"One Universe" RPG thread.

Andy C. said:
There was an uncomfortable pause for a moment, as they waited for the Colonel's response. In fact, even Fury himself wasn't entirely sure what he was going to say until he said it. Millions of lives were at stake, and they didn't have time for discussion.

"....fine. The nuclear option is still on the table, but it's last resort. In the meantime, we've got to get Zod somewhere where he can't cause damage. Surveillance has indicated that he's temporarily disposed of Superman, so that's another problem we need to address.

"Flash, I'm wanting you to draw Zod's fire, and get him to some unpopulated dry land, say, the Sahara or the Antarctic. Once's he's away, we work on retrieving Superman from the ocean floor. Power Man, I understand that you're tough enough to survive deep-sea pressure, so you'll be fitted with the necessary gear to dive down and get him. After that, we move in on Flash's position, and do what we can to take Zod down.

"Arrow, I'm giving you one chance to do whatever it is you and Flash are preparing to do. Unless you've got arrows that can travel at hyper-sonic speeds, it'd better be good. If that fails, and if Superman still isn't back into the fight, everyone gets the hell out of Dodge and we drop the bomb. Anyone have a problem with that?"

Fury didn't wait for an answer; there was no time. At any second, Zod could head for civilian areas and kill God knows how many.

"Just for the record, I'm not too crazy about leaving a matter of international security in the hands of civilians. But if an old legend like Flash is backing you two up, then it's at least worth a shot. Now let's get ready; there might not be another chance."

Arrow and I nod at The Colonel's instructions.

"Can do Colonel Fury, just get me some scuba gear."

"My plan involves drawing Zod's attention just long enough for Superman to knock the tee total $hit out of him."

byrd_man said:
Arrow and I nod at The Colonel's instructions.

"Can do Colonel Fury, just get me some scuba gear."

"My plan involves drawing Zod's attention just long enough for Superman to knock the tee total $hit out of him."

"So you're going to act as a bright green decoy? Might work, as long as Superman can get back into action or Flash can hold his own."

The General looked up at the bridge of the HeliCarrier and spoke into his radio, "Attention all hands: begin prep for nuclear strike. This is not a drill; repeat, this is not a drill. Diversionary operations will commence before strike, so prepare and arm warhead but do not engage without my direct order. That is all."

Fury looked at Flash, whose eyes narrowed in disapproval, not wanting the nukes to come into play at all. The Colonel shrugged.

"Never can be too careful. Best of luck, old friend."

Andy C. said:
"Might work, as long as Superman can get back into action

That's my que. A S.H.E.I.L.D soldier hands me a scuba tank and breathing apparatus.

"Amanda, how hgh up and how far from Superman are we?"

"Were five hundred feet in the air and Superman is a mile due north, CAGE!"

After the last part about Superman I take off towards the end of the helicarrier, I strap the tank on my back and turn around and look at Fury, Flash, Arrow, and Amanda Waller.

"Gentlemen and lady, I'm off to rescue our only chance sort of a nuclear holocaust."

I place the appartus in my mouth jump off the helicarrier, freefalling towards the cold atlantic ocean.

Andy C. said:
"Never can be too careful. Best of luck, old friend."
"Thanks, but I'm still not happy about the idea of a nuke," I say to Nick. I turn to the Arrow. "So we better make sure it's not necessary." Unfortunately, if Superman doesn't come back, and don't know of any other way to stop Zod.

But I do have another idea.

"Here's my plan. Arrow and I go out there and pull Zod to some place remote." I look at the map on one of the screens. "There. The Sahara should be good. I'm assuming you have the resources to pull out anyone in the area?" Fury nods. "Good. Now, the tricky part will be keeping up with Zod. I can do it, but GA can't. Unless I lend him some speed."

I look around and say to anyone who can hear me, "I need a personal transport for my friend. Something that can float of the water, but is open enough for him to fire arrows, and light enough for me to push." I look at Nick again. "You have something like that?"

Nick snaps his fingers. "Sir!" A low ranking soldier says, throwing a salute and dashing off. A minute later the kid comes back in pushing along a small platform floating a few inches off the floor. The kid sees the surprise in my eyes. "It's a hover sled, sir," he says to me.

"You've got to be kidding."

"No, sir."

