Comics One More Day Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this was answered by Quesada or someone before. There are plenty of people in the MU who probably could have helped Aunt May, but that's the problem with a shared universe: to what extent do you allow other characters, who have nothing to do with Spider-Man, intervene in and influence Spider-Man stories? It's like asking, why didn't the Avengers or the X-Men come to help the FF when Galactus first appeared?
That is the WORST answer Quesada could have given. Like....ever.

I'm disappointed that there are people that won't cancel due to naivety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNpq_85BuVk

In the comments of that video, I ask the guy if he's cancelled, and he says no, 'cause he hopes things will change.

Ya can't just sit back and hope they'll change it. And if you realize that a drop in sales is the only way to do it, its selfish to sit back and rely on the rest of us to do it for you.

In the comments of that video, I ask the guy if he's cancelled, and he says no, 'cause he hopes things will change.

Ya can't just sit back and hope they'll change it. And if you realize that a drop in sales is the only way to do it, its selfish to sit back and rely on the rest of us to do it for you.

That's what pisses me off the most. The fans who know that they're buying crap, yet they keep buying it, hoping that it'll turn into gold.

I still don't get how can they keep buying when the hiegher ups have said that the last few years have been crappy ON PURPOSE in order to retcon Spidey...

If people want change they'd better stop buying, that way things might get better...

Its why I have actually stopped buying Marvel comics...I may not be hitting them where it hurts but I am a lot happier

Well, you like everything that has come from it. Same difference.

How so?

I hated OMD as well, but it got Spidey to where I felt he needed to be. That's not the same as likeing Peter Parker sell his marriage to the devil

How did it get him to where he needed to be, exactly?? I don't get that at all.

The stories they are telling right now, there is no reason they can't tell them with a married Peter Parker.

How so?

I hated OMD as well, but it got Spidey to where I felt he needed to be. That's not the same as likeing Peter Parker sell his marriage to the devil

So...everything is all "howdy doody" now, except that the DEVIL is the reason everything is the way it is"

I've said it before, if you're enjoying BND, good for you, but it doesn't make the fact that Peter sold his marriage to the devil any less horrible. OMD begat BND.

Everything everyone is currently reading is a alternate world now, created and orchestrated by the devil and their deal with the devil.

I don't know how people convenietly seperate OMD from BND.

It is like saying Return of the Jedi has nothing to do with Empire Strikes back.

When collecters collect Spidey now, there is PRE-DEVIL continuity, and POST-DEVIL continuity. Really when you get down to it, that's all.

So yeh, so you'd explain to a new kid collecting back issues...what?

That before they (Pete and MJ) were married, but they weren't really married despite the words and scenarios in those pre-devil reboot issues??

Come on.

He would never ask. Butif he did, and I explained it to him, he would roll his eyes, say it was ******ed, and move on. I hardly think he would throw his hands up inthe air, and say, "Gods, why do you taunt me so. Can you not let love survive?!???"

And then start cutting himself, of course.

Double edit: Don't know what happened there.

Sorry. My post was,

There are now two timelines - undeniable fact.

No, there aren't. When Marvel shows that to me, I'll concede. But because you want it to be so, doesn't make it so. And repeating it ad nauseum doesn't either.

No, there aren't. When Marvel shows that to me, I'll concede. But because you want it to be so, doesn't make it so. And repeating it ad nauseum doesn't either.

What is so hard to understand about this?

There is one timeline where Peter and Mary Jane were married. Which takes place in basically 90% of my collection.

The other timeline is the new timeline - where the marriage doesn't exist.

Timeline 1 - marriage.
Timeline 2 - no marriage.

Marvel not ONLY ended the marriage...they said it NEVER happened.

Thus, two timelines. Very simple.

OK, I'm not following the comics, but what the hell happened to the unmasking? I thought this BND stuff was supposed to make Spidey anonymous again, but I got to read some secret invasion issues, and they talk about the reveal just like it happened in CW

Oh, you'll LOVE this little nugget.

