The Rise of Skywalker Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron (IX)

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain
Reaction score
Returning cast members [for Episode IX] include Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, and Billie Lourd. Joining the cast of Episode IX are Naomi Ackie, Richard E. Grant, and Keri Russell, who will be joined by veteran Star Wars actors Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Billy Dee Williams, who will reprise his role as Lando Calrissian.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...cast-announced

Oscar Isaac: "I mean, it’s constantly both [exciting and a job that I feel working on Star Wars again]. It’s a job, it’s difficult, it’s challenging but it’s also really fun and really cool. J.J. [Abrams] is such a wonderful, fun, incredibly intelligent guy to work with. It’s been a blast so far. Everyone’s excited and happy but also confident because we know who these people are. It feels like there’s even more trust with the characters and these scenes and the dialogue. There’s a wonderful looseness to the whole thing that I’m really liking." "No, [the fan backlash to Star Wars: The Last Jedi was] not really [surprising]. I mean, isn’t that the point of movies: to say something and then people can talk about it and agree or disagree or like something or not like something? Someone says how they would want to do it instead and maybe that’s the inspiration for them to become a filmmaker or an actor. What’s the version that you would want to see? I think it can be actually inspirational in that way." (August 24, 2018)

Oscar Isaac: “I love [the controversy about Poe in Star Wars: The Last Jedi]. It’s incredible, because you have people actually engaging with the ethical question of war and what leadership is. The last thing you want is for people to watch a movie and be like, ‘Great,’ and then move on. With [The Last Jedi], the conversation continues and can stir real emotions. You’re having a conversation about actual things that matter, you know?” “What I think is really special about the whole thing — particularly for people that really didn’t agree with where the story went — is that it’s often a great inspiration to do your own stuff. Obviously, making your own Star Wars movie is a bit of a tough challenge, but at least from a narrative standpoint maybe you make your own thing and then show what you would want. Make what you would want to see.” “I’m very happy about that [decision to feature Carrie Fisher as Leia in Episode IX]. I think it’ll be a wonderful way to deal with this character that we all love so much.” (August 27, 2018)

Oscar Isaac: "[I'm] not really [going to be sad to say goodbye to Star Wars after Episode IX finishes.] I've gotta get on with my life, man. It's a lot of years (laughs). Coming back this third time has actually been the most fun so far. We all just have a real command of what we're doing, and it feels a bit looser. It's going to be a great sendoff, not only for the fans and for the story, but I think for us as well that have devoted so much time to it." (August 28, 2018)

Oscar Isaac: “[J. J. Abrams] seems to me just as excited if not more so because now there's a history there, there's a shorthand, and the nature of the story is different.” (August 28, 2018)

Oscar Isaac: "[The Resistance in Star Wars: Episode IX] are guerrilla fighters, adhering closer to something like the Revolutionary War fighters or even the guerrillas in Cuba with Che and Fidel and all these guys living in the mountains, coming down to do some attacks, and going back and trying to hide from the 'empire' of the United States. It's that kind of ragged at this point." "[It always] feels like [Carrie Fisher's still around]; [she is] still with us." (August 30, 2018)

Oscar Isaac: "[I trust J.J. Abrams's] sensibility [in regard to bringing Leia back via unused footage shot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens]. When I read the script it all made a lot of sense to me. Treating that character that we all love so much with real respect from the beginning — I was very happy about that." "[I am excited to wrap up Poe's] fulfilling arc [with the upcoming final Star Wars sequel trilogy film]. It’s been a good chunk of time where we’ve been doing these movies (laughs)." (August 31, 2018)

Last edited:
Time to use this great guy properly.

Oscar Isaac: “The way they’ve been shooting [Episode iX] right now is looser than it’s been for the last two times. It does feel like a relief to get on set and feel like, ‘Oh, we can try things.’ It’s a testament to J.J. [Abrams] coming back and feeling confident. There’s less pressure for it to be right. We just want to make a good movie and have a really good time while doing it.” "[The Episode IX improvisation is like] Cassavetes in space. Often, you do feel like you’ve got to find your way to make something more alive, but this time, it’s been the opposite. There’s no need to smuggle anything in there.” "[My uncle and cousin have] had some great ideas [for Star Wars]. I smuggle some secrets out to them.” (October 12, 2018)

Oscar Isaac: “The story [of Episode IX] deals with [Leia] quite a bit. It’s a strange thing to be on the set and to be speaking of Leia and having Carrie not be around. There’s definitely some pain in that.” "[Compared to the prior two episodes] there’s a looseness and an energy to the way that we’re shooting this that feels very different." “It’s been really fun being back with J.J., with all of us working in a really close way. I just feel like there’s an element of almost senioritis, you know? (laughs) Since everything just feels way looser and people aren’t taking it quite as seriously, but still just having a lot of fun. I think that that energy is gonna translate to a really great movie.” “[Carrie's absence is keenly felt on set]. [The movie] deals with the amazing character that Carrie created in a really beautiful way.” (November 20, 2018)

Last edited:
Oscar Isaac: "Well it was the most fun it's been [filming the last Star Wars]. There was just an energy and a looseness and an excitement to the whole production and knowing that this was the conclusion of not only our time there but the nine stories - these nine episodes of the Skywalker Saga - it's incredible and I think people are gonna be just blown away." (March 4, 2019)

