Comics Official WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN Discussion Thread

that image was already posted 2 posts above yours

she's not in the ground though....she's in the White Hot Room. Im waiting for Marvel to go back to that story which has been left as a dangling plot line
I know that, and I kind of left it alone because as far as the current arc(s) are concerned, she's dead. Still I'd rather see her return as a Cosmic or Guardian of the Gallaxy. As far as they've progressed the X-Men story, whether you like it or not, bringing her back as a full-time character would, imo, be completely unnecessary.

ohh..so all the kids..aside from most of Hope's squad, are gonna side with the mass murder who even to this day leads a secret murder club..of course, it's secret so they don't know..but still..

ohh..so all the kids..aside from most of Hope's squad, are gonna side with the mass murder who even to this day leads a secret murder club..of course, it's secret so they don't know..but still..
I would think they would stay with Cyclops since its not like they are necesarily against killing. Surge was pretty blood thirsty in Messiah Complex and her teammates joined her to take down the Purifiers. Several of them have made comments about not caring about killing those involved in the bus explosion. It'll be interesting to see what Logan offers them. Just bc he is reopening the school doesnt mean all of them will be following him. Kids like Surge, Anole, Rockslide for example I see sticking with Scott, whereas Prodigy, Blindfold and Pixie might defect to Logan

^^ its more like a now reforming professional killer v. an unrepentant, isolationist, god complex havin, wife cheatin, thinks-he's-better-than-captain-america *****ebag

I would think they would stay with Cyclops since its not like they are necesarily against killing. Surge was pretty blood thirsty in Messiah Complex and her teammates joined her to take down the Purifiers. Several of them have made comments about not caring about killing those involved in the bus explosion. It'll be interesting to see what Logan offers them. Just bc he is reopening the school doesnt mean all of them will be following him. Kids like Surge, Anole, Rockslide for example I see sticking with Scott, whereas Prodigy, Blindfold and Pixie might defect to Logan
id just like to see a chance for some of the New X-Men/Academy-X kids to finally graduate to full X-Men status. weve seen them as support or in the back lines of a fight but i want to start seeing the kids who believe in the fight (whether its Scott's side or Logan's side) to be integrated as members of the main team. i feel many of them have proven their worth as 'X-Men' and not just that ambiguous title Cyclops gave the whole damn island after the Utopia crossover.

Still I'd rather see her return as a Cosmic or Guardian of the Gallaxy.
Most Jean fans myself included wouldn't mind that. It would be good to see her off on her own for awhile and for writers not to be afraid to use her cosmic powers esp a female.

Hopefully they actually do the different teams in different books. No crossover for the first few arcs.

Most Jean fans myself included wouldn't mind that. It would be good to see her off on her own for awhile and for writers not to be afraid to use her cosmic powers esp a female.
agreed. i have no problem with the Phoenix Force, she just doesn't mix well with the X-Men.

id just like to see a chance for some of the New X-Men/Academy-X kids to finally graduate to full X-Men status. weve seen them as support or in the back lines of a fight but i want to start seeing the kids who believe in the fight (whether its Scott's side or Logan's side) to be integrated as members of the main team. i feel many of them have proven their worth as 'X-Men' and not just that ambiguous title Cyclops gave the whole damn island after the Utopia crossover.
They all became full X-men in Manifest Destiny. Its why they've appearing on various X-men squads since as opposed to being kept limited to the classroom as they were in New X-men. They are all X-men and are utilized as such. They arent just support. The New X-men primarily made up the squad used in X-Infernus and Hellbound. They've been getting much more love over in Legacy, fighting alongside Rogue and various other senior members. Armor and Pixie have both been used alot between Astonishing and Uncanny respectively. Theres no need for them to "graduate" to X-men status bc they are already there. Scott made it so when he abolished the school and gave them a push forward

Last edited:
I'd like to see Jean as a cosmic character. I think she is too big for any team though. I also can't see her paired with another romantic interest, cosmic or otherwise..and to be frank, she doesn't need one. Let her establish herself without being tied down to some man.

