Official UFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find the Ultimate fighter thread, so I will make an official UFC thread for everything UFC and such.

Is anyone gonna watch Shamrock/Ortiz 3 tonight?

:cool:

Looks like Mike Brown avoided the latest UFC cuts. He got lucky. If he loses again I think he would get cut.

I'm a big fan of Mike Brown but unfortunately he has not been the same since he lost to Aldo. It is almost like Aldo stole his fighting spirit.

I'm hearing that DREAM and K-1 are about to go under in Japan.

Someone should change the name of this thread. MMA.

Yeah, Mike Brown is lucky. The only reason he isn't being cut is because of the divison he is in. FW is already a shallow divison. If he was a LW, he would've got cut, guaranteed.

Yeah shouldn't this be renamed the MMA thread?

Anyway, Strikeforce looks to have a pretty good card tonight.

Jacare! Jacare! Jacare!

Yeah, mods. Rename the thread to the MMA thread.

That was one hell of a fight! Sorry Wandy but Diaz is the new God of Violence!

WAR MF'n Diaz!!!

**** Nick Diaz! He's full of **** by saying he'll fight anybody. He ducks Mayhem while calling ou GSP and Anderson in fights he know won't happen. I hate guys like that. "Yeah man I'll fight anybody. I'd take on GSP man. I would beat him." Yeah, but why won't you fight Mayhem who has been calling you out like crazy and is in the same damn company you are in?

I can't get Strikeforce events in the UK so I've only seen the Diaz/Cyborg Main Event on Youtube.

Cyborg absolutely kicked the **** out of Diaz, Diaz probably landed more strikes, but in comparison Cyborg did far more damage for the simple fact that he threw everything with conviction. Some of the leg kicks he landed were savage, Diaz won't be able to walk in the morning. Nice submission win though, but it looked very soft.. especally when you consider Cyborg's a black belt in BJJ.. he'll be disappointed he gave that submission up so easily.

**** Nick Diaz! He's full of **** by saying he'll fight anybody. He ducks Mayhem while calling ou GSP and Anderson in fights he know won't happen. I hate guys like that. "Yeah man I'll fight anybody. I'd take on GSP man. I would beat him." Yeah, but why won't you fight Mayhem who has been calling you out like crazy and is in the same damn company you are in?

:funny:

Nick Diaz cracks me up, winning that Strikeforce WW title has went to his head. He isn't even close to being anywhere near GSP or Anderson Silva's level... not even close. Infact he wouldn't even be able to earn a shot at GSP because he'd have had his ass kicked by several of the UFC WW contenders.

Or alternatively send Koscheck over to Strikeforce for 1 fight to take care of that chump, that would be 1 time that I would gladly support Koscheck & would love to see him beat Diaz down.

Nick Diaz would slaughter Mayhem. And GSP would slaughter Diaz.

I give Diaz 50/50 against Mayhem. Mayhem's got good grappling and he is pretty durable. I can't think of one time he was destroyed by someone because he always hangs in there no matter what. And if he can hang with Shields on the ground without being severely outclassed like most guys he can hang with Nick. Shields' grappling is light years away from Nick's and most people.

The only time Diaz will ever fight Miller is when he has his brother and training partners holding him down. He's been drinking the bong water and believing in his own hype.

Strikeforce puts on some decent shows with fun fights but they are mismatched as hell.

Diaz is good fighter and talent but the guy he beat had a record of 18-13. Cyborg is tough but he's not a world beater or worthy contender.

Diaz is full of **** saying OH I WANT TO FIGHT GSP AND ANDERSON SILVA and then says he fights for Strikeforce and Showtime. He's not a good company man. He's a phony bad boy.

I love both the Diaz brothers and their ****-talking ways, but Nick looked like trash in that fight, with the exception of the finish.

Picks for this weekend?!

Anderson Silva via decision
Forrest Griffin via decision
Jon Jones via TKO
Jake Ellenberger via TKO
Miguel Torres via submission

Should be an all around great card. Hopefully they show Kid Yamamoto's fight. I expect great things from him at BW.

I have Anderson, Rich, Jones, Ellenberger, and Torres. Mighty Mouse is going to spoil Kid's debut. He's the real treat there. Kid was the man a few years ago, but the injuries and age have slowed him up a bit. He's still got talent, but Mighty Mouse is a freaking...mighty mouse man! That guy is awesome.

Yeah, I would've liked to see 'Kid' in the WEC two-three years ago. He's been losing recently, but hopefully he's hungry for the win.

I think Silva destroys Belfort and will weather the early storm. Belfort just doesn't have the mental strength or gas tank to beat Silva.

Franklin beats Griffin.

I'm predicting Bader to make the upset happen against Jones.

I like Mendes over Omigawa.

This is one of the most stacked cards I've ever seen. A huge ton of top 10 and top 15 guys on this card. Awesome. Also Mighty Mouse will beat Kid Yamamoto!

I actually hope Bader wins, I dislike Jones. I just don't see it happening. Jones is better in everything. Hopefully a big left lands for Bader though.

I'm rooting for Belfort all the way.

Also why hasn't this been changed to the MMA thread?

Eh, UFC is the only promotion that matters anyway :p .

FYI everyone, Kid Yamamoto/Demetrious Johnson fight at UFC 126 will be streamed live on Facebook this weekend. This is similar to what they did for the prelims of the Fight Night for The Troops event. Kid Yamamoto is a big name fighter from Japan. Should be interesting to see how he handles fighting in the cage in the US.

Belfort has fought less than 4 minutes in over 24 months......Anderson will destroy him.....

Not sure who to pick in the Franklin/Griffin bout but think Griffin may be a little too strong for Franklin.....

Picking the upset with Bader....and Ellenberger is an up and coming beast at WW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"