Orange is the new Black

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Bruce Malone, Jul 22, 2013.

1. James Built from Lego

I liked it a lot, was very impressed with the quality. Really looking forward to season two.

2. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

Spent the last few days watching this. I liked it.

Not sure what you mean.

3. Teelie Jokerface

I skipped most of this thread. I've seen only the first episode so far and it was decent. I'll need to find time to watch the rest as the new fall season has kicked into high gear so that means squeezing it in somewhere between returning/new shows.

4. PWN3R Instagram:@Mannie_Bothans

Ha. It's not fair in the sense that it was the biggest cliffhanger ever. Basically, just me whining. I adore this show and I wanted it to keep going and going and going...

Can't wait for the second season next year.

5. Maximus One Eklypze Is Dead

I keep meaning to watch this but just have never gotten around to it

6. Specter313 Ghost of all things X

Make room in the commissary line: Lori Petty is coming to Orange Is the New Black, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Tank Girl herself will guest-star during the Netflix drama’s upcoming Season 2.

No details about Petty’s character are available.

Petty is known for films like A League of Their Own and Point Break; her TV credits include House, Prison Break and The Cleaner.

http://tvline.com/2014/01/29/orange-is-the-new-black-season-2-cast-lori-petty/#more-489303

7. John Locke One is Dark One is Light

It comes back June 6. After you finish season two of House of Cards it recommends Orange is the New Black and announces the season two date.

8. JJJ's Ulcer Registered

Just binge-watched this series. I love it. Like a funnier, gentler and more poignant female 'Oz.' NetFlix is quickly becoming a new AMC or HBO.

9. kvz5 HBIC

Deleted. Wrong thread.

#34 kvz5, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  10. Scarlettess and a 1..2..3..4

Surprisedhow deadthis thread is, considering OITNB is back on air next week. This is such a great show (in case you didnt jnow, it by the same people who did weeds, another good show!) , I rarely rewatch shows but this one I definately need to before s2 starts. Will probably end up binge watching it, again like I did last time. The have to wait another year...:(

11. Bruce Malone Registered

I didn't realize it was back next week already? Yeah I think i'm gonna have to do some rewatching.

Surprisingly good show.

12. Scarlettess and a 1..2..3..4

Yup, this friday even. :woot:

13. Maximus One Eklypze Is Dead

Finally watched season 1! Loved it! Can't wait for season 2 now!

14. agentorange Registered

Season 2 is up on Netflix now. Im gonna try to binge watch all 13 episodes and have them finished by tonight

15. Maximus One Eklypze Is Dead

On episode 2 now. Everybody like a little something tasty!

16. agentorange Registered

Lmao I think im the only one that finds her adopted mother "Vee" sexy

17. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Just got done with ep1, great start to the season. Damn work for getting in the way of me watching any more today.

18. Mrs. Sawyer Registered

I'm at the 11th episode and this season I'm loving it even more than the first season.

19. MadVillainy C'mon Son

I thought season 2 was even better than season 1 also. They did a really good job with creating a villain and giving interesting things to do for damn near every main character.

The problem though was the same as season 1: Piper. Besides the fact that she's annoying, whiny, and unbelivably selfish; this season it was even worse when some characters are dealing with relapsing into drugs, worrying about dying/getting killed, or literally fighting against a character who was a complete force of evil...she was still dealing with love triangle crap and other boring things.

Unfortunetly in season 3 [BLACKOUT]Alex[/BLACKOUT] will be back full time which will probably make Piper's story even worse.

It wasnt as funny as season 1. But the more mature and interesting story telling, delving deeper into characters, a great villain, and Piper not being a big of a focus made S2 a lot better

20. agentorange Registered

Agreed. That ending made me happy too. Those of you who've already finished season 2 know what im talking about lol

21. Mrs. Sawyer Registered

Yeah, I don't think they did a good job at making Piper's story interesting. Not to mention she doesn't have much interaction with the other inmates this season and the poster she has her taping up for this season, but she doesn't get into anything close to a fight this season. They did do a good job at continuing her development (or for lack of a better word, downfall) which could make things interesting.

But the good news is that Piper felt more like a supporting character and didn't play as huge a role after the first episode.

22. MadVillainy C'mon Son

yeah I was sure after [BLACKOUT]Red[/BLACKOUT] got beaten in the penultimate episode that Piper would "knuckle up" for her friend. But she didnt do sh**.

Someone could edit this season and not include Piper and I think the show would barely miss a step

23. Mrs. Sawyer Registered

To be fair, she did do one thing important. It was her actions that led to Fig getting fired as prison adminstrator and getting Caputo promoted, but yeah, I'm glad Piper was only a supporting character this season.

24. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Just finished S2 and it was G.R.E.A.T.! I liked it much more than S1.

Vee was a great villain and as much as I despised her, I kind of want her to make a come back if possible.

This is a good example of giving your main character plenty of screen time but not having everything revolve around her.

Next season is not going to be a pretty site, that place is going to be on lock down like it has never been before. Sucks since Caputo wouldve changed that place around.

25. CB Fan The Watcher

This season was excellent! Its amazing how the show can balance so many characters never under developing anyone. The ending was perfect.