Ultimate One Universe RPG: OOC Thread

Well.. just gonna put this here... Not that I don't think J'Adore's is great (it is!), but this has been clanging around my head for a while, and since she hasn't posted, I thought I'd give it a go.

Character Name: Dinah Laurel Lance

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Neutral Good. She’s not a ‘hero’ yet, just a person.

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Navy Blue Arial

Powers and Abilities: She possess the ‘metahuman’ or mutant ability to project sound waves from her vocal folds which are mutated to allow her a wide range of abilities concerning them. Her lungs are also mutated to allow her more air capacity and intake.

She is skilled in Wushu, having trained with Shang-Chi, both empty-handed and with select weapons (staff, meteor hammer, tonfa and chain whip).

Character Origin/Backstory:

“Okay.” The woman said matter-of-factly as she nestled between the two girls on the quilt covered bed. Curly blonde hair leaned against her right side and a small bob of wavy black hair wedged under her arm. Opening the large picture book she laid it across her petite legs and started reading. Her dulcet tones sounding younger than their years as they wove an imaginary story and turned the pages, filled with colorful illustrations that danced and moved as she spoke.

“Once upon a time, there lived a girl with a very special gift. The gift of the birds. She could speak with them, and they were her friends. However their companionship wasn’t enough for the girl, so she went out and made new friends, human friends and in the process she met a wonderful prince. He was young, like her and they fell in love and married. Alas, he was a soldier and in defense of his country he left his wife, and unborn child for battle. In a terrible battle he was injured beyond healing and died, far away from his wife and family. Two months later a daughter was born to the girl, and with it, she became a woman. Her daughter was beautiful, pretty blonde hair and blue eyes, just like her father, and while she lacked the special gift of her mother, she had something else very special from her father. A wildly, creative scientific mind. The woman loved her daughter very much, but she was lonely for companionship of her own. One day, she met a King. He was no replacement for the prince, but he was kind and created a special place in her heart that filled it as much, if not more so, than the Prince had. They were wed and he took into his family the little blonde girl who loved him as she would have her own father.

Years passed and the new family welcomed into the family a daughter and a sister. While her sister’s hair was as bright as the sun, this girl’s hair was as dark as the bottom of the ocean. As soon as she was born, it was clear she possessed the special gift of her mother, but in a different way. She could make things break with her voice. Through training the girl harnessed her power enough to keep from hurting people and things. However, she was never allowed to sing.

Many happy years passed until the woman fell into madness. Her gift had turned on her. Where she once heard the happy thoughts of birds when she chose to, she found she could no longer lock them out. Their small voices overwhelmed her and took over her mind. Hopeless and helpless she stopped the voices herself, falling into a blissfully quiet forever-sleep. This left her two daughters and King to themselves. They loved each other harder than ever, but it was hard. The raven haired one feared birds and locked herself away, while the sun haired daughter fought to find the answer to her mother’s and sister’s special gifts. Due to the youngest sister’s ones fears a wedge was placed between the two sisters with the youngest one running off to discover a way to make her nightmares go away.

Years later, she returned after training her body and mind with an old, wise teacher. Older, wiser but just as scared and powerless over her powers. Her sister, unbeknownst to all, had joined an organization, intent on watching and caring for the world and all the people on it with a special gift. It was then that the sisters would heal the rift between them and grow to understand themselves.”

The woman stopped, three fourths of the book still remaining, and closed it gently, running her hand over the embossed leather of the binding.

The girls gasped.

“No momma! Read more!” The woman smiled and rose; the black haired girl flopping back onto the bed which bounced gently under her featherweight frame.

“Not tonight girls. You’ll have to find out how it ends later.” Amidst protests she kissed them ‘good night’ and tucked them in before slipping form the room and closing the door gently behind her.

A tall, broad frame stood in the shadows of the hallway and took a step forward.
“Aren’t they a little young for that story?” The woman put her arms around him, barely able to, and rested her chin on his chest.

