Opinion on Space Ghost Origin

wow!! you guys are the sh-t!! space ghost like a hard core of "batman begins"
that'll work for me. and on my last posting I was just asking if jace and jan will be it in, skip the monkey bit. its cool if you guys have space ghost a one man show who needs side kicks anyway?? I would be first in line for
spaaaaaaaace ghost!!!!!! and thanks for replying (much luck)
ps. who would be his villian?? and would he have his spaceship invisoplane??

CAH AND PEYTON WESTLAKE I'LL APOLOGIZE FOR THE MIX UP, I PRAY THAT BOTH OF YOU CAN MAKE THIS MOVIE ONE DAY. Im sure by far it would be hella alot better than disney "underdog" movie not that Im putting you guys movie at that level . such a crappy movie its not out yet but I would'nt even take a real dog to see it. it'll probaly suffer and bark its way out of the theather crying (haaaaahaaa)

Thanks hotrider...we really appreciate the support.

Yes, of course it will take some time to get this project even greenlit (due to the fact that I won't be actually making movies for about 5-7 years...and I don't know what Peyton plans on)...but, we are really hoping that we can settle on a great story (we're getting closer and closer) and then I can write the screenplay, or at least a good draft of it.

The story we've currently got is really really good in my opinion, and we are adding a couple other things to it before it is final. We are also taking some stuff away, at least I plan to (I think I told you this Peyton)...because to me, this has to be a realistic and believable story...and some of the stuff, well, might be a little..."Umm...WTF?!"...I am also working on a way to incorporate more Space Ghost into it, because right now, he really only appears at the end...or "closer" to the end...there is a LOT of story to go through with the original origin from the original comic from 2004 AND the new stuff we've added, and I'd say right now, this movie looks to be about 2 and 1/2 hours long...and I don't want the actual SG to only appear in the last 30 minutes only...so I am currently working on a way to fix that problem.

But yeah man...as soon as we get a final story worked out, and I am satisfied (and I'll make sure you guys are satisfied as well)...then I'll write a new draft of the screenplay...and in about 7-10 years, hopefully, we can get this baby greenlit at Warner Bros.

BTW, NO...I do not want Jan/Jace/Blip in this series...it is MUCH too dark and not child-like in ANY way...so it would almost stupid for me to include two kids and a pet monkey...but I WAS thinking, I could feature them some way...but I will not reveal that just yet. But, don't expect them to be "sidekicks" to Space Ghost...he'll be doing to much @sskicking to worry about two kids and a monkey. :woot:

CAH

cah , I was thinking more on the line jan and jace adults like robin is black sparrow?? I think. and space ghost emerge at the end of a 2 and half hour movie like dang dude the origin stroyline must be deep and intensifing for space ghost to show up for now last 30 min. you must have a hella alot to deal with. Im not knocking you down by no means, but if you look at it for now it should be called "the man who becomes space ghost" that way you dont have to explain why it takes space ghost so long to appear in the movie I know Im being lame here bwtf why not

It's no problem hotrider...I'm glad we have a new fan. We need all the support we can get.

Whether it be as kids or adults, I am positive that Jan and Jace wouldn't have a very big role at all, if they were even introduced, which I am still debating. I have the perfect way to make them a part of the film, a very small part, but still...we'll have to see.

I won't even be writing the new draft of the script for a long while, maybe around June/July at the earliest.

CAH

The only reason that Space Ghost would really show up late at the end is because there IS a VERY big story to tell, and a very complicated origin, with everything that was in the original comic book AND the new stuff that Peyton Westlake and I have added.

Which is why I am working on a way to remove some of the stuff that really doesn't have to be there, and I am working on a way to show much more of The Ghost...throughout the movie.

It's a very long and hard process, but I'll eventually let you know what's going down.

CAH

ok, writing a movie is more complicated than I thought adding things together that'll make sense to the fans and to the producers wow!!! you guys got your hands full. if you guys can pull it off I would surely like to see the results. and in some years to come, I can sit back and say yeah!! I talk to those guys who made this movie at one time a little bragging

Yeah, the main thing that we are trying to accomplish here is really just to please the fans...and we're trying to start one hell of a franchise!