I look at the Arrow, and he looks at me. I shrug my shoulders. "It'll do," I say, trying to ignore how scary it is they just happened to have the perfect device at the ready. "I'll be able to push the Arrow around at superspeed so he, and his accelerated arrows, can keep up with Zod."

"You ready?" I ask Green Arrow.

wiegeabo said:
"Thanks, but I'm still not happy about the idea of a nuke," I say to Nick. I turn to the Arrow. "So we better make sure it's not necessary." Unfortunately, if Superman doesn't come back, and don't know of any other way to stop Zod.

But I do have another idea.

"Here's my plan. Arrow and I go out there and pull Zod to some place remote." I look at the map on one of the screens. "There. The Sahara should be good. I'm assuming you have the resources to pull out anyone in the area?" Fury nods. "Good. Now, the tricky part will be keeping up with Zod. I can do it, but GA can't. Unless I lend him some speed."

I look around and say to anyone who can hear me, "I need a personal transport for my friend. Something that can float of the water, but is open enough for him to fire arrows, and light enough for me to push." I look at Nick again. "You have something like that?"

Nick snaps his fingers. "Sir!" A low ranking soldier says, throwing a salute and dashing off. A minute later the kid comes back in pushing along a small platform floating a few inches off the floor. The kid sees the surprise in my eyes. "It's a hover sled, sir," he says to me.

"You've got to be kidding."

"No, sir."

I look at the Arrow, and he looks at me. I shrug my shoulders. "It'll do," I say, trying to ignore how scary it is they just happened to have the perfect device at the ready. "I'll be able to push the Arrow around at superspeed so he, and his accelerated arrows, can keep up with Zod."

"You ready?" I ask Green Arrow.

I shrug my soldiers and stroke my goatee.

"Hell, I'll try anything once, and how many times can I say I help saved the world?"

I strip off my emerald over shirt and realise I'm wearing my "compound bows are for wimps" T-Shirt.

"Heh, figured my chain mail slash hoodie would slow us down."

I pick up my bow and swing my quiver on my back.

"Let's ride."

After hitting the five hundred feet mark my body starts to feel it, the pressure is making my chest feel like I got to burp really bad. I see him laying on the ocean floor. Superman wrapped up in his cape.

I swim down to his crumbled form and start to head toward the surface when the pressure of the ocean makes my air tank crumple like a paper ball.

"Oh S###"

byrd_man said:
I shrug my soldiers and stroke my goatee.

"Hell, I'll try anything once, and how many times can I say I help saved the world?"

I strip off my emerald over shirt and realise I'm wearing my "compound bows are for wimps" T-Shirt.

"Heh, figured my chain mail slash hoodie would slow us down."

I pick up my bow and swing my quiver on my back.

"Let's ride."

I smile at the man's attitude.

A few moments later, the helicarrier has dropped low enough to let us out. As the bay opens up to reveal the ocean, I say to the Arrow "When you get out there, I'm going to get a running start then start pushing you, lending you my speed. It's going to feel weird at first. Very weird." He gives me a questioning look. "Very, very weird. Just try not to throw up on me." That shocks him. "Everything around us is going to slow down. The helicarrier, the water, the very air. Zod will seem slow too, until he goes to superspeed. So you need to have your arrows ready once I get his attention."

The Arrow nods, a little unsure of the plan now. He takes his hoversled onto the water. A dash to the rear of the bay to get a running start, then take off, my feet using the water as if it were ground. I run a circle around the carrier to build up more speed, the slam my hands into the sled, pushing and accelerating it.

The world slows down around us, as if time itself was frozen. But, of course, that's an illusion. Everything is still moving, just very slowly. It only takes a moment to come upon Zod, floating in the air with a look of smug satisfaction and insanity in his eyes. Bastard!

"Time to get his attention," I say to GA. "I'll drop you to normal speed for a moment, then pick up back up when Zod comes after us."

I let go of the sled, and see GA seem to freeze in place. Then I run at Zod. How am I going to hurt a Kryptonian? I think about another Infinite Mass punch, but know that will just take me out of the fight again. Time for something else.

I run at Zod, building speed, and leap into the air. "I'm not done with you yet!" I shout. As I come down, I vibrate my arms, and drive both of my phased hands deep into his chest. Just like with Mordru, it hurts me, but I know it hurts him a lot more.

