Pedro Pascal IS Maxwell Lord

Max Lord! Awesome casting. Love the character. I wonder if they'll go the villain route with him in this episode or if he'll be an ally... for now. Wondy ended up snapping his neck in the comics eventually if I recall correctly.

Last edited:
Headline should say, Pedro Pascal is Maxwell Lord, we know who he is now.

I remember when the first Pedro in costume and hair was released and I immediately said, "He looks EXACTLY like Kevin Maguire's version of 80's Max Lord" and posted some images including this very one... I of course was told that was wrong.

Good times.

I remember when the first Pedro in costume and hair was released and I immediately said, "He looks EXACTLY like Kevin Maguire's version of 80's Max Lord" and posted some images including this very one... I of course was told that was wrong.

Good times.
That's how you know you've really made it on the Hype.

Good times.
A lot of people thought it was Maxwell and then there were others who didn't believe it. Of course the only thing that will ever stop that is actual confirmation. That's how it works.

4sm1nkY.jpg

Maxwell lord is such an inspired choice

Headline should say, Pedro Pascal is Maxwell Lord, we know who he is now.

A lot of people thought it was Maxwell and then there were others who didn't believe it. Of course the only thing that will ever stop that is actual confirmation. That's how it works.

He confirmed it himself that he's Max Lord in this video.

If that's not confirmation enough, then I don't know what is.

I updated the thread title since it's been obvious who he is for quite a while.

I loved Pascal in Game of Thrones. One of my favourites in a cast full of great characters. Really glad he got this role and Mandalorian.

Ironically this isn't the first time Pascal has been associated with Wonder Woman. He played a minor role in the NBC pilot Wonder Woman as a Detective Ed Indelicato.

So the fact that he's Maxwell Lord on the big Screen is a huge step up and definitely a shot of redemption for him.

Max Lord has a lot of haters among the WW fandom, I think Pedro Pascal might win their hearts. He's amazing

Max Lord has a lot of haters among the WW fandom, I think Pedro Pascal might win their hearts. He's amazing

Note that the movie version of Max Lord being well done, doesn't actually change the relevant Max Lord/ Wonder Woman story in the comics. You can entirely go "Movie Maxwell Lord is a great villain" *and* "The comic storyline where Lord randomly turned into a villain and got killed by Wonder Woman was stupid as hell".

Note that the movie version of Max Lord being well done, doesn't actually change the relevant Max Lord/ Wonder Woman story in the comics. You can entirely go "Movie Maxwell Lord is a great villain" *and* "The comic storyline where Lord randomly turned into a villain and got killed by Wonder Woman was stupid as hell".

I think the aftermath of Sacrifice with Wonder Woman being cast out of the Justice League was the worst part. That and Wonder Woman's reputation for 'killing her villains'

I think the aftermath of Sacrifice with Wonder Woman being cast out of the Justice League was the worst part. That and Wonder Woman's reputation for 'killing her villains'

Indeed. It was a dumb story, but the followup was worse. Especially since, if you take the original story seriously ( ie, you pretend Lord was right and there was no way to stop him but kill him ), then. . . well, that should have been it. Everyone already *knew* that Diana is willing to kill when strictly necessary. This wasn't a new twist or a dark secret revealed, least of all to Diana herself. At worst, she should have just had a cold period where she, Superman, and Batman aren't talking to each other for a while, because its awkward and uncomfortable. Not the self-flagellating nonsense.

Pedro Pascal was brilliant as the manipulative villainous Maxwell Lord. This has definitely been Pedro's year for compelling performances as The Mandalorian and Max Lord, he plays both roles to absolute perfection.

Regardless of how Maxwell is depicted to be similar to a current political figure in reality. Pedro adds a dash of energy that gives gravitas to the character evolution from simply con-man to global megalomaniac.

He definitely was a scene stealer in the scenes he was either trying to remain calm and collected as well as the decent into malicious manipulation of others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"