Official Wolverine And The X-men, "Hindsight 1-3" Discussion Thread

I'm suprised thay're getting away with so much cleavage, especially domino

im not liking the tom green looking forge, i dont know why

Well the show wasn't produced specifically by a kiddie Network. More like Marvel and First Serv Toonz seemed to produce the show for the 6-14 demographic. But since the networks didn't produce it, I imagine that's why the show is so high quality and includes some rather more mature types of content.

I'm guessing though that Nicktoons standards and practices could have cleavage airbrushed or toned down if they want.

Cartoon Network did make changes to shows like Blue Dragon and Naruto.

I think X-Men Evolution's finest attributes was that it grounded the X-Men in a very plausible, relatable universe. This made it much easier for me to get into because I never really watched the old cartoon or read comics back then. But I saw the movie and enjoyed the premise. The first season had it's problems but it set everything up very nicely.

This show kind of does the opposite. It thrusts it's viewers into a world they're at least semi-familiar with (largely thanks to Evo and the movies) and dives right into time travel and sentinels and whatnot. Incidentally, I thought Evo's sentinel was better in every way. EsPecially the way it was set up. Anyway, this gung-ho approach takes advantage of the X-Men's standing in popular culture and take our understanding of the characters to a whole 'nother level. One we had in the early 90s that sort of sPread itself too thin between alot of sci-fi themes that made the show's univers a bit too unrelatable. For me, anyway.

Leave out the flying sPace whales, and it should do alright.

I agree that I liked how X-MEN EVOLUTION tried to keep things as "grounded" as possible. They only had one episode dealing with an alternate reality in Season One (and it was very simple), alter-dimensional monsters once in Season Two, and only touched the surface on time travel with Apocalypse (which alone felt awkward compared to the rest). I have to admit I didn't miss the far out alternate timeline stories or the space aliens. Some people said that Evolution took a while to dive into the central themes because mutants were kept a secret until the end of Season Two, more than halfway through the episode run. I agree in way, but I thought that helped show the shift in tone from trying to live a "normal" life to such a life becoming impossible because of who they were. It was something that hadn't been shown in an X-Men cartoon before.

WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN, much like the first X-MEN cartoon, gets things rolling very quickly will the prejudice themes, a dark tone (recall that Beast was arrested and mortally injured, and Morph seemingly killed, by Episode 2 of the original show, and new mutie Jubilee was hunted down by giant robots no matter where she fled; in the early 90's, this was hardcore). I don't have a major problem with that approach really; just because how EVOLUTION handled it was different, didn't mean it had to be copied exactly.

That said, I didn't miss distractions like aliens, time travel, and yes, space whales. If W&TXM can balance these elements into the story without having them overshadow things, they can work as fun larks to break up some tension.

I actually wouldn't mind a decent stab at Arcade, with Mark Hamill (who voiced the villain in MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE) at the helm. Hey, a guy can dream, can't he? Maybe he can serve as an eccentric hitman out to kill mutants, a million bucks a head, via his deathtraps and whatnot. I mean, if we can have Mojo, why not him?

The problem with the 90's was excess and taking things to too many extremes and distractions. Style was a priority over substance for comics and many shows. I won't knock the original X-MEN cartoon too much; it set the stage for a proper team cartoon long before Justice League was a twinkle in Bruce Timm's eye. I rewatched it a year or so ago and while a product of it's time, it's aged better than other cartoons of the era. That said, I'm all fine with updated material. At the very least, W&TXM is trying to homage what has been done in the comics after the 90's.

I'm suprised thay're getting away with so much cleavage, especially domino

Emma Frost is rather "busty" herself. I don't mind it. Hey, I've seen much worse. I see anime. Breasts on cartoons don't scare me. ;)

Been out of town for like a week. Can any one send me a link to the ep 3? Thanks!

And I'm sorry if its wrong because they are drawing, but the ladies in this show look totally hot.

Emma Frost, oh man.

"She knows what you're thinking." :D

I'd be so screwed if the girls around me would be telepaths. :(

And I'm sorry if its wrong because they are drawing, but the ladies in this show look totally hot.

Emma Frost, oh man.

Yeah, lol...

1-2.jpg
6.jpg

5.jpg
4.jpg

Last edited:
At first I didn't like Emma design at all, it wasn't as sexy as in the comics.

But now I think it's nice.

wolvies mask matches up perfectly with his mutton chops :rolleyes:

So where the heck is Storm when all of this is happening?

Perhaps still injured from that explosion? Or even in Wakanda or another area of Africa?

I'm sure she'll show up fairly quickly; she's in the opening animation after all. The golden rule of any cartoon show is any character in the opening animation plays an important role in the actual show's main cast. Anyone who isn't, doesn't. Very few cartoons violate this rule, and why would they? The opening sequence is an introduction, and you want to introduce your core stars.

And I have noticed the "boobage" of the character designs. As always, I especially love how Emma Frost can sound so prim and proper while dressed like a prostitute.

Marvel developed the show for the 9-14 year old audience and shopped it around to any network that would take it. Ironically, they had an easier time landing networks in Canada and other countries than here, where U.S. networks are all about importing anime. Nick Toons bit, and here we are. I can more than understand Marvel not wanting to compromise stuff for CW 4kids, or trusting CARTOON NETWORK again.

storm appears in episode 4.(sorry i should not be talking about it!)

the episode is all about her.
shes in Kenya as a goddess to her people,when the shadow king takes over her body.
Emma has a huge battle with him,wins,and storm re-groups the team.
she really shows her powers in episode 4-5!

but hindsight is a great 3-part intro!

Perhaps still injured from that explosion? Or even in Wakanda or another area of Africa?

I'm sure she'll show up fairly quickly; she's in the opening animation after all. The golden rule of any cartoon show is any character in the opening animation plays an important role in the actual show's main cast. Anyone who isn't, doesn't. Very few cartoons violate this rule, and why would they? The opening sequence is an introduction, and you want to introduce your core stars.

And I have noticed the "boobage" of the character designs. As always, I especially love how Emma Frost can sound so prim and proper while dressed like a prostitute.

Marvel developed the show for the 9-14 year old audience and shopped it around to any network that would take it. Ironically, they had an easier time landing networks in Canada and other countries than here, where U.S. networks are all about importing anime. Nick Toons bit, and here we are. I can more than understand Marvel not wanting to compromise stuff for CW 4kids, or trusting CARTOON NETWORK again.
Saying this though storm was in the opening credits for evo and never really played a major part in any of their story lines

and beast was in the opening sequence of the original x-men yet he was out nearly for an entire season when it originally aired.

This cartoon is way better than i expected. So far Rogue's my favorite character. She seemed a little Gambity.

Three eps and no Gambit yet. :(

Dont worry Squeek, youll get what you want in a few episods. :)

I hope so, at least if I can find the links to those, that is. :p

storm appears in episode 4.(sorry i should not be talking about it!)

the episode is all about her.
shes in Kenya as a goddess to her people,when the shadow king takes over her body.
Emma has a huge battle with him,wins,and storm re-groups the team.
she really shows her powers in episode 4-5!

but hindsight is a great 3-part intro!
Yay! Didn't really like the first episode too much, but it's looking better so far. Can;t wait to see episode 4.

Yay! Didn't really like the first episode too much, but it's looking better so far. Can;t wait to see episode 4.

i could pm you the link if you want.the link will have episodes 1-15.

sorry i said that storm shows her powers in ep 5,shes not in that ep.
i meant ep 12,the whole team shows their powers in that ep.
plus jean shows up!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"