IC: Superman

byrd_man said:
After hitting the five hundred feet mark my body starts to feel it, the pressure is making my chest feel like I got to burp really bad. I see him laying on the ocean floor. Superman wrapped up in his cape.

I swim down to his crumbled form and start to head toward the surface when the pressure of the ocean makes my air tank crumple like a paper ball.

"Oh S###"

M-Ma... Pa... P-Perry... Jimmy... L-Lois... Z-Zod... ZOD...

Zod.

My eyes burst open, once the feeling sets in. I look around. I'm... well, underwater. I don't know how long I've been down here, how I got here, or why I-

Wait. The battle. Yes, that's it... I need to... need to get back to the battle...

I look up. Another individual. Forget his name. Power... something. Tugging at my cape. He's in scuba gear, but he's looking back, alarmed. I peer at his air tanks. They're crumbling. He'll drown if I don't do something. I move, swimming upwards, grabbing him with one arm.

Alright, Clark. This is just like those swimming lessons back in Smallville Junior High. Except alot deeper, and definatley alot more dangerous.

Well, and I'm not busy staring at Lana in a bathing suit...

I push myself forward. Come on. Come on... you can do it. Just a little further. Come on, Clark. You made the world believe a man could fly. Don't disprove them... Especially now. I look up. The sun is getting closer, from the reflection off the surface. Keep at it. Need to keep...

And that's when we hit the surface.

Water surrounds us in a blur as I rocket us into the sky. The combination of air and speed dries us almost instantly. I look at the individual I'm carrying, as he takes an obviously much needed breath of air.

"Let's get you out of here.", I say, as we take to the skies.

Alright. Need to drop him off somewhere. Then, I find out where Zod is, and finish this. Once and for all.

wiegeabo said:
I smile at the man's attitude.

A few moments later, the helicarrier has dropped low enough to let us out. As the bay opens up to reveal the ocean, I say to the Arrow "When you get out there, I'm going to get a running start then start pushing you, lending you my speed. It's going to feel weird at first. Very weird." He gives me a questioning look. "Very, very weird. Just try not to throw up on me." That shocks him. "Everything around us is going to slow down. The helicarrier, the water, the very air. Zod will seem slow too, until he goes to superspeed. So you need to have your arrows ready once I get his attention."

The Arrow nods, a little unsure of the plan now. He takes his hoversled onto the water. A dash to the rear of the bay to get a running start, then take off, my feet using the water as if it were ground. I run a circle around the carrier to build up more speed, the slam my hands into the sled, pushing and accelerating it.

The world slows down around us, as if time itself was frozen. But, of course, that's an illusion. Everything is still moving, just very slowly. It only takes a moment to come upon Zod, floating in the air with a look of smug satisfaction and insanity in his eyes. Bastard!

"Time to get his attention," I say to GA. "I'll drop you to normal speed for a moment, then pick up back up when Zod comes after us."

I let go of the sled, and see GA seem to freeze in place. Then I run at Zod. How am I going to hurt a Kryptonian? I think about another Infinite Mass punch, but know that will just take me out of the fight again. Time for something else.

I run at Zod, building speed, and leap into the air. "I'm not done with you yet!" I shout. As I come down, I vibrate my arms, and drive both of my phased hands deep into his chest. Just like with Mordru, it hurts me, but I know it hurts him a lot more.

The General writhed in agony, every fiber in his being desperately holding back a scream as the Earthman buried his fists into him. His speed was unbelievable, even faster than Zod himself, and now his grip was nothing short of torturous.

"I....w-will not...be put d-down....by VERMIN!" Zod hissed through clenched teeth, his limbs all but paralyzed as every nerve in his body locked up. This Earthman, this inferior specimen, this...thing...was suddenly violating him on a molecular level.

The pain was unreal, and he could not escape. He could not move, he could not think, he could not--

...and then, Zod's world went black.

The General's body spasmed violently, his nervous system suddenly no longer in control. As he shook, the blood flowing from his nose stopped, and his eyes rolled back. The body jerked around for a moment and babbled incoherently, then went limp...

...for a moment.

