Dark Phoenix Petition to release the original version of Dark Phoenix

I loved X-Men Apocalypse no matter what people say. I have my own complains about that movie but overall I loved. Psyclocke and Angel were made right for the first time in the X-Men movies, plenty of action, etc. Only Apocalypse himself was trash.

Yeah, except for the fact that instead of making them heroes, they tried to help Apocalypse commit genocide.

Yeah, except for the fact that instead of making them heroes, they tried to help Apocalypse commit genocide.
In the comics often Apocalypse turn heroes into their horsemen. They should have explained in the movie for the casual moviegoers like you that the power that Apocalypse gives the horsemen corrupts the person.

In that cartoon Wolverine and the X-Men, Apocalypse used Storm and Charles as his horsemen along with Mystique and Magneto.

In the comics often Apocalypse turn heroes into their horsemen. They should have explained in the movie for the casual moviegoers like you that the power that Apocalypse gives the horsemen corrupts the person.

In that cartoon Wolverine and the X-Men, Apocalypse used Storm and Charles as his horsemen along with Mystique and Magneto.

The difference is that they didn't STAY evil in the comics. Psylocke and Angel never redeem themselves; they stay a**holes the whole time.

What always amazes me about the people clamoring for these mythical cuts that are supposedly soooooo much better than what we got is that to release them would likely require the studios to spend a LOT more money just to finish the films, let alone marketing and distribution. A movie like Justice League or Dark Phoenix requires a ton of money for visual effects, so scenes that were left on the cutting room floor very likely had unfinished effects, or possibly none at all. A movie studio isn't going to invest the time or the money into finishing those scenes, especially not for a movie that bombed hard at the box office.

Though part of me would love to see a recut of Justice League that includes a bunch of unfinished scenes of Henry Cavill standing in a green room killing guys in mocap suits. Couldn't make the film any worse, right?

The 'Kinberg cut' would simply be a differently shaped turd.

The man is a hack. If he somehow emerges from this free from blame (as I've seen some try to declare, which is freaking bizarre imo) he truly is made of teflon.

I'd love to see you having to take a two film plan and change it to one 2 MONTHS before shooting begins, slashing characters, set pieces, rewriting the whole thing to make it fit into one film, all of that while this being your first feature (though he did some directing on DOFP and Apocalypse). Let's see how you would fare.

Kinberg is not a hack, like many producers and writers (look up Eric Heisserer's twitter thread about credits for writers, that will illuminate you) has had successes and failures. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes the studio interferes (The Last Stand, now Dark Phoenix), sometimes you just can't make the film you wanted to make and you have to compromise. That he made such a coherent film (and a good one imo, although knowing that there's a much longer, more complete and probably better (at least, from the few people who saw it and talked about it on here and other places) is super frustrating) is a miracle.

Truth is, online trolls like you have no clue what it takes and what it means to actually direct a film, what goes on behind the scenes and if what is onscreen wasn't just found in the editing room and how much of the original vision or intent is left. Keep harassing or insulting Kinberg as much as you want, he'll be just fine.

The UN invasion scenario does sound more exciting than the train sequence. I would want to see this cut

Me too, although it seems Kinberg prefers the new version and having only Scott, Jean, and Charles there might not have been satisfying? I would have loved to see the Skrulls, and obviously, the Shi'Ar in the original plan.

I'd love to see you having to take a two film plan and change it to one 2 MONTHS before shooting begins, slashing characters, set pieces, rewriting the whole thing to make it fit into one film, all of that while this being your first feature (though he did some directing on DOFP and Apocalypse). Let's see how you would fare.

Kinberg is not a hack, like many producers and writers (look up Eric Heisserer's twitter thread about credits for writers, that will illuminate you) has had successes and failures. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes the studio interferes (The Last Stand, now Dark Phoenix), sometimes you just can't make the film you wanted to make and you have to compromise. That he made such a coherent film (and a good one imo, although knowing that there's a much longer, more complete and probably better (at least, from the few people who saw it and talked about it on here and other places) is super frustrating) is a miracle.

Truth is, online trolls like you have no clue what it takes and what it means to actually direct a film, what goes on behind the scenes and if what is onscreen wasn't just found in the editing room and how much of the original vision or intent is left. Keep harassing or insulting Kinberg as much as you want, he'll be just fine.

Lol. This 'online troll' has been a member here for 17 years newbie. I've seen the best and worst of CBM's come and go and been here for near all of them. I've praised the good, usually ignored the mediocre and on occasion bashed the bad, and I've seen Kinberg's hands in a creative role all over 4 of the bad ones now, (Last Stand, Apocalypse, Fant4stic and now Dark Phoenix), his resume as a writer is littered with mediocrity and trash, so I stand by my belief the man is a hack and should stick to a producer role, imo. His resume does fare far better there.

And of course he will be fine. The dude is a millionaire several time over by now, lol.

