Sequels X-Men 5 Roster

The movie doesnt need Xavier, Beast, Quicksilver, or Mystique

There 4 out, 4 in. If we're being hypothetical.

Xavier's always going to be there in some form. I can't see how they'd suddenly write out Beast either. And the powers-that-be will insist on Quicksilver.

They'll probably also want Mystique and Magneto, but i think the next film could do without either of those.

I still want screentime focused on the others I mentioned though, or they will forever be non-entities that we know nothing about.

Save Rogue, Iceman, Kitty for way down the line.

Iceman and Kitty were absent from the 90s cartoon, and it was still a good line-up.

Iceman and Kitty were absent from the 90s cartoon, and it was still a good line-up.

Iceman was left off because they wanted a minority youth (Jubilee). That will never be the case in FoX movies.

Kitty was left out because of ****** 80's X-MEN cartoon. Seems familiar to ****** 80s movie situation

Kelsey was a brilliant Beast - far better than Nicholas Hoult - but i don't need to see Rogue, Kitty and Iceman again for a long time. They had their moments. I know we got Colossus again in Deadpool, but he didn't *need* to be there really.

And if they are going to re-attempt the Dark Phoenix Saga, then they can't really do that with the original cast fighting Jean all over again. It has to be the new young cast. There's nothing wrong with the young, new actors playing Storm, Nightcrawler, Cyclops and Jean.

I'd like to see Kelsey's Beast again though. Maybe he can have a role in X-Force or Gambit or a Deadpool movie?

There's even Dark Beast. And also when older Beast brought the young X-Men into the present day. But I don't think they'll go down those routes.

Or maybe somehow we could see Halle's future Storm or Kelsey's future Beast reflecting back on the past in some sort of Xavier-style narration in a future film?

I don't even want to see a rehash of the dark Phoenix saga. All this weneed to set it up in the past just limits the X-Men. Then you have Erik, Raven and Peter taking the spotlight. Anyway, the X-Men in the present feels more X-Men than the one in the past.

Iceman was left off because they wanted a minority youth (Jubilee). That will never be the case in FoX movies.

Kitty was left out because of ****** 80's X-MEN cartoon. Seems familiar to ****** 80s movie situation

They were using current X-Men and costumes which didn't include Kitty

They were using current X-Men and costumes which didn't include Kitty

No.

I suggest listening to Eric Lewald (Showrunner) interviews he broke down exactly why each X-Man was included.

Kitty was left out because of Pryde of the X-MEN. And because Jubilee was a minority and they needed more than token Storm. Jean Grey got Psylocke spot because she was Cyclops girlfriend but they didn't want to use her that's why she barely did anything season 1. Marvel didn't want Beast in that's why he's arrested in episode 2.

Eric wanted to kill Thunderbird but got stopped because they didn't want the only male minority dieing so switched to Morph. Very interesting interviews

They almost didn't use Jim Lee's costumes because Marvel was mad he was leaving for Image. So they designed ugly alternatives so Marvel wouldn't make them change

Last edited:
Man, I would have preferred Thunderbird on the show than freaking Morph. While they should have usedPsylocke more even if just for a couple of episodes.

No.

I suggest listening to Eric Lewald (Showrunner) interviews he broke down exactly why each X-Man was included.

Kitty was left out because of Pryde of the X-MEN. And because Jubilee was a minority and they needed more than token Storm. Jean Grey got Psylocke spot because she was Cyclops girlfriend but they didn't want to use her that's why she barely did anything season 1. Marvel didn't want Beast in that's why he's arrested in episode 2.

Eric wanted to kill Thunderbird but got stopped because they didn't want the only male minority dieing so switched to Morph. Very interesting interviews

They almost didn't use Jim Lee's costumes because Marvel was mad he was leaving for Image. So they designed ugly alternatives so Marvel wouldn't make them change

I might have to look for this video. Except for the whole Kitty situation from Pryde of the X-men, I didn't know the rest of this.

I might have to look for this video. Except for the whole Kitty situation from Pryde of the X-men, I didn't know the rest of this.

