One Universe RPG: Season III OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneUniverseRPG

Civilian
Reaction score
oneu3hn4.jpg

"One Universe" banner made by Victor Creed

This RPG is similar to almost all others on Superhero Hype boards, except in this continuity, both the Marvel and DC universes are merged as "One Universe".

In the past year, many new champions of the world have been born. Superman, The Last Son Of Krypton. Batman, The Guardian Of Gotham City. Spider-Man, New York's Webbed Wonder. Daredevil, bad place's Kitchen's Man Without Fear. But just as many threats to mankind have arisen in wake of the heroes' spawning. The heroes' first obstacle came when Oliver Queen's benefit party in Star City was disrupted by The Incredible Hulk. Heroes such as Superman, The Fantastic Four, Batman, and Iron Man found difficulty in defeating the beast, but they eventually won out, setting the seeds for a possible forging of allieances. However, Earth's first superpowered danger on a global scale came in the form of Darkseid, an Apokoliptian ruler bent on enslaving Earth and it's inhabitants. Defeated by Reed Richards and many other of Earth's heroes, Darkseid was encased in another demension. With the heroes having defeated the alien warlord, all seemed well... For a short time. But when General Zod, an insane superpowered Kryptonian survivor with Superman's powers, broke free of The Phantom Zone... All was seemingly lost as the monster wreaked havoc upon America in search of the son of Jor-El. But it was The Flash, Jay Garrick, who won the day by inspiring Superman to fight back, resulting in a collosal battle for the fate of the world. The battle ended with Zod's death at the hands of a kryptonite radiation, and the earth was saved once more. With the heroes having defeated the world's greatest threats, the year came to an end, with the formation of a new, powerful super-team, dedicated to protecting all of mankind; Superpowered or not.

How will the past year affect the present? What dangers will the superheroes oppose as they grow within their roles as Earth's guardians? How many new heroes and villains will emerge?

Welcome to "One Universe", The Marvel and DC Crossover RPG: Season III.

Gamemasters: Wiegeabo, Byrd Man, Keyser Soze
Founded by Logan Howlett
Exiled dictator: Johnny Blaze

RULES
  • You may choose any character from both universes, but no custom or Amalgam characters such as Darkclaw or Super Soldier will be allowed.
  • All characters can interact with each other, it is the same universe.
  • Characters from alternate time lines are allowed but must be approved.
  • No Killing. Unnamed, faceless NPC's may be killed, but not major characters, or taken characters. Someone else may want to take up the character, or they may be important to another story.
  • You can go anywhere within the galaxy except planets already known to be destroyed, such as Krypton, although if you have the ability you may visit the ruins or asteroids.
  • You are your character, so act like it. Talk like them, use their dialouge. Do not exaggerate your powers, or pop-up here and there without explanation. BE Your character.
  • Several stories can be going at once, and you have the freedom to interact with other characters.
  • You must post at least once every two weeks, though it is preferred that you post more. If you go two weeks without a post without prior notice, your character is up for grabs.
  • Be serious, no slander, or impractical actions from your character. Example; "I found a crystal and now I own the world! You're all my slaves!"
  • Due to this being the third season, certain characters may be reserved for a certain player. If a character is applied for, and it is reserved, a gamemaster will tell you.
  • Due to inactivity and uncertainty, all players from the previous season will have to re-apply for their character(s). You may copy/paste posts from Season one to use as sample posts. However, you will still have to re-apply with the new applications.
  • And of course, all regular rules of the Hype apply.
  • Have fun.
_______________​

Be anyone you want to be!

___

To apply for a character, please fill out the application below:

"One Universe" RPG SEASON III SIGN-UP FORM

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play:

Powers:

Brief biography of the character's history:

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character:

What can you bring to this game?:

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 5 paragraphs long and contain at least 3 line of dialogue):

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?:

___

ROSTER - Current as of 12/15/08. Official list of available characters in following posts.

HEROES

ouhroster22.gif

WALKING THE LINE

None at this time

VILLAINS

ouvroster20.gif

* = Two character player

* = Player on notice.
These are people who have posted below or on the 7 post mark and/or have been absent from game play a week or longer.
After another week they will be taken off the roster and they can re-apply for their character again.

New to RPGing?

Last edited:
CHARACTER LIST: HEROES
For those of you finding it difficult coming up with a hero to play, here's a list of available characters still available to choose from.

DC Heroes
Adam Strange
Amazing Man
Animal Man
Aquaman
Aztek
Batgirl
Big Barda
Black Lightning
Blue Beetle
Blue Devil
Booster Gold
Brainiac 5 (Legionnaire)
Bronze Tiger
Captain Atom
Captain Marvel
Catwoman
Chameleon Boy (Legionnaire)
Cosmic Boy (Legionnaire)
Creeper
Crimson Avenger
Cyborg
Deadman
The Demon (Jason Blood)
Detective Chimp
Director Bones
Dove
Dr. Mid-Nite
Dream Girl (Legionnaire)
Enchantress
Element Lad (Legionnaire)
Elongated Man
Faith
Fire
Firehawk
Firestorm
Flash (Wally West)
Fury (Lyta Hall)
Green Arrow
The Guardian
Parallax (Hal Jordan, Herald of Galactus)
Guy Gardner
Hawk
Hawkgirl
Hawkman
Hawkwoman
Hitman
Hourman
Human Bomb
Huntress
Ice
Invisible Kid (Legionnaire)
Jade
J.J. Thunder
Johnny Thunder
Karate Kid (Legionnaire)
Katana
Kid Eternity
Lightning Lass (Legionnaire)
Lightning Lad (Legionnaire)
Manhunter
Manitou Raven
Martian Manhunter
Mary Marvel
Metamorpho
Mr. Miracle
Mr. Terrific
Nightmaster
Nightshade
Orion
Phantom Girl (Legionnaire)
Plastic Man
Power Girl
The Question
Ragman
Raven
The Ray
Red Star
Resurrection Man
Richard Dragon
Rip Hunter
Rocket Red
Sand
Sandman (Wesley Dodds)
Saturn Girl (Legionnaire)
Shadow Lass (Legionnaire)
Shining Knight
Silver Sorceress
Star-Spangled Kid
Starfire
Starman
Steel
S.T.R.I.P.E.
Swamp Thing
Tempest
Tigorr (Omega Men)
Timber Wolf (Legionnaire)
Triplicate Girl (Legionnaire)
Ultra Boy (Legionnaire)
Uncle Sam
Vigilante
Vixen
Waverider
Wildcat
Witchfire
Wonder Woman
Zatanna
Zauriel

