Comics One More Day Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazing544.jpg

friendly24.jpg

So which is it? $2.99 or $3.99? Or $2.25 (doubtful) since that's what's listed on the barcode? Naturally I hope it's the last one, but I think it might be $3.99. :csad:

If they're gonna set for these kind of covers in the future I suspect there will be a lot of covers that screams: "THE MOST SHOCKING STORY EVER! PETER'S LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME! SO, FLIP OPEN THIS COVER ONLY IF YOU DARE!"

;)

Actually I think they are supposed to keep this new look for even after One More Day. Apparently since they are going to be shipping Amazing three times a month they are sticking with the classic covers. I'm hoping that when they do this that they'll employ some classic Marvel artists to lend a hand. Some nice new John Romita Sr. covers would tickle my fancy.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #544
Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI
Pencils & 50/50 Cover by JOE QUESADA
50/50 Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
"One More Day," Part 1 of 4
Get ready for what will be the most talked–about and controversial comic event of the year -- brought to you by J. Michael Straczynski and Joe Quesada. The stakes have never been higher for Peter Parker. At his darkest hours -- and he's had plenty -- Peter has always had one shoulder to lean on, one person who'd remind him who he is, who he was, and who he can be. Now he's about to lose that person. What would he do...what would you do, if you only had "One More Day?" PLUS: Director's Cut style extras!
48 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #24
Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI
Pencils & 50/50 Cover by JOE QUESADA
50/50 Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
"One More Day," Part 2 of 4
One More Day continues as J. Michael Straczynski and Joe Quesada present Part 2 of what will be the most talked–about comic event of the year. The stakes have never been higher for Peter Parker. At his darkest hours -- and he's had plenty -- Peter has always had one shoulder to lean on, one person who'd remind him who he is, who he was, and who he can be. Now he's about to lose that person. What would he do...what would you do, if you only had "One More Day?" PLUS: Director's Cut style extras!
48 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

So there's your reason for the $4

I still have no idea what OMD is actually about. Is it just a continuation of BIB because the story sounds exactly the same.

It'll sell two hundred thousand copies and Quesada will say See! Everyone loves bone-claw-stingers and MJ being dead!

-or-

It'll bomb and Quesada will point to the covers and say See! Everyone hates retro-style storytelling.

Heads you lose, tails you lose.

I myself will be comencing operation "stick it to the man" during this arc. I don't like Joey Q.

^ha...you mean everyone DOESN"T love bone claw stingers and MJ being dead or unable to remember she is married???

I like Marvel's decision to stick with the classic covers, but the price of the OMD issues is too high. I hope Marvel is not going to use those prices as a long term deal here.

It appears according to the releases, that the OMD issues are 48 pages each.

But yeh, still pricey, and even more so for kids.

I like classic covers too.

Let's just wait and see what they do with MJ in this story...will they respect the marriage and its history and its significance to Pete's life or will they force another attempt on us to get rid of her in some way?!

As soon as she is mindwiped, timesweeped, mystically forgets she is married (or whathaveyou), many fans are gone.

It appears according to the releases, that the OMD issues are 48 pages each.

But yeh, still pricey, and even more so for kids.

I like classic covers too.

Let's just wait and see what they do with MJ in this story...will they respect the marriage and its history and its significance to Pete's life or will they force another attempt on us to get rid of her in some way?!

As soon as she is mindwiped, timesweeped, mystically forgets she is married (or whathaveyou), many fans are gone.
Do you all think that all this HYPE... eliminating ALL the other Spidey titles and the gimicky new thing with Amazing's schedule... is just an attempt to DEFUSE and DISTRACT the NEGATIVE backlash that they are anticipating?

I hate to break it to them, but if this story goes badly (i.e. if they split up Peter and MJ) I'll have NO PROBLEM dumping the whole mess, no matter what kind of bells and whistles they use to make me "forget."

