJacksonUFC135.gif

Is it really that hard to admit that Jones is a pretty good fighter?

mma math is the worst way to go about this you've gotta know that.

Guess what Shogun did to rampage?
Guess what W silva did to rampage once, mma match means nothing.

I feel like Machida has the best chance to beat Jones.

But that is a long shot. Jones seems unbeatable and I don't see anyone currently in the division beating him. He simply is too big and unorthodox.

If anyone in the world can beat Jones right now, I'd say Anderson Silva.

i was most looking forward to diaz vs gomi, glad diaz won.

mizugaki was also a good fight. im sure he and all the other japanese fighters the ufc has will be on the ufc japan card.
hunt looked much improved usually when he goes to the ground it's over for him. he really improved his defense and actually got up from his back, almost subbed rothwell as well. very impressive.

i think big country or mitrione would be a good fight for browne next.

i was hoping hughes would win.

as far as jones rampage, didn't really care who won. the fight was ok think gomi vs diaz was fight of the night.

don't expect jones to throw so many or any kicks against rashad, it will be a wrestling fest and probably end in submission or gnp.

sorry mace mma math does not work

ellenberger beat shields but jake beat hendo

should elleneberger be a favorite over hendo then? hell no

It's weird with Bones, Idk if he just catches these good fighters(Shogun, Rampage) on off nights or if he's just that damn good. I felt bad for Rampage by the end :(

Rashad>Forrest>Shogun>Machida>Rashad

Wanderlei>Rampage>Chuck>Tito>Wanderlei

I have proof that Brandon Vera is better than Fedor!
Vera>Mir>Nog>Werdum>Fedor

So fool proof that it must be true!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"