Pedro Pascal is Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic

This is not casting I would’ve expected, and I’m not totally sure he fits the part but hey if Marvel sees something in him then I will keep an open mind.

I've seen in a couple of movies, Wonder Woman 1984, Kingsman: The Golden Circle and the TV series, The Last of Us and The Mandalorian.

This will be his best comic book movie (I hope).

I'll watch Pascal in anything. IDGAF if he's "overexposed."

Although I will admit that he has more of a Doom vibe to me.

In a couple years time you’ll all be saying you always knew he would rock it. Let’s just see what happens.

also on this, I think we’ve all been fancasting for so long no one is going to be happy when the cast is announced. Just something to think about going forward

yes, been preparing for the official announcement to be a very bit-sweet moment... as much as I'd just like to know already, I also enjoy the fun of fan-casting and speculation... as well as any name isn't going to meet everyone expectations, so, there will be that divide in the fans for awhile

if there was a thread for every rumored casting…

Yeah man it’s not like this casting in particular is being reported by legitimate trade outlets with studio sources or anything….

Oh wait.
Sorry my bad…I missed the part, when it was announced officially…when was it again?

Sorry my bad…I missed the part, when it was announced officially…when was it again?
My man….these aren’t amateur grifter scoopers from Twitter.

These are legitimate trade outlets who have actually studio sources. 99% of the time when you have a trade outlet report that an actor is “in talks” that usually means they’re in the final stages of negotiations, and very likely will be officially announced later.

^ This. It was Variety or another trusted source that confirmed this

^ This. It was Variety or another trusted source that confirmed this
Technically none of the major trades have confirmed anything since it isn’t “official” until the studio confirms it but seeing as these legitimate news agencies with actual studio sources, Pascal is pretty much a done deal. Just in the middle of finalizing a deal.

I think I'd have preferred Driver over Pascal tbh.

But neither were a top choice for me.

I'm with you. I really wanted John Krasinski back, however, I'm cool with Pedro Pascal and I'm glad Adam Driver wasn't cast.

Yes, Krasinski was definitely my first choice too, followed closely by Glenn Howerton. But I'm happy with Pascal.

Yes, Krasinski was definitely my first choice too, followed closely by Glenn Howerton. But I'm happy with Pascal.

However Pascal plays paternal roles real well and I think he will knock the family dynamic out of the park

Krasinski played father real well in A Quiet Place but it is reality

Do you all think Krasinski even read for the part with the studio? Not counting his scene in Dr. Strange. I hoped it would've been Ken Bagedly (sp) from "You".

Do you all think Krasinski even read for the part with the studio? Not counting his scene in Dr. Strange. I hoped it would've been Ken Bagedly (sp) from "You".
I should think they had discussions about it. I'm guessing it was just a matter of him not fitting the direction they are going with for Reed.

I should think they had discussions about it. I'm guessing it was just a matter of him not fitting the direction they are going with for Reed.
Without being in the room, yeah there absolutely had to have at least been a talk about it, given how much a fan cast favorite Krasinki was for fans even before Multiverse of Madness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"