Netflix's One Piece Live-Action TV Show

This cant be a success as a series overall. It will be cancelled when they arriving the grand line and with Netflix producing this, they will never give them enough money to show us even Alabasta with the Baroque Gangs Power.

One of the big One Piece youtubers "RogersBase" spoke with one of the writers or so i think recently...either way, he has a lot faith in the team and this project.

I know thats not really saying much, but as a one piece fan i do trust his opinion quite a lot when it comes to one piece.

This cant be a success as a series overall. It will be cancelled when they arriving the grand line and with Netflix producing this, they will never give them enough money to show us even Alabasta with the Baroque Gangs Power.

This is my concern also. The earlier storyline is more easier to adapt but the latter storyline (starting with Skypea) is more complicated and required a big movie budget to fully give their worlds and characters a proper looks and realization in the best possible way.

Oddly, Oda sensei's involvement still has not give me much confidence. But I guess we have to see the first look and trailer to make further judgment.

This is my concern also. The earlier storyline is more easier to adapt but the latter storyline (starting with Skypea) is more complicated and required a big movie budget to fully give their worlds and characters a proper looks and realization in the best possible way.

Oddly, Oda sensei's involvement still has not give me much confidence. But I guess we have to see the first look and trailer to make further judgment.

How deeply is Oda even involved in this? I doubt he's doing all that much.

Heck, Oda's probably busy as is just with the manga. I wouldn't be surprised if he just had one of those pointless Executive Producer credits.

I dont know, his current Wano arc is incredible tedious and long drawn out...something feels off about it to me.
That could be because he is very involved in the Live Action Tv Show, it wouldnt surprise me.

Ah. Admittedly, I haven't read the manga since the Fishman Island arc, so no idea where the story is now or how much commitment that might take.

Well, we are in an arc that started around July 2018 in Chapter 909...we are now in chapter 1028 and its still going on.
A Arc that is by now known to be overloaded on information that caused Oda to handle a lot of the fights off screen.

We get mostly 3-4 chapters before Oda takes a break for a week, and we dont know how many hours in the week he works...back in the day he only slept 2-3 hours the day, but since then has changed to a more healthy work plan.
Impossible to say how involved he is in this project, especially since rumors came up that he writes a new one piece movie and helps on a new one piece video game.

Hey. sorry for the late reply..
I think he is not that much involved, I am afraid...just pitching ideas here and there.

But he was surely seems to be positive towards this project and even hyping this project to fans for some time now. Lets just hope the end result will not disappoint.

I dont know, his current Wano arc is incredible tedious and long drawn out...something feels off about it to me.
That could be because he is very involved in the Live Action Tv Show, it wouldnt surprise me.

Wano's arc is indeed quite long (but now I believe we are close to its climax)... but not as dragged out as Dolerosa's arc. I was exhausted reading that whole saga and kinda glad when it finally ends. Haha.

I can’t be the only one who thinks the guy who’s playing Sanji looks like Eminem, right?

I have no connection to this but thought the same thing when I checked this out on IGN.

Cast looks good. We will see what the actual product will be like.

...oh, God. My expectations were low, more so after seeing what Netflix is doing with Cowboy Bebop, but wow.

Maybe a trailer will prove me wrong, but this absolutely doesn't do it for me.

Mackenyu was in the last Rurouni Kenshin movie.

I’m not super into or knowledgeable about the manga or anime at all, but I’m definitely wishing the best for everyone involved in this. The cast and crew and crew have a lot to live up to.

If it’s any consolation, the people involved in this are super-fans of the series and super devoted to making this the best it can be. The fact that the mangaka himself is overseeing this and has his hands deep into this to help adapt his work, which is something previous live-action anime adaptations have not had the luxury of, and is super enthused about how everything is coming along, must be worth something. It’s not a guarantee of the actual quality of the final product, but still.

I don’t know, man. I’m slightly more and more excited the more and more I hear, read or see anything about this. Consider me cautiously optimistic.

I don't even know how you begin adapting a series like this. It sounds like a recipe for insanity.

Even Preacher with all that talent and money behind it did didn't do a good job IMO. And the Garth Ennis/Steve Dillon comic was only like 66 issues.

Fabulous cast so far. Mackenyu is so perfect for this. Can’t wait to see how it turns out

I hope it goes better than that live-action Death Note POS.

Judging from that cast and after seeing what Netflix has done with Cowboy Bebop…

5EB22CF9-9C5C-4890-8E4E-34ACA56445C6.gif

I’m gonna cringe when they get to YuYu Hakusho.

I’m gonna cringe when they get to YuYu Hakusho.
Yu Yu Hakusho isn’t comparable to One Piece’s case as that is actually being handled by a Japanese production studio. Not to say it couldn’t be bad because of that, but I do think Japanese produced anime/manga adaptions have a better track record than the Western adaptions. So I think that has a better chance of turning out good than One Piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"