You see, originally I wanted to have Thunderbird be the pilot and have him die as in the comic book. This would make a contract with the audience that someone could die in the show. Now, as it turned out, during our production of the first episode, Marvel did a story in their short-lived ‘Super-Pro’ comic with a villain using a Native American symbol for evil, which created all sorts of public relations problems for Marvel. The network and Marvel were afraid that showing a Native American dying on the pilot might cause similar problems for the series.

With that in mind, Eric Lewald and I created Morph, with the idea to make Morph the “designated die-er”. Of course standards and practices didn’t want him “dead-dead”. So we made the deal that the death wouldn’t be shown in a manner that prevented us from bringing him back later. And then, much to our surprise, Morph broke out as a character! Kids loved him."

Its funny Morph was second most popular after Wolverine because he was Logan's buddy. They got thousands of letters asking for him to be back on the show which pissed Lewald off because Fox gave him so much crap over the character.

Stan Lee was a big problem too because he insisted on talking over the intro instead of the intro we got but Eric got final say over him eventually.

Therealmcast interview was 3 hours but the podcast ended so can't listen to the old episodes anymore unfortunately. It was really good even talked about how fox asked for advice on X1 script and how they thought it was rubbish and wanted joss whedon script instead but fox didn't listen

Here's another 3hour interview though

[Yt]mvLR3d5WFrw[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Here's another 3hour interview though

giphy.gif

j/k I'll bookmark it.

giphy.gif

j/k I'll bookmark it.

The book is finally done! Coming to Amazon this summer. They said they are looking for fan testimonials now

x-men_1_27_revised_flat-ver_b.jpg

The book is NEARLY DONE! Our publisher will get the manuscript from me in a couple of weeks, editing will begin, and we plan to have it out this summer. Please let me know what you think of Will Meugniot’s first mock-up of a design for the cover (below). I’m sure it will evolve. One last favor: I have a chapter called “Testimonials,” where fans write, in about a page or so (no set length), about what watching X-MEN:TAS meant to them. There is still room for a few more in the book, but I will need them quickly. (You can send them as document files to [email protected]. We’d really appreciate it.) When the book comes out, it will be available on Amazon and at bookstores. But it you buy it from the publisher directly (Jacobsbrownmediagroup.com), or from my table at a Con, you will be sure to get an autographed copy. Also, I am assured that the publisher’s website will be set up to accept pre-sale orders (not sure when yet) before the actual date of publication.

Last edited:
Cool might have to pick that up. One thing's for sure, they have to redo that cover. Wth is that? :D

One thing's for sure, they have to redo that cover. Wth is that? :D

Probably a Marvel thing the DVD covers for TAS always looked low budget too. Keep it away from copyright hit or something idk.

Don't judge a book by it's cover etc etc

Just glad they interviewed the entire writers & cast for stories.

I remember Marvel being pissed at Eric for minimal Magneto in season 1 but they didn't realize Sentinel's make better TV enemies. So many nuggets I'm waiting to read about

Last edited:
Xavier's always going to be there in some form. I can't see how they'd suddenly write out Beast either. And the powers-that-be will insist on Quicksilver.

Thing is Beast is just there for the sakeof being there, probably just to accompany Xavier but not actually to serve a real purpose. Still weird that X3 Beast is the best film of Beast in these movies.

Hoult is just a miscast and seems to be only doing whatever role he is given as Beast but not actually putting his own stamp as Beast. Awful casting.

Thing is Beast is just there for the sakeof being there, probably just to accompany Xavier but not actually to serve a real purpose. Still weird that X3 Beast is the best film of Beast in these movies.

Hoult is just a miscast and seems to be only doing whatever role he is given as Beast but not actually putting his own stamp as Beast. Awful casting.

I agree. Whereas Kelsey Grammar actually FELT like Beast... and was one of the best casting decisions I've seen in a superhero film... Hoult doesn't seem to embody the character.

