Comics Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man Returns!

Here are the images from the FCBD issue. It's not perfect, but it does give me renewed hope:

Image-65-600x228.jpg

Image-65a-600x625.jpg

Image-60-600x393.jpg

And here's the link:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/27/vulture-com-gets-a-nice-big-plug-in-spider-mans-free-comic-book-day/

I'm taking his opinion with a grain of salt because 'ol Chip has to confine to the guidelines by Marvel.

Plus, it'd be mighty weird to have a relationship between MJ and Peter be teased when Slott's trying to force the Mockingbird and Spidey thing.

I'm taking his opinion with a grain of salt because 'ol Chip has to confine to the guidelines by Marvel.

Plus, it'd be mighty weird to have a relationship between MJ and Peter be teased when Slott's trying to force the Mockingbird and Spidey thing.

I'm guessing the spidey/mockingbird thing probably won't last beyond either the current Osborn arc or the upcoming secret empire/superior ock crap. I mean after all, haven't they teased a relationship between spidey and some stand-up comedian character?

I wonder if they will bring Felicia back during the new Otto story arc...

Anyone get a chance to read the FCBD issue yet? I missed being able to pick it up due to my kid being sick.

Wait, is he wearing the classic costume in that image? Web pits and the separate web boots...

Nevermind, just saw other images and it is the new version...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comments/6ad9w1/marvel_legacy_title_writers_revealed/

I don't know how accurate all this is, but if it is, then it confirms my earlier suspicions that Marvel really has no damn clue as to why Rebirth has been so well received.:cmad:

If that's legit, then it's poop. :doh:

Give me a Slott-free ASM with a new writer who actually cares about fan feedback (that isn't just worship or passing off constructive criticism as haters) with fresh ideas.

To expand on my earlier post...

I think where DC got it right with Rebirth is that they took the fans concerns to heart and actually made corrections. It wasn't about just making a different publishing schedule, they instead owned up to their mistakes and came forward basically saying, "hey we're sorry to all the fans, and we're gonna right these wrongs." DC did a lot of work to ensure that they put out comics that their fans would enjoy and addressed the concerns.

As an example, look at what DC did with Superman and Aquaman...people were upset about the marriages in either of those comics being ruined and DC brought them back. And they did it to resounding cheers. Rebirth has been killing Marvel in the sales dept and this is the reason why. DC went to great lengths to not only respect and respond to their fans but they also upped the quality in the writing.

Marvel just doesn't get that, at all, imo and time will tell but with that latest bit of news, I have serious doubts that Marvel will make Legacy into a 'corrective action' type of situation where they show true loyalty to their fan base. You can't just slap a new coat of paint onto a broken down car and call it good. You've gotta do some serious work and rebuild from the ground up. That's what is needed here and I just don't believe Marvel is gonna own up to the mistakes that they've been making and the real problems that they have with their series.

I read it.
Didn't much care for it. I hope this isn't indicative of the actual book.

I read it.
Didn't much care for it. I hope this isn't indicative of the actual book.

Y'know I'm actually wondering if MJ will even be a regular in the book or if she'll just be appearing in the first couple of issues?

Because while I know that Zdarsky is a fan of her character, Bendis is too. And I can't imagine that he would want to give her up (even though he isn't actually having her do much over in the pages of Iron Man).

Bendis loves MJ but he's barely using her in the IIM comics. She doesn't have an arc so maybe she'll get one in The Spectacular.

The weak kneed excuse for why MJ could no longer “stay” with Peter was due to his dangerous life. Yet for the past couple of years she’s been Iron Man’s assistant, which is equally as dangerous. Instead, this fact is used for laughs.

MTE.

I'm looking forward to this comic because It's Petermj in the 616 universe and it's not written by Slott. But I completely agree with the article you posted dkamphaus43.

I'm really tired of Marvel mocking the wedding and expecting the audience to believe "Petermj would never work lol!" when we have hundreds of comics that prove that they do.

Much as Marvel wants readers to forget that Hydra have been Nazis for fifty years, they expect a twenty year Spider-marriage to fade from memory. It doesn’t matter that readers born in the 80s grew up with it, nor that virtually every media adaptation has introduced MJ as Peter’s main squeeze for decades. Their awkward and complicated path from flirty teens to friends to spouses was one of the most organic love stories in comics, which was what made it so vitally amazing.

:up:

Hopefully it's just a misstep and the comic will be good.

Bendis loves MJ but he's barely using her in the IIM comics. She doesn't have an arc so maybe she'll get one in The Spectacular.

MTE.

I'm looking forward to this comic because It's Petermj in the 616 universe and it's not written by Slott. But I completely agree with the article you posted dkamphaus43.

I'm really tired of Marvel mocking the wedding and expecting the audience to believe "Petermj would never work lol!" when we have hundreds of comics that prove that they do.

:up:

Hopefully it's just a misstep and the comic will be good.

Well I'm also wondering how this thing with Rebecca London is gonna work out considering that Slott want's to hook Peter up with Mockingbird?

#1 variant by Todd Nauck
170529122827676447.png

I know I said I wanted more Petermj but this isn't quite what I meant :funny:.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/05/the-real-reasons-for-marvel-comics-woes/527127/

I know this article has been out for a little more than a week now, but I just thought I'd say that it's great to see a legitimate and respected news source calling Marvel out on their crap, especially people like Slott, Brevoort and Wacker.

While it's probably too much to hope that this type of negative attention will lead to any long-overdue restructuring finally taking place, at the very least it'll hopefully lead to Slott and his cohorts like Spencer and Brevoort to finally stop trolling people on social media.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"