“No. The lessons of their ancestors are important for them to learn about their future.”

What Makes This Version "Ultimate":

This version meshes together the Marvel and DC universes for the characters involved. Instead of working on getting them to work together I wanted to make them completely inseparable in terms of story lore, with both sides working in harmony together. Despite the differences there are enough similarities to make them the characters they’re based off of. The character is in new and different situations with slightly different coping mechanisms and family connections.

What can you bring to the RPG:
Besides an interesting story I can also offer baked goods and knitted items. But really I just want to play around with a different story concerning these characters.

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

Dinah watched as her mother extended her thin, bony finger and a small finch descended onto it lightly. The bird chirped and tilted its head delicately to the side, staring into the blue eyes of the gaunt and tiny woman whom it had landed on. Her mother smiled sweetly at the bird, her eyelids dipping a bit in peace as the bird sang sweetly. Dinah could only see a quarter of her profile. Miskept black hair blocked a direct view with its knotted waves.

“Mom.” Dinah said softly, taking a step closer. The world felt flat, tasteless around her as she moved.

Her mother remained intent on the bird.

“Mom.” She said louder. Reaching a hand out she placed it on the woman’s shoulder, feeling her mother’s shoulder bone through the thin fabric of the blouse.

Black hair swirled out in a hurricane of black as her mother’s head spun around, and for a second Dinah saw her face; mouth replaced by a dainty, short yellow beak, her eyes yellow and lidless with feathers as skin.

“AH!”She sat up straight in bed, the screech loud and clear was joined by the shattering of glass from across the room. She clasped her hands over her mouth, afraid of another accident as she took in as much air as she could through her nose. It was no use. Her heart beat wildly, fluttering like… wings of a scared bird. The thought was too much. She dropped her hands from her mouth and gripped her bedsheets on either side of her as she breathed in slowly through her mouth.

Slow.

Rhythmically.

Calm.

Closing her eyes she focused on her heart beat, it felt like her chest was collapsing into it, squeezing the very life out of her. She lost track of time as she calmed herself. The squeezing of her chest died enough for her to open her eyes. Her room was dark, black-out curtains hung on the window. Blocking out the light and the sight of her personal terrors. Glancing at the clock which glared '5:00pm' back at her, she realized Bobbi should be home from class by now; it was time to ask her a question. Oh, and there was the matter of whatever had broken on the other side of her room. Dinah sighed and moaned to herself, that meant dragging the vacuum all the way upstairs. Ugh.

3qu29n.jpg

It has been over two weeks and she hasn't made a single post yet. So, by rules, Dinah is up for grabs again.

Sorry I've been MIA of late. Been busy as **** at work, but should get some posts up today and tomorrow. And that includes a Doom post in the OE game; my bad, Byrd...you gamey cocklover.

So I'm dropping Booster for right now. I'm going to pick him up again soon...but I have the beginning of a conflict I'd like to start off. I know this is a short app...but I want to play a lot of this close to the vest.

Character Name: Vision

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Villain

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Red System Bold

Powers and Abilities: TheVision android has a multitude of powers. Using the technology embedded into his skin, he has the ability to absorb solar energy to power himself. Vision can fly and travel through the vacuum of space, has super speed, strength, agility, durability, and dexterity. It can also use the solar energy to fire energy beams.

It can also alter his density to become intangible. Vision is also super intelligent, and can connect to any form of technology.

The Vision has existed since long before most species in the Universe gained the spark of life. And ever since that time, the Vision's appearance has meant death. The coming of the Vision to a planet meant a vast and quick extinction event throughout the entire planet. This usually happened as the planet's home civilization reached the peak of its power.

None know why it comes, where it comes from, or who its master is. None have ever seen what destroys the life on the planet.

But one thing is certain: The appearance of The Vision means death.

What Makes This Version "Ultimate": Vision in this reality will involve a combination of ideas from both DC and Marvel, and will lead to great consequences across the game. I don't really want to go into it too far because I'd like to have people be a little surprise to see who...or what is pulling the strings.