I actually wish the selection process was more rigid for the X-Films... I would say that Wolverine, Mystique (Romijn-Stamos,) Beast X3, Xavier (Patrick Stewart,) Deadpool solo movie,) Nightcrawler (both X2 and Apocalypse,) Jubilee (Lana Condor,) and Psylocke (Olivia Munn,) have all felt like the characters in my opinion.

Jubilee and Psylocke I added to that list since Lana Condor is practically the embodiment of Jubilee... and Munn has such a passion for the character, is a black belt, and knows the history of the character better than the writers.

Olivia Munn had all the dedication in this world as Psylocke but too bad, had zero importance in the movie. Psylocke's role in the film was the biggest disappointment for me. And to think people wanting her to stand out like how Quicksilver stood out in Dofp and ended up as decoration is just a mess. An a lister X-Men wasted as a silent henchmen and was older than probably all of theX-Men in the film minus Xavier. Ugh. Epic fail.

And yeah bring back Kelsey Grammer!

^ I second this. I was so excited to see her action scenes and some Japanese-speaking. But hey, she's already had more action than Rogue : /

^ I second this. I was so excited to see her action scenes and some Japanese-speaking. But hey, she's already had more action than Rogue : /

That's probably because Rogue wasn't written to be a silent henchman of an antagonist.

Anyway, some of these writers don't know how to service certain characters. If it was me, I would rather not see Psylocke in the film if she's just Death strike 2.0. I would replace her with someone less important from the comics.

That's probably because Rogue wasn't written to be a silent henchman of an antagonist.

Anyway, some of these writers don't know how to service certain characters. If it was me, I would rather not see Psylocke in the film if she's just Death strike 2.0. I would replace her with someone less important from the comics.

Should have used the classic Horsemen.

I just realized this movie would pretty much have 6 out of the 9 X-Men (if you include Xavier) of TAS.

Too bad Jubilee is no guarantee in the next film.

That's probably because Rogue wasn't written to be a silent henchman or an antagonist.

she should have grown into a central character, which guarantees some action. she should have also been antagonist at some point in her storyline too. At the start, she wasn't part of the X-Men, but part of the Magneto's Brotherhood and also was involved with Magneto romantically at some point... There is so much they could still do with her on screen.

she should have grown into a central character, which guarantees some action. she should have also been antagonist at some point in her storyline too. At the start, she wasn't part of the X-Men, but part of the Magneto's Brotherhood and also was involved with Magneto romantically at some point... There is so much they could still do with her on screen.

2005 script review of X3 had her attending brotherhood meetings. I think Logan took over her role when Paquin wasn't available for a long shoot. It was silly for Logan to find out their location telepathically and then go alone looking for Jean, only returning to the mansion asking the team for help.

Rogue was supposed to be a X-Man at the start of X1 and correct me if I'm wrong but she was supposed to save Logan from Magneto's machine. But Singer changed it up.

Rogue was supposed to be a X-Man at the start of X1 and correct me if I'm wrong but she was supposed to save Logan from Magneto's machine. But Singer changed it up.

Yup! Read the movie novelization! Rogue is the hero in the novel and saves Logan by absorbing Mystique's power and getting close to Magneto. It's like an alternate version, also the same for X2 and X3 novelizations. Loved it!

you both wrong.the novelation plays similar to film with regards to gue.

in earlier script rogue wasn't introduced till nearly half way into film.it's true wolverine was taken prisoner by brotherhood.he was one they put in machine to power it.

giphy.gif

j/k I'll bookmark it.

Here's a brand new interview from X-MEN TAS creators

X-MEN TAS Behind the scenes interview

Hits on Morph being second be most popular character

Replacing Xavier, Storm, Cyclops, Jean with Psylocke, Bishop, Angel, Shard on the roster

X-Men TAS is the reason for Marvel starting in movies

Consulting on first X-MEN movie and wanting to write the script

How X-MEN 1 script didn't feel like X-MEN

Singer watched his show and didn't read comics

How the movies don't handle the women well

Reading whedon script and thinking it was wonderful

Etc etc

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"