You see, I've had a trilogy in mind ever since I started thinking about this project, and I've already got the basic story/villains planned for 2 sequels...but before we even really even CONSIDER sequels, we've got to make the first film all that it can be...a badass script, great actors/acting, and overall a fantastic movie. You see, if you make a horrible first film, then no one will want to see a sequel...so, we're giving the first film OUR "ALL" right now...and it is turning out great.

BTW, you are right about the writing. Writing a script is the hardest yet greatest thing I have ever done, because although it may be supremely frustrating at some times and I want to rip it all up...it also has its benefits. You see, when writing a script...you have all the freedom in the world. You can make and write WHATEVER you want...there isn't anything you can't do. And I love to be creative...which is why i love to work on my very own original concepts.

Space Ghost, to me, has always been awesome, and he's simply a great character, whether you're laughing at him...or cheering for him in a comic! I can be creative with this script, and we are...but, with original ideas (ones that are NOT adaptations of something)...you have ALL THE FREEDOM IN THE WORLD...of course, until the MPAA sees your movie. :woot:

CAH

yeah, I feel the same way about shawn levy making the flash movie he knowns nothing about his back ground. and they want to make a light movie for kids and we adults who been waiting for years for this one movie and if shawn levy dont do it right the first time around it will suck big time. and the flash may never ever get another chance to prove who he is and what he can do for the flash fans. so Im hopeing you guys make it right!!! the first time around. p.s. are you guys in your mid 30's?? or 40's??

cah, if your trying to plz the fans most of them are my age by now 48 unless your reaching for younger fans. fans only know space ghost from the 60's cartoon my age but if your twisting it in a new formatt you might have to add jan and jace to bring back memory and add them as adults as a cameo apperance so the older crowd can say oh, yeah I remember them. Im not saying make it cartoonist by no means but you got to realize 98% of people will remember as a cartoon and be looking for at lease jan and jace and the invisoplane space ghost has. Im pulling for you, but you have to have no matter what the basic ingredient what make space ghost space ghost from fans stand point. you cant change iron man from iron man. any other way would'nt be iron man just a robotic man from iron man. Im sure thats your delima with space ghost

last but not lease sometimes you and peyton can get some good ideals from people who interact with you on this page you never know??

Thanks, once again, hotrider...but you needn't worry. There'll be some great tributes to the old cartoon...its truly a classic, that I think we all love. (I am actually hoping to have the main villain in the first film just shout "SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE GHOOOOOOOOST!" in anger...)

I am actually just in my teen years right now, but don't let that discourage you...I'm very passionate about this project...and so is Peyton....so if we keep it going and get a lot of fan support, it'll be a great movie.

Jan and Jace...is, an 'iffy' to me. Maybe, maybe not. Yes, of course it would remind people of the old cartoon, but...it could just seem stupid at the same time...Peyton, I've actually got a great idea about using them though, I'll PM you.

And as PW said, if you have any suggestions for the movie, please do let us know. We're making it for the fans...

CAH

oh, God Im not a Idealist Im just on here to check you guys out. I only can relate to space ghost in memory as a cartoon and on cartoon network "coast to coast" if I had any Ideals it would be to silly to tell you and cartoonist. you guys are the new gen x Im just a old school guy who cought your site on here out of curiousity. and wanted to know the format of your movie. I was so piss to find out david goyer left flash movie and now shawn levy directing it now so I came to your page just to check out what was on you guys mind and check out the flow of conversations on space ghost and got caught up in you guys Ideals. wish you guys was temping to write and make the flash movie then I could give you guys abundle of Ideals most people comes on here and have a yahoo "debate session" and never give a real personal opinion, to busy debating who's right and who's wrong Im not like that I share what I feel thats important. thats why I mention jan and jace and invisoplane. and will the villian be human?? or humanoid??
becuz you and payton are in your teens it dont bother me one bit. now I see why jan and jace would not be realistic in your adaptation of space ghost
a new veiw, a new side of space ghost that never been seen.. hmmmm??????
let see; so far Im sure you guys have how and why he became space ghost from first page on here "origins" thats something to really think about. could space ghost been a ordinary man which you guys have already. making the plot is the hardest thing ever even if I could help you guys I'll probably crash and burn myself "thinking" I'll stick to supportive conversation.

