Opinions on the Symbiote Suit (Post here ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when Eddie gets turned into Venom, is the symbiote trying to take the shape of the Spidey suit? But it can't because it doesn't have the Spidey webbing on the suit to cover, right?

AbsolutStoli said:
i just hope its not like this
2099Spiderman36a.JPG
I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT'LL HAPPEN.

CrypticOne said:
So Venom will look like the one from the comics? And I don't get the part about Spidey's webs on his suit will be veins on Venom.

the webs that are all over spider-man's suit are transfered to venom with the symbiote, and rather than coming out the same way they do on spidey, they wll be all twisted and vein-like on venom.

it makes sense to me and sounds really cool. aside from that, average venom, with a big white spider crest.

theShape said:
the webs that are all over spider-man's suit are transfered to venom with the symbiote, and rather than coming out the same way they do on spidey, they wll be all twisted and vein-like on venom.

it makes sense to me and sounds really cool. aside from that, average venom, with a big white spider crest.

This sounds good. It would be cool to see this.

am i the only one who thought it was dumb for the symbiote to not have a black reflection?

Sub-Zero said:
am i the only one who thought it was dumb for the symbiote to not have a black reflection?

So you want the symbiote to be shiny? Cause thats what I picture if it reflects stuff.

I still wish we could have had the classic black symbiote suit with the white spider but if this means Venom isn't plain anymore and ends up with veins on him from the spider-webbing details, that would be great.

I can see why they'd want something more detailed than the comic outfit, but I would have went with something similar to but NOT exactly like ben reilly's suit which would/could have a balance of the classic symbiote large spider logo in either black or white, while still retaining some of the details of the usual spidey costume.

Wesyeed said:
OK I just read the Q&A again and god...it's prettymuch been confirmed that the symbiote is an
alien lifeform from an asteroid

Ok, so, that's basically what the symbiote is in the comics, so Good deal there.

Wesyeed said:
that's it.

I'm through.

"Oh Noes!! What will we ever do without Wesyeed believing in this movie!?!?" Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you!! :)

Wesyeed said:
All i ever wanted from these films was spider-man, webshooters and all, but that would be too unrealistic for their version... ok well, I'm done. I tried to reason with myself that an
alien
was too far-out there a concept to work, and that the symbiote was a side effect of his unnatural genetic mutation so it'd make some sense and all in this more grounded version of spidey, but it's been made completely impossible now with what i'm seeing in the trailer of a black oozy creature crawling up pete's bed just like in the q&a. So be it. I'll catch this on video or if someone sells it on the subway. this whole new story of spidey just isn't for me, enough to want to see at the movies.
enjoy yourself if you can... it's just a fantasy story yunno.... I'm not saying you should join me in jumping off the wagon. Personally, I just can't be on it anymore after all of the changes and silly stuff allowed to happen...

So let me see if I can get this straight. You're pissed off cause he has organic webshooters (which I might add he currently has in the comics)?? Get over it. It's been through two movies and I don't really see how it made that much of a difference. I was in the Anti-Organic camp too when Spidey 1 came out. But in the long run...how would the movie have been different?? It wouldn't have. Move on.

And now you are pissed because the Symbiote is an alien....which is what it ALWAYS was in the comics?? And you're calling Raimi a hypocrite?? Pot....kettle...little black? (no pun intended)

Wesyeed said:
My theory is no more and it kills me...aagh... I just lost a lot of hype exp. points now...

Frankly, I'm glad they are going the alien route. Having the symbiote develop out of Pete...as a side effect?? Sorry, that's the lamest idea I have ever heard. You thought people complained about the organic webshooters??? That mess would look like a tea party compared to the fanboy hell that would be unleashed if the Symbiote was an organic substance that formed from Pete.

I Think They Should Follow The Comic Closely As Far As The Symbiote Is Concerned

I think they should take whatever liscense neccessary in order to tell the story they've decided to tell.

Wesyeed said:
OK I just read the Q&A again and god...it's prettymuch been confirmed that the symbiote is an
alien lifeform from an asteroid

that's it.

I'm through.

All i ever wanted from these films was spider-man, webshooters and all, but that would be too unrealistic for their version... ok well, I'm done. I tried to reason with myself that an
alien
was too far-out there a concept to work, and that the symbiote was a side effect of his unnatural genetic mutation so it'd make some sense and all in this more grounded version of spidey, but it's been made completely impossible now with what i'm seeing in the trailer of a black oozy creature crawling up pete's bed just like in the q&a. So be it. I'll catch this on video or if someone sells it on the subway. this whole new story of spidey just isn't for me, enough to want to see at the movies.
enjoy yourself if you can... it's just a fantasy story yunno.... I'm not saying you should join me in jumping off the wagon. Personally, I just can't be on it anymore after all of the changes and silly stuff allowed to happen...

My theory is no more and it kills me...aagh... I just lost a lot of hype exp. points now...

