Wolverine: The Official Promo Photos Thread

the a1ant

Awesome
Reaction score
Wolverine: The Official Promo Photos Thread
For officially released photos and promos only. Please place set photos here.

Due to discussion, I will link to future pages that feature new photos.

11.27.08: Scans from Empire Magazine (Wolverine, Gambit, Sabretooth, etc) - pgs 19-21

2.27.08: Two new promo photos posted on page six! (Hi-Res)

2.13.08: First promo photo via USA Today (Hi-Res).

(Thanks Narrows)

official2.jpg

Last edited:
The hair is off, the claws are off and its not his body.

Very unimpressive.

-TL

Thomas, it's called a promotional photo.

It's barely started shooting, so there are no photos of actual scenes from the film yet. It's just a little teaser to let us know the film is in the works.

And it's a bloody good one. :wow: :woot:

I know its promotional Danoyse, but if they really wanted to tease us they woulda just taken a real picture of Hugh in a wife beater with the prop claws - which as a producer he has total access to even before principal photography. Not this thing they've decided to use for hype.

I'm more impressed with the boat pics.

-TL

Very unimpressive.

-TL

The hair is different, although I can't tell how different due to the perspective of the photo. I'm just glad Jackman ditched the goofy wig from The Last Stand.

The claws? They look longer... so what?

As for the body, it's photoshopped, but I'm willing to bet it's Jackman's.

The only issue I have with the photo is that it's a bit glitzy for my taste... Oh well. As danoyse said, it's a promotional photo. It's not a big deal.

I know its promotional Danoyse, but if they really wanted to tease us they woulda just taken a real picture of Hugh in a wife beater with the prop claws - which as a producer he has total access to even before principal photography. Not this thing they've decided to use for hype.

I'm more impressed with the boat pics.

-TL

The boat pics aren't from the movie, either. :oldrazz:

Just chill, we have long way to go until an actual movie...this is nothing to be stressed about.

Danoyse, I know the boat pics are not from the film. I was suggesting sarcasm by saying I preferred pictures of Hugh outside the set than this promo shot.

And we really only have 9 months 'til we get a trailer. I see those 9 months going by very quickly.

-TL

Danoyse, I know the boat pics are not from the film. I was suggesting sarcasm by saying I preferred pictures of Hugh outside the set than this promo shot.

And we really only have 9 months 'til we get a trailer. I see those 9 months going by very quickly.

-TL

I know. That's why I put one of these :oldrazz: at the end of the sentence.

:oldrazz:

Very unimpressive.

-TL

And his T-Shirt isn't very white. (Couldn't they do laundry?)

He has something in his teeth.

We can't even see what pants he's wearing, if any.

I'm outraged. This just proves this movie is going to suck.

:whatever:

Maybe that's why he looks so angry in the picture. There's no dojo in Canda! :oldrazz:

YJ1, I hope you're not implying I have a negative attitude towards this film. I am a HUGE supporter of Jackman as Wolverine and that includes X3. This film is actually something I've been praying for to the Cinematic Gods for a very long time.

I think this movie is gonna kick MAJOR ASS and like X3, X2 and X1 I'll go see it at least 10 times before they stop playing it.

My quarrel with this promo shot is that its very easy for them to give us a real taste of what's to come and instead they gave us this visual collage of so many "pieces of Hugh as Wolverine", when we should be seeing Hugh as Wolverine.

I'm also gonna bring this up again: Anybody here smell Japan with that background?

-TL

...I'm also gonna bring this up again: Anybody here smell Japan with that background?

-TL

Yes. Neto made note of the dojo a few posts up and others have made note of it in the USA Today thread. It may be a sign of things to come, as I believe either Benioff or Hood made reference to Japan and its potential further exploration in possible sequels.

What if we're getting Japan in this one?

If not why else would they build a set like this now?

Getting hyped!

-TL

It's possible. I haven't heard anything regarding Japan in any of the script reviews, but you never know. It sounds like they're trying to keep a few things secret, so we'll just have to wait and see.

I personally wanted Japan to take place after X3. That alternate ending on the DVD where he takes off, is a perfect pre-cursor to Japan. What I think would work as a prequel Japan adventure is the idea of him going over there to train in martial arts (even though by X1 he forgets it all).

Whatever they do in this film is gonna impress me. I'm even optimistic about Liev playing Sabretooth which I couldn't comprehend at all when I first heard it.

-TL

This is an interesting promo pic.. looks like it's gonna be different than all the other ones.

FAN_****ING_TASTIC!!! :up: Never has Jackman looked more like Wolverine. Intense stuff! I love it. Doesn't need to be big, just cut like in X1. Always should have been like this. You can see like every muscle.

Also love the new hair. Looks muuuch better and less goofy. Yaaay no more pompadore!

Savage, why would you prefer a little cut-up Jackman (X1) than a Huge cut-up Jackman (X3) ??? And even though that pic looks severely altered, he's still big in it. The guy was tiny in X1 because he was cast late.

The hair-style is obviously his, not Wolverine's. The so called goofy "Pompadore" you're referring to will be back. And that's a good thing, because last time I checked - that's how Wolverine looks like in the comic.

-TL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"