What always amazes me about the people clamoring for these mythical cuts that are supposedly soooooo much better than what we got is that to release them would likely require the studios to spend a LOT more money just to finish the films, let alone marketing and distribution. A movie like Justice League or Dark Phoenix requires a ton of money for visual effects, so scenes that were left on the cutting room floor very likely had unfinished effects, or possibly none at all. A movie studio isn't going to invest the time or the money into finishing those scenes, especially not for a movie that bombed hard at the box office.

Though part of me would love to see a recut of Justice League that includes a bunch of unfinished scenes of Henry Cavill standing in a green room killing guys in mocap suits. Couldn't make the film any worse, right?

If it were still at Fox, I would've liked to see them release the Kinberg cut and then watch it fail even harder. Then what are they going to try to put out after that? The extra Kinberg cut?

If it were still at Fox, I would've liked to see them release the Kinberg cut and then watch it fail even harder. Then what are they going to try to put out after that? The extra Kinberg cut?

LOL

The Extra Kinberg Cut! Now with more Kinberg! So much Kinberg you won't be able to handle it!

By the way, I haven't seen the movie but is it true that there's a mutant with superpowered cornrows? I may have to watch it eventually just so I can see that, :funny:

LOL

The Extra Kinberg Cut! Now with more Kinberg! So much Kinberg you won't be able to handle it!

By the way, I haven't seen the movie but is it true that there's a mutant with superpowered cornrows? I may have to watch it eventually just so I can see that, :funny:

Apparently there is one. I've seen the reviews by Double Toasted and they've laughed at that mutant.

Apparently there is one. I've seen the reviews by Double Toasted and they've laughed at that mutant.

Yeah, that's where I heard about it. I was dying from their comments about "Cornrows Man." :funny:

Who is the troll....the 14 year vet of a site expressing his opinion about the maker of a movie (on a website designed for the free expression of opinions about movies)....or the new guy who comes here and with his first post insults and name calls another poster for expressing his opinion about a film maker? I know which one is acting the troll in this instance....and I suggest you post more civilly in the future.

Cry me a friggen river. No one forced Kinberg to write, direct and produce. If he can't make a competent product without blaming external forces if said product gets bad reviews, perhaps he should think long and hard about his directing dreams. Other directors have delivered better movies with more pressures and lesser budgets.

He also likely made north of $8Mil for this "effort." He made $8Mil each for DOFP and Apocalypse, and he didn't direct then.

We'll see how that all-female spy movie pans out. I won't be surprised if he's replaced as director, with a made-up excuse.

Cry me a friggen river. No one forced Kinberg to write, direct and produce. If he can't make a competent product without blaming external forces if said product gets bad reviews, perhaps he should think long and hard about his directing dreams. Other directors have delivered better movies with more pressures and lesser budgets.

He also likely made north of $8Mil for this "effort." He made $8Mil each for DOFP and Apocalypse, and he didn't direct then.

We'll see how that all-female spy movie pans out. I won't be surprised if he's replaced as director, with a made-up excuse.

Do you mean the Julie London classic, or the Justin Timberlake song by the same name? :o

LOL

Does that mean, half way though a scene, the entire background changes, someone's wig changes (talking about you, Fan4stic), and the characters all suddenly explode into 2D cardboard cut-outs and fall over...only to see a lone man in a director's chair...rewriting his rewrites and..
...oops. I've gone cross-eyed.

Does that mean, half way though a scene, the entire background changes, someone's wig changes (talking about you, Fan4stic), and the characters all suddenly explode into 2D cardboard cut-outs and fall over...only to see a lone man in a director's chair...rewriting his rewrites and..
...oops. I've gone cross-eyed.

One of the talking heads on Screen Junkies said that he could tell where the reshoots picked up because McAvoy went from having a shaved head to wearing a bald cap. :funny: Not as bad as Kate Mara's ratty wig, but still.

One of the talking heads on Screen Junkies said that he could tell where the reshoots picked up because McAvoy went from having a shaved head to wearing a bald cap. :funny: Not as bad as Kate Mara's ratty wig, but still.
I like watching those guys, they never hold back, as compared to the Collider people who I feel don't know what they're talking about half the time.

I loved X-Men Apocalypse no matter what people say. I have my own complains about that movie but overall I loved. Psyclocke and Angel were made right for the first time in the X-Men movies, plenty of action, etc. Only Apocalypse himself was trash.

Ummm what? Angel and psylocke were nothing like the comics and also when angel was a horseman he turned blue.
Jeez I feel like fox fans will just take anything cause they are use to mediocrity. No effort was put into most of these whatsoever

The 'Kinberg cut' would simply be a differently shaped turd.

The man is a hack. If he somehow emerges from this free from blame (as I've seen some try to declare, which is freaking bizarre imo) he truly is made of teflon.

It is truly surprising how the more control he gets over a project, the worst the project gets AND the more acclaimed and loved he becomes. The man is unstoppable, he should probably write, produce and direct his own story, warts and all, cause it’s fascinating...but he’ll probably be too busy having creative control of Phase 4 of the MCU where Jennifer Lawrence’s Mystique comes back from the dead and becomes the new Iron Man (although she truly believes it should be Iron Woman).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"