Comics One More Day Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Sigh* I wanted things to get better, but I'm on the very fringe. I'm almost ready to drop ASM. I'll see how "New Ways to Die" is...and if it sucks, I'm done.

*Sigh* I wanted things to get better, but I'm on the very fringe. I'm almost ready to drop ASM. I'll see how "New Ways to Die" is...and if it sucks, I'm done.

Yeah, the return of John Romita, Jr. seems to be the only thing keeping me holding on...

I would pick up an arc by Zeb Wells if he ever returns to Spidey to do another. His 3-issue story a few months back (April?) was spectacular. If Spidey was that good all the time, I couldn't get enough.

Funny how on many sites, peopel are saying they're just hanging on barely due to JRJR coming up, and for Slott's ARC's.

Lose Slott and JRJR and this reboot probably plummets from 70,000 to 50,000 easily, or worse.

People aren't (mostly) hanging on because of Spidey. :csad:

Just drop the book! Drop it! lol, just kidding.

I'm just insanely anxious to see the sales of the book drop.

Just drop the book! Drop it! lol, just kidding.

I'm just insanely anxious to see the sales of the book drop.

It's looking that way. Unless it gets a serious kick in the pants, I'm not sticking around. Heck, with the money I'd save, I could be buying to more books.

I'll have to rely on Ultimate Spidey for my fixing. And possibly the re-launch of Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane. That book was always the most enjoyable of the 4 or 5 Spidey books out at the time. Girly comic my foot...that was a good read.

No, there aren't. When Marvel shows that to me, I'll concede. But because you want it to be so, doesn't make it so. And repeating it ad nauseum doesn't either.

What is so hard to understand about this?

There is one timeline where Peter and Mary Jane were married. Which takes place in basically 90% of my collection.

The other timeline is the new timeline - where the marriage doesn't exist.

Timeline 1 - marriage.
Timeline 2 - no marriage.

I think the root of the problem lie's in the fact that we really dont know for sure what was done to continuity.

If all that really happen was similar to a telepathic mind wiping and rearranging or memories and the insertion of new one with the magical reserection of Harry then it is not a "New Timeline".

But if even one event has changed....even the smallest thing like wether or not Pete wore green socks instead of white then it is a "New Timeline".

And a New Timeline does not mean it is an "alternate universe".

Everything everyone is currently reading is a alternate world now, created and orchestrated by the devil and their deal with the devil..

It would be more accurate to say that it is an "ALTERED WORLD".

Its still the same Marvel 616 Universe.The only thing that may have been changed is a few events.

That would meen that its an Altered universe not an alternate universe.

An alternate world, IS one that was altered.

And from what Marvel has told us, PETE AND MJ NEVER MARRIED.

THEY NEVER MARRIED.

That IS a timeline/historic change. Time was altered and that would create a whole new branch from the spot the alteration happened 20 years ago.

Typically , it is accepted in any literature, or circle scientifically, that even the simplest change in time will/would change many things in time. There'd be many many ripples.

IF i personally had never married my wife, I would have a different history totally of events in multiple unfathomable ways, pure and simple...it would have created an alternate world for me, all around. The possibllilites of what would have happened or could have happened are staggering. Who knows where I'd be today, or with whom, or if with anyone...or what I'd even be doing...career wise, or even at this precise moment.

That is the WORST answer Quesada could have given. Like....ever.

Someone should tell him it was Reed Richards and not Connors who told Peter the symbiote was alive just to piss him off.

THEY NEVER MARRIED.

That IS a timeline/historic change. Time was altered and that would create a whole new branch from the spot the alteration happened 20 years ago.

Typically , it is accepted in any literature, or circle scientifically, that even the simplest change in time will/would change many things in time. There'd be many many ripples.

IF i personally had never married my wife, I would have a different history totally of events in multiple unfathomable ways, pure and simple...it would have created an alternate world for me, all around. The possibllilites of what would have happened or could have happened are staggering. Who knows where I'd be today, or with whom, or if with anyone...or what I'd even be doing...career wise, or even at this precise moment.
CAREFUL! YOU MIGHT MAKE SENSE!

Funny how on many sites, peopel are saying they're just hanging on barely due to JRJR coming up, and for Slott's ARC's.

Lose Slott and JRJR and this reboot probably plummets from 70,000 to 50,000 easily, or worse.

People aren't (mostly) hanging on because of Spidey. :csad:

They actually did a poll and 87% of the people that are still reading "Amazing" are morons.

I don't think thats necassary, DACMAN.

Alot of different people read Amazing with many varying opinons. One thing Marvel is right about is that for every story that sells, there will be a percentage of people that hate it, as well as a percentage that love it.

I love JMS' run. Some (wrongly ;) think his run was some cow poop. Some loved the clone saga, some hated it. Some even say Stan Lee's run stunk.

People have different opinions.

They actually did a poll and 87% of the people that are still reading "Amazing" are morons.

We did a poll and 100% of your posts are idiotic...

:yay:

I don't think thats necassary, DACMAN.

Alot of different people read Amazing with many varying opinons. One thing Marvel is right about is that for every story that sells, there will be a percentage of people that hate it, as well as a percentage that love it.

I love JMS' run. Some (wrongly ;) think his run was some cow poop. Some loved the clone saga, some hated it. Some even say Stan Lee's run stunk.

