Period piece or present day?

If we could get a young Frank Langella he would make a great Victor

84f045d6-503e-4b0b-b483-df7cd4c80a21_1.0206f633286d16cecd4ed23abb197839.jpeg

Has anyone suggested Oscar Isaac as Reed? I know he is reportedly cast as Moon Knight but he could also make a good Reed just needs to wear lifts

Grace Kelly is the epitome of what I think Sue is like. I’m not sure who can capture her sort of elegance in our modern day. Elizabeth Banks has the look but not the class. I am thinking Anne Hathaway but she would need to dye her hair blonde.

edit: blonde Hathaway

Anne-Hathaway-Serenity-2019-Film-Full-7.jpg

Princess Grace was a one in a lifetime actress and presence. Hitchcock spent years trying to find an actress who could evoke her spirit, elegance, and class , but Grace Kelly was certainly a tough act to follow and I think she would have been perfect for Sue as well.

Love the sixties era casting ideas!

Jack Kirby based Agatha Harkness in large part on Agnes Moorehead's Endora from the Bewitched show. So that casting is spot on. And Carol Danvers, 70s era feminist and publisher of Woman Magazine, was largely inspired by Ms. Steinem.

If we could get a young Frank Langella he would make a great Victor

84f045d6-503e-4b0b-b483-df7cd4c80a21_1.0206f633286d16cecd4ed23abb197839.jpeg

While the Masters of the Universe film was bad, Langella in Skeletor was great in it and everything that Doom should be:

If Doom had even been like this in the Story films or Fant4stic, he would've elevated those movies. But thankfully he wasn't so that we can now get a proper Doom.

Langella could do just about anything from Zorro, to Dracula, to Sherlock Holmes, to Skeletor. So , I think he could have been a great Doctor Doom in the 70s and 80s.

You have quite a discerning taste.

While the Masters of the Universe film was bad, Langella in Skeletor was great in it and everything that Doom should be:

If Doom had even been like this in the Story films or Fant4stic, he would've elevated those movies. But thankfully he wasn't so that we can now get a proper Doom.

well said. Langella gave a Shakespearean Oscar worthy performance as Skeletor that is only rivaled by Brolin’s Thanos and Ledger’s Joker

Given the reception to WandaVision and all the period pieces in there and how much nostalgia it has generated, Marvel might want to lean into the 60s setting for the FF. They don't have to keep it there indefinitely but it can be like how the First Avenger was set in the 1940s and then everything from Winter Soldier was in present day.

And the First Avenger was a while ago (already 10 years) so it won't matter so much if the team are "out of time". And they would differ in that they wouldn't be stranded in the present against their will and therefore feel time displaced, but that they have willingly come to the future themselves because they are explorers.

And Reed might feel more at home in the present than in the 60s because now technology has slightly caught up with him. They could show in the 60s setting that he's rather frustrated with how primitive everything is, but is still somehow able to build his inventions in the equivalent of a cave with a box of scraps.

yes, I think a mixture of both, having their origin story in the past, then something happened to them (rather it be time-travel, or stuck in an alternate dimension where time stands still,...) and the story picks up with them being brought into the modern era could be cool (an would help explain why we haven't heard of them up to this point in the MCU) which would also allow them to be a pre-established team, and not only first developing into their powers/ and team dynastic now

Whichever time period Feige decides on this is my most anticipated Marvel Studios event since the first Iron Man and original Avengers films. This could be their best franchise besides Iron Man tbh if they nail the characters, story, look, villain.

First film: actually set in the 60s.

Second film: in the present but the team maintain a 60s aesthetic so that the 60s parts that audiences liked is still there but they have the best of both worlds where the FF can actually interact with modern heroes.

In terms of other Sue Storm type looks from the 50s and 60s

Anne Francis
images
6e7b170808fc6c2a2a09cdf90366a8f2--anne-francis-corp.jpg

Eva Marie Saint pre- Superman Returns
HE6l.gif

If they want to go for a late 60s setting

Michelle Phillips , though this look screams Gwen Stacy
original.jpg
220px-Michelle_Phillips_1966_press_book_headshot_Dunhill.jpg

If they want another 90s setting than

Jeri Ryan
7153396.jpg

Jeri Ryan never once reminded me of Sue Storm, and especially not while as Seven of Nine.

Wait crazy idea, imagine if they based Mole Man on like, an even more twisted Alfred Hitchcock

That would be wonderfully creepy and twisted

Y’all are on fire with these suggestions! I now have a crush on 60’s Michelle Phillips

Y’all are on fire with these suggestions! I now have a crush on 60’s Michelle Phillips

Well, you aren't only one who was taken by her 60s version . Her Band mate Denny Lane of the Mama's and The Papas was in love with her and had an affair her.

The Mama's and The Papas song , I Saw Her Again was written about her.
She had a bunch of guys chasing her in the 60s,

So, you're not alone my friend.:cwink: She screams very much Gwen Stacy to me.