cah and payton this is something I would write if I could do "back to the future movie" part 4...to make up for part 3 they can do bttf without the delorien and the time train, here's the deal I thought of. they could use a time travel watch. no need to get up to 88 miles an hour no mr.fusion to fill, the watch has its own built in flux capasitor micro chip processor technology enabling time travel. dr.brown son could wear it go into the futrue looking for marty jr. to help save marty from being erased in time (micheal j. fox)cameo appearance, dr. brown done something to cause george mcfly great-great-great-great grand parents to never meet and george mcfly was never born so marty never exist he fades out temporarly in the mean time dr.brown son along with marty jr. finds out marty vanishes. they jump to 1492 by accident marty jr. bumps into dr.brown son as they about to time travel to 1885. as they appear in 1492 they wetness christopher clumbus discovered north america. after seeing history take place they make it to 1885, intervein with dr.brown, come to find out great mcfly (unknown name) was tampering with the train, dr. brown is displeased the train lose power, blows a curcuit causes george mcfly into a quantum leap along with marty seperated in 1985 and dr.brown son is a time genuise finds both of them thru a time spectrum device reunite george mcfly great-great-great-great grand parents and george and marty (micheal j. fox) sec. cameo appearance comes back into existance dr.brown greets marty and george happly then later on is returned to 1985 in the time train and dr. brown son takes marty jr. back to the future with the time watch. could add more to it but this is just a sketch.
this is only on here to get you guys opinion??? truthful honest opinion
Im not a writer this is a dream I had and now on here.

It's alright hotrider...no hard feelings man, that is what I made the Space Ghost film thread for too...for opinions.

But, I do like your idea for BTTF 4 (one of my absolute favorite franchises) ..but I don't like the idea of a 'time watch'...it has to be a vehicle IMO...because the Delorean (one of my favorite cars) was what made it much for fun for me, and it'd be interesting to see a flying time train...but, if BTTF 4 ever happens (by you or whoever)...I'd see it regardless.

CAH

I am in my teens, but please do not be discouraged because of that...I really am passionate VERY much about this project, and I know that I can make it work, along with Peyton...

To answer your question about the villain hotrider12, his name is Temple. He's an original nemesis, but we didn't create him...Joe Kelly did when he wrote the comic that our film is based off of...he's a great villain, and before we get to any other famous villains (Zorak, Moltar, etc.) we have to cover the origin, of course....and although SG's origin in the comic DID involve Zorak and Brak...it won't in the film...trust me, I have GREAT plans for Zorak and friends...they just don't happen until the sequel(s).

CAH

Can someone put up the original origin so we can compaire and see which is better,or which one people prefer more?

Can someone put up the original origin so we can compaire and see which is better,or which one people prefer more?

Because of this...

2.1 What is Space Ghost's origin?
I have researched through books, comics, and all the TV cartoon shows and I cannot find any indication of Space Ghost's origin. One book speculated that he was either a scientist who invented this great costume and power bands, or he was given the costume by the galactic patrol. In Space Ghost # 1 1967, Space Ghost mentions his old teacher teaching him the mysteries of the universe.

I wrote my version of his origin with input from CAH , it wasn't because I was trying to erase anh history he has, just because the 1 he was given is not well known. So I thought since most are not familiar with it to begin with , We could tinker with a few pieces here & there.

Because of this...

2.1 What is Space Ghost's origin?
I have researched through books, comics, and all the TV cartoon shows and I cannot find any indication of Space Ghost's origin. One book speculated that he was either a scientist who invented this great costume and power bands, or he was given the costume by the galactic patrol. In Space Ghost # 1 1967, Space Ghost mentions his old teacher teaching him the mysteries of the universe.

I wrote my version of his origin with input from CAH , it wasn't because I was trying to erase any history he has, just because the 1 he was given is not well known. So I thought since most are not familiar with it to begin with , We could tinker with a few pieces here & there.

^Exactly right.

It's not like we're completely erasing his origin and history, we're just adding and subtracting what we see that we like.

CAH

While he didn't have one in the show, this is the one he had in the DC comic:

Wikipedia said:
The series was written by Joe Kelly and illustrated by Ariel Olivetti. Space Ghost's real name is revealed to be Thaddeus Bach. (Interestingly, Space Ghost's real name on SGC2C Thaddeus (Tad) Ghostal.) Bach, an interplanetary peacekeeper, is betrayed by corrupt officers, who kill his pregnant wife and abandon him on a desolate planet. Bach is rescued by an alien who gives him both a reason to live and the technology contained in his suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"