Comics One More Day Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is curtains for Aunt May.But I really hope MJ sticks around.Because if peter loses both then really what keeps him going?

I don't think this has anything to do with one moreday, but I just want to toss it out here. I've been thinking about the wanting to get rid of Mj that Joe Q and Marvel have been trying to do, and with the sudden reapperance of the skrull in new avengers. I've been thinking what if Mj is really a skrull. That way Peter gets rid of her and he'll be a single man again. And the real Mj was replaced years ago. Liie some of the heros like Eletra.

When does this start? I mean month.

Please...tell me it's not true. I don't have much hope for One More Day, but these new covers just get excited...a bit

The covers sucked you in too, eh?:csad:

Yeah. JQ's Spidey looks kinda cool

And I think OMD starts in October, just like the covers say

I think the first one is cool. The second is a little too '70s retro, though.

But I know inside are the likely demise of the characters' grace. Pretty and funny covers, though.

Please...tell me it's not true. I don't have much hope for One More Day, but these new covers just get excited...a bit

AmazingSpider-Man121.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man195.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man155.jpg

Trust me....70's. :p

i hope all the spider-books will keep this classic cover deal, if they don't do it, the fancy covers would have just been something to get us to buy the stuff. heck even on the one more day issue of FNSM it tells you to buy the issue.

AmazingSpider-Man121.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man195.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man155.jpg

Trust me....70's. :p

I lack a scanner (and am too lazy anyway) but it could just as easily be a homage of the covers from the early to mid 90's as well. Remember how there would always be a blurb like "And what's the deal with Peter's parents??" or some snappy one-liner on the front and sometimes the cover would be split in two. But it could be a homage to the covers from the 70's and 80's as well. Either or. Maybe both.

It'll sell two hundred thousand copies and Quesada will say See! Everyone loves bone-claw-stingers and MJ being dead!

-or-

It'll bomb and Quesada will point to the covers and say See! Everyone hates retro-style storytelling.

Heads you lose, tails you lose.

I'm digging the retro-like covers for it so far. It's like a heavy combination of 70's covers with the 90's cover design that Marvel used to use in the mid to late 90's. Or maybe that's just me.

But it seems to me that MJ isn't going anywhere and Aunt May is going to bite the dust. And, I say, Thank God. Because Aunt May should have been dead way back in ASM # 400...but, yes, an editor in chief WAY worse than Quesada will EVER be nullified that.

So, lets make it a good exit for the lady and KEEP IT THAT WAY!! :cmad:

Until then, lets dance...

From yesterday's Joe Fridays @ Newsarama:

You're obviously going for a retro/classic feel. What were you pulling from for inspiration?

JQ: I went back to the source and simply went and looked at some classic issue covers that were in the tradition of the feel I was going for. I found everything I needed in the first 200 issues of Amazing Spider-Man. I took complete inspiration from those covers.

;)

Costumes have always been phases in Spidey books anyway. I'd love to see the black costume be used longer, but Spidey hasn't worn his old duds in over a year, so it's not a bad thing to have him back to his old costume....or as he would say; uniform. :p

I don't think this has anything to do with one moreday, but I just want to toss it out here. I've been thinking about the wanting to get rid of Mj that Joe Q and Marvel have been trying to do, and with the sudden reapperance of the skrull in new avengers. I've been thinking what if Mj is really a skrull. That way Peter gets rid of her and he'll be a single man again. And the real Mj was replaced years ago. Liie some of the heros like Eletra.
No. The guy who married them was a skrull and since he wasn't a liscensed minister they were technically never married. Peters single again without being aged.

I was going to wait this out to the trade, but those covers look really cool. I love the return of the classic logo, and the style of the covers.

Whoa those covers really draw your attention out in full detail. :wow: I must get these issues .

If they're gonna set for these kind of covers in the future I suspect there will be a lot of covers that screams: "THE MOST SHOCKING STORY EVER! PETER'S LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME! SO, FLIP OPEN THIS COVER ONLY IF YOU DARE!"

;)

How long is this "One More Day" event supposed to last? How many issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"