Paradise Lost

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Galactus, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Galactus Devourer of Worlds

Legendary Pictures is developing a live-action film version of Paradise Lost John Milton's epic poem, with Scott Derrickson (The Exorcism of Emily Rose) attached to direct, says Variety.

Vincent Newman, producer of A Man Apart and We're the Millers for New Line, will produce along with Legendary.

Paradise Lost, published in 1667, tells the story of Lucifer's failed rebellion in heaven and subsequent role in Adam and Eve's fall from grace.

Phil DiBlasi and Byron Willinger did the adaptation of Paradise Lost.

2. My vengeance Guest

Really?Is this a true rumor?Because I see it very difficult to be translated into a film,given the presence of many static moments of description and contemplation(despite it being an epic poem).
    Will it be one of those absurd,modern adaptations?Will they actually use the original verses,or just follow the plot,because I find it very unlikely for them to use the original lines.Any news on a possible cast?

So many questions...

3. HUMAN Registered

It would be awesome if they based it off of the novel that was based off of the poem. The novel was awesome.

4. PLAS Registered

anyone ever saw Prospero's Books?

5. cerealkiller182 Must Get Deadpool Avatar

I didnt know they had made a novel. The fact that it is a poem has been the reason i havnt read it. I suck with poems., especially Olde English ones.

I think a movie would be cool. I dont know much about the actual story but I love the fictionalization of angels.

6. BT18 Registered

I'm really curious about who he'll pick for Satan, Adam, and Eve.

7. PLAS Registered

as long as they don't change it to Non-Demonitional-Fallen-Favorite-Servant-Of-The-Deity-Of-Your-Choice, Adam and Steve (you know, for pc reasons)