One in the eye for intelligent design

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by sithgoblin, Dec 14, 2007.

1. RAVEN Guest

Wow, another close minded member of the cattle. Just because some one thinks "outside" the box and has questions to further the investigation of evolution dosen't mean they should be outcasted for their way of thinking. If we all speak, think & talk the same way we will never fully see everything from all angles. Thus putting us all in the same category and stagnating thought process to further explore life and its meaning. I'm not saying that you have to conform to these "new age" ways. But don't look down on someone for giving a new perspective on an on going theory of something that might never be fully understood.

Respectfully yours,

RAVEN

2. CorpusBlack Registered

Someone get junior here a sucker.

All I'm saying is that people on both sides need to look at this as more than a black and white issue.

3. CorpusBlack Registered

Agreed.

4. SuBe Voluntaryist

Why are you making this a Race issue?

Kidding. I agree, there is so much that Science can't prove. It takes faith to believe that even the big bang theory is correct.

5. CorpusBlack Registered

Or evolution even to the degree that it is promoted, considering the numerous missing links and holes.

6. Wilhelm-Scream Registered

[​IMG]

7. SuBe Voluntaryist

I was kidding. I said I was kidding.

8. CorpusBlack Registered

Nicely put sir. :up:

9. AdamWestsGhost Registered

I believe in a higher power having a hand in all this as well as evolution. It doesn't have to be one way or the other. One can bash the bible but as soon as you question Darwinism, the witch hunt begins.

A lot of you should check out this:
    http://www.expelledthemovie.com/video.php

10. Sandman138 Registered

The theory of evolution has moved so far from Darwin's original hypothesis as to make it almost irrelevant.

11. Sandman138 Registered

:lmao:

When your argument has no leg to stand on, change the discourse.:dry:

12. Gilpesh Registered

If you can't prove something through the scientific method... it's not science. Like everyone went over a page or so ago, science is the HOW, not the WHY. And thanks for calling me close minded and showing how you didn't read earlier statements.

Sorry but science is not a jumble of things that we 'feel' are right. And this is a black and white issue because science is not religion and religion is not science. They are two separate things.

13. Jerry! Registered

The problem with that is that it isn't nearly enough to warrant Intelligent Design being taught in the classroom. Until it fulfills the basic scientific method, it should NEVER be taught in science class, because it isn't a science. It isn't enough to just "know" or just that it "feels" right, thats not the way science works. Until its able to be proven it is just an idea, an opinion, a guess.

14. CorpusBlack Registered

I agree with you there, but it doesn't make one better than the other. It's really just personal opinion. I respect the fact that science presents what it deems as fact. However, just because something can't be detected with the five sense, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I'm not religious by any means, but I do believe that creationism is plausible, as is evolution. In actuality, I believe they both work hand in hand. I don't think all the answers lie in science, as I don't think all the answers lie in religious dogma or speculation. At the risk of sounding cliche, we've only just begun to understand any of this IMO.

15. CorpusBlack Registered

And for the record, I agree that Creationism shouldn't be taught in schools.

16. Gilpesh Registered

I never said that at all. Merely relaying the fact to you that they are not interchangable or even able to be mixed.

One looks for answers and tests them.

The other starts with answers and twists their way back to them.

17. CorpusBlack Registered

I somewhat agree. My issue with looking at Evolution as the end all be all is the fact that there are missing links and holes. I can't just take it for face value. Because of that, I don't think Intelligent Design should be disregarded in theory. Just because it doesn't fit within what is considered the scientific method, doesn't mean that it can be completely ruled out. Scientific method doesn't rule over all schools of thought. In my opinion it can be quite limiting. However, on the other hand, the inclusion of any 'divine' variable, can never be proven or disproven. I'm not ruling out either side of the argument until the day more evidence is provided. In the end, science will rule the day I'm sure.

18. SuBe Voluntaryist

Exactly. When people think about intellegent design, they say that no one could possibly create such life. But, science is learning to create life. There was a news story not that long ago that said scientists are on the verge of actually creating life from scratch. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9005023/)

If this is the begining, what is to say that something created life here? Not, put legos together until it resembled an elephant. But, possibly an designer that planted a seed in a sespool of ooze and that single cell seed become everything we know today.

I'm just saying that it would seem likely that if Humans today are on the verge of making life, maybe a billion years ago, some other civilization had similar technology, that evolved.

Agrue, you may, but I just watched the Star Trek: TNG Ep "The Chase" so I think they were onto something.

19. Sandman138 Registered

Psh. The United Federation of Planets is nothing more than communist propaganda. :o

20. CorpusBlack Registered

But they do have Holodecks on their ships and really good flan.

21. SuBe Voluntaryist

Actually, the flan isn't that good.

22. CorpusBlack Registered

And they made Romulan Ale illegal, so yea.. f-ck the Federation.

23. SuBe Voluntaryist

I got a guy in Mexico that can get some Romulan Ale, but it might be a knock off.

24. bored One Sexy Lemur

Don't listen to that guy. They all sell cheap Ferengi swill and repackage it.

25. CorpusBlack Registered

It's fake like that fake Absinthe sh-t they sell at all the liquor stores now.