A villain that can be a threat to all heroes, as well as an interesting twist on some cosmic threats in this universe.

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

Fires rage around the android as it walks slowly down the street. One of this planet's inhabitants shambles out of a burning building and into the synthetic being. It looks up in horror as a beam shoots out of the robot's forehead, disintegrating the being instantly.

This world's greatest city is quickly becoming a smoking pile of rubble. Good. The android's master would be pleased. The world would be ripe for his reaping. This one would be easy, and they would then move onto the next planet, and do the same. So was the cycle. So was the necessary way of things.

Another being looks up at the Vision, and as its skin burns it screams, "Why!? Why are you doing this!? What did we do!?"

"You existed," is the only response as the android's heel comes down on the creature's head, ending its life.

So I'm dropping Booster for right now. I'm going to pick him up again soon...but I have the beginning of a conflict I'd like to start off. I know this is a short app...but I want to play a lot of this close to the vest.

Character Name: Vision

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Red System Bold

Powers and Abilities: TheVision android has a multitude of powers. Using the technology embedded into his skin, he has the ability to absorb solar energy to power himself. Vision can fly and travel through the vacuum of space, has super speed, strength, agility, durability, and dexterity. It can also use the solar energy to fire energy beams.

It can also alter his density to become intangible. Vision is also super intelligent, and can connect to any form of technology.

The Vision has existed since long before most species in the Universe gained the spark of life. And ever since that time, the Vision's appearance has meant death. The coming of the Vision to a planet meant a vast and quick extinction event throughout the entire planet. This usually happened as the planet's home civilization reached the peak of its power.

None know why it comes, where it comes from, or who its master is. None have ever seen what destroys the life on the planet.

But one thing is certain: The appearance of The Vision means death.

What Makes This Version "Ultimate": Vision in this reality will involve a combination of ideas from both DC and Marvel, and will lead to great consequences across the game. I don't really want to go into it too far because I'd like to have people be a little surprise to see who...or what is pulling the strings.

A villain that can be a threat to all heroes, as well as an interesting twist on some cosmic threats in this universe.

Fires rage around the android as it walks slowly down the street. One of this planet's inhabitants shambles out of a burning building and into the synthetic being. It looks up in horror as a beam shoots out of the robot's forehead, disintegrating the being instantly.

This world's greatest city is quickly becoming a smoking pile of rubble. Good. The android's master would be pleased. The world would be ripe for his reaping. This one would be easy, and they would then move onto the next planet, and do the same. So was the cycle. So was the necessary way of things.

Another being looks up at the Vision, and as its skin burns it screams, "Why!? Why are you doing this!? What did we do!?"

"You existed," is the only response as the android's heel comes down on the creature's head, ending its life.

Approved.

And since we're both working with the cosmic, we should definitely put our heads together and fire what ideas we've got off of each other.

Character Name: Vandal Savage

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): DarkSlateGray

Powers and Abilities: Vandal is an immortal with an incredible healing factor. He has thousands of years of experience in everything from philosophy to science to war.

Vandal Savage is a poet, a philosopher, and a philanthropist who gives millions to charitable organizations every year. He's more than respected by his peers and beloved by people around the globe.

Behind his public persona is a man that craves power and glory, that has no qualms about murder, terror, or genocide, and will never, ever stop until he has mastered the planet and all of the people on it.

And he is immortal.

After a chance encounter with a damaged alien craft 25 millennia ago, Vandal is irradiated with enough radiation to kill hundreds of men. But before his last gasp of air, the alien being in command of the craft took him aboard and tried to repair his body. Never having encountered a human before, the alien was unsure just how to properly heal the Earth creature. Not believing any Rigelianoid creature could be so fragile, he decided to try and correct the damage the way he saw best.

And so, with his strength increased, his intelligence enhanced, and his body incapable of dying and able to heal wounds at an incredible rate, V'ndr of the Svg tribe has strived for thousands of years to dominate this planet under countless identities. Today, Vandal Savage spins a web behind the scenes, directing affairs without the knowledge of those he manipulates.

