One Universe RPG: Season III OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already got my first Gordon post written. Just ready to post it. It's one of the longer ones I've written.

Oh, and wieg. POST AS JIM! :cmad:

I want to

[BLACKOUT]Diagnose someone with numb tongue[/BLACKOUT]

Before we can open a new OOC, we need a season IV banner, and a summary of season III to go in the first post.

While I'm working on my award nominations, I'd be willing to write up the season summary as well if everyone would pm me the big things their characters went through.

BEST STORYLINE - Law & Order: Gotham City
2uikxgk.png
So many things were happening in Gotham at the same time. Gordon was dealing with the mob, crooked cops, and masked freaks. A new Batman was in town while the real Batman was trying to stop mutant slavery. But everything really culminated with the Rise & Fall of Harvey Dent. It's been a long time coming, and it still feels like we didn't get enough Harvey. Really going to miss that hero.

BEST HERO - Wally West (SenseiofCheese)
This was a tough category because the heroes really came into their own this season. But Sensei told the story of Wally returning to being a hero after spending years resenting Barry. Barry's death was a turning point for Wally, and almost by himself, Sensei has built Wally into the new Flash.

BEST VILLAIN - Doctor Doom (Johnny Blaze)
He may not be around anymore, living it up in a homoerotic alien drunken orgy on Pluto, but he played Doom the way Doom was meant to be played. He methodically laid out and executed a plan that included selling the souls of Ursa and Non to Neron (or maybe it was Mephisto), building Amazo to attack the League and X-Men, and tricking the New God Metron himself. Only a rag tag group was able to trap Doom in the Source Wall before he could breach it.

An honorable mention to Matt's Joker. That guy is a ****ed up, completey insane, brutal bastard who's only goal is...um...uh...did I mention he's ****ing insane? And it shows in his Joker. ;)

BEST DEVELOPED CHARACTER - Harvey Dent (Keyser Soze)
This was a no brainer for me. Keyser has spent so much time carefully putting all the pieces in Gotham together to bring Dent to the height of glory, only to utterly destroy him and turn him into a monster worse than any he once fought. If DC and Marvel made a One Universe comic, this is how Harvey Dent's life should play out. (And damn you for what you did to Gilda...:()

BEST FIGHT - Daredevil vs. Joker
There's only one word that describes this fight: brutal.
I mean, my god, I've seen footage from actual wars that were less brutal than this fight. No holds barred. Both fighters were pretty much trying to kill the other. And when it was over, I honestly couldn't understand why one or both of them weren't dead. Hell, I was thinking that halfway through the fight.

Honarable mention to Johnny Blaze as Amazo. That ****er just ripped through everyone who stood in his way and actually won.

BEST POST - I can never pick for this category. One day maybe I'll start keeping track of exceptional posts so I can go back and look them over come awards time.

MVP - Keyser Soze
There's a reason Byrd and I brought him on board as AGM. He paid us.

Last edited:
Oh, jeez, wieg. You love Scrubs, Supernatural, and then you go and do something like that.

I just...I..I have no words :csad:

*Awkward man-hug*

Would it be an awkward man-hug without some ass-grabbing?

Come now.

I'm going to keep them short, because I have a test to study for.

BEST STORYLINE
- The fall of Harvey Dent.

Seriously, quite possibly someof the best writing I have ever seen.

BEST HERO - Wally West (SenseiofCheese)

I'm not a hue Flash fan, but I loved how Sensei brought out the doubts, and ultimate return of a hero.

BEST VILLAIN - Joker (Matt Murdok)

Sadistic, crazy, and utterly dreadful. The way the Joker should be.

BEST DEVELOPED CHARACTER - Harvey Dent (Keyser Soze)

Perfect. The only word to describe it.

BEST FIGHT - Daredevil vs. Joker

Brutal and bloody, and I loved every post of it.

BEST POST - I honestly don't know. Sorry.

MVP - Keyser Soze

This was tough between Keyser and Byrd, but I give the nod to Keyser for just the greatest of ever Harvey Dent post.

I'm too lazy to PM, so the noteworthy Spider-Man news of Season III was that he delved deeper into the symbiote before ditching it, and he revealed his secret to Babs - who revealed hers in turn.

BEST STORYLINE: The Fall of Harvey Dent

It seems inaccurate to award this as a Season III award, since Keyser has been working on this - dare I say? - masterpiece since long before this Season. I was here to see the seeds planted, and I'm glad to say that I got to see the plant grow. And boy, did it ever.

BEST HERO: The Flash/Wally West

I am so glad that I dropped the Flash, for whatever reason I did. I say that because Sensei was more than willing to take up the reins, and take them up he did. Sensei just had good, old-fashioned comic book fun with Wally. Beating on bad guys, meeting other heroes, reminding everyone he's the Fastest Man Alive. It was a welcome break from the bleak and dreary - even if that bleak and dreary, as I've already said, was most excellent in its own right.

BEST VILLAIN: Doctor Doom

Like wiegeabo said, it's obvious that Johnny Blaze knew Doctor Doom. It takes a certain minded person to write Doom effectively. First of all, one must have the foresight to develop a complex, lengthy plan. Johnny Blaze did so. Second of all, one must put the universe in peril. Johnny Blaze did so. Third of all...okay, I don't have a third point. Nevermind that.

BEST DEVELOPED CHARACTER
: Commissioner Gordon

The only character which can compete with Keyser's Harvey, so I'm going to spread the wealth. He can't move mountains or heal or sling webs. He doesn't wear a cape or a domino mask or tights. For these reasons and more, he's one of the harder characters to write. How does one write a compelling drama of a normal man living a world of superhumans? Ask Byrd.

BEST FIGHT: Everyone versus Amazo

'Nuff said.

BEST POST: The Season Ender

This should be a standard for every Season in every RPG. I'm sure Keyser will say that it wasn't easy to put together, but it brings a sense of finality to the Season which is, in my opinion, sorely needed. Often times, it feels like we end a Season out of obligation. This post made it feel like an organic, logical progression of all everyone's accomplished. Plus, it set up next Season to be kickass.

MVP
: wiegeabo

When all else fails, he doesn't. Okay, so G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra looks like a total crapfest, but the line was fitting, so I'll use it. wiegeabo is undoubtedly the driving force behind this RPG, and that's why I have no worries that he'll have the next OOC thread up promptly. :yay:

BEST STORYLINE You want ORDER in Gotham?

BEST HERO Batman (wieg)

BEST VILLAIN Two-Face (Keyser)

BEST DEVELOPED CHARACTER The Flash (Sensei)

BEST FIGHT Justice League/X-Men vs. Magneto and the Brotherhood

BEST POST Can't decide...

MVP wiegeabo, more or less for taking up the reigns of GM and also helping to get all the major storylines moving and completed in style.:up:

Wow, guys. I can't emphasize enough how much it means to have you guys nominate Flash. It always felt like what I wrote kind of fell by the wayside, seeing as it was probably the least 'epic' and one of the smaller stories going on. But it feels really great to see you guys, not only read and remembered it, but liked it as well.

Wow, guys. I can't emphasize enough how much it means to have you guys nominate Flash. It always felt like what I wrote kind of fell by the wayside, seeing as it was probably the least 'epic' and one of the smaller stories going on. But it feels really great to see you guys, not only read and remembered it, but liked it as well.

Who are you again? :huh:

Thanks for all the awards recognition, guys. I invested a lot in Harvey Dent's journey, so it means a lot knowing some of you were reading and enjoying it. I hope to keep up the high standard next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"