Official UFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones by decision like I've believed for weeks. Rampage's durability is one of the best in MMA, and he's got the tools to stay away from Bones' bread and butter, the ground and pound.

If Rampage of old shows up... watch out now.

Rampage (when in-shape) has great cardio. That could prove to be the biggest advantage in Quinton's arsenal.

My mind says Jones, but my heart says Rampage.

Everything leads me to believe Jones should earn an easy decision tonight.

But he hasn't really been hit yet, especially by anyone like Jackson.

Rampage has never been knocked out in the UFC to date, and if he's able to hang around, who knows.

I just think Bones has too much versatility, speed & reach. But I wouldn't be surprised if he gets caught by something big trying some sort of ridiculous move.

If Jones wins it will be by decision. It's easy to out point someone with jones style and the type of judges found in ufc.

If Page wins it will be by TKO before the third, that's when his power is still on the board.

should be great.

Everything leads me to believe Jones should earn an easy decision tonight.

But he hasn't really been hit yet, especially by anyone like Jackson.

Rampage has never been knocked out in the UFC to date, and if he's able to hang around, who knows.

I just think Bones has too much versatility, speed & reach. But I wouldn't be surprised if he gets caught by something big trying some sort of ridiculous move.

That's pretty much how I see it. I like them both hate to see either lose but I believe Bones will takes this one by TKO. With these guys wanting to knock each other out 5 rounds sounds too long for this to go to a decision.

Nice win by Boetsch.

Looks like Nick gassed out pretty bad after the first round...

Tony Ferguson looked pretty good here...sucks for Riley. Talk about a glass jaw.. :p

Dammit, I really want to see some of the fights on the card tonight, but my buddy can't make it and I don't want to foot the $55 myself. Argh.

Can't stay up anymore just to tired from watching dream but it was worth it best event this week. Have to watch ufc tomorrow, enjoy the show.

After looking at this, I think Rashad might be the first fighter to get Jones in trouble, but I don't think Evans has the right tools per se to finish and beat Jones. Evans is faster and more dynamic than Rampage, but Jones' reach and kicks are going to neutralize Evans' wrestling significantly...

Good card tonight, Nate Diaz's submission win over Gomi was superb, Koscheck beat what looked like a lacklustre Hughes I thought.. I read talk about him pre-event on whether his heart was still in it anymore, it didn't look like it to me. The old Hughes of old that imposed himself on guys just doesn't seem to be there anymore.. I'd rather see him retire than go the way of Chuck Liddell & get KO'd a handful of times in succession before he hangs them up.

Jones put on another good display. Followed the Forest Griffin blueprint well & threw alot of leg kicks to keep Rampage away from him & to slow him down. It worked a treat, especally that front knee kick that he landed several times. Rampage really needed to throw a few more leg kicks himself, or fient leg kicks like Dan Henderson does to set up his hands..

Beating this Rampage & actually stopping him is a far more impressive victory than the Shogun one I personally feel. Shogun was coming off a long lay off & didn't look himself at all.

Roll on Jones vs Evans. :up:

I think Shogun @150% still wouldn't be able to deal w/Jones. He's too new school :)
I think Bones is gonna stretch him.
Rampage was right. Bones did choke(him)
Yup Yup. Jones is the man. Deal w/it, people.

Last edited:
Jon Jones is the man. It's hilarious how his haters are trying to rationalize it by saying he didn't "really" engage with Rampage. Man people at BWW were going crazy. lol

He submitted Rampage so I mean there you go. I think he's going to crush Evans.

I think Shogun @150% still wouldn't be able to deal w/Jones. He's too new school :)

It's debatable but it's clear as day to see that the Shogun that fought Machida twice & the Shogun that fought Griffin was far different to the one that fought Jones. He looked gassed in the middle of the first round against Jones.

I'm really looking forward to Evans/Jones, Evans seemed reborn against Ortiz & Jones is starting to dig his feet into the ground for a long stint as champion. They should bring Primetime back for the build up.

Evans is listed at 5'11, I don't see how he can get passed Jones's jab and front kicks. Machida killed Evans, and I'm pretty sure Jones is better than Machida.

Props to jones.

I think his body type and his skill in using his reach(unlike rumble) will keep him at the constant advantage. He can toss strikes all day while never once worrying about counter punches(especially of the hooking nature). Plus his submission attempts are hard to counter because of his long limbs.
Anyone that thinks page got a worse beating then Shogun is fooling themselves. Page is the one fight outside of Bonnar that Jones hasn't walked threw, moreover page really learned bones' timing and defended almost all the take downs. His granite jaw probably saved him from the second round onward. He even threw bones off of a full mount(very impressive).

If he could have only got inside that range he could have brought the fight to jones(something I've yet to see happen). And I thought Page was fearless in that regard but I think the leg kicks had him on the defensive a la Forrest. Page has great wrestling but he only uses it defensively, I think he should have switched him game up in the 3rd round and got jones on the ground while he still had the stamina/strength advantage. Straight page boxing just wouldn't work if he was going to stay on the outside.

Moving on to Rashad. I think should be interesting considering all the inside knowledge. Plus Bones and Shad act like total babies around each other. Shad will bring something dynamic and bones will finally have to fight someone else's fight. Shad can stand and shoot better than most. Trouble is Shad has a terrible chin.

I'm disappointed but it would have been worse if I didn't like Jones as much as I do. I'm glad he fought Page(unlike Rashad). And if Page says he's the real deal that's good enough for me.

Jon Jones is the man. It's hilarious how his haters are trying to rationalize it by saying he didn't "really" engage with Rampage. Man people at BWW were going crazy. lol

Didn't see anything impressive from Jones. This only proves my point further that Jon's striking is primitive and his wrestling can be neutralized.

Call it hating, but I don't see how he's going to retain his title against a fighter like Machida (elite level cardio, TDD, and striking). Tonight gave me alot of confidence that Jones' title reign could be coming to end faster than I predicted.

Let's face Rampage's killer instinct is gone, he never truly had a chance. He stuffed and halted 75% of Jones' takedowns and saw Jon's flashy strikes (like his spinning elbow) coming but that's all he had going for him.

Last edited:
^thank you i saw tonight was jon jones is human he was good not great

rampage stuffed pretty much all of his takedowns and even escaped from the mount and this is suppose to be an over the hill fighter to some

rampage really was'nt hurt at all during this fight he was never rocked at all only time he was hurt is when jones kicked his knee

he was still outclassed but i am just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back