It still happened, but NO ONE REMEMBERS WHO IT WAS.

Winner, eh?

WTF? I heard that, but is BS... Peter is with the new avengers without mask, in their plane, Wolverine calls him "Peter Parker", etc...

KANON: OK, I'm not following the comics, but what the hell happened to the unmasking? I thought this BND stuff was supposed to make Spidey anonymous again, but I got to read some secret invasion issues, and they talk about the reveal just like it happened in CW

Everyone is the world remembers he unmasked but can't remember he unmasked. No one in the world cares that they can remember only partial memories of recent events and that their minds are mindwiped in specific chunks of what they can or can't remember.

It is not clear if Pete is the only one who DOESN"T remember he unmasked, because he hasn't noticed that people don't who he is or act surprised no one remembers despite the fact they can remember he unmasked.

ILOVECLONES: No, there aren't. When Marvel shows that to me, I'll concede. But because you want it to be so, doesn't make it so. And repeating it ad nauseum doesn't either.

Marvel has stated in many ads, in the comics, everywhere, that the marriage never happened now. Thus, history has been changed, altered, whathaveyou. No longer the same one.

IF I never married my wife 20 years ago, my history is now a different and alternate one, is it not?

what i dont understand is how image concious Marvel wont let Wolverine smoke but it's alright for Pete to sell his marriage to the devil

There are two things wrong that I can think of right off the top of my head that is wrong with OMD:

First, Pete throws away his marriage (sacred vows to God, until death do they part) in a deal with the Devil (don't give me semantics that Mephisto is not the Devil, for all intents and purposes, that is what he is). This totally goes against his character.

Second, it is just bad story telling. Marvel sets up Pete's ID is public, he is a hunted fugitive, MJ & Aunt May are hunted fugitives, Spidey's enemies know who he is, Aunt May is shot and dying, Pete has threatened to kill Kingpin if Aunt May dies. So this is some predicament. How will this be resolved...?

...it won't. We'll just ignore that build-up. No one knows who Spidey is, Aunt May is fine making wheat cakes and Marvel is just basically saying, just go with it! We don't have to resolve it, will pick it up with everything is ok.

SPIDERGNOME: Second, it is just bad story telling. Marvel sets up Pete's ID is public, he is a hunted fugitive, MJ & Aunt May are hunted fugitives, Spidey's enemies know who he is, Aunt May is shot and dying, Pete has threatened to kill Kingpin if Aunt May dies. So this is some predicament. How will this be resolved...?

...it won't. We'll just ignore that build-up. No one knows who Spidey is, Aunt May is fine making wheat cakes and Marvel is just basically saying, just go with it! We don't have to resolve it, will pick it up with everything is ok.

RIght, a lot of pre-planning for all this build up, to just panic and hit the reboot button.

They didn't have a real ending or way out, they just wrote whatever trash they wanted, backed him into whatever corners they wanted, because they knew they were gonna hit the panic button and make it all magically go away when they created a whole new world with the devil's magical powers.

And they couldn't just end it saying, PEte and MJ were no longer married, they had to make even more magical (and dumb) by saying they NEVER married. They picked and chose what got erased and and some of it partially erased, to their conveniences, not because it was well written at all.

And one of the main things people complain about was it was so forced and out of character, and that it ruined continuity, altered history. On top of that, all these BND/OMD issues are forever linking PEte with the Devil.

I ask....Why would you want to forever link PETE of all characters tothe devil??? On top of that....make Pete a total loser who sSOLD HIS WIFE AND MARRIAGE to the DEVIL...? Let the devil mindwipe an entire planet!!?
Pete is no longer a hero in my eyes,...i never thought marvel could accomplish that...but they've made my favorite hero into a total loser and schmuck.

Yeah, it is like they were writing one story, couldn't think of an ending or got bored of it, and just started writing a new story. Brought to you by the Marvel House of Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"