500 billion galaxies, each with an estimated 500 billion stars. aliens are unrealistic?

did earth just so happen by coincedence to be the only planet in the entire universe with life on it? is that beliveable or realistic?

there is nothing unrealistic about an alien life form. hell congress rescently approved the mars mission to search for ancient life on the planet. a meteor came from mars a while back and even had bacteria on it, although we have not confirmed whether it brought the bacteria, or if the bacteria got on it after it got here, but none the less, meteors come to erath from mars every now and then, and we are constantly bonbarded with ateroids on a daily basis from our solar system. There is absolutely nothing whatsoever unrealistic about aliens.

in fact the opposite would be unrealistic. to assume that this is the only planet with life on it out of the entire universe is unbelievalbe, and unrealistic, and just absurd.

I'd prefer lab experiment to alien/meteorite/etc.
It's just quicker to get out that's all, and the exposition would be less awkward.

I think maybe I would as well, however it's still perfectly realistic. in fact an alien life form bonding with peter paker is actually more realistic than peter parker becoming spider-man, now that I think about it.

CRASHNBURN12198 said:
I Think They Should Follow The Comic Closely As Far As The Symbiote Is Concerned

There is no way they can do the comic book symbiote origin...he got the suit during Secret Wars. In TAS he got the suit from when John Jameson was on the moon and the symbiote was trapped there. It attacked the astronauts and basically hitched a ride back with them. They crashed the shuttle in New York and Spidey pulled them out...getting the sybiote all over him in the process.

The Ultimate Storyline has the Symbiote as a manufactured cure-all suit that Peter's father and Eddie Brock's father worked on together. Pete's father realized what it was becoming and abandonded the project. It was locked away until Eddie found it years later and showed it to Pete. I'd be cool with something like that as well but it doesn't sound like it will go that way.

Gogo Bananas said:
Yeah, that spider in that frame looks pretty darn big and pretty darn white.
It maybe the symbiote does affect his regular costume through the movie, making it basically evolve into the usual Venom costume.

In one of the threads they posted a close up of Spidey's spider on his normal costume and the close up on his chest spider on his Black costume, and the symbiote distinctley changes the design of the spider. it seems to make it a bit fatter and have more curled legs.

Gogo Bananas said:
I'd prefer lab experiment to alien/meteorite/etc.
It's just quicker to get out that's all, and the exposition would be less awkward.

I'd be OK with it too...but I don't know if it would be quicker or not. If they went the Ultimate way like I described above, they'd have to flash back and explain the experiment, what the suit did, the breakdown in the project, how Eddie found out about it, etc....That's alot of screen time.

or

Asteroid slams into New York. Pete's in the middle of it trying to save people from the debri/fires/whatever and gets the symbiote all over him in the chaos. OR, even better...it's a asteroid/rock that is brought back from a rover type mission or crash lands somewhere else. Brought to a lab in New York that Pete just happens to be working in part time or something like that.

There are lots of ways it can be done right.

Yes! Good Thread!

I don't mind if the suit mimics clothing, as long as Venom has teeth and the suit effects Pete's personality I'll be happy. Oh yeah one little tid bit, Does anyone remember what other powers the suit had? I remember it could blend in with it's surrounds making the wearer practically invisible. Also (I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet) the suit can block Pete's Spider-Sense. Venom wasn't just powerful, he was quite stealth!

If they go with lab experiment they don't have to use the Ultimate angle.
Maybe Flint Marko steals a batch of symbiotes, Spider-Man interferes, a sample cracs open during the escape and when he falls into the sand the symbiote bonds with the sand the same as the other bonds with Peters suit.
Theres a lot of ways the symbiote can be played, but if anyone is expecting a faithful translation of anything we've seen before then I'm afraid they're going to be very disappointed.

Menthol said:
Yes! Good Thread!

I don't mind if the suit mimics clothing, as long as Venom has teeth and the suit effects Pete's personality I'll be happy. Oh yeah one little tid bit, Does anyone remember what other powers the suit had? I remember it could blend in with it's surrounds making the wearer practically invisible. Also (I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet) the suit can block Pete's Spider-Sense. Venom wasn't just powerful, he was quite stealth!

I don't think the suit would blend in with it's surroundings, it did however mimic clothing. The suit also had it's own organic webbing that shot out of the white squares on the top of Pete's hands...that's obviously not necessary for the movie. And yes, as Venom or Carnage, the symbiote was able to negate Spidey's spider sence. As Venom Eddie could take several direct bullets without being hurt...I assume Pete would have the same ability.

huskerwebhead said:
I don't think the suit would blend in with it's surroundings, it did however mimic clothing. The suit also had it's own organic webbing that shot out of the white squares on the top of Pete's hands...that's obviously not necessary for the movie. And yes, as Venom or Carnage, the symbiote was able to negate Spidey's spider sence. As Venom Eddie could take several direct bullets without being hurt...I assume Pete would have the same ability.

The blending in to surroundings thing doesn't come up alot in comics. But I think in the first few issues of the original Maximum Carnage series, Venom is on a deserted island, Spidey comes to try and reason with Eddie so the two can fight Carnage. Well Venom gets the jump on Spidey as soon as he gets on the island by using the cloaking power. They discuss/show it in the comic... and It's a good read by the way. I remember it being used other times in comics but can't really remember exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"