I don't know why, but I could just never get into any of the cosmic stuff...my preference would be for her to stay with the x-men, though it would be nice to see it acknowledged that she's as powerful as Galactus/Surfer/Asgardians etc

I don't know why, but I could just never get into any of the cosmic stuff...my preference would be for her to stay with the x-men, though it would be nice to see it acknowledged that she's as powerful as Galactus/Surfer/Asgardians etc
Ditto. I have no interest in Marvel's cosmic line. I want her with the X-men but if not there then the only other place would be the Avengers. She's a heavy hitter and I think would make a good fit for the Secret Avengers

As previously teased — first at Fan Expo in Toronto back in August, and then again earlier this month — DMZ and Northlanders writer Brian Wood is back at Marvel, and his first project is Wolverine & the X-Men: Alpha & Omega, a five-issue miniseries with art from Mark Brooks and Roland Boschi announced during Marvel's "X-Men: Regenesis" panel Sunday afternoon at New York Comic Con. It stars Wolverine and Kid Omega, Quentin Quire — who was recently taken from Utopia in chains by Logan — in a clash for dominance of the newly formed Jean Grey School for Higher Learning. Newsarama has the first interview with Wood on the series.

Newsarama: Brian, let's just start with the obvious — after more than a decade away from Marvel, a time period that has clearly been greatly significant for your career, what are you looking forward to exploring at the publisher?

Brian Wood: Really, I am just looking for a home to work on some company-owned superhero books, something there is very little of in my 15-year resume of writing comics. I’m still pretty much a creator-owned guy — that won’t change — but it's good to stay moving and to take on new challenges and find new audiences. Marvel was willing to give me that opportunity.

Nrama: As you note, you don't have a ton of experience with mainstream superheroes. You've said in past interviews that it's not a matter of you being unwilling to write superheroes, it's more that the right opportunities haven't materialized — so, at this point in your career, is it exciting to not only be writing a superhero book, but one starring one of the most iconic comic book superheroes out there in Wolverine?

Wood: Absolutely... Wolverine is a household name now (I think?) as is the X-Men, and it's something that, like so many of us, I felt an emotional connection to on a conceptual level. And yeah, I’ve always felt open to writing superheroes, but I’m not that conventional with the material, and my pitches have, more often than not, fallen on uninterested ears.

But going back about 12 years, I did a year on Generation X, I did 18 issues of Demo, which is very unconventional superheroes but I think still qualifies in that basic, conceptual way. There’s DV8 more recently. So its been just a few things but I’ve never been that adverse to it.

Nrama: Of course, that said, Wolverine isn't really a conventional superhero much as you're not a conventional superhero writer, so is it reasonable to assume that this will be definitely a different type of superhero book? Is there anything from your past work you might compare it to?

Wood: I don’t know what to compare it to. I think it’ll feel and read very “Brian Wood” but its not that similar to past stories I’ve written. And yeah, the fact this miniseries is kind of off to the side of the main book means I can make it’s a little different and a little weird.

Nrama: How closely have you kept up with Marvel books over the years? Going into this project, did you have to do a good amount of catch-up, or were you pretty well-versed with the current Marvel Universe status quo?

Wood: It’s difficult to keep up with such a dynamic and evolving story, and I tend to follow creators more than titles. That said, I’d be reading Jason Aaron anyway so doing that research was easy, and my editor pointed in the right direction as far as past Quentin appearances and other issues she felt were relevant. Coming in with this story right at the start of a major change on the X-Men titles actually helps me quite a bit, since its something like a launching pad.

In addition, I’ve done a fair amount of video game writing in the past where it’s the same sort of situation, having to get up to speed really quickly on something that's at least partially unfamiliar and basically start delivering work right away that looks like you’ve been in the loop for years. It’s not easy, but at least its a familiar process.

Nrama: A lot of major developments are unfolding in the X-Men books as of late, with Schism leading to Regenesis and Cyclops and Wolverine heading up their own respective camps. What was it about the current X-Men environment that made you want to get involved?

