Should there be another Batman Live-Action Tv show?

Lord

All Mighty
Reaction score
So should there be another Batman Live-Action Tv Show? I know what you guys are thinking, there are already the movie Christopher Nolan films and making a tv series and the movies at the same would be stupid, a Gotham Central tv show could be cool, etc.

As we all know the last Live-Action Batman related tv show was Birds of Prey and that wasn't very good, however the last True Batman tv show was the 60s classic that while dumb was successful and captured the spirit of the comics during the silver age very well :oldrazz:

[YT]ZZF1GKtWG0c[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZF1GKtWG0c

I got this idea while reading the new Penguin: Pain and Prejudice and tought that a Batman show that also had some episodes reserved for the insight of certain characters and the Gotham PD could work.

I think that they could even adapt parts of Year One and they could make it about James Gordon as much as about Batman.
batman-year-one.jpg

I know this may seem unrealistic and most are more interested in seeing a Gotham Central tv show but i think that this could work with a tv budget, the suit would obviously not be as expensive as the one in the movies but they could still make it pratical.

For the action it could be very detective oriented, shows like C.S.I., NSA, and Flashpoint get away with a lot of action, i think that if it was properly done a Batman Live-Action show would be able be a true success. :yay:

Last edited:
I would prefer a show based off of Gotham Central. It would have Batman in it, but sparingly and just focus on the GCPD. The biggest difference between it and BoP is that I would hope Gotham Central to actually be good.

I also think it would have the best chance to be greenlit, since at its core it's a crime drama, which networks love.

Jack Reese from Person of Interest is kind of like Batman minus the costume, gadgets, and the no-killing thing.

As close POI is to a live action Batman. I really want a HBO/Showtime Batman series. Get James Manos Jr or Alan Ball behind it.

I would prefer a show based off of Gotham Central. It would have Batman in it, but sparingly and just focus on the GCPD. The biggest difference between it and BoP is that I would hope Gotham Central to actually be good.

I also think it would have the best chance to be greenlit, since at its core it's a crime drama, which networks love.

I would love this.

Gotham Central on one of the bigger networks (Person of Interest has brought Jonathan Nolan to CBS, could you imagine if he executive produced the series for the same network?)
Nightwing on The CW

I don't know if it's because of The Walking Dead, or the fact that AMC plays Batman Begins all the damn time, or maybe I'm on a post-Breaking Bad season finale high, but I feel like AMC would be a good fit for a Gotham Central show.

Smallville was originally suppose to be a young Bruce Wayne Batman show.
Looking at Smallville, it is bloody awful. Hate it. With Lois And Clark the characters had chemistry and Superman seemed like a pure hearted good guy. In this, everyone just seems like a massive dick who put up with each other. Awful show, just awful. More animated Batman please.

Gotham Central has already been said, but I'll say it again anyway because its really the only right answer here :p

Smallville was originally suppose to be a young Bruce Wayne Batman show.
Looking at Smallville, it is bloody awful. Hate it. With Lois And Clark the characters had chemistry and Superman seemed like a pure hearted good guy. In this, everyone just seems like a massive dick who put up with each other. Awful show, just awful. More animated Batman please.

You think Lois and Clark is better than Smallville? Heh heh... well..... okay. :o

A good Batman show should be the anti-Smallville

I know this isn't a casting thread, but If they were a live action Batman TV series, I would love to see it cast like this:

Batman/Bruce Wayne: Joshua Jackson

images

Commissioner Jim Gordon- Bryan Cranston

72019_bryan-cranston-in-breaking-bad.jpg

Alfred Pennyworth- Anthony Stewart Head

82894.jpg

Vicky Vale - Kristen Bell

kristen-bell.jpg

Harvey Dent - Adrian Pasadar

nathan_petrelli_adrian_pasdar.jpg

Reoccurring guest stars

The Joker - Aaron Staton

Picture+4.png

The Penguin - Timothy Spall

images

The Scarecrow - Jason Schwartzman

425-boredtodeath-schwartzman-jason-lc-091409.jpg

The Riddler -
Vincent Kartheiser

pete-kartheiser_l.jpg

Catwoman - Eliza Dushku

elizadushku.jpg

Last edited:
I mentioned Gotham Central in the begining of the thread because i knew so many were going to mention it, as i said before i think that a tv show about Gotham in both the prespective of Bruce Wayne/ Batman and James Gordon could be more interesting.

You don't need to go all over the top with the villain, most episodes could even go the golden age comics road having most of the episodes about down to earth criminals and corrupt cops, with some villains like the Red Hood gang, the riddler, penguin, Poison Ivy and eventually the Joker having some appearances but not appearing in every single episode.

I'd love it if Craig Silverstein was named showrunner of a TV series. He's done an amazing job reviving "Nikita."

Batman.jpg

Please put me back on tv.I could be Smallville's replacement.

I do not think it would work....Gotham Central would though

I'd prefer to see a Bruce Wayne tv series of him traveling the world over the course of the years of his disapearance from Gotham. There's more to it thhan one might think.

there was talk of doing a show like that years ago at the WB....that idea morphed into Smallville

once again, Bats plays second fiddle to Superman

I mentioned Gotham Central in the begining of the thread because i knew so many were going to mention it, as i said before i think that a tv show about Gotham in both the prespective of Bruce Wayne/ Batman and James Gordon could be more interesting.

You don't need to go all over the top with the villain, most episodes could even go the golden age comics road having most of the episodes about down to earth criminals and corrupt cops, with some villains like the Red Hood gang, the riddler, penguin, Poison Ivy and eventually the Joker having some appearances but not appearing in every single episode.

Aye, this is the way to go, if they are going to do it, go all the way, make a full on Batman show.

Gotham Central is a great comic book, but adapted to the tv screen could easily just feel like all the other cop shows we have already had, maybe not even as good as the best of them.
Folk could end up watching it just for the reason of waiting for the super-villans and Batman to make an appearance, as that is all they have to differentiate them, or have over the other cop shows.
So, y'know, if they are going to put that much effort in to realise Gotham city, they would be as well to do it properly. You could still have eps that revolve around the cops like an issue of GC.

Lord said:
i think that this could work with a tv budget, the suit would obviously not be as expensive as the one in the movies but they could still make it pratical.

They can just use the stuff leftover from the movies, they used the SR suit for Smallville, so it's easy enough to use suits and props from all 7 Batman movies(including the third Nolan flick). Hell, they even used footage from Batman Begins for Smallville, using establishing shots of the narrows.

Last edited:
but is an actor going to want to put that on every week and take the physical punishment of lugging the thing around?

Eliza is a crummy actress. She should be 10,000,000 miles away from any project related to Batman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"