Should there be another Batman Live-Action Tv show?

The only way i'd approve of them producing a new Batman series, would be if they totally leave the campy atmosphere of the 60's show behind. Another thing that should be done is not have the show mired in boredom, like Smallville.

Lastly, with good scripts, creative minds, & adequate budgets the show could have potential.

:whatever:

Yeah, Smallville had it's moments but it became repetitive, to fix that they ended up making it full of errors and plot holes, and to fix that the last few seasons felt like the universe in the show was inside a bottle.

The other thread about another live action Batman show even gave a good explanation to how a live action tv show wouldn't make less people watch the movies, the example of Star Trek was a good one.

I even think that before a big summer release of another Batman movie the tv show can even lead to it, making fans of the show have to watch the film to inderstand what's happening in the next season, as was done with the first X-Files movie.

To wait for each Avengers film, Marvel gives us many spin-offs as lead ins to that event film, DC should try television as they do it quite well, as people don't want another origin story for the post-nolan batman films and Nolan doesn't want it set in his Bat Universe, then why not explore more closelly year one with the first season and let the movies follow, in fact, to make believable costumes for Robin, Batgirl, Nightwing, etc, instead of wasting the tv show's budget why not introduce them in each film and then reuse the costumes for the show? It would be a nice way to use these characters.

Then the show should be like Doctor Who and James Bond, with different actors portraying the same role but still being part of the same universe, if they ever wanted to make a bigger DC universe they could explain this in some kind of Crisis or Justice League movie, with a cosmic being having done that as a reference to Super-boy prime punching reality in Infinite Crisis, or something like that.

In Season One i would also like to see the Red Hood gang's crimes from Batman's point of view, only showing Joker's point of view years later in flashbacks

The only way i'd approve of them producing a new Batman series, would be if they totally leave the campy atmosphere of the 60's show behind. Another thing that should be done is not have the show mired in boredom, like Smallville.

Lastly, with good scripts, creative minds, & adequate budgets the show could have potential.
Smallville became the way it was because overstayed it's welcome by 3 seasons and it started to focus on the other heroes more than Clark as well as when the big moment came for him to become Superman it was done cheaply and Welling wouldn't even put on the suit. Thats like for a live Batman show he only stays in the shadows and we never see him in the suit or like GL puts on the ring for the first time and all we see is a bright green glow and a mask pops on his face then the show ends.

I wouldn't be interested in tying a new Batman show in with the rest of the DCU, 1) because Brave&Bold has done that plenty and 2) the Batman universe has more than enough going on in itself to fill the ol' six seasons and a movie. ;)

Though it would probably get harder to keep to that as the series progresses.

I wouldn't be interested in tying a new Batman show in with the rest of the DCU, 1) because Brave&Bold has done that plenty and 2) the Batman universe has more than enough going on in itself to fill the ol' six seasons and a movie. ;)

Though it would probably get harder to keep to that as the series progresses.
You don't need to have other heroes on the show, it can mention or in least be set in the same universe, doesn't need to have cameos all the time

If there is ever another Batman show, there needs to be a set plan/Bible of what happens each season and where they want to go with it instead of just waiting to see how much longer they can stretch the show too make more money.

They should do Gotham Nights and do an anthology type seires and shows all the other happens that goes on in Gotham by the other heroes living in Gotham like the Creeper, Jason Blood (The Demon), Ragman, The Question, Plastic Man, Zatara and Zatanna, Simon Dark, and Tommy Monaghan, the anti-hero Hitman.

Thanks to Christopher Nolan, Batman has never been this popular in decades.

I think it would be a pretty smart move if they went ahead and made a honest attempt at live action again.

I would do a low-budget show that is even more set in realism than Nolan's series. That's right, I said it. Realism taken even further.

Stick to a low budget.
Put it on AMC with Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and Mad Men.

Don't put it on HBO where it's not accessible to everyone. (AMC gets away with faaar more than we appreciate.)

Treat the series like Mad Men, but set it in current times.

Get actors who are cheap, but who are also extremely talented in the world of television.

Get Peter Gallagher for Commissioner Gordon. Slap some white hair on him and give him glasses. He was kind-hearted and nurturing on The OC, but he was tough-as-nails when he needed to be.
peter_gallagher_covert_affairs.jpg

Get Dennis Haysbert as Mr. Freeze. Shave his head. He's got a badass voice and can be intimidating. An amazing president on 24.
dennis-haysbert.jpg

Get John Lithgow as The Ventriloquist. He's a phenomenal actor, and was incredible on 3rd Rock From the Sun.
john-lithgow-01.jpg

We need Timothy Dalton as Alfred. He was James Bond, and now we need him as an old man who kicked a lot of ass back in his day. Treat Alfred as someone who walks around with a shotgun in tunnels, and who was a secret service agent in his time, and now he's a caring, nurturing father figure to Bruce.
timothy_dalton_001_030107.jpg

Autumn Reeser isn't doing anything important. Make her Vicki Vale. She's an underrated actress who showed her chops on The OC.
03165.jpg

Finally, just get a good actor who isn't doing anything, and make him Batman. Someone who we liked in the past / 90's, and now he's relatively off the radar. Bring him back, and make us fall in love with him as Bruce Wayne. Someone in their 30's, too. Josh Hartnett? Wes Bentley? David Boreanaz? I don't care. Just give me someone good.

