Opinion on Space Ghost Origin

Again, now that Green Lantern is seeing the light of day, I wonder if a Space Ghost movie might interest Hollywood. Not sure if he is a DC property though.

Last edited:
Right now there is only a (U.S) copyright on the print and Visual material for Space Ghost that is owned by Hanna Barbera and DC Comics, which is all under Time Warner. I don't see a copyright out for a film yet, but only time will tell.

I would love for there to be a DC Showcase animated short of Space Ghost, if not a full-lenght feature based on the mini-series by Joe Kelly and Ariel Olivetti.:up:

an Animated movie like Green lantern or the Superman Batman movies would be a nice idea.

Right now there is only a (U.S) copyright on the print and Visual material for Space Ghost that is owned by Hanna Barbera and DC Comics, which is all under Time Warner. I don't see a copyright out for a film yet, but only time will tell.

Depending on how Green Lantern does at the box office, Sg is another space opera worth exploring.

Let's hope it doesn't look anything like Green Lantern if it does come to the big screen. I swear that trailer looks fan made, taking pieces and bits from every mediocre space movie of the last 30 years.

©KAW;19400069 said:
Let's hope it doesn't look anything like Green Lantern if it does come to the big screen. I swear that trailer looks fan made, taking pieces and bits from every mediocre space movie of the last 30 years.

Well I try not to judge off trailers. Many times they dont capture the feel, but I know what u mean about the fan made feel to it.

I do hope 1 day, whoever holds the rights to SG (I think WB/DC ?) would maybe get around to giving this a strong look at for its potential.
Something leaning towards a big budget live action production, Nothing like it has been approached before with his character or development.
If done right, with right script, effects,director,etc. Could be a surprise hit for any studio that takes a chance on it.

I think, whether you like my original idea that started the post or think its cow manure , Space Ghost as a movie comic property has some home run potential.
They dont really have a sci-fi property.
I know they tried with Green Lantern, but it wasnt done right.
It should have been more like a western in space & Space Ghost is a prime candidate for that.

Urzl0_dCRwZjQrPUjTvtk7SRUlOZ9TDCMS7y7bWcask.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"