What Makes This Version "Ultimate": Besides being given his power from a Marvel race instead of a meteor, Savage has a goal beyond just world domination. But that, he plays close to the chest.

I also know that Vandal is part of the Hellfire Club, and I can work that into the ideas I have.

I'm back, *****es! What else do you need?

25,000 years ago, in a land that would one day be named Central Europe, a primitive man walked slowly through the cold winter. His furs provided little warmth from the blizzard of snow, and his feeble mind knew that, if he didn't find shelter soon, this would be his last night before the forever-sleep.

But he had been cast out by the rest of his tribe without supplies. Exiled for taking the life of one of his tribe-brothers over some cold food and a warm woman. He had no hope in seeing the day god-again, but he wasn’t a man that let anyone or anything stop him if there was still breath in his body.

Suddenly, the night, so filled with weather that he could not see his own feet, was lit up with a light the likes of which he had no memory. Operating almost with thought, he lumbered off in the direction of the light. And after what felt like a lifetime, he could see a bright spot dimly grow in the distance. It gave him strength he didn't know he had, drawing him closer and closer.

Then he realized that, the closer he got to the light, the warmer he felt. Not questioning this source of fire and life, his pace quickened, blood flowed to long numb parts. And when he finally reached the source, he came upon a twisted object the likes of which he had never before even conceived. Far too hot for him to approach any closer, he happily plopped himself on the ground at a safe distance, laid on his side, and slept in comfort...

...while the radiation leaking from the alien spacecraft slowly poisoned and burnt his body.

I blink my eyes and refocus them on the reported the Daily Bugle had sent over to interview me.

"Forgive me, what was the question Ms. Vale?"

"I was asking about your past, Mr. Savage. About where you come from."

"Ah..yes, my history."
I smile. "And please, call me Vandal."

Alright, I think I'll take the time to use my third character option.

Boo ya!

Character Name:
Steven Rogers/Captain America

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Hero

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Bold Navy Arial

Powers and Abilities: Steve was the first success in the Super-Soldier serum experiments. As such, he is at the peak of human athletics and strength. He can run, jump, and swim with the skill of an Olympic athlete. Though he possesses no superhuman strength, he is considerably stronger than the average person - on a par with champion weightlifters. He has greater endurance than most athletes, being able to perform at maximum effort for extended periods of time.

Moreover, the serum increases Steve's metabolism and immune response. Therefore, he is more resistant to illness and disease, and he heals from wounds quicker than the average man. It is also responsible for slowed aging, accounting for Steve's appearance and strength despite his advanced age.

Steven Grant Rogers was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1920. He was a first generation American, born to two Irish immigrants. Steve was hardworking, modest, and fiercely loyal. However, he was an asthmatic with a frail frame, and he matured physically at a much slower rate than his peers. As a result, he was not very athletic, and he was often the target of bullies and tough guys. Despite his shortcomings, Steve was fearless, often tackling the bullies head-on - though he rarely won a fight.

War broke out in Europe while Steve was a young man. Watching the atrocities committed by the Axis powers on the newsreels, Steve became convinced that America should enter the war. He attempted to enlist in the US Army but was swiftly rejected for his physical weakness and frailty. Undeterred, Steve continued to pursue his dream. His relentlessness caught the attention of Army recruiters, and he was finally referred to Dr. Abraham Erskine to participate in Operation: Rebirth.

Erskine, a German defector working with the United States, was working on a Super-Soldier serum that would turn ordinary men into superior physical beings. Impressed by Steve's spirit and determination, Erskine allowed Steve to compete in order to be the next candidate to test the serum. Through sheer force of will, Steve convinced Erskine and the Army trainers to choose him above the other candidates. Steve received the Super-Soldier serum and was transformed.

