Opinions on the Symbiote Suit (Post here ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see nothing wrong with the suit. I didn't really expect it to be the same design from the comics.

I used to wish they went with the original but after seeing the teaser I'm glad they went with this. It looks freaking awesome! I suspect that a lot of fans have been won over by this teaser.

Well, not me. It admit it looks good now in motion, but I still think they should have used the original black suit. After watching SM1 and seeing that they managed to do such an astounding job in bringing such a difficult costume to life, I was looking forward to see how they'd do the black suit.

And now that I see what they did, it feels like they weren't even trying. A color change, a change of Spider designs and the job's done.

no way. the texture is completely different when you see it up close. they comp9letely gave it a liquidy texture. It looks pretty much like the original but with weblines, and the webs are different than the webs on the red and blue one. They almost look heavy.

I'm really happy there using the Symbiote and Venom.

This could very well be the best Spider-Man movie yet.

I told him and he came back with a clever reply.

"Make me."

Oooo so original.:rolleyes:

Coolkat said:
I'm a girl, dumba**.

It speaks in actual sentences with actual words :eek: I thought it used some primitive language with words like zomg and ghlgh and words like that.

maybe this whole time she's been trying to speak but she's just a really bad speller :)

Spider-Bite said:
It speaks in actual sentences with actual words :eek: I thought it used some primitive language with words like zomg and ghlgh and words like that.

maybe this whole time she's been trying to speak but she's just a really bad speller :)
LOL!

Spider-Bite said:
500 billion galaxies, each with an estimated 500 billion stars. aliens are unrealistic?

did earth just so happen by coincedence to be the only planet in the entire universe with life on it? is that beliveable or realistic?

there is nothing unrealistic about an alien life form. hell congress rescently approved the mars mission to search for ancient life on the planet. a meteor came from mars a while back and even had bacteria on it, although we have not confirmed whether it brought the bacteria, or if the bacteria got on it after it got here, but none the less, meteors come to erath from mars every now and then, and we are constantly bonbarded with ateroids on a daily basis from our solar system. There is absolutely nothing whatsoever unrealistic about aliens.

in fact the opposite would be unrealistic. to assume that this is the only planet with life on it out of the entire universe is unbelievalbe, and unrealistic, and just absurd.

You think I don't believe aliens can exist? where'd that come from? *reads old post* I don't think I was claiming that. I was actually in your position once if I recall correctly. I argued with the holy symbiotica, the goddess of arguing, about it and got spanked for trying to convince myself that an alien would work despite it being a gazillion and 1 chance that any being would find us similarly to how we so far haven't contacted any other intellegent life etc. or be a symbiote for that matter, which is part of some lower fauna on earth or whatever she was talking about...I believe iall that in so far as this series was started with a more grounded in reality spider-man as raimi claims and that there's no way an alien blob falling to earth and on some one in a bazillion chance gets in the apartment of a superhero to make him emo is more believable than a genius kid building mech-webshooters. Not ever in my mind... That's all I believe i'm saying... :O

huskerwebhead said:
Ok, so, that's basically what the symbiote is in the comics, so Good deal there.

You honestly think I don't know that? What's the deal? I'm all for sticking to the comcis as closely as possible, but let's get real. How many here thought raimi would bring in the symbiote in sm3? Guess who, me and a bunch of other poster, at least a handful. Every single person and thier aunt other than a small group of venom fans thought this was too far fetched to work, and now it's seemingly being considered a wonderful idea by most people. Let me also say that even though I wanted venom a year ago, there's no way I truly believed I'd actually get him. It wouldnt really fit into this more realistic interpretation of spider-man.... :confused:

"Oh Noes!! What will we ever do without Wesyeed believing in this movie!?!?" Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you!! :)

What door? Believe? What is this, a religion? It's a comicbook movie, a PRODUCT made for the masses. ...how can you believe in it anyway? It's sci-fi... Be hopeful, maybe, believe it can be a decent film, but I don't see how that has any impact on the resulting product or my personal reaction to it at all.

So let me see if I can get this straight. You're pissed off cause he has organic webshooters (which I might add he currently has in the comics)?? Get over it. It's been through two movies and I don't really see how it made that much of a difference. I was in the Anti-Organic camp too when Spidey 1 came out. But in the long run...how would the movie have been different?? It wouldn't have. Move on.

You are DAMN RIGHT i'm pissed off. Changing the webshooters to accomodate a more realistic way of telling the story of spider-man directly contradicts this move to stick ET into the movie. Theres no getting around it. I'll move on to another movie with my money, that's exactly the power I have to protest this change. It was changed in the comics because of the stupid change in the movie, I say stupid change, and it was not because stan lee and ditko wanted it that way. I prefer one over the other, the originals over the revisionist stuff they're doing now.

And now you are pissed because the Symbiote is an alien....which is what it ALWAYS was in the comics?? And you're calling Raimi a hypocrite?? Pot....kettle...little black? (no pun intended)

Please understand what i'm saying although I just know you don't want to. I understand what you are saying. "We don't care about your protest, dont let the door hit your butt cheeks when you leave somehow. Just forget about that stupid oldskool original spider-man anyway... It's organic in the comic now so it's not technically different from the source anymore. The symbiote was an alien in the comics so being dissapointed that it's an alien in the movie seems like a pot calling a kettle black because you want what's from the comics in the film, don't you?"

I do. That's why I want webshooters. I'd even settle for the ones that just helped aim his organic webs (I'm not really stupid enough to believe that some change won't be necessary now...) but... I'm getting the alien symbiote instead and even sandman even though that's a billion times more, what's the word, unbelievable than some advanced sci-fi tech. It pisses me off. I'm pissed, yes. I will be pissed forever. Pissed all the way to death. Not really that pissed, but it does piss me pretty a good deal...

Frankly, I'm glad they are going the alien route. Having the symbiote develop out of Pete...as a side effect?? Sorry, that's the lamest idea I have ever heard. You thought people complained about the organic webshooters??? That mess would look like a tea party compared to the fanboy hell that would be unleashed if the Symbiote was an organic substance that formed from Pete.

I know it's the lamest idea ever!!! WTF. Everyone must have seen what I was doing, come on. I MADE THE ALIEN SYMBIOTE ORGANIC!!! YES THAT'S MY POINT, because it's a very bad idea... but it's futile... I'm just happy SOMEBODY, is trying to protest these changes in philosophy... no matter what the consequences are of being flamed, as is always the case... in the end I'll just slip into the shadows and not care about the movies as much as I would have if they stayed more faithful from the start. That's my choice and I've made it. My mind is completely set on this.

Raimi!!!!

I love it, ive seen some manips but i think its right to have the normal spidey one jsut clored black.

I love it. I'm not suprised at all that the Symbiote suit looks so great. I expected different, but I got something better, and I couldn't ask for anything more.

I love the symbiote Spidey suit. After Peter rips the costume off will the symbiote separate from the torn up suit or will it dissolve & absorb the suit material completely & turn it all into black ooze & then rap around Eddie & repair itself to form a new suit? Or maybe it could go like this, Peter rips the suit off & then Eddie picks it up & then the symbiote separates from the red & blue suit & begins wrapping itself around Eddie.

I hate the damn thing. I hope Mcfarlane and whoever designed the real sybiote suit sue.

I don't like how it looks on Spidey. I still think it having raised webbing and a slightly altered Spider symbol on his chest is ******ed.

Hopefully it will look better when Brock gets it.

So far it is a HUGE thumbs down for me :down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back