Opinion on Space Ghost Origin

Peyton Westlake

the Dark Avenger
Reaction score
Space Ghost Origin & Background on his Universe

Universe Background

Year 2107
Due to global population increases various countries sought solutions to aid Earth with alarming spikes in population. This caused tremendous strains on many nations. Economically there were not enough jobs, housing , or food. Still those countries affected by this problem were forced to install programs to assist unfortunate people in economies that were substandard already, placing more financial strain on themselves. A U.N. council meeting was held and the solution was to colonize space.

Year 2112
A joint effort by many nations began to colonize space thru private companies under loose regulations. The leader in space colonization was ‘Earth2Stars' or E2S headed by president & founder Turk Pearce. Those countries who could support this economically sent their people ,after a screening process, by space shuttles supplied by E2S. Those countries who could not support the cost were chosen by a lottery system, with a predetermined amount of colonists they can send which was set by the U.N. This soon alleviated many economic pressures back on Earth and space colonies were able to show quick profit margins.

Year 2117
Soon alien races were discovered ,foreign diplomacy instituted towards them and alliances formed. The colonies began to trade with each other ,Earth, as well as alien races, increasing their profits. It was so prosperous shipping and trade lanes were mapped out in space. It was another industrial revolution and it benefitted all. Each colony had exceptionally low crime rates due to high morale & production. So the colonies appointed constables to keep order, without much funding or regulation from governing bodies.

Year 2122
It wasn’t long until the colonies faced the problem of crime they though they escaped from their parent country on Earth. Space pirates frequently raided shipping lanes & looted cargo ships. Criminals in colonies began to rob colonial business’ and banks. This problem was addressed by the U.N. on Earth and their solution was to establish a law enforcement group for the colonies given full support, funding, equipment and authority to police the space ways. The U.N. security council thru research, interviews and planning selected a director. Their 1st choice was British military colonel Marcus Grant to head the Colonial Space Rangers or CSR’s.

Year 2124
It wasn’t long after the CSR’s implemented Grant’s ideas & plans that they began to get the results they wanted. He was hands on in all decisions with the CSR’s from where bases were to be built to the design of their uniform. [ white tight fitting uniform with a photo I.D. at the neckline for troopers]
Grant’s methods yielded incredible results reducing crime by 75%. He apprehended many criminals on the colony grounds as well as in space, crippling space pirates raiding cargo ships. He did this thru intelligence gathering & sound planning, as he used surprise attacks against the pirates, coming out of nowhere. He was soon dubbed Space Ghost by the criminals.

Year 2126
Grant became well respected thru out the colonies & earth as well. His legend grew. It wasn’t long until Grant turned his attention on Turk Pearce, a very powerful player in space colonization & everyone accepted him at face value as a savior. But Grant wondered about Pearce’s empire and decided to launch a covert mission to spy on him and watch E2S’s machinations. Grant watched Turk’s moves, studied his financial records, and thru surveillance and intelligence reports gathered thru the CSR’s began to document all his findings on Turk Pearce and E2S. Grant discovered what he believed all along, that Pearce was dirty. Grant uncovered that Pearce was transporting equipment to manufacture nuclear weapons, mining for uranium, and held business deals to sell nuclear warheads on the black market. Turk Pearce was a nuclear arms trafficker and Grant’s number 1 most wanted. Grant was afraid Turk would sell his arms to the highest bidder, perhaps an alien race that will use it for terrorism.

Year 2127
As Marcus Grant gathered more evidence to indict Turk Pearce , Pearce was also aware he was being scrutinized by the CSR’s and hired assassins ,Zorak & Brak ,to dispose of Grant. One night Grant planned on watching a particular mine Pearce used to mine for uranium and watch its operations. Marcus was ambushed by the assassins, they left his unconscious body in the mine and sealed it up, detonated a remote bomb which collapsed the mine & killed Grant. Pearce thru media which was paid off, wrote off his death as an accident while Grant was there on inspection for other purposes. Grant’s death had set back the CSR’s program & they never fully recovered under his leadership. A power struggle ensued about who would run the CSR’s as director and their effectiveness suffered. Soon the CSR’s were disbanded until a new director was selected. Turk Pearce had won , or so he thought.

Space Ghost’s Origin

Year 2128
Thaddeus Bach, an American special forces soldier was named successor. He quickly poured thru Grant’s files to learn as much as he could & return the CSR’s to their former glory. It was soon under Bach’s leadership the CSR’s returned to its height it achieved with Grant. Bach also read the file about the covert mission on Turk Pearce which Grant was working on at the time of his death. In his honor, Bach promised too see thru to the end the completion of Grant’s mission. Bach worked endless hours on the data collected by Grant and was close to exposing Pearce. Before Bach left to examine the Grant’s place of death , Turk again was tipped off . Becoming nervous about Bach’s involvement Turk again contacted Zorak & Brak. Their plan was to have Bach arrive at the scene, then have the assassins detonate a low level nuclear device which would destroy Bach, the mine and the colony as well, eliminating all evidence for last. Turk was going to blame the explosion on a faulty power grid which was powered by nuclear energy.