Marvel Heroes
3-D Man
Adam Warlock
Angel
Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
Balder the Brave
Banshee
Beast
Black Bolt
Black Cat
Black Knight (Dane Whitman)
Black Panther
Black Widow
Blade
Blink
Captain America
Cannonball
Captain Britain
Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)
Cloak
Colossus
Corsair
Crystal
Cyclops
Dagger
Daimon Hellstrom
Danielle Moonstar
Darkhawk
Dazzler
Deathlok
Devil Slayer
Doc Samson
Dr. Druid
Elektra
Dr. Henry Pym
Drax the Destroyer
Falcon
Fandral the Dashing
Firebird
Firelord
Forge
Gamora
Guardian (Alpha Flight)
Havok
Hawkeye
Hercules
Hulk
Hogun the Grim
Ikaris (Eternal)
Invisible Woman
Iron Fist
Iron Lad (future character/possible Legionnaire?)
Jack of Hearts
Lady Sif
Longshot
Machine Man
Magma
Makkari (Eternal)
Mantis
Marvel Girl (Jean Grey)
Marvel Girl (Rachel Summers) (future character/possible Legionnaire?)
Medusa
Moon Knight
Morph
Mr. Fantastic
Multiple Man
Namorita
Nick Fury
Night Thrasher
Nova
Nova (Frankie Raye)
Pip the Troll
Professor X
Psylocke
Puck
Quasar
Quicksilver
Rogue
Rom the Space Knight
Sasquatch
Scarlet Witch
Scourge of the Underworld
Sentry
Sersi (Eternal)
Shang-Chi
Shaman
Shatterstar
Silver Sable
Silver Surfer
Sleepwalker
Snowbird
Speedball
Spider-Man
Storm
Strong Guy
Sunfire
Sunspot
Swordsman
Thena (Eternal)
The Thing
Thor Girl (possible Legionnaire?)
Thunderbird
Tigra
Union Jack
Valkyrie
Vindicator
Volstagg the Enormous
War Machine
Wasp
Werewolf by Night
White Tiger
Wolfsbane

Last edited:
CHARACTER LIST: VILLAINS
For those of you finding it difficult coming up with a villain to play, here's a list of characters still available to choose from.

DC Villains
Amazo
Ares
Asmodel
Atomic Skull
Black Alice
Black Manta
Blackrock
Brother Blood
Captain Boomerang
Captain Cold
Captain Nazi
Cheshire
Cheetah
Cobalt Blue
Copperhead
Count Vertigo
Darkseid
David Cain
Deadline
Dr. Alchemy
Dr. Destiny
Dr. Light
Dr. Polaris
Dr. Psycho
Drakon
Eclipso
Evil Star
Fatality
Felix Faust
Floronic Man
Gentleman Ghost
Heat Wave
Hector Hammond
Icicle
Johnny Sorrow
The Key
Killer Frost
Kobra
Lady Shiva
Livewire
Madam Rouge
Major Force
Manchester Black
Mirror Master
Merlyn
Metallo
Mongul
Mordru
Morgaine Le Fey
Mr. Mxyzptlk
Ocean Master
The Parasite
Pied Piper
Poison Ivy
Prometheus
Psycho Pirate
Queen Bee
Queen of Fables
Ra's Al Ghul
Replikon
Riot
Roulette
Sabbac
Savitar
Shade
Shadow-Thief
Silver Banshee
Sinestro
Solomon Grundy
Spirit King
Starro the Star Conqueror
Star Sapphire
Tattooed Man
The Top
Toy Man
Trickster
Ultra-Humanite
Vandal Savage
Weather Wizard
Whisper A'Daire

Marvel Villains
Abomination
Absorbing Man
Annihilus
Arcade
Apocalypse
Avalanche
Baron Mordo
Baron Strucker
Baron Zemo
Blackheart
Black Tarantula
Black Tom
Blastaar
Blob
Chameleon
Count Nefaria
Crimson Dynamo
Crossbones
Deathbird
Dovos the Devistator
Diablo
Dormammu
Dracula
Emma Frost
Enchantress
Fabian Cortez
Fin Fang Foom
Fixer
The Ghost
Gladiator (Melvin Potter)
Gray Gargoyle
Grim Reaper
Hammerhead
Immortus
Impossible Man
Jigsaw
Juggernaut
Kang the Conqueror
Kingpin
Klaw
Kraven the Hunter
The Leader
The Lizard
Loki
Mad Thinker
The Magus
Maelstrom
Malekith the Accursed
The Mandarin
Mastermind
Matthew Risman
Midnight Sun
MODOK
Mojo
Mole Man
Molecule Man
Morg
Mysterio
Mystique
Omega Red
The Owl
Paibok the Power Skrull
Psycho-Man
Puppet Master
Purple Man
Pyro
Radioactive Man
The Red Skull
Rhino
Ronan the Accuser
The Rose
The Russian
Sandman
Sebastian Shaw
Sauron
Scarecrow
Shadow King
Silver Samurai
Speed Demon
Spymaster
Super Skrull
Taskmaster
Terrax
Thanos
Titanium Man
Typhoid Mary
Ulik
Ultron
Vulture
Wendigo
Whirlwind
Wizard
Wrecker

Last edited:
I like how you guys provided this time around who hasn't been touched at all. :up:

Screen Name: Byrd Man

Character you would like to play: Richard John "Dick" Grayson/Robin, The Boy Wonder

Powers:
None. But Grayson is an exceptional acrobat, a result of training with his family in Haly's Circus since boyhood. Since undergoing training with his new mentor and guardian, Bruce Wayne, these skills have only improved, aswell as Grayson's hand to hand combat knowledge and keen detective intellect, almost rivaling Wayne's own, if not one of the best of his age.

Working as a travelling circus acrobat for "The Flying Graysons" trapeze act with his mother and father, Dick Grayson's life was put to a catastrophic halt as his parents, while performing at Oliver Queen's mansion for a private show, were killed when the rampaging beast known as The Incredible Hulk interfered. Feeling sympathy for the boy's newly orphaned state, particularly because of how his own parents were shot down infront of him at a young age, Bruce Wayne took the orphaned Grayson and adopted him, making his new home in the corrupted Gotham City. Though Wayne was an exceptional guardian in most respects, Grayson began to question his late night absences, until he finally discovered the truth: Wayne was, in actuality, The Batman, a cape and cowled vigilante fighting for justice within Gotham. Wanting to help his new guardian in the fight, a result of feeling his parents were also taken away by the evil's of the world, Grayson became Batman's protege and crimefighting partner...Robin, The Boy Wonder.

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

1. I play Nightwing over in the DC RPG and a future Robin in the DC: New Age RPG, but the chance to play the original Robin during his beginning is too good to pass.

2. I've been told by a few people (one) that I seem to write Nightwing well enough, but I want to see how well I write the real Robin and try to show his journey from Boy Wonder to his own man.

3. With the talk of The Titans forming in Season III, who else is gonna butt heads with Spidey over the team's direction? Plus, I get to interact and butt heads with Wieg's awesome Batman.

What can you bring to this game?: A pretty decent writer who loves all things Batman related...except War Games *Shudders*

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Tahoma, Red, and Bold for Robin Unbold it for Dick.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As much as possible

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least 1 line of dialogue):

Tonight was a quiet night, I only stopped a few muggings, two armed robberies, one grand theft, and a attempted arson.​

I sit on a rooftop facing the Gotham Police Department. Bruce has a few bugs in the department, and I use them to hear some news. Apparently, Harvey Dent is gonna be named District Attorney permanently. That's good news, Bruce has worked with him before. He's a good man who wants justice. Bruce believes in Harvey Dent, and so do I.​

"Master Dick."

Alfred chimes in to my ear as I walk towards the roof's edge.​

"What's wrong, Alfred?"

"It's almost day break. You best be returning."

I shoot a grapnel line off into the distance and swing off the roof. The sun starts to peak over the horizon as I fly through the air.​

It's been two years since my parents died, in that time I've helped saved the world, been kidnapped by a deranged arabian terrorist, met mutants, and fought a killer clown. While I miss my parents everyday, I wouldn't trade my new life for anything in the world.​

I'm Richard Grayson, Dick Grayson for short. Former member of the World Famous Flying Graysons, son to John and Mary Grayson, and ward to Bruce Wayne. But you might know me by another name.​

Batman11.jpg

Robin, The Boy Wonder.

And...

