Paul Rudd is Ant-Man

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by smashmode, Dec 18, 2013.

1. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

yeah, and Hawkeye needs a 'bro' anyway

science bros (Stark and Banner)
    warrior bros (Cap and Thor)
    now.. the dad bros!
    (and Widow and SW are the ovary bros... lol)

have I officially killed that word yet??.... bros.

2. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

Rudd was just as superb as I expected him to be, and I thought he delivered extremely well. I've always been a fan so it was refreshing to finally see him in a comic book movie. :D

3. Sean of Justice Registered

Now I wanna see Daniel Day-Lewis do one, dammit.

4. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

Same here, I've been saying it for years. But don't worry, it'll happen someday.

Btw, what's Rudd's deal with Marvel? Any chance we'll get him in the IW films? Or is that what his appearance in CW is for...to test the waters first?

5. horacethegrey Registered

Rudd was great as Scott Lang. And if memory serves me right, he's probably the first real Everyman superhero I've seen in the MCU. He's not a Norse god (Thor), a billionaire playboy genius (Iron Man), a scientist with anger issues (Hulk), a WW2 super soldier (Captain America), or a SHIELD operative (Black Widow and Hawkeye), etc. Scott's just an ex-con who's caught up in this fantastic adventure and given tech that's not even his own creation. But for all of that, he manages to do some pretty extraordinary stuff despite events being seemingly way over his head. I thought Rudd captured that well in his performance. I look forward to seeing more of him in the MCU.

6. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I really look forward to seeing him interact with other big Marvel characters.

7. Sean of Justice Registered

I don't think anyone has said. Not officially anyway.

8. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

I'm looking forward to seeing Rudd's Lang with Renner's Hawkeye. Civil War is going to be awesome

9. Guard82 Registered

Paul Rudd as Scott was immensely enjoyable. He was very likeable and self-effacing, and also very funny. I can't wait to see what he does in Captain America: Civil War. In the movie, his
    encounter with Falcon and subsequent setting up to be one of Falcon's allies
    was a nice touch. I makes me look forward even more to the kinds of friendship dynamics that Scott will develop with the other characters in Civil War.

10. webhead731 I'm a photographer

I really liked how he just sucked at keeping his identity secret and whenever he would get approached by trouble of some sort he'd pop the helmet right open, like he felt too guilty to hide or something. I died when he was just like "Hi I'm Scott"

I love Paul Rudd, and I really hope this movie stays successful and he really fits in and is accepted in this growing universe.

11. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

That part killed in my audience, especially with Pym's exasperated reaction to him doing it.

12. Gold Samurai Registered

Langs going to be so out of touch with the avengers. They're either legendary it or famous.

Then you have an ex con with no job who doesn't know when he's breaking up a moment lol

13. DaddlerTheDalek Starship Captain

I liked Rudd as Lang. It was easy to relate to him because he was a real everyman.