Other Marvel Teams BESIDES the Avengers?

I really can't see any point to trying Defenders. They don't really have a solid premise that would work in a movie.

Heroes For Hire, Thunderbolts, and even though it's not a team the SHIELD movie they talked about would be cool as well.

Thunderbolts would be a good move too, I think. WB discussed doing a Suicide Squad movie, so a Thunderbolts film might be a good counterattack business-wise. Of course, if it means more awesome superhero goodness for us fans, I won't complain. ^_^

I really can't see any point to trying Defenders. They don't really have a solid premise that would work in a movie.

I've never felt the Defenders differentiated themselves enough from the Avengers to really justify a film. The X-Men are mutants, the F4 are explorers, The Guardians of the Galaxy are aliens, Thunderbolts are villains, Runaways are teenagers, The Powerpack are children, S.H.I.E.L.D. are spies, Heroes for Hire are self explanatory...

The Defenders don't have anything that really separates them from the Avengers except membership. Given that Fox has the rights to Silver Surfer, we're left with Hulk, Namor and Doc Strange...3 characters who have all been in some incarnation of the Avengers.

They come across as a second tier Avengers, and wouldn't make sense to put on the silver screen, the same way X-Force, X-Factor and Excalibur movies wouldn't make sense.

Agreed. There's nothing standout at all about the Defenders. Keep the Hulk on the Avengers, put Dr. Strange on the Midnight Sons, and just have Namor as a solo hero. There's no reason at all to put them together. And frankly, I'd prefer Hulk as an Avenger and interacting with them far more than I'd like to see him mixed up with Dr. Strange of all people.

New Warriors

Annihilators - Nova, Quasar, Beta Ray Bill, Ronan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"