Perhaps Rhaegar married Lyanna

lol you guys are acting like they would spend money on a top tier superstar. its a 6 second scene. does it really matter? we will inevitably see Rhaegar again in GoT or a spinoff...

I didn't see anyone whining when fugly Lyanna was shown last season.

Exactly. I dont get why people are flipping out. It was a short 6 second scene for a dead character that will likely never be seen again

You'll take your Harry Lloyd knock off and you'll enjoy it.

It's fine, really. Better than Dany's reaction to Rhaegar in the House of the Undying vision. This way, he's only shown and nobody reacts to it, making it less stupid. At the very least, it fits the show.

GRRM seems pretty against a Robert's Rebellion spinoff, so I don't think it'll be an issue either way. We'll probably never see Rhaegar again.

With all due respect, GRRM should just focus on finishing TWOW first, rather than voicing his concerns about what HBO should show or not. I doubt his wishes would mean much at this point regardless of his authority, even though he's the reason why this series even exists, to be fair.

Yea HBO should say **** lawsuits.

People are flipping out because Rhaegar had been built up as this epic handsome prince for years and then when we see him he is a butt ugly Viserys cosplayer in a bad costume. If it was only 6 seconds they could have cast a male model who didn't need good acting skills.
Wasn't Rhaegar supposed to be even more good looking than Jamie? Well that failed miserably.

This is haha:
DIlt_YSUQAA1mqH.jpg

Who do we call to demand a refund? Lol

People are flipping out because Rhaegar had been built up as this epic handsome prince for years and then when we see him he is a butt ugly Viserys cosplayer in a bad costume. If it was only 6 seconds they could have cast a male model who didn't need good acting skills.
Wasn't Rhaegar supposed to be even more good looking than Jamie? Well that failed miserably.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That guy is far from ugly. People are making it out like he is some hideous beast

cHYr1lp.png

-hxU1YHT.jpg

Definitely not "ugly"

Last edited:
Sticks and stones will break my bones
Seize the day
Life is what you make of it... Are we done quoting bumper stickers?
I'm so sick of people using that beholder line to try and end a conversation. If looks don't matter then Rosie O Donnel should be Daenerys, Kathie Griffin should be Sansa, And Jonah Hill as Jon Snow...hey it's all in the eyes of the beholder.

Seize the day
I'm so sick of people using that beholder line to try and end a conversation. If looks don't matter then Rosie O Donnel should be Daenerys, Kathie Griffin should be Sansa, And Jonah Hill as Jon Snow...hey it's all in the eyes of the beholder.

I didnt say it to end a conversation. We can have a discussion here if you want and I dont know why you are taking it so personal. Its not that serious and definitely not something to respond with hostility to.

Rosie and Kathie are both too old for those roles. Jonah Hill? Not too far in age from Kit but like the other two, are not what I think of as comedic actors, and not really fit for the high drama here

Last edited:
It's fine, really. Better than Dany's reaction to Rhaegar in the House of the Undying vision. This way, he's only shown and nobody reacts to it, making it less stupid. At the very least, it fits the show.

Rhaegar looks like Viserys, and they both probably look like Mad Ol' Aerys back in his youth too. They've all shown a fundamental mistreatment of women at the very least. But then, that's what happens when you have a closed gene pool of mentally ill siblings who breed with each other.

With all due respect, GRRM should just focus on finishing TWOW first, rather than voicing his concerns about what HBO should show or not. I doubt his wishes would mean much at this point regardless of his authority, even though he's the reason why this series even exists, to be fair.

GRRM should do whatever he pleases with his intellectual property, I doubt it takes too much time away from TWOW regardless. HBO seem pretty happy with him effectively creating the biggest moneymaker they've ever had and wouldn't have signed an exclusive contract with him were it otherwise...in which case, no more Rhaegar, no more Robert's Rebellion.

I didn't see anyone whining when fugly Lyanna was shown last season.
I thought she was kinda cute.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That guy is far from ugly. People are making it out like he is some hideous beast
Agreed. They both looked fine to me. We are this bored already that we are looking for things to complain about maybe?

Exactly! Cast a male model if it's only 6 seconds. You can probably hire one for less than $5k for a day.

Exactly.

Who do we call to demand a refund? Lol
:woot: The casting director!

Seize the day
Exactly. But Osha actress Natalia Tena as Cersei, and Yara actress Gemma Whelan as Sansa.