Screen Name:Byrd Man

Character you would like to play: Clark Kent/Superman

Powers: Superman posesses the ability of flight, x-ray vision, heat vision, artic breath, super strength, endurance, super speed, and super hearing.

When the advanced civilisation of the planet known as Krypton was put into danger, it's top scientist rocketed his only son off the planet in a desperate attempt to preserve the dying race. Landing on Earth, the craft that carried the infant was found by a loving farming couple. Renamed Clark Kent, the boy grew up in Smallville, Kansas, where he discovered that he had abilities far beyond those of normal men. Told of his heritage many years later, the boy set out on a worldwide quest for answers, while discreetly using his powers to help other people. Taking up journalism while on his venture, Clark eventually returned to the US, and applied for a job at the top newspaper in the world: The Daily Planet, of Metropolis. Getting the job, Clark soon learned that he had a need to continue on with helping other people with his otherworldly abilities. The Kents, sewing him a costume and helping him invent a mild mannered persona with a pair of thick glasses, watched as their son left Smallville to persue his career in journalism. When moving to Metropolis, Clark encountered Lois Lane, the top reporter of the Daily Planet. But during an assignment covering Lex Luthor and Wilson Fisk's company merging, Clark was forced to reveal his new identity to the world, and thus, a hero was born. Dubbed "Superman" by Lane, Clark now continues to lead a double life of secrecy, both as the mild mannered reporter, and Champion of Tommorow

1. When I was little, Superman was never really up their in my favorite hero list. All that changed when I saw S:TAS and Superman the movie.

2. I was floored when MB offered me the role. I mean, he's what you think about when you think hero. I played Clark once before, but now I get to play Clark in tights and the whole leaping tall building schtick.

3. Cause he's Superman, his symbol is know throughout the world as a showing of strength.

What can you bring to this game?: What do you want? Money? Women?......Men?

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: The classic fontss for Clark and Superman

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as needed.

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least 1 line of dialogue):

Space

It's nine o' clock in Metropolis, so that means I'm in my usal spot this time of night, a few hundred miles above Earth, looking down as the planet slowly spins through the darkness of space.

My mind goes back to Jor-El, my biological father, and the message that he sent with me to Earth.

"They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way."

I didn't ask to be the savior of a whole planet, but when the weight of the world is on you shoulders there's only one thing you can do, plant your feet.

"For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."

My mind comes back to the present, as I hear an explosion somewhere down on Earth, it's in Peru from the looks of it.

In the blink of an eye, I'm gone from space, rocketing down towards Peru and whatever disaster is happening.

I can't help but smile a dopey smile as I mumble underneath my breath something I've only said a few times.

"This looks like a job....for Superman."

SupermanReturnsThePrequels.jpg

Why does the first post still say Season II? Apps up shortly...

Screen Name: wiegeabo

Character you would like to play: Bruce Wayne/Batman

Powers: No powers. But years of training his mind and body to human perfection, and the resources of a billionaire, have made him into a crime fighter and the world's greatest detective.

Brief biography of the character's history: After witnessing his parent's murders, Bruce swore that no one would have to go through what he did. He traveled the world, training his mind and body for years so that he may return home and take Gotham back from the crime that had infested it.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: Firstly, it's Batman. C'mon, isn't that enough. Secondly, I have a number of plans for Bruce, including some great surprises. And after exploring the super heroic side last season, I think it's time to get a little down to earth and start exploring the detective side of his work.

And, maybe, actually give Bruce a life?!

What can you bring to this game?: More than a season's worth of playing the character and integrating him into aspects of both DC and Marvel histories. Some big adventures are heading Bruce's way, and maybe some things he can't handle on his own. It should be an interesting season, to say the least.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Bruce Wayne (thinking) / Batman (thinking)

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as needed, but at least once every day or two as time permits. I usually do more when the game gets fast paced.

I just stand there, my mouth open, my brain refusing to do anything.

Elektra stands there in just smiles. My heartbeat jumps up. "Um, hi?" I say, clumsily.

She laughs a little. "I know it's been a while since we saw each other at the benefit, but I wanted to stop by. See how you were doing. Just keep in touch."

"Keep in touch...right." My brain has short circuited. Come on Bruce, think.

"So, how have you been," she asks, a questioning look in her eyes.

God dammit Bruce, THINK! And finally my brain decides to kick back into gear. That easy playboy smile spreading on my face. "I've been fine, Elektra." I move out of the way and gesture. "Please, come in. Let's talk."

"I'd like that," she smiles. God, what a smile. She steps inside.

"Me too..."

BatmanI_Wayne.jpg

Screen Name: Byrd Man

Character you would like to play: Richard John "Dick" Grayson/Robin, The Boy Wonder

Powers:
None. But Grayson is an exceptional acrobat, a result of training with his family in Haly's Circus since boyhood. Since undergoing training with his new mentor and guardian, Bruce Wayne, these skills have only improved, aswell as Grayson's hand to hand combat knowledge and keen detective intellect, almost rivaling Wayne's own, if not one of the best of his age.

Working as a travelling circus acrobat for "The Flying Graysons" trapeze act with his mother and father, Dick Grayson's life was put to a catastrophic halt as his parents, while performing at Oliver Queen's mansion for a private show, were killed when the rampaging beast known as The Incredible Hulk interfered. Feeling sympathy for the boy's newly orphaned state, particularly because of how his own parents were shot down infront of him at a young age, Bruce Wayne took the orphaned Grayson and adopted him, making his new home in the corrupted Gotham City. Though Wayne was an exceptional guardian in most respects, Grayson began to question his late night absences, until he finally discovered the truth: Wayne was, in actuality, The Batman, a cape and cowled vigilante fighting for justice within Gotham. Wanting to help his new guardian in the fight, a result of feeling his parents were also taken away by the evil's of the world, Grayson became Batman's protege and crimefighting partner...Robin, The Boy Wonder.

1. I play Nightwing over in the DC RPG and a future Robin in the DC: New Age RPG, but the chance to play the original Robin during his beginning is too good to pass.

2. I've been told by a few people (one) that I seem to write Nightwing well enough, but I want to see how well I write the real Robin and try to show his journey from Boy Wonder to his own man.

3. With the talk of The Titans forming in Season III, who else is gonna butt heads with Spidey over the team's direction? Plus, I get to interact and butt heads with Wieg's awesome Batman.

What can you bring to this game?: A pretty decent writer who loves all things Batman related...except War Games *Shudders*

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Tahoma, Red, and Bold for Robin Unbold it for Dick.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As much as possible

Tonight was a quiet night, I only stopped a few muggings, two armed robberies, one grand theft, and a attempted arson.​

I sit on a rooftop facing the Gotham Police Department. Bruce has a few bugs in the department, and I use them to hear some news. Apparently, Harvey Dent is gonna be named District Attorney permanently. That's good news, Bruce has worked with him before. He's a good man who wants justice. Bruce believes in Harvey Dent, and so do I.​

"Master Dick."

Alfred chimes in to my ear as I walk towards the roof's edge.​

"What's wrong, Alfred?"

"It's almost day break. You best be returning."

I shoot a grapnel line off into the distance and swing off the roof. The sun starts to peak over the horizon as I fly through the air.​

It's been two years since my parents died, in that time I've helped saved the world, been kidnapped by a deranged arabian terrorist, met mutants, and fought a killer clown. While I miss my parents everyday, I wouldn't trade my new life for anything in the world.​

I'm Richard Grayson, Dick Grayson for short. Former member of the World Famous Flying Graysons, son to John and Mary Grayson, and ward to Bruce Wayne. But you might know me by another name.​

Batman11.jpg

Robin, The Boy Wonder.