As Flash was loosening his grip, the General's hand quickly and deliberately shot up and grabbed him by the throat. His body straightened once more, and his face stared vacantly at his opponent. For a moment, the spark of life returned to Zod's eyes, and his face became a mask of sheer horror.

"No....not yet....not now...not you...."

His voice began to gurgle, and ooze began to drip from his mouth. It began coming out of his eyes, his nose, his ears: a viscous black substance that did not run down his face as it should. Instead, it stretched out, reaching towards the General's forehead, and began to manifest itself in three spots in a triangular pattern. The three bulbous growths began to glow a deep red.

The body spoke, and though it was Zod's voice, there was no anger, or any emotion at all. Coldly and matter-of-factly, it spoke four words:

"Release me....or burn."

It did not await for a response before beams of heat burst forth from Zod's eyes. Since Flash was still molecularly phased into Zod, there was no telling what would happen if the human were to be killed. Instead, the beams were low-intensity, meant only to cause pain.

Again, it spoke.

"Release me...or burn."

Zod's heat vision grew more intense, and the fabric of Flash's costume began to smoke and catch fire....

Who Plays World of Warcraft, im thinking about getting it but how does the subscription work. Do you have to put in a credit Card number to play th game.

OOC: Wrong thread for that kind of question, man.

The bastard convulses. His eyes roll back as his mind begins to shut down. I can't believe what's happening. He's going to be stopped. We're going to stop hi-"ghrk."

Can't...breath. His grip is crushing my throat. His face...his face is calm? His eyes are cold, devoid of any of the fury, the insanity that had filled them.

And his voice...

Can't...breath...

I feel heat pour onto my cheast as blackness begins to cloud my vision. Must...focus.

My body vibrates as I phase it and slip through his iron grip. I fall to the cold water below. The shock snaps my mind back into clarity. I burst from the water, gladly inhaling the air as my throat heals. Using my arms I whip up a couple of whirlwinds and use them to draw twin columns of superspeed water at Zod, hoping to by me a few precious seconds.

I run off and bring Green Arrow back into the fray, pushing the sled towards Africa. "I think he's pissed."

wiegeabo said:
The bastard convulses. His eyes roll back as his mind begins to shut down. I can't believe what's happening. He's going to be stopped. We're going to stop hi-"ghrk."

Can't...breath. His grip is crushing my throat. His face...his face is calm? His eyes are cold, devoid of any of the fury, the insanity that had filled them.

And his voice...

Can't...breath...

I feel heat pour onto my cheast as blackness begins to cloud my vision. Must...focus.

My body vibrates as I phase it and slip through his iron grip. I fall to the cold water below. The shock snaps my mind back into clarity. I burst from the water, gladly inhaling the air as my throat heals. Using my arms I whip up a couple of whirlwinds and use them to draw twin columns of superspeed water at Zod, hoping to by me a few precious seconds.

I run off and bring Green Arrow back into the fray, pushing the sled towards Africa. "I think he's pissed."

"Jeez, Ya think?"

Now it's my time to shine, I take two nitro arrows out my quiver, string them and pull back on the bow.

Zod's still in slow motion so I have time.

I breath deeply and let loose. The two arrows fly at Zod and the first hits him in the forehead while the second strikes him dead in the chest.

"Now he's pissed, Let's haul ass to the mother land."

The columns of water slammed into Zod's body, knocking the Kryptonian into the air as the Flash made his escape. This was only a minor inconvenience, but a split-second later, explosions rocked the Kryptonian, as well as the black ooze that flowed from inside of his head. As the General emerged from the smoke and fired, the spark of life returned to his eyes, and he howled with unthinkable rage.

The pulsing red orbs on his forehead throbbed as the ooze clutched desperately to its host, and Zod twitched for a moment.

"I can feel you resisting me, Zod...it is pointless. I am now fully in control; such was the workings of our merger..."

The black ooze that formed a lattice around Zod's temples began to quiver, and the Kryptonian's teeth gritted together.