I'm already sick of the gimicks... Goblin twins (offensive), house of M (Gwen again!?), spider-gods (mystic BS), and that whole civil war (convoluted politics = boring) thing... my interest has been circling the drain for awhile...

In fact... I'm trying to remember the last story arc that I could hardly WAIT to read... Not saying there haven't been some good moments, but the old stuff and some of the one shots have been far more interesting to me lately... probably since the end of the Hydra arc.

CAPTIVATED: Do you all think that all this HYPE... eliminating ALL the other Spidey titles and the gimicky new thing with Amazing's schedule... is just an attempt to DEFUSE and DISTRACT the NEGATIVE backlash that they are anticipating?

I hate to break it to them, but if this story goes badly (i.e. if they split up Peter and MJ) I'll have NO PROBLEM dumping the whole mess, no matter what kind of bells and whistles they use to make me "forget."

Maybe JQ is trying to distract everyone from what he is about to do.
I dunno.

The thing is, JQ is very good at trying to convince us he is trying to doing everything WE want him to. :huh:

He TELLS us he wants to fix the "marriage controversy" yet I never even knew there was a marriage controversy, until he TOLD us.

He TELLS us now that AMAZING SPIDER-MAN is the most popular title (not arguing that) so he is canceling everything else we read and making EVERYTHING AMAZING.

Next when he steps down from Editor in Chief....& becomes a Pizza Shop Owner, he'll TELL US about the "pizza crust controversy", he'll end all crust....and then he'll TELL US pepperoni topping is most popular so he is canceling ALL CHOICES in toppings & making EVERYTHING pepperoni.

If One More Day ends up being just another attempt to mindwipe or timesweep the marriage,...i don't think the fact that everything is called Amazing, will be exciting news anymore. This shocking "announcement" and the surrounding excitement over it, :whatever: ....will be long gone. Reality of these decisions will have set in.

Hordes of new single kiddies will NOT flock to comic shops everywhere once the word is out that MJ can't mentally recall she is married. And the 5 little anti-marriage kids who do decide to start reading single spidey won't be able to afford ONE TITLE 3X a month.

Exactly.
He's a selfish blowhard who's not concerned with anything but what he wants.

Not to sound like an idiot, but does this means he's ditching the black costume? So soon?

Sensational Spidey Annual #1 is the last great Spidey story I've read. Back in Black is pretty damn good too. Before that, I'll have to agree with Cap and say that it was the Hydra arc.

It's a funny thing, honestly, the Back in Black arc is the very first JMS arc I've ever read (and I've read almost all of them) that I've actually thoroughly enjoyed.

Sensational Spidey Annual #1 is the last great Spidey story I've read. Back in Black is pretty damn good too. Before that, I'll have to agree with Cap and say that it was the Hydra arc.

Pretty much. SSM Annual #1 was probably one of my favorite Spider-man stories ever.

Exactly.
He's a selfish blowhard who's not concerned with anything but what he wants.

Ummm let's get over ourselves for a sec here.

He's just a business man put in charge of a huge business and is trying to make the wisest decisions possible for his characters and company's long-term profit. It seems like JQ and many other writers (Joss Whedon for one) believe that a single Peter Parker will make them more profit in the long run.

Nothing more and nothing less.

As much as many of us hate his decisions, he's not trying to stick it to the fans. :whatever:

Although....he does like to poke fun at us so that we start multiple threads about how much we hate him while we speculate what he does next. He's a smart guy.

Besides, most comic readers DON'T post on boards like this one. A lot of them lurk and never post or even bother themselves with internet fanboy speculation or whining. So who knows what many of them think?

Sales figures speak louder than our posts ever do. He's a business man. Speak his language.

*obligatory freemadison clone saga tie-in*

Why did the Clone Saga drag on for so long if everyone "hated it"?

Because everyone bought it.

Why did it finally end with Peter being the real deal?

Because half the readers boycotted the titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"