Peaceful Warrior

Looks kind of like your typical tragedy conquering, life-affirming flick. It looks adequately put together though.

peacefulwarrioronesheetvg9.jpg

I saw this in theatres in September, it's one of the best films of 2006. Nick Nolte was excellent, the story is very uplifting and thought provoking, and the writing is fantastic.

looks great

I saw the trailer on the Crank DVD and it looks really good. BTW, was this released in theatres?

My wife is a big fan of this book, and we finally got a chance to see this a little while ago. It's a fantastic film and my wife said it stuck very close to the book. There is some interesting philosophical leanings to the film (mostly coming from Nolte's character), but it's not preachy at all. It's a film about personal triumph and overcoming tragedy, but also about self-mastery. Highly recommended. :up:

jag

My parents watched it the other night. They said it sucked.

It's odd, I remember seeing this on RottenTomatoes and saw that it only had 27%. :wow:

Yeah, it's gotten raped by the critics; mostly for being too much like so many sports films or flicks like The Karate Kid where a young hero overcomes his obstacles to be successful. Philosophically, it's not treading any major new ground; more of a reminder of things everyone already knew. But, it's done well overall and enjoyable. :up:

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"