Wes+Bentley+Cinema+Society+Grey+Goose+Host+U4wXCXgNJksl.jpg

david-boreanaz-bones-talk.jpg

Last edited:
Autumn Reeser isn't doing anything important. Make her Vicki Vale. She's an underrated actress who showed her chops on The OC.
03165.jpg
I love this pick. Being a reporter trying to unmask the Bat, Vale has the potential to be extremely annoying, and Reeser was by far the least annoying thing on "No Ordinary Family"

I love this pick. Being a reporter trying to unmask the Bat, Vale has the potential to be extremely annoying, and Reeser was by far the least annoying thing on "No Ordinary Family"

And she's hot.
AND she's a great actress.

I would also keep one main villain throughout an entire season. Let that villain's story sizzle week-to-week. Let that character build and let him be fully fleshed before the season finale.

Save The Joker for the final season.

I would do a low-budget show that is even more set in realism than Nolan's series. That's right, I said it. Realism taken even further.

Stick to a low budget.
Put it on AMC with Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and Mad Men.

Don't put it on HBO where it's not accessible to everyone. (AMC gets away with faaar more than we appreciate.)

Treat the series like Mad Men, but set it in current times.

Get actors who are cheap, but who are also extremely talented in the world of television.
Yeah, i would like to see Bruce's life on the Wayne corporation, something as well written as Mad Men and Breaking Dawn would be great, however i'm not sure about AMC, i mean, in mym country we don't have the same channels, we don't have AMC for example, and here Walking Dead hairs on this country's FOX. But i did notice that while they don't have many shows, they're allways cutting the budget of their successful one, Walking Dead being an example, i've heard these complains a lot and a Batman show shouldn't suffer cuts like that.

Finally, just get a good actor who isn't doing anything, and make him Batman. Someone who we liked in the past / 90's, and now he's relatively off the radar. Bring him back, and make us fall in love with him as Bruce Wayne. Someone in their 30's, too. Josh Hartnett? Wes Bentley? David Boreanaz? I don't care. Just give me someone good.

Wes+Bentley+Cinema+Society+Grey+Goose+Host+U4wXCXgNJksl.jpg

david-boreanaz-bones-talk.jpg

I agree with a good actor but Boranz isn't an unknown now, sure, Buffy and Angel have ended, but he's receiving almost as big a success with Bones, he hasn't been really off the radar as he was offered a lot of money to be in Bones, believe me, he's as big now as he was during te 90s.

I would also keep one main villain throughout an entire season. Let that villain's story sizzle week-to-week. Let that character build and let him be fully fleshed before the season finale.

Save The Joker for the final season.

Now with that, i can't really agree, i agree that there shouldn't be many villains with a new one every week, but only one is not enough, i would like to see a show with each week being a mystery, some can end up having a scy fy theme with a villain, but they should try to keep it realistic, Fringe for example some times seems like a comic book brought to life, other mysteries could be normal roberies or murders like many of the Detective comics stories in the golden age.

I would like to see Batman's confrontation with the Red Hood gang seen in his perspective, with one episode in a later season showing things in Joker's perspective.

Every season would have a certain story arc, for example, Season One would be Batman's year one, with the Batman trying to stop the corruption in the city, while there would also be first the Red Hood gang's crimes and then the Joker would appear, Season 2 could have The Long Halloween as the main storyline.

This site has the stories listed that would work as part of season 1:
http://www.therealbatmanchronologyproject.com/the-modern-age/the-year-one-era/year-one/

Batman: The Animated Series brought some inspiration from Alfred Hitchcok movies, many episodes would even work with a live-action show budget, if a 20 mins animated show can make this type of quality stories then why not a live action 40 mins per episode show?

If each season had 22 episodes then there shouldn't be only 1 villain per season, each season should had a plan, unlike Smallville the writter should know where they're heading to, most episodes should be able to be seen by people that didn't watch the show before, that's why shows like House, C.S.I. and cop shows are still so popular, when people want to watch something they turn on the tv and start watching these shows to pass the time.

Another thing that a series could do better than the movies is Harvey Dent.

It would be cool to see him evolve into an amazingly well-rounded character even before he becomes Two-Face, from his actions as DA, his relationship with Gilda (who could also get some cool stuff to do) to his friendships with Batman and Bruce Wayne. He'd start out as the good guy, then we find he's got some issues and a dark side and stuff.

And if that's a homerun, then Two-Face would have to be at least as interesting to watch. A lot of people love the split personality thing or the coin or the obsession with the number 2. I would love to explore the idea of someone as intelligent and experienced in the ways of the justice system as Harvey Dent suddenly becoming a bad guy. That's intense stuff. When he comes on the scene, Two-Face would be the show's new big bad, not a scheme-of-the-week type like Scarecrow or Ivy, but a serious overarching villain.