"No....you cannot control me....the glory of the Mother World--

--is dead. And if you do not relenquish control, so shall you be. I have been running over two million virtual scenarios for the outcome of this battle. All calculations indicate a ninety-seven percent chance that you will be defeated, and a sixty-four percent chance that you will be killed. Your sixth-level intellect cannot properly control your physical powers. I will relieve you of this--

--damn you! I AM ALIVE!!! I CONTROL ME!!!--

--your willingness to commit yourself to a lost cause is most illogical. You clearly bear the errors in the Master Programmer's design. I will rectify those errors in time. However, there is a more pressing matter at hand--

--Kal-El....the apes....I will crush them...then I will drive you out--

--unlikely. However, you are correct in addressing the larger exterior threats. We shall pursue them, purge them of whatever valuable data they may contain...then they will be deleted."

The General seemed to give in to his captor, and Zod's body took off like a streak, bearing down on the Flash with as much speed as the Kryptonian could muster.

Back on the bridge of the HeliCarrier, Colonel Fury paced nervously. Superman was back in action; that much was good. Flash was able to knock Zod a good one, and he and Arrow were now proceeding with their plan; also good. On the other hand, according to surveillance, Zod seemed to have someone else in his head, someone trying to hijack control of his powers. This new development was alarming, at best. Zod was crazy enough as it was.

"Just when things look like they're finally going to start going right, something shows up out of the blue, eh?" the Colonel said to nobody in particular as the HeliCarrier's crew feverishly worked on the ship's controls, pushing its capabilities to the limit to try and keep Flash and Zod within range. "Keep Zod in our sights, but don't close the gap unless we have to. The last thing we need to do is draw his attention; that's what the metas down below are for. Once the missile is armed, I want it locked onto Zod's location at all times. We fire, then tell Flash to evacuate before it hits; he's fast enough to get everyone out in time.

"The timing on this operation is critical. I want you boys to be ready for absolutely anything."

Fury looked out the bridge's window, and squinting his good eye, was able to see Superman and Power Man rising into the air.

"Hell, who knows? We might even survive this one."

------

Miles away, a scarlet streak skimmed across the surface of the Atlantic ocean, pursued by another in the sky above. Zod and his controller could not match the Flash's speed, even at maximum velocity. The water beneath the Earthman's feet churned, a sonic boom in his wake as they approached the mainland of Africa. He was faster than Zod....but not faster than light.

The General let loose with blasts of heat vision, crimson beams issued forth from his eyes searing the air and boiling the water. At such tremendous speed, Flash was a difficult target to hit, but it was only a matter of time.

"You are a challenging target, Flash," Zod's voice spoke, addressing the quarry by name, "....but you will be deleted."

Damn! Damn! Damn! "DAMN!!!" I shout as I have to make a ninety degree turn to avoid the blast of heat and boiling water that springs up infront of us. The situation is bad enough, but it's made worse by GA constantly shouting "left, right, left, look out!"

"Just concentrate on firing at his face, and keeping those rays off of us!" I say to him. But I know it's hard for him to keep on target when both Zod and I are zig-zagging all over the place.

Water spouts continue to explode around us, the boiling water buring are skin at times. But the shared speed heals us almost as fast as we're injured. Still hurts, though.

That's when land finally comes in sight. Just a few more seconds. I dodge a few more times, starting to think that Zod might be toying with us now. "This is going to get real nasty," I warn the Arrow, knowing what's about to happen.

We hit land. But that's not the problem. I'm used to making the transition at superspeed, and the hoversled keeps GA's ride smooth. The real problem is that the heat rays aren't exploding boiling water into the air anymore. It's exploding dirt and sand at such a tempature that they melt and cool instantly, shredding us with razor sharp slivers of glass!

Our costumes are soon in tatters, blood pouring for a moment from thousands of small wounds before healing up and pouring from thousands of others. The pain is horrible, but I continue to push. Faster and faster, aiming in the general direction of the desert. Only need to hold out a little longer. I tap into the speed, feeling the energy enter me. I don't know where it comes from, or how I pull it, but I pull it harder than ever.

I notice the explosions and glass around us beginning to slow down. It's also becomming easier to dodge the blasts as we accelerate to a new level of speed. In a moment, the ground changes to the blanket of sand that is the Sahara Desert, a moment later we're in the middle of it and I slam on the brakes. Zod overshoots us, giving us a moment to rest.

I use my speed to quickly heal us. For the first time we can feel the oppressive heat, even this late in the afternoon with the sun so low in the west.

"Get ready," I say.

Master Bruce said:

M-Ma... Pa... P-Perry... Jimmy... L-Lois... Z-Zod... ZOD...