And...

Screen Name:Byrd Man

Character you would like to play: Clark Kent/Superman

Powers: Superman posesses the ability of flight, x-ray vision, heat vision, artic breath, super strength, endurance, super speed, and super hearing.

When the advanced civilisation of the planet known as Krypton was put into danger, it's top scientist rocketed his only son off the planet in a desperate attempt to preserve the dying race. Landing on Earth, the craft that carried the infant was found by a loving farming couple. Renamed Clark Kent, the boy grew up in Smallville, Kansas, where he discovered that he had abilities far beyond those of normal men. Told of his heritage many years later, the boy set out on a worldwide quest for answers, while discreetly using his powers to help other people. Taking up journalism while on his venture, Clark eventually returned to the US, and applied for a job at the top newspaper in the world: The Daily Planet, of Metropolis. Getting the job, Clark soon learned that he had a need to continue on with helping other people with his otherworldly abilities. The Kents, sewing him a costume and helping him invent a mild mannered persona with a pair of thick glasses, watched as their son left Smallville to persue his career in journalism. When moving to Metropolis, Clark encountered Lois Lane, the top reporter of the Daily Planet. But during an assignment covering Lex Luthor and Wilson Fisk's company merging, Clark was forced to reveal his new identity to the world, and thus, a hero was born. Dubbed "Superman" by Lane, Clark now continues to lead a double life of secrecy, both as the mild mannered reporter, and Champion of Tommorow

1. When I was little, Superman was never really up their in my favorite hero list. All that changed when I saw S:TAS and Superman the movie.

2. I was floored when MB offered me the role. I mean, he's what you think about when you think hero. I played Clark once before, but now I get to play Clark in tights and the whole leaping tall building schtick.

3. Cause he's Superman, his symbol is know throughout the world as a showing of strength.

What can you bring to this game?: What do you want? Money? Women?......Men?

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: The classic fontss for Clark and Superman

Space

It's nine o' clock in Metropolis, so that means I'm in my usal spot this time of night, a few hundred miles above Earth, looking down as the planet slowly spins through the darkness of space.

My mind goes back to Jor-El, my biological father, and the message that he sent with me to Earth.

"They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way."

I didn't ask to be the savior of a whole planet, but when the weight of the world is on you shoulders there's only one thing you can do, plant your feet.

"For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."

My mind comes back to the present, as I hear an explosion somewhere down on Earth, it's in Peru from the looks of it.

In the blink of an eye, I'm gone from space, rocketing down towards Peru and whatever disaster is happening.

I can't help but smile a dopey smile as I mumble underneath my breath something I've only said a few times.

"This looks like a job....for Superman."

SupermanReturnsThePrequels.jpg

Accepted! :up:

"One Universe" RPG SEASON II SIGN-UP FORM

Screen Name:Matt Murdock

Character you would like to play: Mathew Murdock AKA Daredevil

Powers: Murdock was blinded as a youth when his eyes came into contact with high levels of radioactive waste. The waste essentially "short-circuited" his optic nerve, permanently blinding the boy. However, his other four senses (touch, taste, smell, and hearing for those of you who didn't pass fourth grade the first few times) function at unparalleled levels. The muscles in his body grew stronger, giving him strength and agility comparable to that of an Olympic grade athlete. His sense of smell was heightened to primal levels, allowing him to track people and gain perceptions of the world around him that others couldn't imagine. His sense of taste was made more acute, granting him the ability to feel subtle changes in temperature. Lastly, Murdock's sense of hearing has given him superhuman balance. He can climb across any surface and, while hearing wind currents, can "see" the events happening before him using echolocation.

"Matt, Elektra, and Bruce all trained under Stick for a while as teenagers. There was sort of a love triangle going on. After Bruce left, they didn't see each other again until Oliver Queen's party last year. Matt and Bruce figured out they're Batman and DD. Elektra hasn't become an assassin yet and doesn't know about them.

Matt and Elektra rekindled their relationship. But it broke apart after Matt started breaking down (too many hard nights and Foggy finding out who DD is). After Foggy yells at Matt for keeping the secret from him, Matt becomes a bit self destructive and even hits the bottle. While drunk, he and Elektra get into an argument and he hits her. She leaves. And his guilt drives him further down."

~wiegabo :D

Daredevil is possibly my favorite character in the Marvel universe. Forget Spider-Man from now on. Daredevil is just badass.

2. He's by far one of the darker characters in the universe, since there's rarely a happy ending in his stories.

3. Billy club with an attached grappling hook...

Enough said.

A Daredevil whose character is an even split between the hero and the man, the legend and the alter-ego, the vigilante and the attorney.

Matthew Michael Murdock - Arial Black 2
Daredevil - Arial Black 2, Dark Red
How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Oh, you know me... quite a few.

daredevil.jpg

Daredevil - The Man Without Fear
IC: Part I

A new film comes out entitled "bad place's Kitchen."

The main character, Tony Marco, tells a buddy of his:

"We call that place bad place's Kitchen, and sometimes we don't say the word kitchen."

Years later, nothing's changed.

The Kitchen still resonates with fear and decay. A forgotten neighborhood for forgotten people.

People that society has left to stand idly by and watch as life improves and times change.

Damn, the church around this part of town is from
before that movie came out.

To a lot of people, the Church is a symbol of an older generation. Something that needs to be forgotten. In the era of rape, war, and gang violence, the Church is something that needs to be pushed to the wayside.

That's where bad place's Kitchen and the Church first met, alone, yet not isolated, on the side of that big road known as "progress."

People in the Kitchen are dedicated practitioners of "tough love."

I'm no different.

bad place's Kitchen is where I live, both as Matt Murdock and as Daredevil.

Daredevil sat, perched high in the sky on the crucifix attached to the steeple of the Catholic parish in bad place's Kitchen.

Here, he could hear all of the sounds of his district; the place he swore that he would protect.

When I was a boy, my father would make me weed the pathway to our front door in less developed regions of bad place's Kitchen.

I found that for every weed I pulled, three more sprouted up in its place.

To completely eliminate the weed infestation, I would have to work tirelessly for hours, pulling out every single root, digging deep into the earth. Until I found the root that all the others stemmed from.

Criminals are the same.

If you take one or two out, whether through fist or gavel, then your efforts are meaningless.

But, if you can conquer the one who they report to... that is the true prize.

Cicero said it best in "In Catalinam Oratio Prima:"

"
Though there are some men in this senatorial body who either do not see what threatens us, or they dissemble what they do see; those men who have fed the hope of Catiline by mild sentiments, and have strengthened the rising conspiracy by not believing it; those men, influenced by whose authority many, not wicked but ignorant, would say that I had acted cruelly and tyrannically if I punished him by death.

But I know that if he arrives at that Manlian camp to which he is going, there will be no one so stupid as not to see that there has been a conspiracy, no one so hardened as not to confess it.

And if this man alone were put to death, I know that this disease of the republic would be only checked for a while, not eradicated forever. But if he banishes himself, and takes with him all his friends, and collects at one point all the ruined men from every quarter, then not only will this full-grown plague of the republic be extinguished and eradicated, but also the root and seed of all future evils."

To eliminate an evil, you must first collect it all in once place and then, through fear, send it into exile.

The world I live in is not as luxurious as the one that inhabited by Cicero. And, though as my daytime alter ego, I would like to believe that all problems can be solved through eloquence and dignity, that isn't the truth.

The truth is, sometimes you have to get your hands dirty.