NB: Natalia and Gemma aren't ugly, but they're not what Cersei and Sansa are described in the books.

cHYr1lp.png

Definitely not "ugly"
Definitely #NotMyRhaegar :woot:

But Tom Brittney on the other hand has that Daenerys Targaryen look about him.

MV5BNGNlZDA3MGItYmMwZC00MzNkLWFhZTgtMWVmOTI4ZDVhZDY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjA2Nzc5NDQ@._V1_UY317_CR20,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
11785C4A4E1EDEC60CDDD4

I think the "point" was that the guy looks like Visery from profil. The wig was bad tho.

They could of hired someone else, but I don't think it was bad casting at all. The costuming could definitely have been better.

I recognize that book Viserys and Rhaegar look very similar, but that being one thing they stick to is weird when you've got the Iron Bank supporting slavery and whatnot.

Better hairstyle and perhaps more impressive threads would have gone a long way.

more importantly... it seems like forever since we've seen a pair of boobs.

more importantly... it seems like forever since we've seen a pair of boobs.

:lmao:

Oh lol. Hehe. Not that I care but has there been a scene or two of Dany fully nude? I can't remember

Definitely #NotMyRhaegar :woot:

But Tom Brittney on the other hand has that Daenerys Targaryen look about him.

MV5BNGNlZDA3MGItYmMwZC00MzNkLWFhZTgtMWVmOTI4ZDVhZDY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjA2Nzc5NDQ@._V1_UY317_CR20,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
11785C4A4E1EDEC60CDDD4

I personally think that guy looks very generic and not that attractive. Ultimately it doesnt matter. Whats done is done. No matter who was hired, Im sure someone would say the guy wasnt handsome enough

:lmao:

Oh lol. Hehe. Not that I care but has there been a scene or two of Dany fully nude? I can't remember
You know, Google won't judge you. You don't need to pretend with Google. It already knows.

If they ever do the Robert's Rebellion prequel it probably won't be the same actor anyway. Maybe then we'll get a proper Rhaegar that people like.

(Yeah, I know they aren't planning on doing a RR prequel any time soon. I got no problem with that.)

the only thing id like to see from RR is Robert and Rhaegars fight... which can be done in a bran scene. other than that, the show and books have pretty much said enough about it.

I don't know why.... but it just now occurred to me that Ned knew Jon was the rightful King. Never thought of it from that aspect. No wonder he despised the iron throne, he believe his sisters son was too good for it.

I love that man. he must have been torn in half about it. and yes, Ned Stark is real... and this is a true story.

grand maester knew it... said nothing... howland reed knew... said nothing...

Last edited:
That's the first thing I thought about when they revealed his real name. It's a messed up situation given Ned was possibly bracing himself to tell Jon the truth the next time he saw him......which had all gone well, would have been after Jon had taken his vows and couldn't pursue it any further.

Ned did it out of love and to protect someone who was essentially his child, but you can only imagine Jon's anger. Jon had alluded to his confusion already about Ned letting him join the NW, knowing full well what the watch had become.

Rhaegar looks like Viserys, and they both probably look like Mad Ol' Aerys back in his youth too. They've all shown a fundamental mistreatment of women at the very least. But then, that's what happens when you have a closed gene pool of mentally ill siblings who breed with each other.

That's true.

GRRM should do whatever he pleases with his intellectual property, I doubt it takes too much time away from TWOW regardless.

Well, you never know. What's fact is that he's taking ages to finish the books. I'd rather his publisher put some pressure on him to speed up but that's a whole other topic. Whatever the thing is, I'd rather he just focus on his books.

HBO seem pretty happy with him effectively creating the biggest moneymaker they've ever had and wouldn't have signed an exclusive contract with him were it otherwise...in which case, no more Rhaegar, no more Robert's Rebellion.

Yes and on the flip side, HBO has made his intellectual property more popular than it would have ever been. It's a give-and-take thing and not one-sided. Both GRRM and HBO benefit from how things have turned out. If HBO wants it, Rhaegar and Robert's Rebellion will happen and they will put pressure on him. They continued with finishing the show even though the books haven't finished yet. That should tell you all you need to know.

They need GRRM's collaboration to make any spin off work unless they want to use what is already known and go nuts with their own creativity. We've had a little window already of how that works.... and it hasn't been good at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"