Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME : Appreciation Thread

Too short and too fast. Also the CGI in those cut scenes blows...except the last one.

You mean to tell me MM that you didn't love Optimus transforming & Bonecrusher tackling him down off the high way ? or Optimus beating the crap out of him ?

The only issue i had was with the quick edits, that's my only problems with the film. Lack of focus on scene continuty and build on momentum/tension. Perfect examples are: Bus slicing & OP vs. Megatron fight. The last one mostly bothers after a few viewings, they just got way to much going on at the same time and this shows more because they focus on everyone at the same time. OP bs MEgs a few seconds here, back to Sam running a few seconds, Mikaela and BB drama a few more seconds, then some more CUT TO military guys. Not enough time at all for coordination shots and build up. I saw the movie 4 times so far and when prime and megs fisrt share dialogue and get to it, i was really into it, but then he falls from that building after Megs threw him and from there on any footage of them is cut up into very small chunks. :(

The only issue i had was with the quick edits, that's my only problems with the film. Lack of focus on scene continuty and build on momentum/tension. Perfect examples are: Bus slicing & OP vs. Megatron fight. The last one mostly bothers after a few viewings, they just got way to much going on at the same time and this shows more because they focus on everyone at the same time. OP bs MEgs a few seconds here, back to Sam running a few seconds, Mikaela and BB drama a few more seconds, then some more CUT TO military guys. Not enough time at all for coordination shots and build up. I saw the movie 4 times so far and when prime and megs fisrt share dialogue and get to it, i was really into it, but then he falls from that building after Megs threw him and from there on any footage of them is cut up into very small chunks. :(

I understand

I'm very curious to see What direction in term's of storytelling will they take Optimus Prime in the sequel movies .

I'm very curious to see What direction in term's of storytelling will they take Optimus Prime in the sequel movies .

I would love to see them show more about Prime's Matrix of Leadership.

So, just got my 20th Anniversary Optimus from ebay yesterday, and all I have to say is I can't wait till I get a job so I can put him in my office... :D He's badass!!

Optimus Prime was the best Transformer in the film....FACT!!!

He was as hard as nails...took down Bonecrusher in 20 seconds...voiced by Cullen....willing to sacrifice himself to save us...came into the last battle in the nick of time....everytime he spoke it gave me chills....his ending monlogue was beautiful...Prime is awesome...there are no two ways about it.

10/10!!!

Optimus Prime was the best Transformer in the film....FACT!!!

He was as hard as nails...took down Bonecrusher in 20 seconds...voiced by Cullen....willing to sacrifice himself to save us...came into the last battle in the nick of time....everytime he spoke it gave me chills....his ending monlogue was beautiful...Prime is awesome...there are no two ways about it.

10/10!!!

WORD :trans:

exactly...despite most of the autobots staying alive, the movie made them look pretty incompetent in battle.
I thought they were very competent. They saved the soldiers and protected Sam.

As far as Prime being out fought, I think Megatron had a lotof pent up hatred and rage after being frozen for seventy years. And Optimus was more trying to protect the humans rather than win the battle. I'd say he won, because he kept Sam alive long enough that he could use the All Spark on Megatron.

As far as Prime being out fought, I think Megatron had a lotof pent up hatred and rage after being frozen for seventy years. And Optimus was more trying to protect the humans rather than win the battle. I'd say he won, because he kept Sam alive long enough that he could use the All Spark on Megatron.

Sam won. Prime was toast against Megatron even with Starscream's help :)

Megatronoptimus-brothersidw.jpg

OPTIMUS vs. MEGATRON scan from theTransformers movie comic adaption.

Megs was actually frozen for a thousand plus years. He was discovered then moved to Sector Seven 70 odd years ago. In the prequel novel, however, he does indeed awaken as they're transporting him to Sector Seven, but they manage to refreeze his ass.

I did not quite get the difference in power. I always though Optimus was a match for Megatron when in the movie he was clearly not. Is it the same thing in the comics or cartoons?

I did not quite get the difference in power. I always though Optimus was a match for Megatron when in the movie he was clearly not. Is it the same thing in the comics or cartoons?

In the comics & tv series cartoons Prime & Megatron are evenly matched . :trans:

Ok so they made Megatron more powerful so that Shea could save the day.....

It was good movie nontheless.

Ok so they made Megatron more powerful so that Shea could save the day.....

It was good movie nontheless.

Excatly also In the movie Prime was more concerned that no human beings got hurt during their fight than fighting Megatron .

Excatly also In the movie Prime was more concerned that no human beings got hurt during their fight than fighting Megatron .

Yeah i'm sure if it were another setting, desolated from humans, OP wouldn't have held back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"