Wood: None of that. Haha! Seriously, I was ready to get involved in the X-Men office regardless of the current storylines. My basic approach to Axel, earlier this year, was: I’m ready! What can I do?

Nrama: Kid Omega is the other half of the just-released teaser, and a produce of Grant Morrison's beloved New X-Men run. What do you like about Quentin Quire?

Wood: He’s a young guy with too much power and a load of attitude that’s probably hiding some deep-seated pain and/or insecurity. That right there is like catnip to a writer. It practically writes itself. And Quentin is such a great character, the kind you love to hate... and just plain love in the end.

Jason Aaron wrote some great notes for the guy, which I’m taking with and running, really using this opportunity to flesh him out in ways that haven’t been seen yet. This should change him forever, and certainly change the nature of the relationship he has with Logan.

Nrama: It looks like Wolverine and Kid Omega are, not so surprisingly, on opposite sides for your story. How would you characterize their dynamic?

Wood: Contentious. Very much the rebel-v-authority dynamic, but Quentin, for all his youth and inexperience, has some pretty significant advantages over Logan, so how long until that becomes a serious issue? Answer: not long!

Nrama: Mark Brooks and Roland Boschi, two artists with very different styles, are on art for the book. How are both of their unique strengths being utilized?

Wood: Well, not to give too much away, but this story flips from one specific setting to another, back and forth, and so the art is being handled that way, since the differences between the two settings is like night and day. It’s all in service of the story. And the art I’m seeing is fantastic.

WOLVXMENOMEGA001cov_02.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/brian-wood-wolverine-x-men-omega-111016.html

WOLVXMEN2011004cov.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #4
JASON AARON (W) • NICK BRADSHAW (A/C)
• Two new students join the school. Who could it be?
• The future comes back to haunt the school.
• And who is PREGNANT?!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

WOLVXMENOMEGA001_cov.jpg

WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN ALPHA & OMEGA #1 (OF 5)
BRIAN WOOD (W) • MARK BROOKS & ROLAND BOSCHI (A)
COVER BY MARK BROOKS
• DEBUT ISSUE BY BEST-SELLING AUTHOR BRIAN WOOD (DMZ, Demo, DV8, Northlanders)
• It’s Wolverine versus Kid Omega for dominance of the Jean Grey School.
• Wolverine will discover that the hardest prison to escape can be his own mind.
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

prv10164_cov.jpg

prv10164_pg1.jpg

prv10164_pg2.jpg

prv10164_pg3.jpg

prv10164_pg4.jpg

prv10164_pg5.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #1
Written by JASON AARON
Pencils & Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
Regenesis Gold Variant by NICK BRADSHAW
Variant Cover by FRANK CHO
Blank Variant Cover also available
Spinning directly out of X-MEN: SCHISM, the X-Men are split in two. In the oversized debut issue of the new ongoing flagship X-series, Wolverine takes one half of the X-Men back to Westchester to start over again. But the new Hellfire Club outlast its first day ? Join Marvel Architect Jason Aaron (X-MEN: SCHISM, WOLVERINE) and legendary X-Artist Chris Bachalo (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, GENERATION X) for a brand new action-packed take on the X-Men that will set a new standard for the Children of the Atom.
48 PGS./Rated T+ ...$4.99

Great first issue. I love it. I feel like it's going to be a great book. They have an interesting cast of characters and the classes and clubs in the back made me laugh my ass off.

prv10509_cov.jpg

prv10509_pg1.jpg

prv10509_pg2.jpg

prv10509_pg3.jpg

prv10509_pg4.jpg

prv10509_pg5.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #2
Written by JASON AARON
Cover and Pencils by CHRIS BACHALO
Marvel Comics 50th Anniversary
Variant by ED McGUINNESS
X-MEN REGENSIS
Wolverine and his X-Men have very little chance of surviving the new Hellfire Club. And that’s without another classic villain (the villain of the most important X-Story ever) returning!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"