Unfortunately, the moment of sheer elation was brought crashing down by a Nazi spy overseeing the experiment. The spy shot and killed Dr. Erskine, the only living man with complete knowledge of the Super-Soldier formula. Steve hunted down the Nazi spy and nearly killed him. With Erskine dead, the Army was unable to recreate the Super-Soldier serum, leaving Steve Rogers as the only successful test subject.

Disappointed, the United States government decided to make the best use of their one successful Super-Soldier. They shaped Steve Rogers into a symbol of freedom and liberty: Captain America. Serving both as a propaganda icon and America's best counter-intelligence agent, Captain America fought Hitler, the Nazis, and the mysterious Red Skull in WWII. He also joined forces with The Invaders, a group of similarly-fashioned "superheroes" combating the forces of evil in Europe. The Invaders and Captain America became legends, and they are widely credited with the defeat of Hitler and the Third Reich.

Steve Rogers returned home to America, ready to accept his next call to action. It came five years later in the form of the Korean War. Captain America once again went overseas and helped lead the United States to victory. However, the world was changing in the wake of nuclear arms race. Seven years later, Captain America went on the ground in Vietnam to once again fight for his country. This time, everything was different. Despite Cap's effort, America lost the war - and paid a heavy price in morale. Steve's treatment upon returning to the States sickened and jaded him, and he was never quite the same.

Following his participation in the Persian Gulf War, Steve's unflagging patriotism was shaken. He had watched the changing attitudes and climate in the country, and he had grown increasingly disillusioned. Hanging up the costume and the shield, Steve enters a self-imposed exile somewhere in the Rocky Mountains. Living entirely off-the-grid for almost twenty years, Steve is completely disconnected from modern society. His only human contact comes when he drives down to a small town nearby for supplies. In a world that no longer needs a Captain America, Steve has become a hermit.

I'm going to tweak that just a little to say Cap went into exile after Vietnam.

What Makes This Version "Ultimate"?: As EBJ said in his app, Captain America didn't die in WWII. He survived, helped the Allies win the war, and got to come home. There's a lot to play around with having a Captain America active during the 20th century.

What can you bring to the RPG?:
Another character, son!

Mekong Delta
Vietnam

The Viet Cong base burned brightly in the humid summer night. I walked away from the fiery blaze towards the waterfront, my shield on my back and my rifle slung over my shoulder. The rest of the platoon searched through the immediate area for any stragglers while I braced the VC trooper restrained on the ground.

"Nói tiếng Anh?" I asked in Vietnamese.

"**** you, America pig,"the soldier spat. "English enough for you?"

I pulled the man up and looked him over. Skinny, dirty, wearing rags for clothes. Five years ago, this man was probably a farmer. Now, he's a hardened killer dedicated to the cause of killing as many Americans as he can. It's been over twenty years since I was fighting Jerry in Europe. It feels a lot longer than that. Tell the truth, it feels like an entirely different world all together.

"This camp was running opium and heroin through it. Part of the pipeline from Cambodia to somewhere else. Drugs funding the VC cause. Understand what I'm saying? Bookoo thuốc phiện và heroin."

The VC soldier began prattling off in Vietnamese. I could only catch every third or fourth word. Something about a scary white man. Very dinky dau, crazy, and very connected.

"Stop," I said, holding my hand up. "Tell me where the next stop on the trail is."

The soldier began to struggle, chattering faster in his native tongue. I tried to keep up, but the fear and panic in his body and voice caused me to step back. He struggled against the rope tied around his wrist, trying to break free when--

BLAM!

The man fell to the ground, a bullet hole in the back of his head. Standing over his dead body, Corporal Jones smiled and slung his rifle back on his shoulder.

"What did you do that for?!" I barked at the man. "He was telling me everything I needed to know."

"Sorry, Cap," the young man said with a shrug. "He was panicking, didn't know what he was going to do."

"So you thought you'd just shoot an unarmed man?! Is that it? That how you treat prisoners, punk?"