Sometimes you have to feel the heat of blood on your skin as you pummel a man to the brink of death.

A siren rang through the night as Daredevil's ears twitched under his mask.

In an elegant maneuver, he leaped from his perch on the cross and into the heart of the beast known as bad place's Kitchen.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:
197090-daredevil_400.jpg

Screen Name: Eddie Brock Jr.

Character you would like to play: Peter Parker/The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Spider-Man

Powers: Peter Parker is naturally intelligent. His IQ rivals any of his peers. After being bitten by a radioactive spider, Peter was granted all the amazing abilities of a spider - namely:
  • Tremendous strength
  • Wall-crawling via adhesion
  • Precognition - affectionately known as 'Spider-Sense'
  • Incredible leaping abilities
  • Lightning-fast reflexes
Peter also used his ingenuity to invent 'web-shooters,' which fire an organic substance similar in consistency and properties of a spider's web.

Brief biography of the character's history: Peter Parker never had an 'easy' life. When he was very little, his parents died. Peter was left in the care of his Uncle Ben and his Aunt May. Peter's incredible intelligence gained him much attention from his teachers - and even more ridicule from his peers. However, Peter did manage to befriend Harry Osborn - son of a wealthy corporate scientist. This did not save him from endless bullying from Eugene "Flash" Thompson.

One day, Peter's life changed forever. He was bitten by a radioactive spider that had escaped from a lab experiment. When Peter awoke the next day, he discovered that he no longer needed his glasses - and he felt incredible. After a handful of mishaps and hours of testing, Peter soon deduced that he had somehow been genetically altered. Where once he was a geek who barely managed to get by in gym class, now he had amazing abilities that no other human could boast of. It became evident to Peter that this change was directly related to the spider.

Peter invented 'web-shooters' to further enhance his arachnid theme. At first, everything seemed wonderful. Peter used his abilities for personal gain and profit. The power would soon go to his head. One day, Pete would have a perfect opportunity to stop a common thief. With his powers, it would take little more than seconds of his time. However, Peter did not feel responsible. He let the robber get away.

Later that night, Uncle Ben was shot down in cold blood. Peter was distraught, and he took off after the killer in a fit of rage. Once Peter had the murderer cornered, he discovered his identity - it was the same man from before. Peter's heart sunk as he realized that he was indirectly responsible for his uncle's death.

While grieving upon Uncle Ben's death, Peter reflected on some of the wisdom Uncle Ben had imparted. One mantra, in particular, stood out in his mind:

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Peter took the saying to heart and dedicated his life to living by it each and every day. Using his stage name - Spider-Man - Peter fought crime as a masked, witty vigilante.

More recently, Peter hasn't been acting himself. The sudden change in personality coincided with the discovery of a new black suit. What Peter doesn't know is that the suit is a living symbiote - created in a lab. The symbiote lives to manipulate aggression and rage - and it sees vast quantities of this in Peter. Now, the symbiote is slowing manipulating Peter - turning him into little more than a puppet.

Peter's greatest foe may be the one that lurks within himself.

1. Spider-Man is my favorite comic character. Nay, scratch that. He's my favorite fictional character - no matter the medium. I see so much of myself in Peter. In a way, I've been writing him for a while (as Ultimate Spider-Woman), but this is a chance to play the pure, unadulterated version in the best time of his life - the early years.

2. This Season (for the first act, at least), the greatest battle lies within. As you can tell by my username, I think a great deal about the Symbiote Saga and the ensuing chaos. There's just something so powerful about the message behind the story. "No matter whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice."

3. Spider-Man thrives in any environment - but even more so in an environment where he can interact with characters from the DC side of comics. It will be interesting to see how Peter interacts with Robin, Supergirl, and the other DC members of the Titans. For that matter, it will be interesting to see how he continues to interact with the League - especially after the events of the Symbiote Saga.

What can you bring to this game?: I love Spider-Man. I can guarantee you that this will be one character where my regularity of posting won't falter. I'm lucky enough to join the ranks of those who have played Spidey in OU and HvV - and I won't dare lose this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity so easily.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Red Comic Sans for Peter/Bold Red Comic Sans for Spider-Man/Dark Red Comic Sans for Symbiote Peter/Bold Dark Red Comic Sans for Symbiote Spider-Man

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: For Spider-Man? I would expect something slightly above the norm - but generally, once is a good baseline.

"How could you fail me so, Peter?"

I turn to see the familiar face of Uncle Ben. My eyes widen - naturally - in shock. How is this possible?

"Uncle Ben?" I call out.

Uncle Ben steps forward, and Aunt May emerges from behind him. There are tears in both their eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask nervously - completely ignoring the fact that I'm talking to my dead uncle.

Uncle Ben shakes his head. "I thought you understood what is most important in life," Ben sighs sorrowfully. "But I was wrong about you, Peter. You never changed."

As I open my mouth to protest, Uncle Ben and Aunt May fade into the darkness. "Hey, Peter," Harry's voice announces from behind me. I turn to see my friend standing with his arms folded.

"Harry?"

"You always were jealous of me, Peter," Harry snarls. There's a maliciousness to his tone that I'm not used to hearing. "I had the looks, the girls, the money. What did you have? You were a nerdy orphan who got picked on every day of your life. I have everything you want - even--"

"Gwen!"

Gwen emerges from the shadows and wraps her arms around Harry. She gives me a cold stare while stating, "I'd never want to be with you, Peter. Did you honestly think that you ever stood a chance with a girl like me? I have Harry - what more could I want?"

I don't understand. How is Uncle Ben alive? Why does everyone seem so upset with me? As these questions rage in my mind, the images of Gwen and Harry dissipate.

For a moment, there is silence. Finally, I anxiously call out, "Hello?"

"I was right about you, kid. The others should never have trusted you."

"Batman?"

"You're just an irresponsible brat," Batman growls. "Look at what you caused."

Suddenly, the darkness surrounding us transforms into the horrifying sight of New York lying in ruins. Batman says and does nothing as I allow the images to sink into my brain.

"How did this happen? Where did I go wrong?"

"I'm ashamed in you, Spider-Man," the normally comforting voice of Superman reprimands. Sure enough, when I turn around, Superman has joined Batman. Both of them look at me in disgust. I'm used to it from Batman, but it hurts coming from Superman. I thought he believed in me! "I thought Batman was simply being paranoid, but he knew that you would fail us."

Fail them? How did I fail them? What happened to New York?!

"Aha! Look at this! Undeniable proof that Spider-Man is a menace!" J. Jonah Jameson barks. I watch as he marches through the ruins to confront me. "Brock? BROCK! Are you getting this?"

"Right behind you, boss," the voice of Eddie Brock replies. A bright light temporarily blinds me as I realize that it is the flash of Eddie's camera. "Didn't I warn you about Spider-Man?"

"Once tomorrow's paper is published, the whole world will know the truth about the Wall-Crawler! Make sure you get a good shot of his reaction, Brock!"

I'm completely overwhelmed. Won't someone explain what is going on?!

The images of Batman and Superman, Jonah and Brock, and New York City fade away. In their place are two people that I never expected to see.

"Mom? Dad?" I cry out. There they are - my parents standing right in front of me. As they smile at me, I run towards them. But no matter how hard I run, they always seem to be just beyond my reach. "Guys, please tell me that you're not upset with me! Please tell me that you're proud of who I've become!"

They say nothing. Instead, they stand there with those warm smiles. I reach out to grab them, but before I can, there is an explosion. When I regain focus, my parents have been obliterated. The Green Goblin hovers over the site.

