Period piece or present day?

If the rumors are true about the cast, then it looks like we are getting an older team. So maybe it might be good to set their origin in the past, but maybe disappeared into the quantum universe for awhile. Bringing them into our time with Reed and Sue's kids might be interesting. And it would also preserve their comic book status as a team that preceded the Avengers, X-Men, and others.

I reckon that promo art strongly hints at the sixties vibe. Which I think will be fun. It’s kind of a twist on the captain America story but from a wildly different era

I had a thought. This has zero chance of happening, but I thought it could be cool.

The general belief is they’ll be introduced in the 60’s and then jump to present day.

But what if they didn’t?

What if, instead of bringing them forward in time, they created an alternate MCU set in the past that started with FF and then brought characters like Thor, Hulk, Iron Man etc. in and created a retro MCU that was like the universe Jack and Stan created?

Meanwhile, continue the current MCU with the more recent characters, bring the X-men into that world that already has a shaky relationship with superheros.

I think that could be a cool strategy, but of course it isn’t going to happen.

Thats why Strange said to 838 Reed : you guys charted in the 60s

Not only he referenced the Soul RnB group in 1965, but also Feige maybe planned to set MCU F4 in 60s since beginning :scream:

I'm not entirely convinced that this film will be literally set in the 1960s, but rather in an else-world that simply looks like that time period.

Here me out: In Doctor Strange: The Multiverse of Madness, Stephen Strange and America Chavez passed through many different portals to universes that ran concurrently with the MCU's 616. If my memory serves correctly, there was at least one dimension that seemed to harken to a black and white retro time period (looked like the 1920s). Another universe seemed to suggest a prehistoric setting (a la X-Men's Savage Land). And there was yet another universe that looked very futuristic, almost Tron-like. But despite the visual aesthetics of those various universes, they all existed parallel to the 616.

So maybe this Fantastic Four exist in another universe that simply has the fashion and stylistic vibe of the 1960s but is modern in terms of technology. The Incredibles captured that same sixties James Bond-esque element too, but it was certainly intended to feel modern day.

So perhaps the events of MoM, the Loki Season 2 episodes, etc., will create a convergence of sorts that brings the FF into the 616 universe.

Interesting concept. But I also think, at this point, it’s possible the image they released on V Day was just meant to be a whimsical reference to the era of the original FF and a nod to the theories of a retro setting (not unlike using John K. in multiverse of madness but then not casting him).

If I were to bet, I’d probably go with a retro setting as being the plan, but it’s also possible we’re presuming too much from one image.

Wonder if given the TVA period aesthetic if it'll play into this.

I expect it to be formally set in the 60's but I'm expecting them to embrace a retro futuristic aesthetic. Essentially a timeline where technology advanced quicker than real life or even the mainline MCU.

I would do a mixture of both period piece and present day...similar to how Captain America The First Avenger was built or how it was presented

Present day. Sick of multiverses and period pieces.

if they make it another multiverse I'd prefer that Universe to just have a 60's feel to it... like that world of tomorrow, retro futuristic aesthetic... but, just be the modern timeline of that universe and not actually be in a set (60s) year

that way when it comes to crossing-over to our universe it's not also a matter of time-travel as well

if they make it another multiverse I'd prefer that Universe to just have a 60's feel to it... like that world of tomorrow, retro futuristic aesthetic... but, just be the modern timeline of that universe and not actually be in a set (60s) year

that way when it comes to crossing-over to our universe it's not also a matter of time-travel as well
This. All of this.

I'm all for the 60's as long as they allow Sue to be a dominant force, rather than damsel in distress. With their actor choice, I don't think I will need to worry about that.

It would be really cool to see a JFK cameo like this in an FF film. It’s interesting that marvel recently made some of their comics free including this fantastic four issue set in the 60s

IMG_1068.png

I had a fun idea for a 1960s inspired version of Mole Man.

Make him a doomsday prepper. He’s convinced nuclear war is inevitable so he retreats underground to build a new world

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"