"Don't give me that," the kid shouted back. "That ****er didn't have a gun, but he could have been rigged to blow. You don't know, old man. These ***holes aren't a bunch of ****ing goosestepping Nazis who play by the rules."

"I don't want to hear you justifying this. Just... get out of my sight."

The man, more of a boy, trudged off into the bush. I sighed, looking down at the dead VC soldier and then back up at the burning camp. The kid's right, Charlies isn't Jerry. The VC doesn't fight the same way we do. But, if we fight like they do, then what's the point of this whole war? If we're just as bad as they are... then why are we fighting?

Mobile SHIELD Facility
No Fixed Location
Now

My eyes snapped open and I glanced around. Back in the bed, back in the small room SHIELD had prepared for me. I sat up in the bed, looking out the port side window as the clouds rolled by.

That night in the Mekong was forty-five years ago, but my body can still feel the stifling humidity of the Vietnamese night. The heat from the burning buildings, the smell of blood and burning flesh. Forty-five years ago, and I'm right back where I was then. Back working for the same people who condoned those awful things that went on in Vietnam. No, not the exact same, but the same type... maybe not. We'll see.

I'll find out tomorrow for sure. When I'm briefed on why Nick Fury needs me back in the harness. If I like what I hear, I'll sign on. If not, I walk. I keep telling myself over and over that's what I'll do. But will I really? I remember Benji Jones, the corporal from my old unit in 'Nam, called me a sucker for the establishment. Said I was a glutton who liked getting chewed up by the system. Three days after that, I watched as he bleed to death from a VC booby trap.

Maybe Benji was right. Maybe I am a masochist who loves getting used and abused by the people in charge. I'll know for sure in the morning. I can feel a small part of me knows Benji was right. It's that same little part that's excited for what's to come. It's chomping at the bit to get back out there into the field. That part of me is the part that's kept me alive for so many years, it's made sure I survived while countless others died at my side. It's the part of my mind and body that Dr. Erskine injected into my all those years ago.

It's the part of me that's Captain America. And it's the part that I hate.

Had some computer problems, but all is well now.

And you're approved, Byrd.

Time to do a little leap ahead for The Riddler. It is now 3 months after the Courthouse Episode and yes he got away with Allison.

With the majority of the games being moved over to another board, I think attempting the same for this game is the best course of action.

I'll keep it open here for one month, more than enough time for everyone (myself included) to get things to a sort of "halftime" for Season 1 to where it can be picked up on the other RPing board.

When the game is moved over, the entire roster will go with it (unless you'd rather drop your character and/or pick up a new one).
Won't need to bother re-posting your app on the other site if you still plan to keep the character(s) you already have.

Now if we can finally hurry the **** up with this X-Men story. :cmad:

I'm going to wait for you to get in a Wolverine post, Carnage, before responding with Colossus.

Also, a more general question to keep things uniform, what are the colors, fonts, etc of the NPC X-Men?

I'm going to wait for you to get in a Wolverine post, Carnage, before responding with Colossus.

Also, a more general question to keep things uniform, what are the colors, fonts, etc of the NPC X-Men?

Yeesh, I'm going to try and remember this as best as I can.

Animal Man: Arial, not bold, and navy blue
Storm: veranda, no bold, and blue
I need to figure out a different color for one of those.
Fire: Georgia, green, and unbolded.
Nightcrawler: Purple, georgia, and bolded.

I'll get a post up either tonight or tomorrow night everyone. Still trying to get back in the swing of things after vacation

Will try to post tonight.

If I'm not too emotionally drained from Fringe.

:waa:

Spoiler: It was all inside Bob Newhart's dream.

Sounds good to me, Carnage.

And, on a side note, I now hate Guillermo Del Toro and hope his movie, Mama, becomes this decade's version of Bio Dome. :cmad:

Pssh, you just hate Mexicans. Admit it!

No, don't! The last thing Byrd needs is an ally.

Of course I hate Mexicans. :huh:

Well, allow me to rephrase that. I hate most Mexicans, however some of their women are fine by me. :sus

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"