Iron Man IRON MAN Is Cast!!

I understand. Well, for the moment we'll disagree. Let's hope that, come the time for the movie, we'll both be pleased with the result.

Oh lol I'm sure i'll enjoy it still as much as I don't like the casting choice he is still a great actor and it's freaking Iron Man. The thing I am most worried about is the director, but he may surprise me lets hope because his track record isn't great.

I'm optimistic about Jon, but if I'm going to be realistic then yes, I will somewhat agree with you. Still, there's a first time for everything, so... At least he seems to have a vision. That's always encouraging, don't you think?

Wow, go through the first 2-3 pages :eek: Shame on you fools :) hee hee

^^hahaha funny...reading the old comments about the casting news.

^^hahaha funny...reading the old comments about the casting news.

It kind of feels like the end of a battle and I'm pissing on all the fallen soldiers. ha ha

A lot of the doubters sure ended up liking the movie and RDJ :cool:

Ah told you so's all around :) mwah ha ha

LOL, I almost bump this topic the other day (it was in page nine or something...)

Man, RDJ is huge. It's amazing news. I think the only problem could be the age thing, but overall, I think it's great news!

It kind of feels like the end of a battle and I'm pissing on all the fallen soldiers. ha ha

A lot of the doubters sure ended up liking the movie and RDJ :cool:

Ah told you so's all around :) mwah ha ha

LOL

Maybe we should quote some of the old hysterical quotes from the doubters:oldrazz:

LOL

Maybe we should quote some of the old hysterical quotes from the doubters:oldrazz:

Ha ha here ya go, from the first couple of pages...

I don't know what to say about this. I'm scared and confused. :csad:
i woulda liked this maybe 6-7 yrs ago....seems like now hes too old....

age is only gripe i have
If he can stay sober for longer than 2 months, it may be a decent choice. But I doubt it (him staying sober AND it being a decent choice).

Bad move. Favreau and RDJ must be buddies or something.

Yikes! Downey is way too old for Tony. Bad choice Jon. :csad:

Omg I cant believe this, I am almost crying here. This is most likely some of the worst news I have heard in this year. I have always liked RDJ but he might possibly be the worst choice for TS.:(

Isn't he a bit too old to carry on the franchise?

It seems my fave hero gets screwed in every media. First DTV movies,then the comics,and now this. My hero is now dead to me.

Hahahahahahahahaha*pass out frm lack of oxygen*

This is my favourite!

Omg I cant believe this, I am almost crying here. This is most likely some of the worst news I have heard in this year. I have always liked RDJ but he might possibly be the worst choice for TS.

:woot::woot:

haha all those doubters!

At first when I heard that RDJ was cast, I wasn't sure how to feel - somewhere in between but after a while I didn't really mind but until I heard great things about his performance, it sunked in for me. I've always been interested in RDJ and his work so that got me into the Iron Man movie more. I look forward to IM2 and the Avengers movies :up:

I still can't believe I wrote this. I was one of the first people to post in this thread and I want to say I was completely wrong. I will say though when I gave it some thought I began to understand why Fav chose RDJ.

''Omg I cant believe this, I am almost crying here. This is most likely some of the worst news I have heard in this year. I have always liked RDJ but he might possibly be the worst choice for TS.''

My opinion still hasn't changed I said from the begining I would like the movie and that the extremely talented RDJ could easily pull off the role. My only complaint was that he didn't look the roll in my opinion and he was to old I still stand by those. Movie was great though. I would of loved for it to be a little deeper and complex, but I guess they felt this was the best way to make money.

The only people who say he's too old are kids who think 30 and up is too old for any actor.

:im: :im: :im:

I still can't believe I wrote this. I was one of the first people to post in this thread and I want to say I was completely wrong. I will say though when I gave it some thought I began to understand why Fav chose RDJ.

''Omg I cant believe this, I am almost crying here. This is most likely some of the worst news I have heard in this year. I have always liked RDJ but he might possibly be the worst choice for TS.''

