Old School Fox Kids (1990-1998)

for those who liked eek the cat
what was your favorite episode mine was "fists of furry"[yes thats the correct title it was a takeoff on themovie title fists of fury] the story guest starred cynthia rothrock whom eek recruited to help his friend sharkey the sharkdog learn martial arts without ending up in the hospital

My favorites are the Terminator episode and the Clockwork Orange style episode where Sharky is taught not to attack people. I loved that show but can vaguely remember anything but those two eps. Oh and that episode of Thunder Lizards with the Mr.T ripoff.

X-Men and Spider-Man ruled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring em back!!!!!!!!!!!! or at least to dvd!!!!!! :xmen:

iceman03 said:
X-Men and Spider-Man ruled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring em back!!!!!!!!!!!! or at least to dvd!!!!!! :xmen:
yes and when they do x-men be sure to put in"old soldiers"

I really miss these Shows. what is up with FOX nowadays seriously.When will the Anime end.That's all they show ,and does anybody know why they stopped showing shows on weekdays?

i think the local affiliates wanted the afternoon timeslots back thats why fox kept its kids shows on the weekend

hmm. Maybe anime is like Japan's revenge for the whole you know, WWII thing.

Incrediblejeff said:
I really miss these Shows. what is up with FOX nowadays seriously.When will the Anime end.That's all they show ,and does anybody know why they stopped showing shows on weekdays?
as i recall the local affiliates wanted the afternoon time slots back for talk shows thats why fobox is on weekends oopps, sorry i didnt notice that incrediblejeff had reprinted his last post

I can some up how great early fox kids was in 2 shows... Beetle-borgs & VR Troopers

ghoul as i remember it troopers was a SYNDICATED show not a network one

it may have aired on your local fox station causing the mix up

3dman27 said:
ghoul as i remember it troopers was a SYNDICATED show not a network one

it may have aired on your local fox station causing the mix up

Maybe, the way I remember though was that new episodes came one right before Power rangers saturday mornings as part of an action block & repeats on weekday mornings at like 7 right before I left for school.

yes the fox kids shows started at 8 a.m. the 7-8 am slot was for syndicated shows

I'm over here listening to the theme songs from Mr. Bogus and the Teen Wolf series right now....sigh..nostalgia.

My favorite eek the cat show is when they spoofed on Resevoir dogs, pulp ficiton and a few good men!
Yeah they actually did it and it was HILLAIOUS!!!! (I was proabably the only kid who got it)

I rmeber the few good men one.....

Dentist looklialike of jack.
"YOU WNAT THE TOOTH! YOU WANT THE TOOTH!!!"

Kid nodding yes.

Doctor:
"YOU CANT HANDLE THE TOOTH!!!"

Oh my god! I just found an old tape with Killer Tomatoes on it's original run and there are so many awsome old school comercial. For Super Nintendo! "Now you're playing with power, super power! And Defenders of Dinotron city coming soon to Fox!

Whew! And the commercial break things use t be hostd by this wolf guy in a laboratory. And he;d be going crazy and such,a dn it goes well be right back and hen he read a sotyr about th 3 little pigs. And then another show started.

I also found a tape wiht the orignal commercial of X-Men saying coming soon to Fox where the commercial has the comic turning into animation and Wolvie saying first we get 'em and then we shred em.

Cool. And nostalgic. Miss the 90's Best time to grow up as a id with toons was late80's arly 90's. I guess we're becoming old fogey's and saying stuff like today's kids dont know what they are missing. But it was all soooo good.Just a rant sorry.Jess.

My saturday mornings involve waking early to watch the reruns of 90s spidey and x-men. I wish they would have all of the 90s marvel cartoons on rerun...Ironman, Silver Surfer, Fantastic Four, Incredible Hulk, ect...

Jess said:
Oh my god! I just found an old tape with Killer Tomatoes on it's original run and there are so many awsome old school comercial. For Super Nintendo! "Now you're playing with power, super power! And Defenders of Dinotron city coming soon to Fox!

Whew! And the commercial break things use t be hostd by this wolf guy in a laboratory. And he;d be going crazy and such,a dn it goes well be right back and hen he read a sotyr about th 3 little pigs. And then another show started.

I also found a tape wiht the orignal commercial of X-Men saying coming soon to Fox where the commercial has the comic turning into animation and Wolvie saying first we get 'em and then we shred em.

Cool. And nostalgic. Miss the 90's Best time to grow up as a id with toons was late80's arly 90's. I guess we're becoming old fogey's and saying stuff like today's kids dont know what they are missing. But it was all soooo good.Just a rant sorry.Jess.

I found an old tape once too. Unfortunatly, it had dust all over it's tape and it completely ruined my old VCR. But, I think it was worth it.

Yeah...Fox used to have tons of good cartoons...now they only have one. TMNT! It's the only non-imported show on their line up!

I like anime, but the ones that get dubbed now are so boring (One Piece is good but the dub stinks!) and annoying! It's killing my love for anime like Outlaw Star and Sailor Moon/ Tenchi Muyo!

yeah mandi-chan foxbox should 86 the anime and bring us decent superhero cartoons

3dman27 said:
yeah mandi-chan foxbox should 86 the anime and bring us decent superhero cartoons

Gene, Mandi, if Marvel and Lion's Gate Family Entertainment has the balls, they should find a way to buy out 4Kids' Saturday morning programming contract in 2006 when the Avengers direct to video movie comes out, and use that movie to launch a brand-new Marvel Comics animation block on Saturday mornings. :unishr: :doom: :wolverine :ghost: :spidey: :venom: :xmen:

Kenny Eugene McCall said:
Gene, Mandi, if Marvel and Lion's Gate Family Entertainment has the balls, they should find a way to buy out 4Kids' Saturday morning programming contract in 2006 when the Avengers direct to video movie comes out, and use that movie to launch a brand-new Marvel Comics animation block on Saturday mornings. :unishr: :doom: :wolverine :ghost: :spidey: :venom: :xmen:
yes kenny this is the way to go as long as foxbox DOESN'T DROPtmnt

MASKED RIDER WAS GREAT! please dont flame me

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"