Opinion on Space Ghost Origin

The Question said:
But you basically made it completely different. Instead of it being a personal story of revenge and self re-evaluation, it turned into a supernatural calling. The changes just seemed unnecessairy. We have a very good story to be used as a precident. Why not actually use it?

Well , I felt one aspect of SG's origin, copied to closely to Green Lantern's. An Alien giving him his suit/power. To me that is VERY unoriginal, so I came up with something else.

You're still not getting it, The Question.

We've COMBINED the two origins (the original comic origin, and our origin) and MOST of the new things we've added fit together with the original origin. Believe me...

CAH

Peyton Westlake said:
Well , I felt one aspect of SG's origin, copied to closely to Green Lantern's. An Alien giving him his suit/power. To me that is VERY unoriginal, so I came up with something else.

That's ridiculous. His origin is nothing like Green Lantern's. The way he got his gear was nothing like Green Lantern. Besides, the origin you came up with is much more like The Spectre than the comic one is like Green Lantern.

C.A.H. said:
You're still not getting it, The Question.

We've COMBINED the two origins (the original comic origin, and our origin) and MOST of the new things we've added fit together with the original origin. Believe me...

CAH

You didn't combine anything. You changed the comic origin. Unnecessairily, I think.

The Question said:
That's ridiculous. His origin is nothing like Green Lantern's. The way he got his gear was nothing like Green Lantern. Besides, the origin you came up with is much more like The Spectre than the comic one is like Green Lantern.

You didn't combine anything. You changed the comic origin. Unnecessairily, I think.

I guess we agree to disagree.

OKAY, let's not get carried away fellas.

We've got plenty of time to re-think/re-evaluate this 'origin' problem, and make one that we all can agree on. I'm in absolutely no hurry at all.

But still, you can't please everybody.

CAH

The Question said:

Oh..dude, I'm sorry.

I didn't mean that the first post in this thread was the 'official origin'...because it's not. That is only Peyton's half of the origin, and a very good half I might add.

Sorry about that buddy. The other half is pretty much all of the major stuff in the comic, and some new stuff that I myself added.

Through PMs we are combining the ideas...sorry 'bout that. When we have the final origin, we'll be sure to post it...then you can give your final opinion. :yay:

CAH

Yes, give the final product a chance before writing it off so soon.

I have a few more ideas I added to his origin, that can be placed rather nicely, I'll add them soon & see what you think.

Ok buddy, thanks very much for your continuing support.

I'll be using everything in your first post in this thread in the rewrite of my original SG treatment starting this weekend, and then in the screenplay in a month or 2...so thats going to be great!

Thanks again,

CAH

I'm starting a rewrite on my original SG treatment guys, so Peyton you can just PM with those other ideas..

...and I'll be starting the screenplay for the film very soon, and I need full focus for it on that, so I'll be taking a couple months off the Hype! (not COMPLETELY off, but I'll only be on maybe once a week) to get both of those things just right, the way I want them...then I'll give you some real good news.

Wish Me Luck!

CAH

I'm starting a rewrite on my original SG treatment guys, so Peyton you can just PM with those other ideas..

...and I'll be starting the screenplay for the film very soon, and I need full focus for it on that, so I'll be taking a couple months off the Hype! (not COMPLETELY off, but I'll only be on maybe once a week) to get both of those things just right, the way I want them...then I'll give you some real good news.

Wish Me Luck!

CAH

R u free now, or writing?

I'm free...go ahead and PM me if you have any new ideas.

CAH

I got the 1st one, and I'm ready for the 2nd one anytime.

CAH

2nd idea is on the way, let me know which you think is the best.

The 2nd is better, so I'll add all of that to the treatment buddy.

CAH

I also have an alternate type of ending , or actually slight twist in his origin. Let me know.

Yeah man...go ahead and send it my way (via PM).

And hopefully no hard feelings or anything man, because what you have come up with so far is amazing, but I am actually now working on a "newer" origin...as I progress with a new draft of the script, just kinda exploring my boundaries I guess you could say. It's not a "completely different" origin story, and it has A LOT of things taken from the comic that its based on, but it has some of your stuff and some of my stuff.

What I am saying is that I HAVE to figure out a way to put more of the actual Space Ghost in the film, because right now...he is only in about the last half hour I'd say, of an almost 2 hour film...and people who came to see a film called 'Space Ghost' WANT to see Space Ghost! Not all Thaddeus Bach...no I am kinda deleting and expanding at the same time...so there is less Thaddeus and more SG...there's going to be an equal amount I'd say when I'm all done.

Also, I am thinking about having his entire origin told through flashbacks, that way we DEFINATELY get more of The Ghost...I'll have an update on all of this I'm sure in the coming weeks.

CAH

I also have an alternate type of ending , or actually slight twist in his origin. Let me know.

mr. westlake Im a newbie on here and I like to ask if whenever your virsion of sg make it to a movie will it have jace and jan and the monkey blip or will this be entirely different?? and will the annouser-narrator from the laugh-in tv show be the voice of your space ghost?? like on the 60's cartoon

Being that this is about Space Ghost I'd be glad to support it but IMHO I'd use the origin by Kelly as the primary guide while extending everything in between to fill it out. It is damn good.

Nonetheless, good luck.

Thank you VERY VERY much FTB...we'll take all the support we can get.

Oh, and hotrider12...this really isn't Peyton Westlake's project...it was originally my idea, but Westlake (thank god for him) is helping me out with a little bit of the origin and etc.

But, if this project ever comes to life in about a decade or so...I am hoping to get the directing duties. Westlake will just get a writing credit. (not to sound greedy or anything)

FEAR THE BAT, I once again thank you for your support. Basically what Westlake and I are doing (and some other friends of mine) is we are trying to mix Kelly's FANTASTIC origin with a little bit of originality and our own ideas, and if this film ever comes to life...what you will see most likely will be about 3/4 of Kelly's origin, and 1/4 of our own creativeness. It's all working otu fantasticly, and thank you all for your support.

More Story Updates in the coming months!

CAH

Thank you VERY VERY much FTB...we'll take all the support we can get.

Oh, and hotrider12...this really isn't Peyton Westlake's project...it was originally my idea, but Westlake (thank god for him) is helping me out with a little bit of the origin and etc.

But, if this project ever comes to life in about a decade or so...I am hoping to get the directing duties. Westlake will just get a writing credit. (not to sound greedy or anything)

FEAR THE BAT, I once again thank you for your support. Basically what Westlake and I are doing (and some other friends of mine) is we are trying to mix Kelly's FANTASTIC origin with a little bit of originality and our own ideas, and if this film ever comes to life...what you will see most likely will be about 3/4 of Kelly's origin, and 1/4 of our own creativeness. It's all working otu fantasticly, and thank you all for your support.

More Story Updates in the coming months!

CAH

Yes, by no means are we trying to undercut what has been laid out.
Just a few twists here & there we thought might be better.

mr. westlake Im a newbie on here and I like to ask if whenever your virsion of sg make it to a movie will it have jace and jan and the monkey blip or will this be entirely different?? and will the annouser-narrator from the laugh-in tv show be the voice of your space ghost?? like on the 60's cartoon

And to answer, no. That kiddy goofiness wont be in this adaption.

^ Yes, even though it was funny to have a monkey originally, as we've said MANY times before, this film WILL NOT be a comedy. This adaptation is a hardcore, balls to the wall, space-action film...think Batman Begins in Space...(of course though, the end product will most likely NOT turn out to be anything like BB)

CAH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"