"I will destroy everything you hold dear, Spider-Man! HAHAHAHAHA!"

"NOOOOOOO!!!!"

I spring up in bed - drenched in a cold sweat. It was all one big, terrifying dream. The nightmare has completely disheveled me. I sit up in my bed and examine the clock. It's 4:07 in the morning. I peer out my window into the darkness of the night.

I get up from the bed - my head aching from that terrible dream. I make my way over to the chair, where my black suit waits. I know that as soon as I put it on, I will instantly feel better. Right now, I need that quick fix - I need some fresh air.

That's it, Peter. Just let me handle your problems. A nice midnight swing will help ease your troubles.

Breathing deeply, I allow the suit to overtake me. And suddenly, all of my fears seem vanquishable.

It won't be long now. The Master is giving in to his impulses - to his instincts. His fears and anxiety can be manipulated into rage and aggression. The bonding process will be complete very soon. Until then, I must continue to provide The Master with a sense of comfort.

Soon, control of his body will be mine.
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=13944942&postcount=2158

040506%20Spiderman%203%20.jpg

I'll get my Supergirl application up tomorrow. I just happened to have Spidey pre-typed. :cwink:

Screen Name:Carnage27

Character you would like to play:Kurt Wagner/The Incredible Nightcrawler

Powers:Teleportation, superhuman agility and dexterity, master fencer, skilled gymnast

Brief biography of the character's history:In OU Kurt's adopted circus family was killed when Oswald Cobblepot and his goons captured him and planned to sell him as a mutant slave. He was saved by Wolverine and Batman, and was sent to Xavier's school. After Galactus's attack Professor X sent him to Gotham to observe the city. There he ended up helping Batman and Harvey Dent save Dent's wife from the Scarecrow and Electro. Afterwards he discovered Cobblepot's true identity as a mutant, and set off to bring down the penguin and his entire slave operation.

1) I played him last season
2)I have some big plans coming up in this next season

I feel like I have a good understanding of the character, and I feel like I can really play up his swashbuckling nature this time around.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:Arial Narrow

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:As many times as needed per day. Hopefully at least once a day.

The nightmares haven't stopped for months, and tonight isn't any different. That horrible, penguin-like man is standing over me and laughing. He points his umbrella to my temple and I wake up screaming.

I shake of the last fits of fear by saying my morning, well in this case midnight, prayers and head out into the scum that is a Gotham City night, and start the hunt for more clues that will lead me to Oswald Cobblepot.

I've found out very little in my search so far. Only that he's been attacking shipments from Wayne Enterprises and other weapons and gadget manufactures in order to capture and contain mutants more easily.

As I scale along the Gotham building walls I see a Luthor Corp. truck pull into an adjacent alley, and three thugs follow from right below me.

BAMF

I teleport on top of the semi as one of the hoodlums knocks the driver out cold with a haymaker.

"Now, now, zat isn't very nice. Vhy don't you play vith somebody who really knows how to tango!"

BAMF

In a flash I'm next to two of the thugs, and it's time to go to work.
nightcrawler.jpg

Doc Ock app will be up tomorrow hopefully. Does anybody know what he's been up to in OU? I know he fought Spidey and Bats.

Ok, I figured that sleep could wait. :yay:

Screen Name: Eddie Brock Jr.

Character you would like to play: Kara Zor-El
/Supergirl

Powers:
Flight, x-ray vision, heat vision, arctic breath, superstrength, endurance, superspeed, and super hearing.

Brief biography of the character's history: Kara is the daughter of Zor-El, Jor-El's brother. This makes her Kal-El's older cousin. When Jor-El predicted the end of Krypton, Zor-El reluctantly listened. Both brothers went to work creating spaceships to save their children. Kara was supposed to watch over Kal-El, but her ship was trapped in debris blasted away from Krypton. All systems shut down, and Kara was placed into suspended animation. When Galactus' mighty ship, Taa II, raced towards Earth, it dislodged Kara's ship and sent it back on its course. After crashing, Kara was found and retrieved by the Fantastic Four.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: Well, if you can't have Superman...no, I kid. Kara is, in and of herself, a very interesting character. She was supposed to be the role model for Kal, but now the tables have turned - and, at times, Kara doesn't appreciate not being the authority figure. She's still learning the ropes, and there are a lot of interesting dynamics to try with her in this universe.

What can you bring to this game?: ash-kicking in miniskirts?

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Bold Royal Blue Franklin Gothic Medium

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as I see fit.

I'm so lost! What have I gotten myself into? I've totally lost my cool, and - therefore - all control over my situation. I'm running wildly with no destination in mind. I can't even take care of myself - how does Father expect me--

WHAM!

Suddenly, I run into something - something that I can't see. As I fall backwards, all of my momentum screeches to a halt. I lie motionless in the sand as I wonder about what just happened. Flaming people, invisible walls...what kind of strange, mystical world have I fallen into?

"Remember me?" I hear someone say. I turn to see the Flaming Man - except he's not flaming right now. When he's not spontaneously combusting, he actually resembles a Kryptonian. As I look, I see three other aliens approaching. Two of them look like Kryptonians, too. The other - well - he's a peculiar sight.

"Johnny, she doesn't understand you," the other male says. Is he talking to me? I feel so overwhelmed! <"I don't _no_ mu__ Kryptonese, but __ you come ____ me - I can t_ke you to s__eon_ who d__s.">

He's speaking Kryptonese! Well, mostly, anyway. Is he a Kryptonian? I doubt it - because then he would be fluent, wouldn't he? In any case, he's clearly trying to communicate.

"What did you just say?" the female says.

"I'm not sure...that was my first attempt at actually speaking Kryptonese. Until now, I've only read it."

<"Do you know about Krypton? Have you seen a small child of Kryptonian descent?">

"She's talking!" Flaming Man says.

"What'd she say, Reed?"

"I couldn't understand most of it, but she definitely mentioned Krypton. <Please, come ___ me. We don't w_nt to hu__ you.>"

I still can't understand a lot of his Kryptonese, but it's enough to satisfy me for now. Perhaps, in time, we can bridge the language barrier. Until now, he's the best I've got. And so, I decide to go with him - for now.

But in the back of my mind, I know what I must do. I was sent here for a reason, and as soon as I'm comfortable with this planet, I will go search for the one - my cousin.

"Kal-El."

<> - Translated from Kryptonese

6nw35v.jpg

Viola!

Screen Name: Blacklight

Character you would like to play: Green Lantern Kyle Rayner

Powers: Energy-based constructs, flight, various other abilities

Kyle Rayner was a struggling-but-gifted freelance graphic artist. He lived and worked in Los Angeles initially, but recently moved to New York City. After Hal Jordan launched the last GL rings after the destruction of Oa, Rayner was found by one the last GL power rings, the powerful weapon wielded by each Green Lantern that allows them to conjure any form of matter or energy through sheer force of will. The ring's reasons for choosing Kyle to bear itself have never been made completely apparent, aside from Rayner having been in the right place at the right time.

1. He's a GL.

2. We need an active GL.

3. I already play a Marvel, so I want to play a DC now.

Green Trebuchet MS Bold

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:
As many as possible

You ever wish that you would be meant for something more. Destined for greatness. I always wished it myself. I want to help people. Like Superman and Captain America, but all I did for humanity was make billboard signs. I wanted something more. Hoping that someday, I could make a difference, and a few days ago...

I got that chance.

Three Days Ago...