Oscar Isaac: “I think [Episode IX]’s going to be a very good ending to the entire Skywalker saga, which has lasted for these nine films. I think that what J.J. (Abrams) and Chris Terrio have done with the script will be incredibly fulfilling. You’ll get to learn new things about Poe and about Finn and Rey of course, so I’ll be really excited to share it.” (March 12, 2019)

Oscar Isaac:
"I wasn't surprised [at it being an emotional centerpiece with the scenes I had with Carrie Fisher in Star Wars: The Last Jedi] because I remember we were doing that...we worked a lot and her and I worked together so much, too, and we would talk about the scenes, and we would...you know, we got very tight during the shooting of that. So it was a beautiful thing to see and it gets carried over into the new film" "Yeah, no it is [emotional on another level personally to me in the new film with the inserted scenes of Carrie Fisher]. It was definitely an unusual thing but I also think it was right to engage with her character, and not just let it be something that fades away but can really give it its proper, you know, place of honor." (March 12, 2019)

Oscar Isaac: “What was particularly special was the day that I finished on these three massive movies that for me have been such a huge part of my life, right after it was like, ‘Okay, Oscar’s done.’ And then I said a few words. ‘And it’s also Anthony Daniels’ [C-3PO] last day on set!’ Way to take the thunder.” “[Anthony Daniels] was super emotional about it and hanging up the golden cowl. And I think, really, and I mean this, this time he kept saying this was the most fun he’s had ’cause he had so many fun things to do and we got to work a lot together. It was just amazing to see that piece of history close.” (March 15, 2019)

Last edited:
I will say there seemed to be more comradery on set with this trilogy compared to the prequels. I don't recall hearing about any emotional last days when they wrapped "Revenge of the Sith". But that kind of goes without saying...:o

Oscar Isaac: “[Poe] takes those [lessons of leadership] on. Where we start in Episode IX is, they’re decimated, there isn’t much of a Resistance to even lead, so I think what they’re trying to do is find allies, find anybody they can that can help them, help their cause -- it just feels like it’s totally lost. As the film goes on, I think you start to see him really grapple with not only the lack of leadership -- I mean, Leia is gone -- but also, how do you be a leader when there doesn’t seem to be anybody to lead?” (April 12, 2019)

star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-teaser-trailer-7bhw-1555111034055_1280w.png

la-1555104132-akfspuayz3-snap-image

Oscar Isaac: “[Poe]’s been a bit of a lone wolf, on purpose: That’s how he always kind of viewed himself. He was the one guy alone in that X-Wing, and now he’s got some co-pilots, he’s got people on his flanks, so it’s a new way that we’re seeing him.” (April 12, 2019)

Oscar Isaac: “It’s just so profound [to see Carrie Fisher in the new teaser for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker]. It’s so moving and heartbreaking at the same time because she should be here. I think that the film deals with it in a way that will allow everyone to feel like we can all both mourn together and feel some closure.” (April 12, 2019)

At the Bronx Zoo and I’m standing behind him right now.

thestarwarsgeneration-studio-03.jpg

tBnSQ8l.jpg

Looks like he's back in his X-whaaaaa?
Orange X-wing...?
/
3aifz7.gif

Everything that's happening now, is happening now!
/
razz.png

Last edited:
Better look at his new x-wing colors

RiseOfSkywalkerPoeDameronsXwing.JPG

LOL don't know if Oscar's Gomez will croon like that.
He can play classic spanish Guitar though... And the more Addams' cartoon inspired one, might just be hiding a sword in that guitar neck!
tumblr_oyugxslc7W1rpduwho1_400.gif
:oldrazz:

Last edited:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Love the glorious shot, and detailed look at the underside of the Blockade Runner. You can see the distinctive escape pods, the gun turret, etc.
This ship embodies the spirit of the SW Rebels start to finish.
From SW's opening shot, to the droids receiving the plans from Leia, retroactively where Bail and Obi-Wan set in motion the fate of the Rebel twins, to where R1 Leia first receives the plans(hope) from the fallen Rogues, and now this ...the Rebels last stand, captured under the tremendous shadow of it's hull.

Where the X-wing and Falcon represent OT Luke and Han, the Blockade Runner always seemed to represent Leia's equivalent ship.

Now Poe (who is sort of picking up the Rebel leader mantle from Leia , is giving a rousing- "we are not alone, good people will fight if we lead" speech, under it's (and symbolically Leia's ) protective shadow.

Last edited:
I wonder if we'll see the inside of the ship at all in TROS. It was pretty powerful to see it in ROTS and Rogue One. I guess it technically can't be the Tantive IV, but it could be an identical design of course.

I wonder if we'll see the inside of the ship at all in TROS. It was pretty powerful to see it in ROTS and Rogue One. I guess it technically can't be the Tantive IV, but it could be an identical design of course.
Could be the ship that General Calrissian shows up in, leading a part of the fleet (hence during the speech Poe recognizing "We are not alone, ...Good people will fight" he's siting right there in front .

Last edited:
Oscar Isaac: “What’s amazing about the story and the script is that you learn that both the Sith and the Jedi have been playing a very long game. From the get-go, there’s been this chess match. All these pieces have been played. And now we get to see who gets checkmate.” (November 11, 2019)

Poe getting some great moments in this

I really hope Oscar does a lot of promo for this. It's not truly SW promo until he shows up in his Christmas sweaters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"