Comics Official ALL-NEW X-MEN Discussion Thread

Bendis is a genius. I never cared much for Iceman as an X-men member but now I'm a fan. But im confused in the last issue are Charles Xavier II and Raze brothers? Meaning both Charles senior and Wolverine banged Mystique? Filthy lol.

Either I just had a stroke, or I must be in some alternate, House-of-M-like reality
a world where Brian Michael Bendis learned to share his toys, and therefore as a writer, to not crap all over established stories

'Genius', like 'epic' or 'tragic', should not be thrown around so loosely
lol

I have a feeling the who baby Charles was a result of Raven taking his DNA when he died. Her way of preserving his dream.

I have a feeling the who baby Charles was a result of Raven taking his DNA when he died. Her way of preserving his dream.

Mystique gave birth to the kid a year ago in the MU which means she conceived a little less than 2. Xavier was alive

Danm that's right I forgot about that. Back to the image of Raven and Charles at it lol.

maybe not exactly. Im hoping for a Bendis twist here. Maybe Mystique isn't Charles' mother? Maybe she only served as a surrogate for Xavier and some mystery woman. That would save this mess for me. But it begs the question, when did she have time to be pregnant? Was there a large chunk of time she wasn't in the books? It feels as if she's been active for years

Wasn't there a long while she was absent before Bendis's run? When did we see her between Utopia and this run?

ANXMEN2012031-COV-col-48eba.jpg

ALL-NEW X-MEN #31
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • MAHMUD ASRAR (A)
Cover by STUART IMMONEN
AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. VARIANT BY MIKE DEL MUNDO
• ICEMAN UNLEASHED! Young Bobby Drake takes to the offensive!
• For someone who's said she doesn't find him particularly pleasant to be around, Laura seems to have taken an odd interest in Warren.
32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

Is this comic good for new readers? I heard its a good place for new readers to start because although there's a lot of background, readers learn as the younger versions of the original 5 learn. Is this accurate or will it just be confusing?

No, I'd say that's accurate. There quite a bit call backs to X-Men history in the beginning of the run but they don't hurt your enjoyment if you don't catch them.

Yeah this series is very reader friendly. You don't really have to follow any of the other books to get it either. Uncanny acts as a supplement, but its not necessary. For the most part not a whole lot of history is needed bc the main cast has been treated almost like new characters

Mystique's body count (sexual conquests):

Destiny
Forge
Sabretooth
Iceman
Gambit (maybe)
Wolverine
Xavier

Children:
Grayden Creed
Charles Xavier Jr.
Raze
Nightcrawler
that Trevor kid (from later 90s X-Factor that has similar powers to Franklin Richards)
Rogue (adopted)

am I forgetting anyone?

Last edited:
Was she and Gambit ever confirmed? I don't think they did it. Xavier hasn't been confirmed

I didn't think it was confirmed with Gambit either. She made a pass (as Foxx) and he declined.

It's his word against Mystique's/Foxx's. I like to think Gambit is honorable enough and respected Rogue enough that he denied her.

ANXMEN2012032-cov-eacb7.jpg

ALL-NEW X-MEN #32
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • MAHMUD ASRAR (A)
Cover by SARA PICHELLI
• Dimension-hopping is something of an X-Men rite of passage and it’s about time the All-New X-Men took the plunge!
• I guess you don’t always have to travel Miles away to visit a new place…
• But will the web they find themselves tangled in Ultimately bring about their end?
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Liking this book more and more. I actually like this new ability Jean has.

Are they moving Asrar from Wolverine and the X-Men this title, or is he gonna be bouncing between both titles every other arc?

I found this Batman reference funny/cool in issue #28
OcAE18f.jpg

Last edited:
what is jean's new ability? and um...Raze...he isn't gonna be 616 is he?

Jean draws on the mental energies of the people around her, which allows her to combine her telekinesis and telepathy into one ability. When she uses her new power she becomes all pink energy. It's strong and how they were able to defeat the Imperial Guard.

The future BOTA characters are just confusing.

ahh. thanks! what does combined telekinesis and telepathy even do?

From what I understand, it's a process where she draws on the psychic energy of everyone around her using telepathy, which she channels into stronger telekinesis. So far it's allowed her to manifest herself as pure psychic energy, stronger psychic blasts, and stronger telepathy.

Within the story, it might be the thing that prevents Jean from losing control of her powers a la Phoenix or Jean-Xorn (an evil version of Jean from the future who wore the Xorn mask to control her powers).

Last edited:
ahhh. so with them developing teen jean to be able to do all this..my bet is she stays in the present and an alternate timeline gets created.

ahhh. so with them developing teen jean to be able to do all this..my bet is she stays in the present and an alternate timeline gets created.

Im pretty sure an alternate timeline already has been created. They've been around far too long for the time stream not to have been affected. The fact that they couldn't simply be set back in BoTA, suggests there's been some type of alteration

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"