Patrick Stewart Returns As Professor X

I doubt it was What If Captain Carter or TAS Xavier, unless they say otherwise.

They explicitly aren't.

What If doesn't seem to have any bearing on the MCU at all, it's basically only called an MCU show as a formality. Maybe this will change in the future, but as of now the live action writers are making no effort to carry over plot elements from What If in a direct or consistent way. For instance, while we may have gotten Captain Carter and evil Doctor Strange in this movie, their universes and backgrounds are incompatible with what was established in What If.

And the X-men TAS universe is completely incompatible with univerese 838 as well. I mean for one thing...X-men TAS has normal traffic lights.

It was good seeing him but man did he look old AF. I kinda hope this is the last time we see him in the role. If and when Xavier returns, they must go younger

It was good seeing him but man did he look old AF. I kinda hope this is the last time we see him in the role. If and when Xavier returns, they must go younger
I thought he looked and sounded better in this than Star Trek Picard. There's a series where he looked past his prime.

I think he looked fine enough for what was needed here, but I would be hesitant to have Stewart back outside of say a one-off Secret Wars film. That way you could crossover not only Stewart's Xavier, but also Dafoe, Molina, Foxx etc as a last big hoorah before setting the next phase of the mcu.

They'll have to go younger for the long term MCU Xavier given how old Stewart would be by the end of that. I thought this was a good cameo for him at least.

They'll have to go younger for the long term MCU Xavier given how old Stewart would be by the end of that. I thought this was a good cameo for him at least.

Agreed. Great to see him, as always, but I’d be lying if I didn’t notice his age when he was onscreen. I don’t think it helped anything that it seemed every Illuminati member just filmed their bits in front of a green screen.

45 to 50 years old would be ideal.

The writer mentioned in an interview that this Xavier variant is a mixture of the FOX movies, the Animated Series and the comics.

Well yes, the actor, the yellow/gold hover chair and the character being a member of the Illuminati. Its a miXture.

I cheered when I heard the iconic theme once he appeared, plus, seeing him in the hoverchair was also sweet! I remember as a kid, wondering why he was in a regular wheelchair when I saw the first X-Men.

22 years later, here we are.

Wish the Illuminati got a bit more to do, though.

There's no question he's old at this point. But I thought he absolutely nailed it as Xavier here. It really did feel like a wonderful mixture of the Fox movies, animated series, and comics. They definitely hit on what they were going for.

Already kind of gushed about it in the Illuminati thread, but I think he was perfect here. He just felt like Professor X. I know they'll likely recast for a more long-term version of the character. But I'm glad we got this version in the MCU. Even his fate in the movie wasn't all that painful. He was being true to himself and trying to help people. Both trying to help Strange and Wanda. Even up against someone who didn't hesitate to kill him, he never lost his compassion.

Hopefully whoever they choose as the long term option can still capture this magic.

It was great seeing Stewart again as Xavier and the theme song was so nostalgic to hear.
I do wish he got to do more in his fight with Wanda. Feels like he got beat really quickly. I thought it was weird how he just disappeared in the scene with Strange and Mordo but then when he showed up to protect America, I was like oh ok, a little mutant showdown, he’s about to show just how powerful he is but then… he died pretty much immediately.

It was great seeing Stewart again as Xavier and the theme song was so nostalgic to hear.
I do wish he got to do more in his fight with Wanda. Feels like he got beat really quickly. I thought it was weird how he just disappeared in the scene with Strange and Mordo but then when he showed up to protect America, I was like oh ok, a little mutant showdown, he’s about to show just how powerful he is but then… he died pretty much immediately.

Kind of like the rest of the Illuminati. ;)

Kind of like the rest of the Illuminati. ;)
I know, I know but the X-Men nerd in me wanted more :funny:. Still I’m happy that we got to see him again in a good portrayal. Stewart is always a delight.

100% going to either be in Deadpool 3 or Secret Wars.

100% going to either be in Deadpool 3 or Secret Wars.

why-not-both-why-not.gif

Depends whether they kill off another variant of his in DP3. :funny:

At this point they may as well have him getting killed off in everything and just make it a running gag. **** it.

I would be surprised if they don't do that in Deadpool 3 if he's in it.

I'm convinced that Deadpool 3 is going to be an adaptation of the 'Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe' comic, except it'll be Deadpool Kills the Fox Universe. So I'd say there's a high probability of Stewart returning as Professor Xavier... and subsequently being killed off... again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"