Paul Rudd is Ant-Man

Rudd was talking about getting in shape for Ant-Man on Colbert last night.

Douglas, Reed and Stoll joking about how ripped Rudd is lol

ujO05M5.gif

Breaking news....we have Paul's workout regimen for the movie:

tumblr_lpqeaubTPm1r18dzwo1_500.gif

tumblr_lxkixucnUl1r7ech8o1_500.gif

Paul-rudd-dance-gif.gif

ekp9gh.gif

tumblr_lxg8jq8mtz1qeeu9co1_400.gif

Color me crazy...but I have serious faith in this project still, I think Peyton will surprise us all. It may not be Cap 2 or GOTG level greatness, but I think it will still be great.

Color me crazy...but I have serious faith in this project still, I think Peyton will surprise us all. It may not be Cap 2 or GOTG level greatness, but I think it will still be great.

I think it has the potential to still be as good as Cap 2. Peyton Reed is a huge step down from Edgar Wright, but he's not a unequivocally worse director than the Russos. They're taking a movie that was going to be more auteur-driven, and homogenizing it into their existing brand—keeping in mind that basically all of us love what that existing brand has been so far.

What's frustrating isn't that it'll be a mediocre movie (though it COULD be), but that, however good it turns out, there will always be the sense of "But with Wright it probably would've been even BETTER!"

Anyway, regarding Paul Rudd getting ripped, I find it a little frustrating. There's something viscerally satisfying about seeing these goofy, likable guys (like Chris Pratt) get totally buff, but... does every main hero need to be totally cut? Like, why couldn't Scott Lang be a dude with Paul Rudd's existing physique? He's already fitter and skinnier than most of us.

This is where Rudd learned about true super powers :cwink:
[YT]/1mVmFq4sc4k[/YT]

I love this guy.

Ant Man's helmet in that picture with the red eyes look like Star Lord's helmet from Guardians of the Galaxy.

I've personally never read any Ant-Man (any tips on where to start would be great), but I do love Rudd as an actor

I've personally never read any Ant-Man (any tips on where to start would be great), but I do love Rudd as an actor

There are three different Ant-Man who all have their own distinct personalties.

For the original Ant-Man (Hank Pym) played by Michael Douglas in the movie I would advise checking out Avengers Origins: Ant-Man and Wasp and Avengers: Age Of Ultron 10:AI.

Avengers Origin is a three issue mini that retells the origin of Ant-Man and Wasp. Avengers Age Of Ultron 10:AI focuses on Hank Pym.

For Scott Lang the second Ant-Man played by Paul Rudd check out his origin "To Steal an Ant-Man" in Marvel Premiere #47-48 which also features the movies villain Darren Cross played by Corey Stoll.

This movie will be a very loose adaptation of To Steal an Ant-Man.

Marvel are going to publish an Ant-Man Cinematic Universe Infinite Comic collecting alongside Marvel ‘s Ant-Man movie Prelude 1-2 , Marvel Premiere 47-48, Ant-Man (2015) 1 and Age of Ultron 10:AI which I both mentioned above if you are willing a little bit.

It is also worth checking out FF Vol. 1: Fantastic Faux and FF Vol. 2: Family Freakout which are two books featuring Scott Lang leading a offshoot of the Fantastic Four called the Future Foundation.

A Ant-Man book starring Scott Lang also débuts next week.

For the third Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady) The Irredeemable Ant-Man which written and created by The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman.
O'Grady probably isn't in the movie.

There is also this The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes! Ant-Man Micro-Episode on Marvel's official Youtube page.
[YT]/tlUOgN6catE[/YT]

Why are they hiding Rudd's face behind a full helmet instead of just going with an open helmet design from the beginning? I hope if Evangeline becomes Wasp that they don't conceal her face behind a full helmet.

Why are they hiding Rudd's face behind a full helmet instead of just going with an open helmet design from the beginning? I hope if Evangeline becomes Wasp that they don't conceal her face behind a full helmet.

I don't want Wasp to have a helmet at all but just to show her face uncovered as in most of her costumes.

And I agree that Rudd should've shown his face. He could've had the classic Ant-Man helmet which would've done that.

No reason for Wasp to hide her face but if the Ant Man full mask works really well, I don't have a problem as long as Rudd gets plenty of face time as Lang. Having the mask cover his face didn't hurt RDJ's Stark too much. :yay:

First time I saw Rudd on TV was in that Friends episode as Joey was looking for a date for Phoebe

He was great in that show and I became a fan of his.

It's just awesome he's in the MCU

I'm also a huge Michael Douglas fan, so I'm a happy camper :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"