Zod.

My eyes burst open, once the feeling sets in. I look around. I'm... well, underwater. I don't know how long I've been down here, how I got here, or why I-

Wait. The battle. Yes, that's it... I need to... need to get back to the battle...

I look up. Another individual. Forget his name. Power... something. Tugging at my cape. He's in scuba gear, but he's looking back, alarmed. I peer at his air tanks. They're crumbling. He'll drown if I don't do something. I move, swimming upwards, grabbing him with one arm.

Alright, Clark. This is just like those swimming lessons back in Smallville Junior High. Except alot deeper, and definatley alot more dangerous.

Well, and I'm not busy staring at Lana in a bathing suit...

I push myself forward. Come on. Come on... you can do it. Just a little further. Come on, Clark. You made the world believe a man could fly. Don't disprove them... Especially now. I look up. The sun is getting closer, from the reflection off the surface. Keep at it. Need to keep...

And that's when we hit the surface.

Water surrounds us in a blur as I rocket us into the sky. The combination of air and speed dries us almost instantly. I look at the individual I'm carrying, as he takes an obviously much needed breath of air.

"Let's get you out of here.", I say, as we take to the skies.

Alright. Need to drop him off somewhere. Then, I find out where Zod is, and finish this. Once and for all.

"***** no man, I'm gonna help you. It's my job after all. Oh by the way, Right now Zod should be on his way to Africa. He's chasing two jinky ass white boys in costumes."

I feel sick. Although I'm one of the few men to go the speed of sound without the help of a jet or car.

"Excuse me for a second."

My dinner from last night comes up on the desert sand.

"What a rush."

I examine my cuts and scratches. Suddenly, the sound of something cutting through the air fills the sky. I take my longbow and string three nitro arrows. Now only my special lucky arrow remains in my quiver.

"Let's do this thing old timer."

I pull back on the string and aim at the looming doom ahead.

byrd_man said:
I feel sick. Although I'm one of the few men to go the speed of sound without the help of a jet or car.

"Excuse me for a second."

My dinner from last night comes up on the desert sand.

"It's ok, I've seen it happen before." The dark shadow in the sky gets closer and closer. I use my arms to whip up a couple of whirlwinds and launch the sand at Zod, giving him a taste of what we just went through. I see GA pull out his last arrow. It looks to be made of an amazing green mineral, something I've never seen before. I don't know how effective it will be, but when you're desparate...

"...now would be a good time," I whisper to whomever may be listening...

wiegeabo said:
"It's ok, I've seen it happen before." The dark shadow in the sky gets closer and closer. I use my arms to whip up a couple of whirlwinds and launch the sand at Zod, giving him a taste of what we just went through. I see GA pull out his last arrow. It looks to be made of an amazing green mineral, something I've never seen before. I don't know how effective it will be, but when you're desparate...

"...now would be a good time," I whisper to whomever may be listening...

"Wait for it......Wait for it......Now!"

I let the three arrows fly and they strike Zod dead on those three strange orbs on his head. I quickly string my last arrow and wait.

"Come on then you ugly son of a *****."

I say under my breath.

General Zod flailed violently as the explosive arrows hit their mark. The glowing orbs, the apparent means of controlling him, splattered into the form of black goo all over the General's face. His body shook, and fell from the sky. The explosions were harmless to his invulernable form; the mental shock, however, was devastating.

For a moment, he lay still, until his eyes snapped open. Zod was in control again.

"Damn you! I will not be the one who falls this day!"

As he rose, he felt a strange sickness overcoming him. His skin burned, and his vision began to blur. He felt dizzy and violently ill. Had he been...poisoned?

The General tried to shake the feeling away, and saw the Earthman in green preparing his weapon again. The arrowhead was a brilliant green, and it seemed to emanate energy from it. It was sapping his strength....and he was still over a hundred yards away from them.

Zod seethed as the sickness began to grow. He needed to end this, and quickly. He looked around, and saw nothing but dunes of sand. As the poison began to take its effect, Zod shot straight into the air.
"The Mother World survives in me! I cannot be brought low by inferiors and their tricks!"

Climbing higher and higher into the air, Zod breached the clouds for a moment, and took in the rays of the sun. The sickness was burned away, and new strength flowed into him. He looked down, to the apes thousands of feet below him, and sneered.