I was strolling along the Central Park trees in New York City. I had just moved here from LA about a week ago. I needed some change (not to mention my girlfriend leaving me). It was so peaceful though, just walking and looking at the stars. Not even paying attention to the ground below me...

"Oof! What the bad place!?!"

Spitting dirt out of my mouth, I had looked around to see what had happened. The ground was above my head. I must've fallen in a ditch, but as I stood back up, a mysterious green light started to shine. I was intrigued. When I began to approach the source of the light's emittance, it grew brighter and brighter. The light. It came from a ring... A green ring with a lantern engraved in it's center. I hesitated as I was trying to decide whether to put it on or not. I didn't want to explode, but what if it could cure my body of diseases or something cool like that. I'm not much of a risk-taker, so I think I'll take a risk now. I slipped the ring on my finger and a strange suit atrted to cover my body. I started to to think it was gonna eat me. It stopped at my neck and a mask took shape on my face. Then the ring started to glow and a green hologram of a man started to talk to me.

"Hello. If you are in posession of this ring, you are a new member of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps. My name is Hal Jordan..."

"Who are you?"

It didn't respond. It's like it was a answering machine recording.

"...The ring you are currently wearing on your finger is one of the most powerful weapons in the universe. It will allow you to fly, levitae objects and create solid light constructs of anything you can think of. It chose you for a reason. It will be able to help you learn to control the abilities it has bestowed upon you and help you track down any intergalactic criminals in your sector. In case I'm not alive, a villain named Galactus is on it's way to Earth to devour the planet. You must stop him at all costs. It is your duty as a Green Lantern to do so. If you don't all hope is lost. Good luck, and may god be with us all."

Then the hologram dissapated, but the ring continued to talk.

"Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps., Kyle Rayner of Earth."

"Intergalactic cop, eh? I could get use to this."

35235-kyle-rayner_400.jpg

Screen Name: Blacklight

Character you would like to play: Deadpool

Powers: Healing factor. Enhanced agility, stamina and strength. Teleporter Belt. Lots of weapons.

Nicknamed the "Merc with a Mouth", Deadpool is a high-tech mercenary known for his wisecracks, black humor, and satirical pop-culture references. Like the X-Men'sWolverine, Deadpool is the product of the Canadian government's paramilitary Weapon X program, although his place of birth is unknown. After Weapon X cured his terminal cancer by implementing a regenerative "healing factor" extracted from Wolverine, Deadpool is left disfigured and mentally unstable. Now he's still a mercenary, but kills only people who deserve it. He's definately the perfect "Walking the line" type character.

1. Deadpool is an awesome character to play as.

2. In my opinion, playing Deadpool has way more freedoms in RPing than most others.

3. I think playing a comedic character like Deadpool could be a great way to improve my writing skills.

What can you bring to this game?: Comic Awareness, and lot's of good stories.

Red Franklin Gothic bold for speaking.
Crimson Franklin Gothic Bold out when he breaks the 4th Wall.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: A few.

"Oh, Billy! Come out and play!" said the Mercenary Wade Wilson, also known as Deadpool, as he was chasing his target down a hallway. The man tried to get away, but tripped on a vase, and fell on his back. Deadpool then approached him.

"So would you like the katana..." Deadpool said pulling out his sword "...or the machine-pistol for your entree?" He finished as he took out his gun.

"How did you get in my house!?!"

"I don't really remember... Probably either my teleporter belt or the magic hamburger in my pocket."

"Teleporter belt?" The man inquiried.

"Yeah. The were on sale at Best Buy. Man this guy is dense. He needs to get with the times." He whspered.

"You're insane!" the man screamed.

"No i'm not! I'm mentally unstable. There's a difference! Now you hurt my feelings..."

Then Deadpool clicked his gun and aimed.

"Time for an awesome picture!"

deadpool9zo.jpg

BANG!!

Blood dripped through the hole in the man's forehead, and Deadpool smirked under his mask.

Whoah, whoah, whoah! Deadpool! What the f*** did you do!?!

"I killed him."

Why!?! You're a hero!

"No I'm not. I'm 'Walking the line'. It says so at the top of your application." then Wade pointed up.

Really? Oh. I guess so. Must've forgot. Oh well. But next time, use the katana. It's way cooler.

"No! I don't wanna!" He whined like a child.

Deadpool....

"No! I'll use the gun, just because you told me to use the sword.:oldrazz: "

Don't use emoticons at me, mister.:cmad:

"Geez, BL. Don't be such a tight-ash."

Then do as I write!

"Fine! I liked it better when Red X played me anyways..."

I heard that!

"Sorry! Want a hamburger?"

action_ninjas.jpg

Eh, I think I can do my Octavius app now.

Screen Name:Carnage27

Character you would like to play:Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus

Powers:Super powerful robotic arms/harness fused to the body, genius level intellect

Brief biography of the character's history:After a lab accident that fused robotic arms to his body, Otto Octavius believes himself to be the harbinger of the god Atom, which is created from the knowledge of the human mind. Doc Ock went on a murderous rampage through New York and Gotham City in an attempt to destroy Wayne Enterprises before being stopped by the collective efforts of Spiderman, Batman, Robin, and The Flash.

1)I'm a huge Spidey fan, and I feel like Otto is one of his deepest enemies character wise.
2)He's already established and has vendettas against four main heroes.

What can you bring to this game?: I'm a fairly good writer with a lot of time on my hands.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Bold Times New Roman

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:Once a day hopefully

My consciousness feels like it is racing through the fogs of time. Seeing all that has come before, and all that will come in the future. After the Atom has been brought to this world, disease, hunger, thirst, and pain will be wiped away. Every one who opens their mind to it will be saved from the mediocrity that has plagued mankind for centuries.

And I, Otto Octavius, will be the harbinger of this new awakening.

But there are those who stand in my way. Those who stand up for and protect the archaic rules that govern todays societies. Those like Batman, The Flash, and the puny League that stands with them.

First, I must escape this cage the fools put me in...Arkham Asylum. The fools think that by feeding me neurological drugs they can separate my link to my robotic arms. Of course my mind transcends these minuscule barriers, and now is my time...

"Guard, I seem to have a problem."

"What do you want Octopus?"

The maggots insist on calling me by the name the media created. No matter he and the rest of the non-believers will be dead soon enough. "What do I want? Oh...A REVOLUTION!" I bring my tentacles to glorious life and push all of them through the wall and his body, ripping him to shreds.

As I walk through the dingy hallways of Arkham I destroy any who dare get in the way of the Son of Atom, and simultaneously rip open the cells of some of the most dangerous men and women in the world, and they follow me out into the Gotham night.

Now is the time for the Revolution of Atom, and the death of heroes young and old.

Dr_Octopus.jpg

Screen Name:
Logan Howlett

Character you would like to play: Wolverine

Powers: Regenerative healing factor, superhuman animal keen senses, adimantium skeleton, and six razor sharp adimantium claws.

Brief biography of the character's history: Logan, AKA Wolverine was born into this world as James Howlett, loving son, kind hearted gentleman, and tormented child.....all of this....has been long forgotten. He is now known only as Logan or Wolverine, by himself and almost all others.

Logan acts as the Martial Arts instructor at The Xavier Institute. Recently he has helped to form the team known as The X-Men with several of Charles Xaviers old students.

As Wolverine, Logan uses his abilities to fight criminals and terrorists world wide. Currently one of his strongest new allies is that of Gotham's Batman.

