Pedro Pascal IS Maxwell Lord

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
I thought there would've been a thread already, but I guess not.

Anyway, I absolutely loved the guy on Game of Thrones, so I'm pumped to see how this plays out.

I think he could be an agent of Urzkartaga, the ancient plant god that transforms women into the Cheetah.

He could be a god himself though, like Ares was, in human form.

I wonder if they're going to deal much with the Greek gods here if they have to deal with the mythology of the Cheetah, which is a separate thing, with its own gods. Unless they somehow combine the two.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Urzkartaga_(Prime_Earth)

Last edited:
Perhaps who is playing is being kept under wraps because it could be a major plot give away. I still believe the Trevor shots we're seeing is either a god/villain in Trevor's form or Diana's Demi god ability to commune with the dead. Knowing who he is could give away this plot point...

It's always a guessing game with Wonder Woman casting news lol. I remember the first film and trying to figure out who everyone was playing. My guess is that revealing Pedro's role would be a spoiler (ie like how Thewlis role was in part one).

Vandal Savage would be a great surprise.

This was already posted elsewhere but I'll post it on this separate thread for Pascal. It is the only speculation so far from someone who seems to have gotten some character breakdowns for the WW84 script (Jeff Sneider from 'Meet The Movie Press'):

If I had to wager a guess, I’d say that Pascal is playing a slippery conman known in the script as Rex, who’s the only new male character that could really be described as a lead in the sequel. Also, the studio was looking to make a diverse hire for that role, and Pascal fits the bill, as he’s Chilean-American. Of course, there’s a chance he could be playing an intimidating American businessman, but that’s a relatively small role that wouldn’t necessarily require a rising star of Pascal’s caliber.

http://www.tracking-board.com/pedro-pascal-joins-wonder-woman-2-so-whats-his-role-and-is-chris-pine-coming-back/

Of course such a role could be a ruse for a god/villain.

Rumour/gossip about Pedro's role:

While speaking about rumors for Wonder Woman 1984, insider DanielRPK posited the possibility that Pascal is playing a god in hiding, much like how Ares operated in secret in the first film.

"I hear Pedro Pascal's character is a God in disguise," tweeted DanielRPK. When someone suggested Pascal could be pretending to be Steve Trevor, he added, "Nope. That's the real Steve Trevor."

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/06/17/wonder-woman-1984-who-is-pedro-pascal-playing-rumor/

Pedro is Dr. Psycho, and it is not being revealed because it would give away the major plot twist of who "Steve" is.

I’m very interested to see who he’s playing. The guy was an absolute beast in GoT, one of my favourites.

DjYAwcPW0AETDhJ.jpg

People are guessing Maxwell Lord, whose abilities are described as:

his powers work by exploiting and promoting people's underlying desires and inhibitions to make them do his bidding. The only draw back being his power doesn't give him outright control over them, he can only push them to act on their own subconscious wants.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell_Lord (see the Powers and Abilities section)

So, Steve would be a figment of Diana's imagination, manipulated by Max Lord.

Still sounds similar to the Dr. Psycho / Captain Wonder storyline, but with less ectoplasm. At any rate, evil Pedro conjures Steve for his own purposes.

I kind of liked the ectoplasm version better, personally.

definitely looks like Maxwell Lord. Hope it is him too, I always wanted to see Lord pop up in a Wonder Woman movie

I hope the mystery around who he's playing doesn't mean we won't see him in promo material.

I always said that Max Lord isn't a direct Wonder Woman villain, but now Wonder Woman Earth One vol. 2 made him a direct Wonder Woman villain, and he's going to be the main villain in vol. 3

I hope Max Lord gets taken down as brutally as Zuckerberg in this clip

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"