"This ends here."

Zod plummeted downwards, the air rippling behind him as he rocketed towards the earth at supersonic speed. If he could not approach them without the sickness taking him, then he would use their own terrain against them. The one called "Flash" was not the only one who could play tricks with sand...

The General slammed into the ground at full speed, plunging deep into the sand and hitting the bedrock below. The shockwave was tremendous, sending a massive wave of sand in all directions. The ground beneath the dunes shattered, and the very land around them began to shift. If they survived the oncoming wall of sand and stone, then the Earthmen would surely perish in the earthquake that would follow.

Andy C. said:
General Zod flailed violently as the explosive arrows hit their mark. The glowing orbs, the apparent means of controlling him, splattered into the form of black goo all over the General's face. His body shook, and fell from the sky. The explosions were harmless to his invulernable form; the mental shock, however, was devastating.

For a moment, he lay still, until his eyes snapped open. Zod was in control again.

"Damn you! I will not be the one who falls this day!"

As he rose, he felt a strange sickness overcoming him. His skin burned, and his vision began to blur. He felt dizzy and violently ill. Had he been...poisoned?

The General tried to shake the feeling away, and saw the Earthman in green preparing his weapon again. The arrowhead was a brilliant green, and it seemed to emanate energy from it. It was sapping his strength....and he was still over a hundred yards away from them.

"Something's wrong with him," I say in astonishment. Could we really have done that much damage?

Andy C. said:
Zod seethed as the sickness began to grow. He needed to end this, and quickly. He looked around, and saw nothing but dunes of sand. As the poison began to take its effect, Zod shot straight into the air.
"The Mother World survives in me! I cannot be brought low by inferiors and their tricks!"

Climbing higher and higher into the air, Zod breached the clouds for a moment, and took in the rays of the sun. The sickness was burned away, and new strength flowed into him. He looked down, to the apes thousands of feet below him, and sneered.

"This ends here."

Zod plummeted downwards, the air rippling behind him as he rocketed towards the earth at supersonic speed. If he could not approach them without the sickness taking him, then he would use their own terrain against them. The one called "Flash" was not the only one who could play tricks with sand...

The General slammed into the ground at full speed, plunging deep into the sand and hitting the bedrock below. The shockwave was tremendous, sending a massive wave of sand in all directions. The ground beneath the dunes shattered, and the very land around them began to shift. If they survived the oncoming wall of sand and stone, then the Earthmen would surely perish in the earthquake that would follow.

"HOLY SH-!!!" I dive and grab Green Arrow by the waist, vibrating our bodies as much as I can. The wall of sand and rock blasts into us, and a couple of seconds later, we've phased through it.

I drop Arrow and breath hard. That's when the ground begins to rumble...

byrd_man said:
"***** no man, I'm gonna help you. It's my job after all. Oh by the way, Right now Zod should be on his way to Africa. He's chasing two jinky ass white boys in costumes."

I blink, for a moment. Other people are tackling that monster? Oh no...

It doesn't take me but another moment to spot the craft infront of me. I use my x-ray vision to look through it, but it doesn't work. Lead-lined. Probably a goverment craft. Or...

I look down, noticing the bird-like crest on Power Man's gear. I've heard about this organisation through some stories in the newsroom back in Metropolis. But I thought they were myth, nothing more. Still, if half of what I've heard is true... Maybe I shouldn't stay long.

I fly to the top of the craft, spotting an entrance on the top of it. If this is where Power Man came from, He'll know what to do better than I would. But for now... I have other plans. Can't let Zod hurt anyone else.

"Thanks for the information, but... I'm afraid I can't accept your help on this.", I say, letting him down and floating back into the air.

"Believe me. Under any other circumstances, I'd be more than willing to oblige..."

I look down, for a moment, before turning, and flying off as fast as I can, towards Africa. The world becomes that all too familiar blur again, as I pass numerous patches of land and ocean, heading towards my destination. All in a matter of seconds. I think I actually broke my own speed limit. But if it makes me all the more devastating to Zod, I'm not about to complain.

Time to give him that hell I mentioned.

66671superman.bmp

"...But this is my fight."

Master Bruce said:

I blink, for a moment. Other people are tackling that monster? Oh no...