Logan has only one goal, to make up for the sins of a past he can barely remember.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: I love everything about Wolverine and can easily associate with him. My nickname is Wolverine and I'm known by all my friends and co-workers as Logan.....aint hard to see some connection. I try to apply my personal understanding of the character and his burdens to the RPG. His intire history is facinating and I love putting my own spin on it.

What can you bring to this game?: Milk, cookies, and six peices of metal determened to rip yer face off!....Oh and experience.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Simple, plain Orange Verdana. I started that by the way. :)

Its bout four o'clock in the evenin....I sit still in the stinkin crowded room. The smell is enough to make someone without my senses hurl on the floor....but with my kinda life, you get used to it. Another one of em stands up and the room starts clappin. He staggers up to the podium, trippin over his own damn feet. His hands are shakin, he can barely speak, but somehow gets out the words....

"Hi......my name is...um....C-Carl...."

The room responds,

"HI CARL!"

"I....I'm...an alchoholic."

The room claps. Carl stops shakin, he suddenly gets a big smile on his face and turns to walk off the stage. I stand up and walk towards the stage, grabing Carl by the shoulder.....

"Good job bub...real good job."

"Who.....Who are you?"

"Oh....nobody, just someone who wants to help you admit to what yer doin."

"B-but.....I j-j-j-just did. Didn't ya hear me buddy?"

"No...guess I missed it...come on, back on stange."

I grab carl by the arm and pul him hard back in front of the podium. I squeeze his arm tight until he lets out a yelp. The audience stares on, confused...so I lean over to the Mic.

"Hey everyone.....I'm Logan..."

Timidly they all say, "Hi Logan..."

"Well I just wanted to stop by and lets you all know that.....well I'm an alchoholic....bad place I'm more than that, I've also killed alot of people, hmm.....I don't remember ever payin taxes, and I'm pretty sure I'm an illegal alien....on top of that I think I may been on a few most wanted lists in a few differnt countries for bulls**t propoganda....But I aint never done anything that I didn't believe in, unless I was forced to.....Point is I got a bad rap, but I....beleive it or not....am the good guy......But ya see CARL here....well, he just got a standing ovation for being an alchohlic....and go him for admitin that...but what he didn't tell ya was.....well he likes to beat on his kids, just like he liked to beat on his wife....who just happened to disapear last year.....who's remains were just located in his back yard....along with her unborn son..."

I reach into my pocket and grab a file, throwing it into the crowd.

"The reason aint none of you heard about this is because Carl here is Carl Jr. to The biggest Judge in this town. Judge Carl Dawson, who just had all this evidence thrown out......So....seein as how the justice system in this town didn't think that what he did was wrong cuz he was the judge's son.....I figured I'd let you have him."

I say throwing Carl into the crowd. Before I can even get off stage I can hear people screaming at him, saying that they knew his wife, calling him a monster. People who were his freinds, his neighbors, even some police men....all turning on him, grabing at him, hitting him.......I walk out the front door as I hear Carl screamin. I light up a stogie and keep walkin......

"If people know who the true monsters are...than maybe they'll stop callin us monsters." I say to myself as I take a deep drag from my cigar, and walk off down the cold streets of Dallas Texas.

therealwolverine.jpg

Screen Name: Syn (Mercenary)

Character you would like to play: Steve Rogers, Captain America

Powers: Enhanced to Peak human potential
Expert martial artist and hand-to-hand combatant
All terrain acrobatics
Master tactician and field commander
vibranium steel alloy shield.

Brief biography of the character's history: Steve Rogers was a wimpy kid who wanted to help out his country in the time of war. He volunteered for an experimental super-soldier serum, and became Captain America. As Captain America, he has upheld America&#8217;s morals, and protected the planet from countless threats.

1. I like Cap. He&#8217;s always been one of my favorites.

2. He stands for what&#8217;s right, and the American way.

3. It&#8217;s Captain America!

What can you bring to this game?: A vibranium metal alloy shield.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Palatino linotype bold dark blue

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as is needed.

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least 1 line of dialogue): On its way.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: Maybe.

Captain20America_-tm1.jpg

Captain America stood there silent. He couldn&#8217;t comprehend that a being from another planet was coming to destroy his planet his home. He had fought for so long to preserve freedom of his fellow men. Fought the good fight, and always prevailed. But could he keep fighting now? Could he win this new battle?

Cap turned to the Silver alien at his side. This being was the herald of the monster. He had scene this threat up close, and had come to warn the people of earth of the impending doom. Captain America stared at the being with rage and empathy. How could this being follow such a monster, do his bidding for so long? But he had to have seen countless lives lost. The death of planets, of people. Death is never a fun sight to watch, no matter who you are.

Steve continued to stare at the being, and then he looked around the room to see the faces of his teammates. He knew they felt fear, just as he does now. But fear can&#8217;t stand in the way of your goal, and Steve knows what must be done. He turns back to Norrin, and begins to speak.

&#8220;So, do we have any means of stopping this monster, Norrin?&#8221;

Screen Name: Syn (Mercenary)

Character you would like to play: Hunter Zolomon AKA Zoom

Powers: Time manipulation in his reference of time.

Brief biography of the character's history: As a child, Hunter always had a troubled relationship with his parents, in particular, his dad. They would always but heads on responsibilities, and the concept of what was right or wrong.

When Hunter finished High School, he went to College soon after. He wanted to get out of his home so badly, nothing could stop him. At college, he started to become facinated by crimes. How they were comitted, and how the criminals were caught. One day, when returning to his home for winter break, he found his house surrounded by police cars. He later discovered, his father was a serial killer, and had killed seven teen girls. His mother told him that after she called the police, she quickly left the house. When the police arrived, they corned his father inside the house. Refusing to be arrested, Hunter's father killed himself.

After this day, Hunter's intrigue with crime became more obsessive. He started studying criminology, psychology, and forensics. He soon graduated College with a masters degree. Afterward, he took up a job in the FBI with his girlfriend Ashley. He statyed with the FBI and Ashley for three years until the unexpected murder of her father caused her to leave Hunter and the FBI. Soon after, Hunter's employment was terminated for his curiosity in cases that he was not assigned to.

Hunter moved to Keystone city, and joined the police force. There he has been working and living for the past four years.

1. I always loved Zoom. He's a great character.

2. Hunter doesn't think what he does is wrong. I love that in a villian.

3. I hope to bring a new angle to the legend of Hunter Zolomon.

What can you bring to this game?: A new telling of Hunter Zolomon's story, and an average RPGer.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: [blackout]TrebuchetYellow blacked out[/blackout] Peach trebuchet for Hunter

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as I need to.

Hunter steps onto the Cosmic Treadmill cautiously. He walks up to the control panel, and stares at it carefully, his body tense.

"I know Barry told me I shouldn't do this." He says hesitantly. "But...I can't keep living in the future. Thinking of what could've been. I have to change my fate."

Hunter touches the controls, and turns the machine on. The track begins to turn, and Hunter picks up his pace. As the treadmills begins to speed up, Hunter struggles to keep pace, his leg inhibiting him. The track turns faster and faster, and Hunter begins to panic. Sweat runs down his brow in heavy drops, and his breath becomes unsteady and rapid.

"Maybe...this was...a bad...idea..." Hunter says as he gasps for air. His leg quickly fills with pain, and Hunter holds onto the rails for his life. The treadmill starts to glow as the track increases its speed, moving faster by the second. Smoke emits from the gears, and Hunter's face suddenly fills with fear.
"Barry!" Hunter screams as the treadmill suddenly vanishes in a bright flash.

Hmmm...lot's of apps, not a lot of approving. Looks like it's time to start abusing my new powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"