And I would also love to see the bit from Dark Victory when Two-Face goes to trial and of course represents himself. You could make that a whole episode like the trial of Gaius Baltar on BSG.

There's already a live action Batman series. It's called Person of Interest.

That Joke seemed kind of random.

A Batman show should have a different mystery every week, most of them normal, like in the early golden age batman stories, they could hire Mistery novels writers for the show, i think it would be cool for the show to have title cards similar to the ones in Batman: TAS

riddlersreform.jpg

almost_got_im_batman_animated_title_card.jpg

twoface0.jpg

Maybe the first episode could be based on "The Mystery of the Chemical Syndicate", the first Batman story. I think that the show should start during Year One and then move on from that, and show Bruce's voyages and Training in flashbacks.

Most episodes should be about a normal crime but now and then there could be more fantastic villains like Mr.Freeze and Poison Ivy, Fringe did some similar scientific aspects in a believable way.

While most episodes would be stand-alones, each season could have a certain story arc, the first could be Batman trying to stop the Gotham mafia led by Falcone and others, and also develop the Joker from his Red Hood day to the day he appears as the joker, but there's no need to completelly show his origin, the Red Hood episode could be only shoun in Batman's perspective.

The 2nd Season's story arc could be the Long Halloween story line, then as the show progresses the season long story lines could be based on Morrison and other writers story arcs

Here's my stance on this one. I say no to this idea of a batman live action show because comic book shows dont translate well anymore. The cape is a good example of how bad it could end up. The whole problem is most people like watching a super hero movie and being done with it in about 2 hours and moving but in a tv show your asking them to invest half the year or 4-5 months of watching. Plus we all know tv shows are on incredibly cheap budgets and this is why also there will never be a live action star wars show. The last thing I would want is to see batman on a tv show with a cheap budget and bad scripts and bad acting. Now if were talking say HBO then I might be on board a tad.

Here's my stance on this one. I say no to this idea of a batman live action show because comic book shows dont translate well anymore. The cape is a good example of how bad it could end up. The whole problem is most people like watching a super hero movie and being done with it in about 2 hours and moving but in a tv show your asking them to invest half the year or 4-5 months of watching. Plus we all know tv shows are on incredibly cheap budgets and this is why also there will never be a live action star wars show. The last thing I would want is to see batman on a tv show with a cheap budget and bad scripts and bad acting. Now if were talking say HBO then I might be on board a tad.

You realize that it's that kind of thinking that is the reason we'll never have a live action Star Wars series, right? I'm fairly sure the show could easily be done on a managable budget, but Lucas probably feels the need to get showy. BSG had a managable budget and it was immensely better than all three of the prequels.

And just because its a TV show does'nt automatically mean bad writing and bad acting. I swear, the snobby attitude some of you people have towards television is ridiculous.

You realize that it's that kind of thinking that is the reason we'll never have a live action Star Wars series, right? I'm fairly sure the show could easily be done on a managable budget, but Lucas probably feels the need to get showy. BSG had a managable budget and it was immensely better than all three of the prequels.

And just because its a TV show does'nt automatically mean bad writing and bad acting. I swear, the snobby attitude some of you people have towards television is ridiculous.

I only saw a few eps of the new BSG, a few years ago, but most of what i saw took place in the ship's interiors, or in outer space.
This is something I saw someone, who had seen the entire show, say in response to a similar opinion that you expressed, that the amount of alien planet landscapes were minimal.

A SW Live action show would need constant shooting on alien landscapes, whether through expensive CG or location shooting in Tunisia for Tatooine.
They also want to have digital alien characters.

I wouldn't do the series as an origin but I think if they began development on it now, a good 3-4 year series could be good while the movies are on hiatus.

Personally, I'd differentiate from the movies movies and most cartoons. My first year would be based on both the Hush and Under the Hood storylines, because the rumor is Hush was originally Jay bit editorial mandate demanded that it be changed. I chose Hush because it introduces all the main players of the universe. And Under the Hood because it is just a good story.

Not snobby at all, christ I drink beer while sitting around in my underwear watching TV. Im saying sometimes in certain character cases they dont translate well to different mediums. Granted the old TV series was great as a fun campy show but times have severely changed since and I dont see the general public investing in a 20 episode season about a lie action batman.

Your star wars comment is not accurate at all. Star wars is all about effects and characters and fights in space. BSG sucked and bored me to death and thats a fact. You minimalize the effects, space sequences and alien worlds and all you got is a modern era soap opera with nothing exciting. The only way a star wars show gets made if its only 13 episodes because there is no way they can get the production under $5 million an episode to carry for 20 plus episodes.

I was thinking about Scarecrow the other day and what he would be like on a new show. The fear-toxin is the kinda thing they do on "Fringe" all the time. They could have an episode start at a rave or something where some drugs are getting passed around. Turns out the drugs are laced with fear juice, sh** goes crazy, etc. Get a good director behind it, throw in a few simple but icky SFX and you'd have a hell of a teaser.

Also, Crane could appear on several early episodes well before he becomes Scarecrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"