I'm partial :hrt:to two of my other Sue Storm models who both appeared on the Twilight Zone and went on to have their own shows in the 60s : Inger Stevens of The Farmer's Daughter and Anne Francis of Honey West.

Inger Stevens
Inger_Stevens8.jpg
s-l300.jpg

Anne Francis

87f2f3571f359dcf5582ac632b19118b.jpg

Francis had very much a Scarlett Johansson vibe , so she may have been a better Black Widow than Sue Storm.

s-l300.jpg
giphy.gif

Last edited:
For more 60s Sue, how about Sandra Dee?

A-2595297-1327591968.jpeg.jpg

I want Sue to have that 60s hairstyle that Sandra Dee or Elizabeth Montgomery had, whoever plays her. It's so classic Sue:

fantastic-four-5-500x500.jpg

In terms of other decades they haven't really mined yet, if the go for the 70s era Sue , there's always Pepper Pott's mom

Blythe Danner

220px-Blythe_Danner_-_1980.jpg
images

There's always the iconic Farah Fawcett big hair if they really wanted to lean into the 70s look
c4c2600e4c2adc64f26d5cce52ee7712.jpg

There's also the equally Iconic Bionic Woman Lindsay Wagner look. She also could have played a 70s Carol Danvers .
51lYtlZR0DL._AC_SX385_.jpg

Then there's always the WKRP looks of Jan Smithers and Loni Anderson

jan-smithers-as-bailey-quarters-wkrp-in-cincinnati

6def51df6f6d8ac623ec8e841e1053fe.jpg

For a 70s Johnny Storm they could go for the Jan Michael Vincent look or the He-Man cut
cd4744f7432241c29bdfda04c2fe312b.jpg

Or they could go for that others 70s young actor who became famous I think:cwink:
Mark_Hamill_8IsEnough1.jpg

If they want to have an 80s setting and play up the 80s archetypal TV mom and dad , they could always base the Sue and Reed looks off of Joanna Kerns and Alan Thicke.
alan-thicke-joanna-kerns-today-160912-tease_2c0bb98ea28bbe1e6a946052c168e4cc.jpg

In terms of other decades they haven't really mined yet, if the go for the 70s era Sue , there's always Pepper Pott's mom

Blythe Danner

220px-Blythe_Danner_-_1980.jpg
images

There's always the iconic Farah Fawcett big hair if they really wanted to lean into the 70s look
c4c2600e4c2adc64f26d5cce52ee7712.jpg

There's also the equally Iconic Bionic Woman Lindsay Wagner look. She also could have played a 70s Carol Danvers .
51lYtlZR0DL._AC_SX385_.jpg

Then there's always the WKRP looks of Jan Smithers and Loni Anderson

jan-smithers-as-bailey-quarters-wkrp-in-cincinnati

6def51df6f6d8ac623ec8e841e1053fe.jpg

For a 70s Johnny Storm they could go for the Jan Michael Vincent look or the He-Man cut
cd4744f7432241c29bdfda04c2fe312b.jpg

Or they could go for that others 70s young actor who became famous I think:cwink:
Mark_Hamill_8IsEnough1.jpg

If they want to have an 80s setting and play up the 80s archetypal TV mom and dad , they could always base the Sue and Reed looks off of Joanna Kerns and Alan Thicke.
alan-thicke-joanna-kerns-today-160912-tease_2c0bb98ea28bbe1e6a946052c168e4cc.jpg

Lindsay Wagner would've made an awesome 70s Carol Danvers.

Some of these choices don't really remind me of Sue though. And Loni Anderson in that blue outfit looks like a marionette out of Thunderbirds for some reason.

Also Cheryl Ladd would've seemed more like Sue than Farah Fawcett:

458dd7df9fee177b8230d5a18e01b4b8.jpg

For an Airwolf remake, they should get Chris Hemsworth as Stringfellow Hawke.

I don’t know if this has ever been stated or even theorized, but I always kind of assumed Stan and Jack based Sue at least partly on Grace Kelly.

t-grace-kelly-may-2010-archive.jpg

Last edited:
Lindsay Wagner would've made an awesome 70s Carol Danvers.

Some of these choices don't really remind me of Sue though. And Loni Anderson in that blue outfit looks like a marionette out of Thunderbirds for some reason.

Also Cheryl Ladd would've seemed more like Sue than Farah Fawcett:

458dd7df9fee177b8230d5a18e01b4b8.jpg

For an Airwolf remake, they should get Chris Hemsworth as Stringfellow Hawke.

I posted them for look and period hair styles as opposed to playing Sue. I'm using them as models for the type of look that modern day designers could go for in recapturing the 70s. They're not my casting choices.

If anything, Anderson is more of a 70s era Black Cat vibe if we're talking about casting fit for a role.

Even though Ladd is more like Sue in terms of being an actress, if designers wanna capture the Icon 70s blonde look as a model , you go to Farrah Fawcett since she is a pop culture icon more than Ladd is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"