Flight 93 (September 11th) Trailer

I'll see it because I'm interested in how Paul Greengrass is gonna handle it, but... a Sept. 11th movie already?

I don't know...it feels too soon, ya know?

The next you know it, 9/11 will spawn video games, just like there's games based on the WW II and Vietnam.

Too soon!
Probably better than Stone's "World Trade Center" because Stone should never be given a historical piece to direct let alone a 9/11 movie

I think it's too soon for a 9/11 movie. First of all, Al Quada is still out there screwing around, so it's bound to have a bit of a cliffhanger ending. And second of all, it hasn't even been 5 years yet, and it's all still too fresh in people's minds, and will make many people uncomfortable. Are the proceeds, if any, going towards 9/11 related charities? If not, then that's truly despicable.

I'm going to kick whos ever @$$ came up with a 911 movie how dare they.

Yeah, it's way too soon for this. I'm hardly an emotional person, but just from watching the trailer...I don't think I could stand watching two hours of that.

Hopefully it's a great movie, though...a great movie I can watch with some sliver of comfort 10-20 years from now.

the trailer is not working for me for some reason..

so when's this movie coming out?

deathshead2 said:
I'm going to kick whos ever @$$ came up with a 911 movie how dare they.
It's not that bad of an idea, really. I mean, those people that sacrificed their lives do deserve to be ingrained into the public consciousness beyond mere history books. Just like WW2 had Schindler's List, and Torra Torra Torra, dedicated to it, 911 should have some great movies to tell the stories of what happened that day. It's just too soon to do it, IMO.

Al Queda isn't out there doing anything. The Government just says they are, so they can arbitrarily attach them to a country, and then attack that country, and then not find weapons of mass destruction.

American_Hobo said:
the trailer is not working for me for some reason..

so when's this movie coming out?
April, apparently.

I still don't see them doing justice to those people. Still how dare they.At least wait 10 years before you do this movie people.

why's my computer gotta suck when it comes to playing movie trailers? i got DSL and quicktime 7, seems like there shouldnt be a problem, but....

at first i thought this was the Oliver Stone/Nic Cage 9/11 project.

Very nicely done Teaser. But I dunno considering the Subject. The people this Movie will I think effect the most are the ones who SAW them collapse sure everyone may be a little effected by this but the ones who were there & saw the buildings actually collapse might have a problem with this Movie

The trailer doesnt show me anything to make me think its not a movie trying to make money off the tragic events of 9/11 but then again its a teaser maybe the 2nd trailer will reveal more.

Rock Strongo said:
Al Queda isn't out there doing anything. The Government just says they are, so they can arbitrarily attach them to a country, and then attack that country, and then not find weapons of mass destruction.

Also, man never went to the moon, and Elvis is still alive, right?

I watched that docu, it was pretty good.

the movie looks enticing to say the least. This is a story of real life heroes (of course it isn't the actual accounts though, save for the phone calls). I'm interested in seeing how the movie pans out.

I hope this Simon Poland guy knows what accent he's supposed to be doing. Listening to the trailer the words "take them down" cuts through and hits the right button . . . I wonder if that's him?

Timstuff said:
Also, man never went to the moon, and Elvis is still alive, right?

What he means is that Al-Queda (which is a name the west came up with) is not simply a group of evil cave-dwelling terrorists, as the US Govenment would have you believe. No doubt the 9/11 movies will portray them as such though, trying to kill all the decent, heroic, ordinary Joe Americans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"