Hey congrats to owning up to it :up: I think others who were negative may run away from this thread ;)

The only people who say he's too old are kids who think 30 and up is too old for any actor.

Nah, I'm no kid, and I said he might be too old, not because he is old for a movie, but for a trilogy, or extended franchise that might go for 10+ years...

Any good franchise should be like 007. When RDJ gets too old, you cast another Stark.

RDJ pretty much carried the movie. If he wasn't cast as Tony Stark/Iron Man, I don't think the movie would have been as successful.

Wow! Why didn't I see this coming?! Well, he definitely has the chops and real-life history to be Tony Stark. I don't think he's too old because when you have a billion-dollar suit of armor you really don't need youth and muscles. However, I'm still a bit reserved. But his star power could lure other big names to the movie, like Bale did for Batman Begins. I think Terrence Howard would feel more comfortable being in the film now that someone of equal calibur is onboard. This descision will likely grow on me, like when I heard Heath Ledger would be the Joker.

I see I was right to trust Downey. I was just so thrown off back then it stunned me a little. It's funny reading all the bad commets becuase RDJ pwned all his critics, HARD!

That statement couldn't be more wrong for so many reasons.

1. You say 30 and up, but I think 30 - 35 would of been perfect. RDJ is in his mid 40's

2. Super Hero movies are usually Trilogy that take 3 years in between movies which means when the last movie comes out RDJ would be 50

3. Tony Stark was not 40 years old when he became Iron Man.

I usually don't care about the age of an actor, but when It comes to Super Hero movies I do especially when they are playing a character who is 10 + years younger than they are.

Don't get me wrong RDJ did a great job in here and he is an amazing actor, but his age was very obvious and I can only picture what he will look like when he's filming his third movie as Stark.

PS: No Franchise should take after 007 I hate the idea of changing actors all the time unless the last one just sucked at the role. All the constant actor change ever achieves is a bunch of idiotic arguments over who was best.

2. Super Hero movies are usually Trilogy that take 3 years in between movies which means when the last movie comes out RDJ would be 50
Jack Nicholson played the Joker at 52, dude. And Keaton was 38.

Jack Nicholson played the Joker at 52, dude. And Keaton was 38.
Jack was the Joker for just one movie and Michael was Batman for two.
Anyway I'm happy about Downey as Iron Man as I was when it was announced. I was surprised that Marvel went for a not-so-young actor.

That statement couldn't be more wrong for so many reasons.

1. You say 30 and up, but I think 30 - 35 would of been perfect. RDJ is in his mid 40's

3. Tony Stark was not 40 years old when he became Iron Man.

I usually don't care about the age of an actor, but when It comes to Super Hero movies I do especially when they are playing a character who is 10 + years younger than they are.

Don't get me wrong RDJ did a great job in here and he is an amazing actor, but his age was very obvious and I can only picture what he will look like when he's filming his third movie as Stark.

PS: No Franchise should take after 007 I hate the idea of changing actors all the time unless the last one just sucked at the role. All the constant actor change ever achieves is a bunch of idiotic arguments over who was best.

This entire post is just plain wrong. Couldn't be more wrong. Insanely wrong.

1. I'm no IM fanboi, but RDJ's age wasn't even close to being a factor. Anyone who says it is is just trying to win an argument.

2. You know better than the entire James Bond franchise? (laughs uncontrollably then gains composure) Riiiiiight. Changing bonds hasn't hurt Bond in the least, and in fact, has helped bring more sophistication and detail to the character. The only Bond I didnt care for was Brosnan, but even he was passable.

3. In the comics, Stark always looked middle-aged. The beard, the hair cut, the way he talked - he wasn't some young buck - he was middle-aged. In fact RDJ might look TOO young - but I thought he was perfect for the role.

So yeah, I'd say a lot of us disagree with your logic there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"