People have different opinions.

Thanks kaine... :up:

No.

No an altered world is one that is altered.It is changed from what it was.

And alternate world is one that run's parallel to our own.

A good example of this can be found in Star Trek.

The Mirror Universe is an alternate world.

The change in the timeline from the episode "Yesterdays Enterprise" from ST The Next Generation was an Altered world.

In the Marvel Uninverse the world that Rachel Summers comes from is an Alternate World.

Marvel Zombies is an Alternate world.

House of M is an Altered world.

THEY NEVER MARRIED..

This is where it gets confusing.

The story says they never got marries but Marvel's Joe Q has said the marrige did happen.....but nobody remembers it any more.They remember events differently.

And if history has been changed then it is indeed a Altered timeline.....but it is not an Alternate Timeline.

There is a difference.

STO VO KOR: An alternate world is one that run's parallel to our own.

Well....as far as i can discern from this reboot this IS a parallel world. Or the Twilight Zone???

Who knows. lol

One that may be similar, but one where Pete never married MJ, as they state. Changing time so significantly changes A LOT of somethin. :cwink: It feels like a story of "WHAT IF" actually.

The annoying thing is how Marvel try to blow it all off...."it's all different how things happend and some didn't even happen yet it all still happened the same"....they say oxymoronic like....so they don't have to explain the GIANT reasoning problems the reboot creates. Mystery Spidey Theater??

Marvel was hoping everyone would be heartwarmed by the devil dealing reboot and that we'd not ask (very logical) questions or notice. Oops.

This is where it gets confusing.

The story says they never got marries but Marvel's Joe Q has said the marrige did happen.....but nobody remembers it any more.They remember events differently.

I think it's like the old question: "If a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?"

If suddenly nobody remembers that Pete and MJ got married...are they married?

What I mean is this:

The events up to OMD happened. Then with Mephisto's deal he altered the memory of EVERYONE removing some memories and replacing them with new ones.

Instead of everyone remembering that Spider-Man unmasked and is Peter Parker, everyone's memory of the event doesn't include the knowledge that it was Pete underneath. Was that part of the memory taken out and not replaced, thus leaving everyone to wonder "Why don't we remember who was underneath?", or was it replaced with the memory of someone ELSE being underneath, or some other altered memory that doesn't leave people wondering why nobody remembers the results of something so huge in the media?

Peter Parker DID technically out himself as Spider-Man. But because nobody remembers that he did, the world doesn't know any better.

Same with the marriage. Everybody's memories of anything related to Peter marrying or being married to MJ have been altered to one that doesn't have him married. Perhaps people's memory now includes Peter missing his wedding, and Peter's memory has him "remember" it's because he got caught up in some big battle royale as Spidey and couldn't make it. And every other memory later-on referencing them being married has been replaced with one that references them dating.

So Pete and MJ DID technically get married. But because nobody remembers that they did, the world doesn't know any better.

And Harry? This is Mephisto's evil curveball...his twisting of the knife.

Harry actually did die in SSM #200. But when Mephisto went in replacing and altering people's memories of prior events, he saw the perfect opportunity to slip in extra pain to Peter: Mephisto resurrected Harry. And by simply altering people's memories of Harry's death and any later references to the event to one of him simply disappearing unexplainably, nobody will question why someone who's supposed to be dead is alive again.

Harry DID die. But because nobody remembers that he did, they don't question him being alive "again".

That's just the way I see it. If Mephisto simply went back and actually altered the actual events of the wedding day so that Pete and MJ never get married and let the following years just alter themselves you'd get a Butterfly Effect that would literally give us a DRASTICALLY different "Now" than what we actually have.

But if Mephisto kept the actual history of the 616 Universe intact and simply altered and replaced everyone's MEMORIES of those events, then there'd be no Butterfly Effect and no altering of where we actually ended up.

IMO, Mephisto altered and replaced everyone's memories of the past. The ONLY 2 actual CHANGES he made to the past were May getting shot and Harry dying, which is how they are alive and well now (since a simple alteration of memories wouldn't save either of them on their own).

And knowing this, you can STILL read the last 20 years of Spider-Man stories and know that they all DID happen just like that.

They've specifically said that something happened to stop them from getting married.

IMDALY: So Pete and MJ DID technically get married. But because nobody remembers that they did, the world doesn't know any better.

No. They specifically said they never got married now.

Same with unmasking...they remember the unmasking, but can't remember the details of it. So they have PARTIAL memories, their minds (THE ENTIRE PLANET'S!!!) are swiss cheesed, for lack of a better word.

The reboot involved:

1. HISTORY CHANGED/ALTERED
2. DEATH REVERSED
3. MINDWIPING THE PLANET,... PARTIAL MEMORIES
4. Pete devolved/regressed
5. And "other" changes

IMDALY: If Mephisto simply went back and actually altered the actual events of the wedding day so that Pete and MJ never get married and let the following years just alter themselves you'd get a Butterfly Effect that would literally give us a DRASTICALLY different "Now" than what we actually have.

EXACTLY!!!!!

BINGO!!!

Yet, Marvel wants their cake and to eat it too. Ignoring all logic completely and conveneiently with THEIR story and what they tell us here is the big problem. But, it IS MAGIC, so they don't have to explain any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"