It doesn't take me but another moment to spot the craft infront of me. I use my x-ray vision to look through it, but it doesn't work. Lead-lined. Probably a goverment craft. Or...

I look down, noticing the bird-like crest on Power Man's gear. I've heard about this organisation through some stories in the newsroom back in Metropolis. But I thought they were myth, nothing more. Still, if half of what I've heard is true... Maybe I shouldn't stay long.

I fly to the top of the craft, spotting an entrance on the top of it. If this is where Power Man came from, He'll know what to do better than I would. But for now... I have other plans. Can't let Zod hurt anyone else.

"Thanks for the information, but... I'm afraid I can't accept your help on this.", I say, letting him down and floating back into the air.

"Believe me. Under any other circumstances, I'd be more than willing to oblige..."

I look down, for a moment, before turning, and flying off as fast as I can, towards Africa. The world becomes that all too familiar blur again, as I pass numerous patches of land and ocean, heading towards my destination. All in a matter of seconds. I think I actually broke my own speed limit. But if it makes me all the more devastating to Zod, I'm not about to complain.

Time to give him that hell I mentioned.

66671superman.bmp

"...But this is my fight."

I watch as humanity's last hope flys off into the distance.

"Good luck Hombre."

I make my way down to the helicarrier's control room and see Colonel Fury.

"Colonel Fury, sir, What's the status on the Zod fight?"

The ground starts to quake, it's as if God himself stepped on the ground.

"Oh damn."

I fall to my knees and look up in time to see a blue blur peirce the sky. Looks like Big Blue has hit the scene.

"Okay pops, time to get while the getting is good."

byrd_man said:
"Colonel Fury, sir, What's the status on the Zod fight?"

Fury glanced over his shoulder, seeing that Power Man had been brought back to the ship. Just a few seconds ago, he and Superman were barely a speck in the distance. If Superman was really that fast, the tactical advantage he could give to S.H.I.E.L.D. ....

The Colonel stopped that line of thinking. Focus on the here and now, old man.

"Zod's engaged Flash and Arrow in the Sahara, and from everything we can tell, just started his own earthquake. Damn good thing they got him to an unpopulated area, but communications say that the tremor was felt all the way to Cairo. Now that Superman's back in the game, he and Flash and Arrow should be able to pin Zod in one place long enough for us to get in our shot."

Fury reached into his jacket, pulled out a fresh pack of cigarettes, and tossed them to Power Man.

"Good job getting the big guy down there; you earned yourself a smoke today, soldier. Just don't light them until we win."

byrd_man said:
The ground starts to quake, it's as if God himself stepped on the ground.

"Oh damn."

I fall to my knees and look up in time to see a blue blur peirce the sky. Looks like Big Blue has hit the scene.

"Okay pops, time to get while the getting is good."

"No, we have to warn Superman about..." but there is no time. The ground shakes more and more, sand dunes begin to collapse, sending waves of sand at us. I grab Arrow and the world around us slows down. The shifting sand comes to a crawl. I start running with Arrow in tow through the almost frozen world. Almost because the two Kryptonians are still moving...towards each other.

Andy C. said:
Fury glanced over his shoulder, seeing that Power Man had been brought back to the ship. Just a few seconds ago, he and Superman were barely a speck in the distance. If Superman was really that fast, the tactical advantage he could give to S.H.I.E.L.D. ....

The Colonel stopped that line of thinking. Focus on the here and now, old man.

"Zod's engaged Flash and Arrow in the Sahara, and from everything we can tell, just started his own earthquake. Damn good thing they got him to an unpopulated area, but communications say that the tremor was felt all the way to Cairo. Now that Superman's back in the game, he and Flash and Arrow should be able to pin Zod in one place long enough for us to get in our shot."

Fury reached into his jacket, pulled out a fresh pack of cigarettes, and tossed them to Power Man.

"Good job getting the big guy down there; you earned yourself a smoke today, soldier. Just don't light them until we win."

I smile, when this man was mad he lived up to his surname. The times you do good he can make you feel like you really did something.

"Although I prefer stogies, I'll take em when I can get em."

The force at which Flash grabs me takes me by surprise. I drop my arrow into the quaking sand.

"No, I have to go back to get my arrow. I need it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"