Sequels Opening scene of the MCU X-men

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Ok everyone. So the opening scene in the last series is iconic. It immediately set the scene for the real world issues of the series. Even people who aren’t comic book fans but are movie fans are obsessed with that scene.

So how should the mcu start? For me I would love to begin with a closeup of a spotlight from a car followed by that iconic scene from the Paul Jenkins X-men series

Marvel's openings tend to be set in the past (Ant-Man 1 and 2, Thor 1 and 2, Civil War, GOTG 1 and 2). I'd be okay if that trend continued.

It'd be best if we were introduced to a mutant we haven't yet seen before, but I'd be smitten with a comic-accurate depiction the Summers' plane crash (don't cast Mom & Dad yet, that can be for future Starjammers spin-offs, or Shi'Ar-centric sequels). Maybe showcase Sinister as the puppet master behind the accident.

That could be cool.

Either way I hope they keep the danger room closing sequence. I’ve always loved the Bondian element of that

Prologue flashback: Open the movie right in the heat of a mission with the O5. Things go south and the team barely makes it out intact. The team breaks up, Warren and Hank leave.

5-6 years later, we open to the audience surrogate (Jubilee/Kitty).

Team arrives on jet to stop a riot and the characters appear in the order of the 90s animated series opening sequence.

I wouldn't mind an Anti-Mutant Propoganda Ad opening the film. It could finish with a "...sponsored by Senator Kelly" (might be too similar to X1), or "...endorsed by the Friends of Humanity". Just something to set the tone for the human/mutant conflict.

Also wouldn't mind any Anti-Mutant forces, if introduced, purposefully classifying any previous MCU characters (Good or Bad) as mutants to help aid their cause (while I'm also thinking this could be a way to incorporate X-Men/Mutants into the larger MCU). Just an idea.

The beginning of Ultimate X-Men was good. Sentinels already established and mutants being hunted in the streets cutting to a news report about Magneto and his brotherhood...

I wouldn't mind an Anti-Mutant Propoganda Ad opening the film. It could finish with a "...sponsored by Senator Kelly" (might be too similar to X1), or "...endorsed by the Friends of Humanity". Just something to set the tone for the human/mutant conflict.

Also wouldn't mind any Anti-Mutant forces, if introduced, purposefully classifying any previous MCU characters (Good or Bad) as mutants to help aid their cause (while I'm also thinking this could be a way to incorporate X-Men/Mutants into the larger MCU). Just an idea.
Sounds good. I’d rather they go with “endorsed by the Friends of Humanity” for variety’s sake. I still want them to have Senator Kelly and other anti-mutant antagonists in positions of power, preferably who have contact with each other and eventually cooperate. I don’t want them to be the main threat of any of the early films but to have a building presence as the films continue.

Professor Xavier speaking:

"Control. It is something these young people have never been able to attain. They lived in fear of who and what they were since puberty."

Enter Scott shooting the roof off of his orphanage. He keeps his eyes clenched shut so tightly it causes intense pain.

They keep him in a juvenile detention facility until the Prof arrives knocking out the guards and placing simple glasses atop of his head prof then says "Open your eyes. Everything will be alright." In the most calming parental voice, Scott had never heard. He for some reason believes him and does as he says and sees sunlight for the first time in months only with a rose-colored tent. He then takes him away to a better place.

"Some even longer."

Jean in a mental institution as a ten-year-old until she is liberated by the prof with head harness device silencing the voices in her mind driving her insane.

"Some believed themselves to be animals."

Logan naked in the Candian wilderness like a wild beast he hears everything too loudly sees everything too brightly and feels everything like razor blades against his skin. Then Professor comes subdues him with his telepathy and when Logan awakes with a helmet on though still gruff, not unable to regulate his abilities anymore he speaks words for the first time in years."Who the f#@$ are you?"

Hank being picked on on his way to a science fair in a school football field for having large feet and a gorilla-like look and being a nerd. They chant "Planet of the Apes" as they beat him with baseball bats. The intense trauma causes his secondary mutation to activate giving him a thick coat of dark blue fur. Hank tied to a tetherball pole rope connecting the tetherball wrapped around his transforming body.

His muscles shifting as he transitions to his new appearance nightmarishly mimicking lycanthrop tranformation. He snarls and ferociously with bright glowing yellow eyes roars at the teen boys who instinctively start to attack him with their baseball bats again calling Hank a "monster!" and a "mutie!" Hank hits the ground and recoils whimpering like a dog who has been injured.

Then Prof. X comes and extends his hand Hank accepts it and takes him away on a jet as the bullies stare stunned.

"Others "gods." "

Ororo on her African throne in Kenya. In front of her throne is Prof. X.

Flashback to 15 years prior:

Prof sees a little Ororo with her lock pins breaking into an African villager's house. She places each one on either side of her face behind her ears mimicking a crown. Younger Prof gives the little girl a raised eyebrow.

Flash forward:

He looks at her with the same "crown" on. He raises a brow again.

"All wanted one thing; a place they could call home. I gave them a place where they finally are in control of their destiny. They wanted to know who and what they were so I told them "you are..." "

Closeup of Professor X's lips echoing the term

"mutants."

to each character at their respective locations.

Opening Titles

Prologue flashback: Open the movie right in the heat of a mission with the O5. Things go south and the team barely makes it out intact. The team breaks up, Warren and Hank leave.

5-6 years later, we open to the audience surrogate (Jubilee/Kitty).

I love this idea, but I would incorporate the "snap" as the reasons for things going south.

The O5 is confronting Magneto at a military base. Mags is in his traditional helm, but we don't get a good look at his face, allowing for a later recast. Xavier is directing the team from the school, but we don't see or hear from him either. Both sides are gearing up for a final attack when Magneto and Bobby are dusted. We get a peek in the mansion and see an empty wheel chair.

We cut to five years later. The Westchester Academy (Secretly operated by the Hellfire Club) has taken over Xavier's old school. Warren is running his father's business in NYC. Hank is a scientist working for Stark Industries, developing a new version of the super soldier serum. Bobby returned after the Banner snap, still a teen. Eric and Charles are still missing. Jean and Scott are looking to rebuild the school, but despite Warren's help they are looking at much less posh accommodations for the New Xavier School. With a big, old house in need of serious repairs under lease, the only thing left is recruitment. First stop - Africa!

A narration of course talking about how mutants have always been around but have more or less been hiding in the shadows...up until a few decades ago. Cuts to World War 2 Holocaust with Erik Lehnsherr who we know as Magneto as a child being separated from his parents and then him showing his powers as it cuts to Professor Charles Xavier as a child showcasing his powers for the first time and being afraid of his powers. Then it cuts to both Charles and Erik meeting each other for the first time as young men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"