Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S02E18 - "The Frenemy of My Enemy"

Please more of Bakshi & Ward together, writers!
We wanna see Bakshi as Ward's permanent submissive & servile toady!
Please let them have many episodes together! A bromance, a shipmance!
>>Bakward can be their portmanteau/ slash-name!
Please let them actually develop a bond both in this season and on next year's season! Let Bakshi be Ward's slave! It would be both hilarious and gratifying!

free screenshot software

pic host

Come on, SHIELD writers (Zbyszewski, Owusu-Breen, Fletcher, Greenberg, Bell, Judkins, LeFranc, Tancharoen, & Whedon)! You know you want them slashed!
Let these two villains, the two best villains of the show, have next season together to contrive and plot and be evil together! They don't need to be Hydra or Shield. ...They'll be Team BAKWARD!!!

Finally watched this last night. I thought this was a great fun episode. Loved the way Deathlok was used and the free for all with Hydra, both SHIELDs, the Inhumans, Ward and Cal was really entertaining. Cal is actually starting to grow on me as a character. Am I the only one who was disappointed though that we didn't get to see what Fitz did with the hand dryer from the end of the previous episode? Also Lance is starting to seem increasingly useless as a character to me.

How did Lincoln know about Skye's mom? I thought that was their secret.

I agree! It would make sense for Lincoln to become Hydra.
Then... after he gets somehow liberated (at some point next season) from the Hydra brainwashing and becomes good again, he can fall in love with Skye! I mean there's no other character on the show she has the potential to fall in love with, and since she's the main protagonist and has now had her "family origin" questions answered, it only makes sense for the writers to at this time introduce her actual future romance interest, Lincoln.

jpg images

How did Lincoln know about Skye's mom? I thought that was their secret.
Good question.
Maybe when he found Skye, Jiaying and Cal having dinner, they didn't realize he was there quickly enough for him not to hear something and figure it out.

Good question.
Maybe when he found Skye, Jiaying and Cal having dinner, they didn't realize he was there quickly enough for him not to hear something and figure it out.

I wondered if he got that info from Raina. Now that she's prescient and all. Anyhow - I found it kind of ominous. Could make for an interesting development.

I wondered if he got that info from Raina. Now that she's prescient and all. Anyhow - I found it kind of ominous. Could make for an interesting development.
It's possible as well.
But given it was a big secret, when Lincoln told Skye he knew Jiaying was her mom, Skye would have been at least concerned enough to ask him how he figured it out. If he had replied that Raina told him and she knew because she's a clairvoyant, Skye would have known about Raina's power, but he apparently doesn't (I don't remember the details, but it seems Jiaying is keeping Skye in the dark whenever she talks to someone else about Raina).
So, it seems probable to me that either Raina did not tell Lincoln, or Lincoln lied to Skye about how he found out.

It's possible as well.
But given it was a big secret, when Lincoln told Skye he knew Jiaying was her mom, Skye would have been at least concerned enough to ask him how he figured it out. If he had replied that Raina told him and she knew because she's a clairvoyant, Skye would have known about Raina's power, but he apparently doesn't (I don't remember the details, but it seems Jiaying is keeping Skye in the dark whenever she talks to someone else about Raina).
So, it seems probable to me that either Raina did not tell Lincoln, or Lincoln lied to Skye about how he found out.

Could be. I interpreted Skye not questioning it as her being coy (or perhaps confused) because of the conversation she had earlier with her mother. I'm just guessing though and I'm surprised it wasn't revisited during the episode - during Skye's conversation with Jiaying for instance - which would have seemed like the perfect opportunity to address. I have to think that the plot thread is going somewhere so maybe in the next episode...

I think he figured it out based on Raina's comment about Skye having dinner with her parents. He then tried to pretend he already knew and, when he did, Skye confirmed it.

Don't know about you guys but I'm more than ready for tonight's ep to get started.

I think he figured it out based on Raina's comment about Skye having dinner with her parents. He then tried to pretend he already knew and, when he did, Skye confirmed it.
I'm not sure.
Raina said that in her nightmare Skye was happy having dinner with her father, but didn't mention "parents".
Also, that would have been a rather devious and pretty bold move on his part. What if he was mistaken and Skye had never found her mother? Or what if he was right, but Skye freaked out by his casual comment?
It's possible, but I think it's more likely that he talked to Jiaying in private - when telling her about Raina's power -, before he brought it up in a conversation with Skye.

technically mockingbird and Mack are traitors. what happens to them-circumstances-i think Gonzales is actually Hydra.

That would actually make 1000x more sense than the nonsense
he spouts. Unfortunately he would have revealed himself on the Helicarrier ( or maybe he wouldn't he was really badly injured) I haven't seen the whole season yet but I'm hoping. Or just someone to call him out on his reasonless reasoning.

Well, at least they've succeeded in making a character I truly hate even if for the wrong reasons. Maybe he's a super also with area effect intelligence drain or cognitive dissonance projection.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"