Year 2129
Turk’s plan was executed to perfection and the news lines stated ‘ CSR director killed in blast, colony now a Ghost Planet ‘ But there was something supernatural that happened Turk did not plan. All the innocent souls who perished in the blast stopped Bach’s body from ascending to a higher place and delivered Bach’s body back to the Ghost Planet. It was here something supernatural occurred. Some say it was unfinished business, that a soul that has business still on the physical realm will remain until its complete. That Grant’s obsession with Pearce kept him here in some form. Noone is sure what happened but Grant’s soul , along with Bach’s merged on the Ghost Planet in Bach’s body & they became one. Bach was now alive, and was aware of Grant in him. Grant’s soul made Bach physically stronger, it also gave him the ability to vanish at will & become invisible. Bach used the CSR uniform ,donned a black tight fitting mask, blacked out the photo I.D. on his uniform to resemble a silhouette and became Space Ghost. Finding repair tools in his damaged starship Space Ghost used wrist bands (heat, cold,etc.) to weld & seal holes in the starship and renamed it the Phantom Cruiser.Grant’s soul also allows Bach the power of flight and ability to breathe in space. Space Ghost now uses the Ghost Planet as his lair and vows to hunt down Pearce and all involved in his and Grant’s death.

It's freaking awesome that's what it is!

CAH

To be honest, i prefer the Universe background to the Space Ghost Origin.
The all supernatural angle could easily be scrap for a more normal angle.
But that´s me...

It´s a good job nevertheless :up:

Isildur´s Heir said:
But that´s me...

I have to say the opposite in that I like the Origin better than the background, but it's all very good.

The thing is...we have to make this film BELIEVABLE....people have to actually think they are really seeing what's happening.

Like I've said MANY times before, I'm starting the Space Ghost screenplay next month (hopefully with the help of my very talented and imaginative friend) and I'll try to put as much of PW's background and origin into it as possible. And don't worry PW...if the film ever gets made, you'll get the "Story by" credit. (probably more than that too) I'll just get the "Screenplay by" credit...:cwink:.

Anyways...I replied to your Pm earlier, and I need to work out some scenes with you....you can even help me with dialogue next month. :word:

CAH

Isildur´s Heir said:
But that´s me...

Thanx for the input.

jrpstarwars said:
Why, you writing a script or something???
No...that would be ME. Peyton is simply supervising, helping with plot details, etc. He came up with 1/2 the story in the first film (we haven't gotten to sequels yet) and I did the other 1/2.

And with this new story I've got all due to Peyton's supremely awesome thinking...I am pretty damn sure you fans will enjoy this film quite a bit.

CAH

Thanks bud. I owe most of it, if not all of it, to you man.

Believe me folks, if you liked the SG comic, you will not be disappointed.

CAH

Well 2 minds work better then 1 when your passionate about something.

Peyton Westlake said:
Well 2 minds work better then 1 when your passionate about something.
Ain't it the truth.

I have always been passionate about this character and I have been writing and working on this SG project since about this time last year, and it's made a lot of progress. I just can't wait to finally be able to buy the rights to the film...:wow:

CAH

Will pass along to you some more ideas on some of the points we discussed.

Much Appreciated brother.

CAH

I prefer the origin given in the mini series written by Joe Kelly (as taken from Wikipedia):

Space Ghost's real name is revealed to be Thaddeus Bach. (Interestingly, Space Ghost's real name on SGC2C Thaddeus (Tad) Ghostal.) Bach, an interplanetary peacekeeper, is betrayed by corrupt officers, who kill his pregnant wife and abandon him on a desolate planet. Bach is rescued by an alien who gives him both a reason to live and the technology contained in his suit.

The Question said:
I prefer the origin given in the mini series written by Joe Kelly (as taken from Wikipedia):
I LOVE that origin as well, but you're not seeing the big picture here.

We're MERGING the origins into one, so some stuff you will see will be from the comic, and some will be our own creativity. I think it works best that way.

And I think most of you wil agree...if this film ever sees the light of day. (please support it as much as possible!!! :yay::yay:)

CAH

I do agree, trying to make it as good as possible by blending a lot of ideas.

Yeah.

There are a LOT of subplots in the film that all need to be straightened out by film's end, but that won't happen seeing as the end is is a cliffhanger, and a very good cliffhanger I must say so myself.

And just for you people who might want to know, I'd that that considering everything going on in the first film that it could be about 2 hours, 15 minutes long. Maybe more. It's going to be a lot longer than I thought now...with all the new stuff added...

CAH

C.A.H. said:
I LOVE that origin as well, but you're not seeing the big picture here.

We're MERGING the origins into one, so some stuff you will see will be from the comic, and some will be our own creativity. I think it works best that way.

And I think most of you wil agree...if this film ever sees the light of day. (please support it as much as possible!!! :yay::yay:)

CAH

But why not use the only really official origin as opposed to making one up? I mean, there doesn't really seem to be a need to make him into some kind of spirit of vengence.

The Question said:
But why not use the only really official origin as opposed to making one up? I mean, there doesn't really seem to be a need to make him into some kind of spirit of vengence.

True, but unlike a famous character, aka Batman, Space Ghost's origin isn't well known to begin with. So you would not be offending the so called 'purists' in any way because there aren't any. And the points that I thought could be improved on is what I changed.

The Question said:
We're not really 'making one up'. We're simply adding to it.

MOST of the original origin is there, but we've added our own little "twist" to it. You'll see eventually, and I'm pretty confident that it will have mostly postive outlook upon it.

CAH

Peyton Westlake said:
True, but unlike a famous character, aka Batman, Space Ghost's origin isn't well known to begin with. So you would not be offending the so called 'purists' in any way because there aren't any. And the points that I thought could be improved on is what I changed.

But you basically made it completely different. Instead of it being a personal story of revenge and self re-evaluation, it turned into a supernatural calling. The changes just seemed unnecessairy. We have a very good story to be used as a precident. Why not actually use it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"